Metal Storm logo
Photos

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 11.08.2008 - 17:18
Ok, we are in full swing of summer now - over here we are anyway. So lets see some nice pictures you have taken!

Note: pictures posted into this thread directly will be scaled down to 500 pixels wide. If you use firefox, right click on an image and click "view image" to see it's original size.
04.01.2015 - 22:38
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 04.01.2015 at 21:53

I said in the coming days you fukwit .

I fear they might not look as cool as yours though. They're a bunch of close ups of textures that are supposed to create a claustrophobic feeling, so reducing them to a tiny size kinda betrays the purpose. I originally exhibited them in 100x76 cm format. But I will upload them

It has been days, i have checking this thread even when i wake up in my sleep to see if you have posted, i have left the photo thread open in the day constantly refreshing the page, just waiting, hoping.

Seriously though, the photos being displayed in that tiny size does take away a lot the wow factor, though i a'm happy to get a wow from mary....thanks mary.

The way you said you "exhibited" your photo's makes them sound very professional.
04.01.2015 - 22:42
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 04.01.2015 at 22:38

It has been days, i have checking this thread even when i wake up in my sleep to see if you have posted, i have left the photo thread open in the day constantly refreshing the page, just waiting, hoping.

Seriously though, the photos being displayed in that tiny size does take away a lot the wow factor, though i a'm happy to get a wow from mary....thanks mary.

The way you said you "exhibited" your photo's makes them sound very professional.

That sounds a lot like what K7 would do.

Yeah they're cool, really .

If exhibiting in the hall of an architecture school is professional to you, then I am hahaha. Nah, but still, I was the only one who had the chance .
05.01.2015 - 00:03
no one
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 04.01.2015 at 22:42

If exhibiting in the hall of an architecture school is professional to you, then I am hahaha.

I have a hippy brother in law doing some kind of art degree. It was photography last term and his photo's were terrible, though he thinks they are really good. He has put them on exhibit being compulsory, but even blew them up real big, framed them and gave them as xmas gifts. So yeah i suppose being proud enough to put your photos on exhibit can mean anything.
05.01.2015 - 00:10
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 05.01.2015 at 00:03

I have a hippy brother in law doing some kind of art degree. It was photography last term and his photo's were terrible, though he thinks they are really good. He has put them on exhibit being compulsory, but even blew them up real big, framed them and gave them as xmas gifts. So yeah i suppose being proud enough to put your photos on exhibit can mean anything.

It's like graphic design now, download photoshop - call yourself a designer. Buy the camera and call yourself a photographer. I have zero pretention about my pictures, they were made in a particular context (a conference by an urbanist, talking about the unhygienic (no light, no air, no green, not just waste etc) cities we live in). I could dare to say that series is interesting because it answers the topic rather well and didn't look "bad" for a student project, which is why it was chosen. Later on I had a photography course at design school, so as to be able to operate in a studio, take pictures of models, products etc, ourselves and not depend on a photographer. And still hat doesn't make me one from a long shot.
05.01.2015 - 00:39
mz

Written by Guest on 04.01.2015 at 19:46

Seems Ilham lied to us and never posted her urban pics, here's some evening pics

photos

Fuck. They are super cool
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
05.01.2015 - 01:57
no one
Account deleted
Written by mz on 05.01.2015 at 00:39

Fuck. They are super cool

cheers
05.01.2015 - 02:14
Vombatus
Potorro
Your pics are great no one, that last serie reminded me of Drudkh's Forgotten Legends cover.
05.01.2015 - 07:00
no one
Account deleted
Written by Vombatus on 05.01.2015 at 02:14

that last serie reminded me of Drudkh's Forgotten Legends cover.

your the second person who has said that

actually i lie, they said it reminded them of a drudkh song
07.01.2015 - 03:53
Mercyful_Kate

No one, your photos are gorgeous! You obviously live in a beautiful place, but you definitely have skill and a good eye.
07.01.2015 - 05:03
no one
Account deleted
Thanks....now my heads starting to swell
09.01.2015 - 22:21
no one
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.01.2015 at 16:19

NZ is really one of the more beautiful places in the world. It's up there with Oregon and the like.

you've been?

