Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

08.06.2008 - 23:46
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
09.06.2008 - 00:30
Reizenstein

Am i off-topic if I'm saying that I don't drink?
----
Growl
09.06.2008 - 01:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Right now my three favorite beers are Guinness, Black Butte (I generally have a constant supply of this in my fridge), and Snowcap, which are all dark. For cheap beer, I usually get Budweiser or Pabst, but I honestly can drink anything. And, well you can never go wrong with Pyramid Hefeweizen. Also, when my military friends come over on the first weekend of the month, they also bring Duvel, which is an almost $10 per (big) bottle of ~8.7% Belgian beer. It's pretty good, but nothing I'd buy on a regular basis.

Oh, and Fat Tire (the regular one) is becoming one of my preferred beers as well. Belgian beer is good tbh.

And I recently found out that Snowcap is only seasonal. Damn that really sucks that I have to wait.
09.06.2008 - 03:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Heyy where's the old thread? I had replies and had yet to read them.

@Reizenstein: You live in a continent with the best beer in the world and you don't drink? ah well, to each his own.

@pyroleprechaun: What is Black Butte? lol Budweiser, I've had most of the big name American beers and honestly, the only one I've had that actually ISN'T a joke, that I can consider "real beer" is Samuel Adams
09.06.2008 - 03:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Black Butte is a porter brewed with chocolate hops. It's tasty

It's made in Oregon...seems like there's tons of shit made in the Northwest.
09.06.2008 - 03:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My favorite beer right now is James Ready...it's the cheapest stuff to get here in Canada (except for Fixx)...James Ready is 5.5%...another beer I really enjoy is a French Canadian beer called Fin Du Monde...a 13% beer that really is intense...it's a kinda fruit brewed beer too and for special occasions in my opinion...
@Lowelas OF FIRE: That's my fault...I told Marcel that I was going to open a new alcohol thread and he deleted the old one...I kinda told him he could if he wanted...ooops...
10.06.2008 - 01:09
Reizenstein

@Lowelas OF FIRE: You're not the first to say that actually. I sort of prefer to watch everyone getting drunk andlose their self control entierly. It can be very interesting at times actually
----
Growl
10.06.2008 - 06:57
Desertman
Account deleted
getting drunk ................yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went to buy a pen i swear hahahahahaha

where did u find it?

cool
10.06.2008 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Reizenstein on 10.06.2008 at 01:09

@Lowelas OF FIRE: You're not the first to say that actually. I sort of prefer to watch everyone getting drunk andlose their self control entierly. It can be very interesting at times actually

Ye sthats how all guys moustly get all girls into bad
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.06.2008 - 19:08
Reizenstein

Written by Bad English on 10.06.2008 at 21:11

Oh lord no, I don't do it in that way! :O
----
Growl
11.06.2008 - 19:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Reizenstein on 11.06.2008 at 19:08

Written by Bad English on 10.06.2008 at 21:11

Oh lord no, I don't do it in that way! :O

Me to never and never will, once I did but well she was much older so... it dont counts
----

apos;'
[image]
12.06.2008 - 02:16
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I tried Baltika 7 just now

I tastes alot like the Bahamian brewed Heinekan. It's good!
12.06.2008 - 02:23
Gordon Freeman

Written by Dangerboner on 09.06.2008 at 03:42

Black Butte is a porter brewed with chocolate hops. It's tasty

It's made in Oregon...seems like there's tons of shit made in the Northwest.

Oh yeah. The Northwest is loaded with small brewers that make a lot of good beer. It is one of the reasons I'm so excited about moving to Oregon. (I'm kind of a beer snob, I like me local brews!
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
12.06.2008 - 02:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
When you move, be sure to check out Dead Guy Ale. It's brewed in Portland and doesn't cost much.

12.06.2008 - 02:38
Gordon Freeman

Written by Dangerboner on 12.06.2008 at 02:36

When you move, be sure to check out Dead Guy Ale. It's brewed in Portland and doesn't cost much.

I'll be in the Eugene/Springfield area so if I can find it around there that would be great. If not, well I plan on making frequent trips to Portland anyway so that'll be fine as well.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
12.06.2008 - 06:47
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
Beer. Its whats for dinner.
12.06.2008 - 06:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, occasionally my dinner comes in a bottle. Other times it's breakfast...
16.06.2008 - 02:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm drinking homemade beer at work right now and I'm fucking loving it. My coworker made a ton of it, and somehow he made the beer taste like Black Butte!!! I love it when dark beer has the marshmallowy, pillowy head XD
16.06.2008 - 05:23
Evican
Ann O'War
I love Chivas Regal and I'm mainly a scotch drinker, not too fond of beer.
22.06.2008 - 04:16
The Sleeper

Jack Daniel's <3
Beer's good 2, expecially when it's dark.
What i can't stand is gin
----
"If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love."
Bohdi - Point Break, 1991
27.06.2008 - 23:58
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hmm.. Well, the only 2 alcoholic drinks i really ENJOY (which means, not drink just to get drunk) are Wine (red wine, i rarely drink white) and Metaxa. Metaxa rules all drinks except maybe good home made wine, I said Ill never get drunk of Metaxa, just enjoy it in moderate quantities.

