Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by , 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
03.03.2012 - 05:57
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 19:22

Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 05:35

Really? gutteral voice and everything? wow, that must've been awesome to watch
what all did you have?

It was, if you laugh with drunk peoples acting like crazy.

What all did you have?? Sorry, I am too slow to undertsnad, but if you mean what have I drank, it was Vodka, Wine and after some weird alcohol with the taste of peanuts, but I can't recall what it was.

in that order? you must've been really fucking sick the next morning.

and it just dawned on me that you're 16.......way to risk police harrassment, haha.

04.03.2012 - 17:39
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.03.2012 at 05:57

Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 19:22

Written by Guest on 23.02.2012 at 05:35

Really? gutteral voice and everything? wow, that must've been awesome to watch
what all did you have?

It was, if you laugh with drunk peoples acting like crazy.

What all did you have?? Sorry, I am too slow to undertsnad, but if you mean what have I drank, it was Vodka, Wine and after some weird alcohol with the taste of peanuts, but I can't recall what it was.

in that order? you must've been really fucking sick the next morning.

and it just dawned on me that you're 16.......way to risk police harrassment, haha.

But of course I slept the whole day...

And about the fact that I am 16, well... It's still illegal to drink with this age, here in Brazil. But the people contribute with that. The owners of local bars sells alcohol for anyone who has money to pay, doesn't matter the age. And alcohol here is cheap, like Cachaça or the traditional "caipirinha". That way, we always get drunk!
04.03.2012 - 17:56
theFIST

Written by Guest on 02.02.2012 at 16:51

I got drunk some days ago. I started screaming black metal stuff in the streets (and I don't know any lyrics for satyricon), my friends with me, drunk, also began to sing metal songs. Everyone was staring at us, but whatever, I was happy!

after bar visits i sometimes sing death metal songs in the bus home
gets some surprised looks too
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
04.03.2012 - 18:17
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 04.03.2012 at 17:56

I got drunk some days ago. I started screaming black metal stuff in the streets (and I don't know any lyrics for satyricon), my friends with me, drunk, also began to sing metal songs. Everyone was staring at us, but whatever, I was happy!

The funny thing is: I like when the others stare at me sing... I mean, screaming, black metal.
Try to sing "Hammer Smashed Face" next time, if you remember. You will give a big surprise in everyone.
04.03.2012 - 18:39
theFIST

Written by Guest on 04.03.2012 at 18:17

The funny thing is: I like when the others stare at me sing... I mean, screaming, black metal.
Try to sing "Hammer Smashed Face" next time, if you remember. You will give a big surprise in everyone.

mostly i sing (well, growl) Amon Amarth or Kataklysm, i think it"s an easy speed and although i"m probably not that understandable i still like to understand their lyrics (through headphones though, otherwise it"d probably unnerve them so much they"d throw me out ) while singing along
anyways, thanks for the tip
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
04.03.2012 - 18:49
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 04.03.2012 at 18:39

mostly i sing (well, growl) Amon Amarth or Kataklysm, i think it"s an easy speed and although i"m probably not that understandable i still like to understand their lyrics (through headphones though, otherwise it"d probably unnerve them so much they"d throw me out ) while singing along
anyways, thanks for the tip

05.03.2012 - 02:22
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This thread is hilarious
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.03.2012 - 14:23
Daniell
_爱情_

I read somewhere that too much alcohol turns people into what they used to be - apes. You guys kind of prove that point
Next time try to make yourself happy without inflicting your happiness on others
05.03.2012 - 14:57
theFIST

Written by Daniell on 05.03.2012 at 14:23

I read somewhere that too much alcohol turns people into what they used to be - apes. You guys kind of prove that point
Next time try to make yourself happy without inflicting your happiness on others

we still are apes
and i think i have the freedom to be happy my way as long as i don"t harm anyone
----
05.03.2012 - 15:27
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by theFIST on 05.03.2012 at 14:57

we still are apes
and i think i have the freedom to be happy my way as long as i don"t harm anyone

or disturb their peace
05.03.2012 - 15:51
theFIST

Written by Daniell on 05.03.2012 at 15:27

Written by theFIST on 05.03.2012 at 14:57

we still are apes

or disturb their peace

why is disturbing someone"s peace, as long as that person is awake as well, in any way harmful?
does that mean sound emerging from cars, through open bar doors or from talking should be banned?
----
05.03.2012 - 16:12
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by theFIST on 05.03.2012 at 15:51

why is disturbing someone"s peace, as long as that person is awake as well, in any way harmful?
does that mean sound emerging from cars, through open bar doors or from talking should be banned?

