Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
24.01.2010 - 23:02
Ragana
Rawrcat
I'm not an alcoholic, so I'm just a tourist who likes to taste everything on my own.
24.01.2010 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.01.2010 at 22:56

Written by Ragana on 24.01.2010 at 22:52

I already said that I drank that white thing in Cyprus. And I've drank the pure raki as well. I didn't like ANY of those. Btw, I didn't know that's a necessity to mix it with water.

normally its necessary. ppl who are alcoholic drink it without water or ppl who doesnt know about it.

I drink it whit out watter because I like it taste :p
and Im not alcoholic even I was in past
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.01.2010 - 23:22
Ernis
狼獾

Btw, I didn't know that's a necessity to mix it with water.

In fact, other types of this drink are absinthe and pastis and arak/raki...
ALL of them are consumed with water about in the following manner: one shot drink, five shots water...

Speaking of absinthe, it was especially popular once for it was cheaper than most other drinks...it was always consumed with water and sugar (because it didn't have any sugar inside...nowadays pastis does)...

Sometime because absinthe got banned meanwhile in some countries, some people invented a whole bunch of urban legends about this drink which resulted in some deep teens nowadays drinking absinthe without water and setting the sugar (and sometimes also the drink) on fire (WHY?!)...plus, thanks to the "popularity" and "deepness" of absinthe numerous drinks have appeared with the label of "absinthe" but with completely different contents (test...absinth turns opaque with water, fake ones don't)...they're mostly expensive as hell and also come with "colours", green absinth, black absinth, blue absinth...

I'll stick to pastis...it's usually the closest thing to genuine absinthe one can get nowadays (and not that expensive either)...
24.01.2010 - 23:34
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 24.01.2010 at 23:22

Btw, I didn't know that's a necessity to mix it with water.

In fact, other types of this drink are absinthe and pastis and arak/raki...
ALL of them are consumed with water about in the following manner: one shot drink, five shots water...

Speaking of absinthe, it was especially popular once for it was cheaper than most other drinks...it was always consumed with water and sugar (because it didn't have any sugar inside...nowadays pastis does)...

Sometime because absinthe got banned meanwhile in some countries, some people invented a whole bunch of urban legends about this drink which resulted in some deep teens nowadays drinking absinthe without water and setting the sugar (and sometimes also the drink) on fire (WHY?!)...plus, thanks to the "popularity" and "deepness" of absinthe numerous drinks have appeared with the label of "absinthe" but with completely different contents (test...absinth turns opaque with water, fake ones don't)...they're mostly expensive as hell and also come with "colours", green absinth, black absinth, blue absinth...

I'll stick to pastis...it's usually the closest thing to genuine absinthe one can get nowadays (and not that expensive either)...

and Raki has Fennel within thats why it becomes white as milk when u mix it with water. and it has a taste of Fennel when you drink.
24.01.2010 - 23:57
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 24.01.2010 at 23:34

and Raki has Fennel within thats why it becomes white as milk when u mix it with water. and it has a taste of Fennel when you drink.

Don't know...haven't tried raki...
Pastis has aniseed...so does absinthe and I also think arak has it...and the opaque luche effect occurs thanks to other natural components and herbal oils as well...
08.05.2010 - 00:04
JD
Account deleted
Am soooooooooo drunk and horney smirnov is awsome and about "raki" it's not raki hahahah it's "arak' for godsack hahah and yeah you should mix with water becouse u can't drink it without water
cheers alcoholic metalstormers
08.05.2010 - 00:10
JD
Account deleted
Sorry my mistake i was talking about arak the Eestern drink, but i never heard about raki am drunk anyway who cares
08.05.2010 - 20:52
Roro
... and thats why we should all stop drinking.
JD u look in total shit :p
08.05.2010 - 21:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
We shouldn't stop drinking...we just shouldn't post on MS if we're beyond a certain point of intoxication...
09.05.2010 - 11:50
Roro
If u are a drunk, Ms is the best place for u , except for u JD
19.08.2010 - 21:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What do you think about Aquavit?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit
I love it specely Norvegian ''Linien'' awesome taste, speceifical taste, it feels like its qures you from all , heheh realy love it
I drinking now swedish ''Herr Gårds''
also have tryd(SWEDISH): Skåne, Gammal Norlands, Läckö Slotts, but my fav is(bought 5 bottles) aprox SEK 1500 D.P. Anderson yeah awesome taste, but Norvegian ''Linien'' is the best
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.06.2011 - 05:29
wormdrink414
Elite
03.06.2011 - 17:35
ANGEL REAPER
I make my own slivovica.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.06.2011 - 17:44
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.06.2011 at 17:35

