Metal Storm logo
Brutal Truth - Announce Reunion Show In Chicago

Influential extreme metallers Brutal Truth have scheduled a reunion show on September 3 at the Double Door in Chicago, IL as part of the second annual Electric City Rockfest. Also appearing on the bill are Pig Destroyer. More information is available at www.doubledoor.com.

With regards to how the reunion came about, Brutal Truth bassist Danny Lilker (also of Nuclear Assault and Anthrax fame) recently wrote in his regular column in the U.K.'s Zero Tolerance magazine, "A couple of members of the classic New Orleans sludgecore band EyeHateGod lost everything they owned as well as their homes in the hurricane. The band has reached out to the scene and asked if there was any way that some bands could cover EHG songs for a benefit album to help these guys get back on their feet again. They also made a special request to see if there was any way in hell that Brutal Truth, who've been disbanded since 1998, could somehow reunite to contribute a song, since that would certainly provoke some extra interest in the album.

"So, for a damn good reason, Brutal Truth has recorded a version of the EHG song 'Sister Fucker'. The original song appears on the 'Take As Needed For Pain' album and is split into two parts, which we recorded as one long song. It was just a matter of Gurn [guitarist Brent McCarthy] and Rich [Hoak, drums] coming up here to Rochester where our friends in Sulaco graciously consented to letting us borrow their jam room for the purpose of learning, rehearsing and recording the song. A friend of Rich's came up with him and recorded it, it was then sent to Kevin [Sharp, vocals] out in Chicago where he tracked his vocals and mixed it, and it will soon appear on the album that will be released on Emetic Records. And in case you're wondering, yes, it's faster than the original!

"Now, I suppose by now some of you might be saying, 'Well? Is that it? You guys planning any shows?' Well, since we all live in different cities now, and we went to the trouble to get together to learn a fairly easy song, we kinda shrugged and said 'Let's see if we can play any of our shit!' Weed was smoked. And it appears that we still have that chemistry that made us what we were, so although there are no confirmed shows at the moment [as of mid-May], I will say that it is certainly in the realm of possibility that there will be at least one live show, and what happens then remains to be seen."

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Brutal Truth
Event: Brutal Truth Reunion Show + Pig Destroyer
Posted: 22.06.2006 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 0 users
22.06.2006 - 16:19
danzig111
Account deleted
Aren't they like, Pro-Gay?
22.06.2006 - 16:59
Promonex
Cathemeral
Isn't that like, totally irrelevant?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.06.2006 - 17:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
lol. Promonex pwns.

I hope we don't have another thousand of these 'They did it all for the money, I'm going to throw all my stuff of them away' whiners..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.06.2006 - 21:39
danzig111
Account deleted
@Promonex: no cuz i don't know much about the band, i must confess.....but i heard that somewhere you see.
23.06.2006 - 11:04
Shadowthrone

I like this very much
23.06.2006 - 12:27
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
The best part about all of this is that it's taking place in my hometown!! Tickets are only $15 and I think that's a great steal. Especially considering Pig Destroyer will be there too. I've always been a pretty big fan of Danny Lilker's work and this band really isn't any exception. I hope to see some people out at the show.

Hits total: 2924 | This month: 19