Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
16.12.2011 - 20:39
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
I'm actually not such a big fan of very heavily peated whiskies. Phenol count in this one is about 30 ppm and it's abit much for my nose. Even though all Islay malts are said to be rich in peat, I remember tasting Ardbeg 10 yo and Lagavulin 12 yo, as well as Bowmore 12 yo (I haven't tried Laphroaig yet) and they didn't have even a half of the peat that this Bruichladdich has.

@Marcel: I don't think Blasda is so peaty. Maybe you meant Corryvreckan or Uegadail?
17.12.2011 - 19:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 16.12.2011 at 20:39

I'm actually not such a big fan of very heavily peated whiskies. Phenol count in this one is about 30 ppm and it's abit much for my nose. Even though all Islay malts are said to be rich in peat, I remember tasting Ardbeg 10 yo and Lagavulin 12 yo, as well as Bowmore 12 yo (I haven't tried Laphroaig yet) and they didn't have even a half of the peat that this Bruichladdich has.

@Marcel: I don't think Blasda is so peaty. Maybe you meant Corryvreckan or Uegadail?

I like all I like bowmore single casket what was 60 years old 66% strong , specifical taste
I bought Talisker in Riga aiportr yesterday
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.12.2011 - 23:16
ANGEL REAPER
I burnt my vocal cords on my this years slivovitz ... god damn i made it with 70% alcohol...and drank entire glass at once...it soars god damn...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
18.12.2011 - 11:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.12.2011 at 23:16

I burnt my vocal cords on my this years slivovitz ... god damn i made it with 70% alcohol...and drank entire glass at once...it soars god damn...

You say it as if it's a fucking surprise.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
18.12.2011 - 11:49
ANGEL REAPER
Written by vezzy on 18.12.2011 at 11:04

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.12.2011 at 23:16

You say it as if it's a fucking surprise.

no its not surprise...but a mistake while drinking it...i took a large sip and than it for some reason start coughing ...it stuck in my throat and burned me a little ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
18.12.2011 - 15:00
Sophist
Bring that shit over to my dorm.
18.12.2011 - 16:28
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Sophist on 18.12.2011 at 15:00

Bring that shit over to my dorm.

no it stays with me..so you gonna have to pay me a little visit if you want a sip of it...
----
18.12.2011 - 21:20
Sophist
21.12.2011 - 06:22
Sweetou
Love southern comfort whiskey.
23.12.2011 - 19:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Daniell on 16.12.2011 at 20:39

you're right it isn't Ardberg Blasda that one is the least peatiest. I wonder what I am confusing it with. I mean the peatiest/smokiest whisky (Ardberg? i am now not even sure if it is from Ardberg)

currently on the bar at home

Ardberg Blasda
Lagavulin 15
Caol Ila 15
Bowmore 15
Bowmore 18
Laphroaig Quarter Cask
Laphroaig Triple Wood

I think that should get me through Christmas and New Year's Eve
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2011 - 19:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Wowzers. awesome stash.

Lagavulin 15 is great stuff, haven't tried that Ardbeg yet... but do love what i have sampled from them.

Bowmore is ok. liked the 18, it is smooth, but too smooth. prefer a smokey peaty bite to my scotch.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.12.2011 - 20:44
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by BitterCOld on 23.12.2011 at 19:39

Bowmore is ok. liked the 18, it is smooth, but too smooth. prefer a smokey peaty bite to my scotch.

Come and taste some of my Bruichladdich, you'll love it

@Marcel: Islay all the way I see I'm still not advanced enough to enjoy some of Islay peat monters it seems

Currently at my end of year survival shelf:

Glenmorangie is awesome, the best from that distillery that I know. Bushmills comes a little short on complexity, and Bunnahabhain is pleasantly peaty, but not too much.
Getting some Laphroaig and Glenfarclas after Christmas.
23.12.2011 - 20:50
Beer Fairy
Surprise - my favourite alcohol is beer! Haha And I really love red rum! Especially when it's cold! I drink it with tea.
23.12.2011 - 21:38
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Marcel, maybe the peat monster you meant was Octomore? This one goes up to phenol content of 150 ppm!
23.12.2011 - 23:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Bunnahabhain? "westering home!"

i named a character after that in an online game i play... all my amigos made fun of me and called me 'bunnyman'
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.12.2011 - 00:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 23.12.2011 at 19:39

Wowzers. awesome stash.

Lagavulin 15 is great stuff, haven't tried that Ardbeg yet... but do love what i have sampled from them.