i don't really live where it is the most beautiful, i went to the south island a couple months ago and it blew my mind. The pics didn't come out well or justify the vibe, but it was amazing. Made me want to go and visit all the alps in the world.
04.05.2015 - 09:57
no one
Account deleted

07.05.2015 - 15:59
mz

^ some good atmo black covers here.
----
07.05.2015 - 18:50
Paz

Awesome. Ge me moar trees!
07.05.2015 - 21:35
no one
Account deleted
Cheers, i have lots of trees, might post them later.
11.05.2015 - 03:19
mz

Written by Ilham on 04.01.2015 at 21:53

I said in the coming days you fukwit .

so?
----
11.05.2015 - 03:21
mz

Written by Guest on 07.05.2015 at 21:35

Cheers, i have lots of trees, might post them later.

Seriously man, your pics are too good to be shared with shitty MS users. Get a fb page or something.
----
11.05.2015 - 09:06
no one
Account deleted
Written by mz on 11.05.2015 at 03:21

Seriously man, your pics are too good to be shared with shitty MS users. Get a fb page or something.

You think special facebook people might be more interested? i was thinking of starting one of those instagram things, don't really know much about it.
18.05.2015 - 17:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 11.05.2015 at 09:06

Written by mz on 11.05.2015 at 03:21

You think special facebook people might be more interested? i was thinking of starting one of those instagram things, don't really know much about it.

Those forest pictures taken on the North Island?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2015 - 21:14
no one
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.05.2015 at 17:36

Those forest pictures taken on the North Island?

Yeah, about a ten minute drive from home.
10.06.2015 - 10:37
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by Guest on 11.05.2015 at 09:06

i was thinking of starting one of those instagram things...

Did you end up doing so? Those pictures are entrancing. Looks a wonderful place for a mushroom trip.
10.06.2015 - 11:03
no one
Account deleted
Written by Timmeh on 10.06.2015 at 10:37

Did you end up doing so? Those pictures are entrancing. Looks a wonderful place for a mushroom trip.

ha, yeah well this area is the land of magic mushrooms, they sprout in abundance around my house with a bit of rain then sun.

But i'm not really into that anymore, also those last photo's were taken around where a tourist hitchhiker was raped and killed not too long ago, so wouldn't be overly keen to trip at that particular spot.

Funny you ask about instagram because it was just last night i tried to create an account. It said i had to have i tunes which i already had of cause, but then i logged into my i tunes account and then tried to download it, that let me, but asked to confirm my credit details which had apparently had expired, but it's free so who cares ........anyway by then i didn't care anymore, obviously an easy fix though.
10.06.2015 - 11:13
no one
Account deleted
Here's some trees that grow further up the mountain, would definitely trip up there... if i were still into it

.......very annoying how the landscape photos come out so small
10.06.2015 - 11:24
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by Guest on 10.06.2015 at 11:03

ha, yeah well this area is the land of magic mushrooms, they sprout in abundance around my house with a bit of rain then sun.

Haha, where I live they're only in the wet season with the right temperature etc. I try to trip at least once a year, lose the ego, become a simple man of nature (of course most people reading this will have no idea wtf that means). Tripping in nature has presented me with some of the most profound experiences of my life.

Quote:

But i'm not really into that anymore, also those last photo's were taken around where a tourist hitchhiker was raped and killed not too long ago, so wouldn't be overly keen to trip at that particular spot.

Jesus christ, yes, fuck that.

Quote:

Funny you ask about instagram because it was just last night i tried to create an account. It said i had to have i tunes which i already had of cause, but then i logged into my i tunes account and then tried to download it, that let me, but asked to confirm my credit details which had apparently had expired, but it's free so who cares ........anyway by then i didn't care anymore, obviously an easy fix though.

Sounds like an unnecessary pain in the ass. Eh, hopefully you'll get round to it one day - I'd sure like to see more
10.06.2015 - 11:42
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by Guest on 10.06.2015 at 11:13

Here's some trees that grow further up the mountain, would definitely trip up there... if i were still into it

Wow. Honestly dude, those pictures are fascinating - I'd love to live so close/in amongst to such beauty. I live out of town at the moment there is a massive bush forest just out my backyard, but it is mainly gum trees and the land is plagued with introduced noxious plants. It doesn't have the variety of the tropics or like what you've photographed although it is still lovely, I don't think I could ever stand living in urban places for long.