If I were sitting on a bus and a drunk dude started growling something, I'd feel uneasy if not downright scared. How would I know (assuming I had no idea about extreme metal) that he was only singing? Believe it or not, but extreme vocals sound aggressive and menacing to people not acquainted with them.
05.03.2012 - 16:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 05.03.2012 at 16:12

If I were sitting on a bus and a drunk dude started growling something, I'd feel uneasy if not downright scared. How would I know (assuming I had no idea about extreme metal) that he was only singing? Believe it or not, but extreme vocals sound aggressive and menacing to people not acquainted with them.

I think people would find you weird but not necessarily threatening. Boisterous and aggressive behaviour (like overt bad language, physical movement) is far more threatening because people have associations with it. People are good at detecting body language and intentions and I think a group of people growling at each other wouldn't necessarily be interpreted in the same way as a group of chavs loudly swearing at each other. To be honest though I think almost anyone who's on their own and sober will be intimidated by groups of drunk people, regardless of their behaviour.
05.03.2012 - 19:15
theFIST

Written by Daniell on 05.03.2012 at 16:12

Written by theFIST on 05.03.2012 at 15:51

the fact of that drunk holding a phone connected to headphones might be a clue
----
08.03.2012 - 13:30
vezzy
Stallmanite
What is it with drunkards and emoticons?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.03.2012 - 22:55
Black Winter

I'm a big beer fan, I kind of have no choice because all other alcoholic drinks sold in my country are just no good, vodka,whisky,pastis they make me sick, and the imported ones are too fucking expensive (80 euros the Jack Daniel's), and our national beer 'Celtia' happens to be delicious.

I also sometimes enjoy some local Muscat white wines.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
25.03.2012 - 14:47
whatsacow

I'm a uni student, so its cheap wine for me... 10 bucks for 30 standard drinks. Win.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
07.04.2012 - 21:34
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
......so fucking hungover

haven't felt like this since new years.
07.04.2012 - 21:56
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Black Winter on 20.03.2012 at 22:55

(80 euros the Jack Daniel's)

It struck me like a lightning... 80 bloody euros? That could be roughly the amount to buy the foodstuff of an entire month! How can something cost so effin much?! Especially a darn whisky!

No... I'm happy with my local Müller Thurgau here. One of the best white wines out there. I also adore Vernaccia di San Gimignano and Grecanico of Sicily. A while ago I had some Vermentino of Sardinia which was very good and fresh. White wines like these are especially wonderful if you're having some seafood. I've also discovered that white wine, such as the ones I mentioned above, can be indescribably good with some white ice cream... And since I made a ricotta tart today, it's gonna be all Müller Thurgau and ricotta cake! These things go together so well!
08.04.2012 - 18:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ernis on 07.04.2012 at 21:56

It struck me like a lightning... 80 bloody euros? That could be roughly the amount to buy the foodstuff of an entire month! How can something cost so effin much?! Especially a darn whisky!

the guy lives in Tunisia so in all likelihood alcohol is severely taxed there, just like in Malaysia.