... and other hard liker.
03.06.2011 - 17:51
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Guest on 03.06.2011 at 17:44

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.06.2011 at 17:35

... and other hard liker.

no just slivovica....i know how to make a good slivovica out the worst plums out there....
also i have certain knowledges how to make Vodka and mead....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.06.2011 - 18:01
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.06.2011 at 17:51

no just slivovica....i know how to make a good slivovica out the worst plums out there....

Well you can distill pretty much anything to make alcohol.
People over here even make their own Jaegermeister. Bitter as hell, but cheaper than real thing.
03.06.2011 - 18:03
ANGEL REAPER
Quote:
Written by Guest on 03.06.2011 at 18:01

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 03.06.2011 at 17:51

Well you can distill pretty much anything to make alcohol.
People over here even make their own Jaegermeister. Bitter as hell, but cheaper than real thing.

i know i know ...just never tried to make something else than slivovica....
----
15.06.2011 - 04:52
JD
Account deleted
Written by Roro on 09.05.2010 at 11:50

I think am not alcoholic anymore, two months without drinking, that's something right? i used to drink 5/7, don't you miss drunk JD?
24.07.2011 - 20:28
Roro
Written by Guest on 15.06.2011 at 04:52

Written by Roro on 09.05.2010 at 11:50

I think am not alcoholic anymore, two months without drinking, that's something right? i used to drink 5/7, don't you miss drunk JD?

26.08.2011 - 00:12
JD
Account deleted

Did anyone drink this before?
27.08.2011 - 13:35
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.08.2011 at 00:12

Did anyone drink this before?

Schnapps from distilled fermented grapes? Of course I did.
15.10.2011 - 06:14
second_coming89
Account deleted
What are some great chasers for Gin besides Orange Juice?

Recommend please
07.11.2011 - 01:08
second_coming89
Account deleted
Last night I went to a bar downtown Nassau and had Canadian Whiskey for the first time. It was Canadian Club Whiskey, It blended so nicely with orange juice
I was impressed!

It's just Scotch I don't really like....
07.11.2011 - 01:23
brapp32
Has anyone tried crystal head vodka? I heard it's one of the better vodkas around. Just the bottle alone has me tempted to pick some up.
07.11.2011 - 10:58
arwestromen
A few ears ago when I was in germany I drank som weird beer mix....they called it bananaweisser I think, for what I remember it actually tasted quite good.....they also mixed cheap beer with pepsi anyone else who know what I'm talking about?
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
09.11.2011 - 02:35
Kitty
I'd just like to say that yesterday I've successfully brewed some Glühwein all by myself. :3
I'm really proud of the results - It's just as good as my grandmother used to make it.

----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
16.11.2011 - 21:41
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Who wants to play?

17.11.2011 - 01:59
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Kitty on 09.11.2011 at 02:35

I'd just like to say that yesterday I've successfully brewed some Glühwein all by myself. :3
I'm really proud of the results - It's just as good as my grandmother used to make it.

Looks good. In fact, I'd say that it's one of the best winter drinks there is. An interesting thing is that if you added Gabriel (a strong Estonian liqueur) to hibiscus tea with sugar, the result tasted exactly like Glühwein...
18.11.2011 - 02:33
Kitty
Written by Ernis on 17.11.2011 at 01:59

Looks good. In fact, I'd say that it's one of the best winter drinks there is. An interesting thing is that if you added Gabriel (a strong Estonian liqueur) to hibiscus tea with sugar, the result tasted exactly like Glühwein...

Never heard of the liqueur, don't think it's available in here... luckily Iv'e got Glühwein at least. This is the hardest winter we've had in years now. Although best medicine against the cold I believe to be vodka.
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
18.11.2011 - 02:34
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Kitty on 18.11.2011 at 02:33

Written by Ernis on 17.11.2011 at 01:59

Never heard of the liqueur, don't think it's available in here... luckily Iv'e got Glühwein at least. This is the hardest winter we've had in years now. Although best medicine against the cold I believe to be vodka.

rakia with some herbs in it...the best cure for cold...and damn delicious..
----