From beers, we have here 2 major breweries, and those are Lav (lion) and Jelen (deer). I prefer Jelen beer. The first is 5.2% alc and the later is 5.0%.
Hmm, also, German and Czech beers are the best in the world, that is for sure, Im afraid i didnt have much experience with German beers, but Ive tryed many CZ beers, and the best IMO is Staropramen.
- And yeah - talking about Czech, there is CZ national drink made from herbs called Becherovka, which is nice too.

I can drink Vodka too, and from rakija, well, I like only Apricot rakija.
----
28.06.2008 - 00:55
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've almost met my goal of not drinking for a week. I only have half a day left! But, I kinda did cheat by getting ridiculously high, but hey, I didn't drink.
28.06.2008 - 18:25
Remus

Written by Bad English on 11.06.2008 at 19:15

Me to never and never will, once I did but well she was much older so... it dont counts

K7 you dawg you . Props!

Anyway, i was at the liqueur shop en i saw they had budweiser (they don't usually import it here)! Yay, i jumped at the opportunity en snatched a 6-pack. Got home and couldn't wait to get my grubby paws on it en what do you know...

It sucks ass. Its really watery and lacks any real flavour. Of course some might also say that its "drinkable" but i think just like Millers it doesn't live up to its name.

I'm sorry but i've yet to savour a real good american brew... Maybe anyone can recommend me some?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
28.06.2008 - 20:03
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Remus on 28.06.2008 at 18:25

K7 you dawg you . Props!

Anyway, i was at the liqueur shop en i saw they had budweiser (they don't usually import it here)! Yay, i jumped at the opportunity en snatched a 6-pack. Got home and couldn't wait to get my grubby paws on it en what do you know...

It sucks ass. Its really watery and lacks any real flavour. Of course some might also say that its "drinkable" but i think just like Millers it doesn't live up to its name.

I'm sorry but i've yet to savour a real good american brew... Maybe anyone can recommend me some?

Man... Europe is where the real beer is. Stick to it. And another thing, hyper-production is not your friend so, avoid big name import beers like those...
----
29.06.2008 - 01:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Remus on 28.06.2008 at 18:25

K7 you dawg you . Props!

hahaha that's funny that you got excited over Budweiser How much did it cost you? I've already recommended some beer from the USA, like Black Butte, Dead Guy Ale, Samuel Adams, Henry Weinhard's, Widmer and Pyramid, Hefeweizen, Blue Moon, and Shock Top (Belgian knock off tbh). Obviously, we are inferior when it comes to alcohol.

I just found out that the state to the South of where I live, Oregon, has the nickname "Beervana" because of all the breweries hehe.
29.06.2008 - 02:18
Remus

Written by Dangerboner on 29.06.2008 at 01:58

hahaha that's funny that you got excited over Budweiser How much did it cost you? I've already recommended some beer from the USA, like Black Butte, Dead Guy Ale, Samuel Adams, Henry Weinhard's, Widmer and Pyramid, Hefeweizen, Blue Moon, and Shock Top (Belgian knock off tbh). Obviously, we are inferior when it comes to alcohol.

I just found out that the state to the South of where I live, Oregon, has the nickname "Beervana" because of all the breweries hehe.

Well thanks, i'll try to keep an eye out for those beers you recommended but if Budweiser is hard to find around here you can just imagine how difficult it would be to aquire those brews...

But they do import rare beers at the local bottle-stores from time to time so you never know!
btw isn't budweiser a "knock off" as well? was it from the czech republic?

oh en it was about $8.5 - 9 for a pack of six buds.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
29.06.2008 - 15:31
dimitri
Account deleted
Long island ice tea is my favorite. Otherwise any belgian beer will do!
29.06.2008 - 19:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.06.2008 at 15:31

Long island ice tea is my favorite. Otherwise any belgian beer will do!

no greek ouzo and tsiprolo (or what it calls) are best
----

apos;'
[image]
01.07.2008 - 11:11
dehydration
Account deleted
That's quite good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chacha_%28liquor%29
01.07.2008 - 15:05
Nemira
Account deleted
Dark beer is sweet, tasty and deserves to be classified as an alcoholic drink. Although I'd rather have a glass of Jagermeister anytime.