Single malt Bowmore is ok, but it was hold in single casket 60 years I cant get any simmilar, cant get simmilar taste, it was awesome taste

Daniel - good pics, maybe one day I will try those
----

apos;'
[image]
24.12.2011 - 00:02
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by BitterCOld on 23.12.2011 at 23:16

Bunnahabhain? "westering home!"

i named a character after that in an online game i play... all my amigos made fun of me and called me 'bunnyman'

It's pronounced boona-HAAven, but who outside Scotland would know that
24.12.2011 - 00:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 06.12.2011 at 19:54

Some bastards bought out my Lagavulin, so I decided to try out a blend for a change:

And a damn good blend it is, made of Islay malts. Possibly the best blend I've tried along with Johnnie Walker Black.

Also good whisky, but its not possible buy it when I was living in Lv we have it but generaly I was who bought it, pretty good for blandet whisky
Agree bets blendet whisky
----

apos;'
[image]
24.12.2011 - 00:08
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Bad English on 24.12.2011 at 00:03

Also good whisky, but its not possible buy it when I was living in Lv we have it but generaly I was who bought it, pretty good for blandet whisky

I think there are 3 brilliant blends around (only out of those I've tried of course): Black Bottle, Johnnie Walker Black and Bushmills Black Bush.
24.12.2011 - 00:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 24.12.2011 at 00:08

Written by Bad English on 24.12.2011 at 00:03

I think there are 3 brilliant blends around (only out of those I've tried of course): Black Bottle, Johnnie Walker Black and Bushmills Black Bush.

I dont like blamdet only Black Bottle , never have tryd last one but JP red n black no its ot for me, blue is way to expenice for me, I stick whit malt
----

apos;'
[image]
24.12.2011 - 12:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Daniell on 23.12.2011 at 21:38

Marcel, maybe the peat monster you meant was Octomore? This one goes up to phenol content of 150 ppm!

thank you, that's the one I meant. Still can't remember which distillery makes it.

Btw the Blasda only has a phenol content of 8 ppm. So that should be something right up your alley. Very mild and pleasant with a note of vanilla.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.12.2011 - 12:46
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.12.2011 at 12:13

thank you, that's the one I meant. Still can't remember which distillery makes it.

The Bruichladdich distillery produces whiskies under 3 names: Bruichladdich, Port Charlotte, Octomore. So your Octomore is actually Bruichladdich And, incidentally, the Bruichladdich Peat we talked about a few posts up contains those 3 whiskies. A blend of 3 single malts technically should be called "pure malt" or "vatted malt", but since all single malts that go into Bruichladdich Peat are from the same distillery, the whisky can still be called single malt. Without age statement though
26.12.2011 - 23:41
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I was at my Uncle's house for Xmas lunch yesterday and tried some of this:

I mixed it with Cranberry Juice. Cranberry + Scotch = CROTCH
13.01.2012 - 21:49
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Since nothing better (and unknown to me so far) was available at my store, I got

Quite fresh and highly redolent of oak, but disappointing overall.
13.01.2012 - 21:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I have Daniel beat. This is what I'm drinking right now. A wonderful, 2011 original dry cider. Wonderful bouquet, with a hint of nutmeg and orange plastic bags.

13.01.2012 - 22:03
Thyroid
I'm having now this (these). Crap, but they were on sale. Karhu and Olvi are much more better. Export beers are kinda expensive around here, otherwise I could enjoy Tuborg and some czech beers more often.
----
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt.
What the fuck's really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?
20.01.2012 - 20:19
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
My latest purchase. Woah! This is an intense, smoky monster. Never before have I tasted a whisky with such a complex taste. Brilliant!

02.02.2012 - 16:51
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
I got drunk some days ago. I started screaming black metal stuff in the streets (and I don't know any lyrics for satyricon), my friends with me, drunk, also began to sing metal songs. Everyone was staring at us, but whatever, I was happy! When I arrived at house, my father thought that I was in drugs! I started laughing at him, then he hit me, and I began to laugh even more when he started hitting me... I can't drink, I get too crazy.
23.02.2012 - 05:35
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.02.2012 at 16:51

I got drunk some days ago. I started screaming black metal stuff in the streets (and I don't know any lyrics for satyricon), my friends with me, drunk, also began to sing metal songs. Everyone was staring at us, but whatever, I was happy! When I arrived at house, my father thought that I was in drugs! I started laughing at him, then he hit me, and I began to laugh even more when he started hitting me... I can't drink, I get too crazy.

Really? gutteral voice and everything? wow, that must've been awesome to watch
what all did you have?
23.02.2012 - 19:22
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 05:35

Really? gutteral voice and everything? wow, that must've been awesome to watch
what all did you have?

It was, if you laugh with drunk peoples acting like crazy.

What all did you have?? Sorry, I am too slow to undertsnad, but if you mean what have I drank, it was Vodka, Wine and after some weird alcohol with the taste of peanuts, but I can't recall what it was.