Metal Storm logo
Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.06.2008 - 23:46
This is the new alcohol thread...discuss your favorite alcohol beverages...
02.09.2016 - 03:33
no one
Account deleted
Ok.....Why are low alcohol and no alcohol beverages still taxed the same (or more than) full alcohol beverages?
03.09.2016 - 21:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 02.09.2016 at 03:33

Ok.....Why are low alcohol and no alcohol beverages still taxed the same (or more than) full alcohol beverages?

because you're not in EU lol
stupid is in Swe non alcoholic booze as beer, wine you buy in a damn booze store
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.09.2016 - 02:30
no one
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 03.09.2016 at 21:20

stupid is in Swe non alcoholic booze as beer, wine you buy in a damn booze store

So non alcoholic or low alcohol beer is cheaper in EU?
04.09.2016 - 02:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.09.2016 at 02:30

Written by Bad English on 03.09.2016 at 21:20

So non alcoholic or low alcohol beer is cheaper in EU?

EU is not country , and yes its, all is about % and táxes
----

apos;'
[image]
04.09.2016 - 02:37
no one
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 04.09.2016 at 02:32

so non alcoholic beer and low alcohol beer gets taxed less?
04.09.2016 - 02:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.09.2016 at 02:37

Written by Bad English on 04.09.2016 at 02:32

so non alcoholic beer and low alcohol beer gets taxed less?

in Swe yes
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2016 - 00:18
I am not a big drinker myself, but, once in awhile I might have a beer or a screwdriver...I'd really rather spend my money $$$ elsewhere than on alcohol...Had a couple drunks in my family, so, I am careful if I drink anything...:suicide:
14.10.2016 - 21:18
Haddock666
I've been drinking once a week (sometimes more) about 10 years now. I have little problem with it, I've been trying to stop drinking strong booze and done some progress. Sometimes I use ''other products'' so I can be without alcohol.
18.11.2016 - 18:11
Haddock666
I was just without alcohol about 3 weeks, I was able to do it because I had ''other products''. Now I've been also without alcohol this week.
20.12.2016 - 00:50
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Ahhhh damn I miss drinking. I went from drinking a few bottles of craft beer and a bottle of whiskey a day to not drinking at all. Completely stopped drinking. Fuck I need a beer. It's been 5 months now.
20.12.2016 - 11:04
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.12.2016 at 00:50

Ahhhh damn I miss drinking. I went from drinking a few bottles of craft beer and a bottle of whiskey a day to not drinking at all. Completely stopped drinking. Fuck I need a beer. It's been 5 months now.

Try 5 years
21.12.2016 - 05:02
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.12.2016 at 11:04

Written by Guest on 20.12.2016 at 00:50

Try 5 years

Good job.

I just came to the realization that booze just isn't for me anymore.
29.08.2017 - 07:19
Drippy.Hippie
Any fans of hard cider?

The best I've had is Strongbow.....but that brand is extremely scarce or hard to come by where I live, so the next best thing for me is Angry Orchard.

Hard Cider is awesome, it's Epicurean as fuck
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
29.08.2017 - 11:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Drippy.Hippie on 29.08.2017 at 07:19

Any fans of hard cider?

The best I've had is Strongbow.....but that brand is extremely scarce or hard to come by where I live, so the next best thing for me is Angry Orchard.

Hard Cider is awesome, it's Epicurean as fuck

Strongbow is one of the worst ciders I have had. Way way way too sweet. Some vastly superior ciders are ciders by Weston's Cloudy Scrumpy, Henney's, Worley's, Hallets, Shakey Bridge, Gwynt Y Ddraig, Orchard Pig, Sanford Orchards,.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.09.2017 - 18:50
JasonR
A bottle of Vodka give me much enjoyment. I really like this brand.
29.10.2017 - 07:16
Drippy.Hippie
I went to a Wine & Art Festival today. I'm not much of a white wine drinker, but after a drunk person recommended this one to me, I sampled it

It's heavenly.

----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
29.10.2017 - 15:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
One NZ wine was best I had drunk, I don't remember name, but it was awesome, stands out as old countries wine and any other
----

apos;'
[image]
26.02.2018 - 01:42
Drippy.Hippie
Right now I'm experimenting with a certain cocktail, Angry Orchard mixed with Jägermeister. It turned out great. I call it the "Angry German"
----
05.03.2018 - 06:22
Kennoth
I just take a shit plastic 2l bottle of cheap red wine and call it a day.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
07.06.2018 - 06:30
Drippy.Hippie
So, as I mentioned in The Pub thread, this past weekend I was in Long Island, Bahamas as a guest in my Grandparents' summer beach house. As I was passing the time awaiting my flight back home, I did some drinking ('pre-gaming' to be exact) because the airport in Long Island is primitive as fuck, no TSA (which is actually awesome), no bar, no food......So, apart from the many craft beers which I smuggled back in my carry on luggage, there were no more cold ones left in the fridge......So I saw this unfamiliar French Wine layng there, 3/4 full (which my Uncle had left behind when he was last at the beach house)......So I decided to kill it. How dry it was gave me goosebumps! Unholy shit, perfect for a hot summer afternoon. This be the one:

----
30.10.2019 - 08:52
Cass
I bought 4l of pure alcohol (95%), it's time to preapre some autumn tinctures
30.10.2019 - 09:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Cass on 30.10.2019 at 08:52

I bought 4l of pure alcohol (95%), it's time to preapre some autumn tinctures

Sounds like a fun weekend
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.10.2019 - 09:13
Cass
At weekend I will work with wine, 20 litres
09.01.2020 - 15:22
morskavila
Is it too horrible to say I'm more of a vodka fan? I just don't like fizzy stuff like cider or beer, and wine causes headaches in my case Ironically, vodka doesn't. Though, it's not so easy to find a good one. I've heard Khor is the best ukraine vodka, like, you know, this is where it came from? Or is it Russia? Whatever.
16.01.2020 - 11:45
Ball Fondlers
It takes me quite a while to finish a bottle of whisky, but I usually have two bottles on the run. A peated and a non-peated one. At the moment I'm still going on a bottle of Bowmore's 12yo and just finished a bottle of Slyrs, which is a German whisky. It was ok, but not worth the price tag. It would just be expensive because it's rare.

Next up for a non-peated whisky I was thinking of looking at a Japanese one, but not really sure if it's worth it. There's one in the local Supermarket for over 100?, and I'm not going to pay that... but I'm wondering if anybody knows of a good moderate priced japanese whisky that's worth it. Anybody had any experience?

Otherwise I might go back to an Irish whiskey for a change
03.02.2020 - 10:59
Ball Fondlers
I gave up on buying a japanese whisky. I'll wait until I hear of one that is a must buy.
Instead I bought:
- Another Bowmore 12. I really can't recommend this one enough. Especially if you don't like your peat overpowering. It's just so affordable and good.
- The Bowmore came with 2x 50ml bottles with it.
* 15yo sherry cask finish. Pretty good, very smokey, but not nice enough to buy a full bottle.
* Bowmore No1. Really similar to the 12 from what I can tell
- Monkey Shoulder. Scotch Spey Side blended whiskey. Pretty damn good for 22 �. No peat, like most spey side
- Jameson for making irish coffee and hot toddies (I also ran out of my last bottle for mixing)
- A sample pack of Kilbeggen (Irish). 4x 50ml bottles. Not really that nice except for the peated one called Connemara
- Michter's Rye (USA). This is an experiement for me. I've never had a Rye before, so I'll see. I ordered online and it'll arrive soon I hope.
03.02.2020 - 15:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ball Fondlers on 03.02.2020 at 10:59

I gave up on buying a japanese whisky. I'll wait until I hear of one that is a must buy.
Instead I bought:
- Another Bowmore 12. I really can't recommend this one enough. Especially if you don't like your peat overpowering. It's just so affordable and good.
- The Bowmore came with 2x 50ml bottles with it. The
- 15yo sherry cask finish. Pretty good, very smokey, but not nice enough to buy a full bottle.
- Bowmore No1. Really similar to the 12 from what I can tell
- Monkey Shoulder. Scotch Spey Side blended whiskey. Pretty damn good for 22 �. No peat, like most spey side
- Jameson for making irish coffee and hot toddies (I also ran out of my last bottle for mixing)
- A sample pack of Kilbeggen (Irish). 4x 50ml bottles. Not really that nice except for the peated one called Connemara
- Michter's Rye (USA). This is an experiement for me. I've never had a Rye before, so I'll see. I ordered online and it'll arrive soon I hope.

I had 60 years old bowmire once
----

apos;'
[image]
03.02.2020 - 15:20
Ball Fondlers
Written by Bad English on 03.02.2020 at 15:15

lol. Did they forget to bottle it? That's a seriously long time for something to stay in a barrel. What was it like?
03.02.2020 - 16:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ball Fondlers on 03.02.2020 at 15:20

Written by Bad English on 03.02.2020 at 15:15

lol. Did they forget to bottle it? That's a seriously long time for something to stay in a barrel. What was it like?

Expencive, smokey taste 66 percent strong, good after taste, smell. I had drunk camys cognac from 1955 once
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2020 - 21:00
Drippy.Hippie
So in light of the 24 hour curfew because of the COVID-19 Virus, liquor stores are not deemed "essential" by our government :

To make matters worse, the curfew commenced on a Friday, plus, it's now extended until April 30th. I'm allowed from out of the house and have a written exemption as an "Essential Worker" because I work for the #1 Pharmaceutical Company in the country......but I now only work on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Anyway, so, since the liquor stores and bars are closed, certain brewing companies passed out flyers via social media, saying that they would deliver cases of alcoholic beverages to your house, but it has to be a minimum $200 order.......apparently, they got fucking shut down! Which is stupid to me! The pizza places are still open and delivering, why can't liquor stores deliver their products! I feel like punching a police officer in the fucking face This annual festival I go to, I always see the same two police officers on duty, I always sneak them a beer.........but this time around, if they come around me asking me to hook them up with a drink, I'll be telling them to get fucked!! They have me rationing my alcohol, at least though, I have a few cases of wine in the garage, which is more than most Bahamians right now.

The Prime Minister is even more to blame, I don't regret voting him in last election, but the upcoming general election......I'm not gonna even register to vote. They can all suck my balls!
----