As for whiskies... Jack Daniels is the cheap stuff. There are loads of whiskies that cost over 50 euro a bottle. The classier better and more exclusive whiskies can go up to hundreds of euros per bottle.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.04.2012 - 19:26
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Beers and whiskeys are ok but I don't like them that much,I rather Red or white wine Vodka and Absinthe.Never tried Tequilla which I would love, my other wish of drinks is Bloody Mary I've read about it on internet but never drank that, but can anybody tell me that how Bloody Mary tastes and what situations it fits into I mean do they serve it with food or do they serve it in hot weather or cold weather ?
and about that dude talked of his singing in streets while he was drunk, It's a bit fearing to walk in a place that some drunk guys are kinda singing whether it is harsh vocals or some nice clean melodies,I don't think it's metal to make ppl feared of our drunkness.This is just my personal idea dude
08.04.2012 - 19:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2012 at 18:52

the guy lives in Tunisia so in all likelihood alcohol is severely taxed there, just like in Malaysia.

As for whiskies... Jack Daniels is the cheap stuff. There are loads of whiskies that cost over 50 euro a bottle. The classier better and more exclusive whiskies can go up to hundreds of euros per bottle.

Yes, the booze is indeed severely taxed in islamic countries and also in countries that don't have significant alcohol production. Speaking of ridiculously expensive booze, I've seen some brandy/cognac bottles with prices that had five digits... The bottles looked all fancy but I'm relatively perplexed because I can't find any reason why anyone would consider paying such an enormous amount of money for a bottle of booze.

Haven't seen it myself but my bro told me about a documentary which brought to daylight some dirty secrets of the vodka industry in Russia. Namely, the same product was bottled under different labels. The price depended on the label and the irony was that whereas the price varied from ridiculously cheap to impossibly expensive, the contents of the bottle remained the same.
08.04.2012 - 23:27
Black Winter

Written by Ernis on 07.04.2012 at 21:56

Written by Black Winter on 20.03.2012 at 22:55

(80 euros the Jack Daniel's)

yes the taxes on imported marks are incredebly high while the local marks are pure shit, the only hope we have is either black market (which is still expensive but 1/4 the price of usual markets) or whenever a friend is returning from abroad they bring some bottles from the duty free shop.but that only goes on for strong drinks while for beers for example heineken costs almost the same as a local beer
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
09.04.2012 - 01:54
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Black Winter on 08.04.2012 at 23:27

yes the taxes on imported marks are incredebly high while the local marks are pure shit, the only hope we have is either black market (which is still expensive but 1/4 the price of usual markets) or whenever a friend is returning from abroad they bring some bottles from the duty free shop.but that only goes on for strong drinks while for beers for example heineken costs almost the same as a local beer

Yes, it's understandable. For example in Estonia wine prices start from roughly 6 euros. Unless you're willing to have some wine of poor quality, you have to pay more than 10 euros. In Italy, on the other hand, you get a good wine for 2 euros or even less... it's natural because Italy is a major wine producing country. Then again, alcohol costs less in Italy anyway because it isn't taxed as heavily as in Estonia...
09.04.2012 - 05:47
Branzig

Moral of the story, I am glad I live where I live!

Because I love mid to high dollar Bourbons, whiskeys, and scotchs!

Not to mention all the micro-brews I ingest lol.
----
In Grind We Crust
10.04.2012 - 15:23
Nosfer

Oh Alcohol. How sweet it can be. Especially if you're from Belgium like I am. Too bad that I went a bit too far so I had to quit it 100%.

But it still has all my respect. As long as you can drink alcohol in a normal social way it's awesome.

Used to make my own beer. And, might I add, it was fucking tasty shit!
13.05.2012 - 00:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Been a good weekend so far...
13.05.2012 - 02:57
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Introspekrieg on 13.05.2012 at 00:29

Been a good weekend so far...

Dude you drink Duvel !!! I fucking love you... Gosh I love beer and Micro Brewerys (if thats how you call them in english)
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.05.2012 - 07:03
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
^^ Duvel is the shit! I haven't had it since Summer 2008, when I was in Greece, but to me it's still the best beer I've had (Duvel Red).

Wow....I haven't been this tipsy/drunk in a while, it was at a church function, honoring my grandmother that I drank
I feel semi-black metal, lol.
14.05.2012 - 07:22
Hylia

I recently just tried James Ready 6.0 (any canadians will know what brand this is) and also an Icelandic beer called Skjalfti. Since I cant afford a trip to Iceland, beer is the closet i'll get to going.