Oh and I found a way to view the full size, I just right-clicked>open image in new tab

I'm also pretty interested on why you left psychedelics, I'll pm you (save glugging up the thread).
04.09.2016 - 23:59
yvesson

Hej,
Wow no post since june 2015 !
So let's show you some pics :
3 x me

Pierrefonds castle :

Tablet weaving, a band I made at a merovingian weekend, the girl held it because it was too short to attach it to my belt ;
24.06.2017 - 13:50
Paz

This is my loose interpretation of Teethed Glory & Injury:

16.09.2017 - 16:30
Paz

Lake Solina in Poland.

10.02.2018 - 22:14
LesbianWithAGun

When I'm not in school studying as a full time student or working on my music business, I'm an agency worker who's a labourer in construction...
99 Bishopsgate

The Gherkin as seen from 99 Bishopsgate

I ran into this car I've heard of from seeing it in a Newspaper and recognised it straight away when I was working in the area/Kensington & Chelsea, I started taking snaps of it, then other people did, one of which I asked to take my picture with it.

A snapshot I took that day from Nido Tower.

Frying Pan Alley

For the uninitiated, this yellow sign means that there's a fire hydrant (this is what they look like in the UK), this caught my attention.
It made me smile with that window display above it.

This job gives me privileged access to some of my hometown's iconic sites.

When I was working in The Gherkin...

The patriot in me saw this.

Sneaky Snapshot when I was on the clock... All that week I wanted to capture this shot until I did, also, had to make sure I didn't drop my phone, like, extra careful.

A quick snapshot of Tower Bridge as seen from The Gherkin.

Working nights/graveyard shift 6 pm - 6 am at that rate of pay all night at the Science Museum in Knightsbridge was awesome.

and this was the area I had to eat lunch in at 1 am.
No lights, just dark and peace.
I snuck a shot of my boss on this site who had this reading light.

Abbey Road Studios snapshots,
On my way into work that day.

I took this and found my p.o.v was unique, of this iconic doorway.
What happened was, the people who hired me hired by Universal who owns this site put my offices and cloak room and facilitates in the car park/parking lot outside and this was captured of their front door by me for my instagram real quick on some stairs that were erected there at the time when there was construction going on.
I'm rather proud of this p.o.v I took a snapshot from on my lunch break.

The Shard on a clear day.

The Shard when it's overcast.

The Shard from Waterloo.

London Charring Cross Station from Waterloo

This was the first time I saw Big Ben since the UK voted to leave the EU back in June 2016 taken days after that week and world media was still there...
and... This it what it looked like to me...

This was the first snapshot I took of it from across the river..

'Brexit'
I call it, because to me it looked like Westminster was screaming that day I saw it that week in June 2016/like Edvard Munch's The Scream.
As I got closer, it looked all gloomy.

When I had that job in Soho.

This is me and my window shopping snapshots of the glory I call home;

Macari's on Charring Cross Road/2015. (I would basically ogle these guitars, come home, and stare at my Gibson Custom Shop guitar doing the same thing/just lovingly staring at it when I wasn't playing it/still do).

Also, this caught my eye.
In 2015..

I later asked, and this Travis Bean sold for £8, 000.00 and once belonged a member of The Clash...

I once saw a 1960's Cherry Red Fender Stratocaster in the window of Wunjo Guitars (Wunjo Guitars of all places)?! -That had a price tag of £116, 000.00 on it....
That sold quickly, too quick for me to capture a snapshot of it, but, Wunjo!? They're not usually known for having pricey guitars as much as the others, so to see the most expensive guitar I laid eyes on there, in their window display/Wunjo's (!?), was like wow & damn.

Me and my WWII Vet' grandmother at Buckingham Palace 2017 at a Garden Party, I was her plus 1.

Yeah, meet people from all over at these.
For us, it was okay, 20 minutes commute into London Victoria from Thornton Heath, taxi to the Palace... yeah...
Well, it was my Nan, she got the invite to meet The Prince/Prince Harry at a garden party...
Of course she wanted to go/it was her day, being honoured for her service in WWII by the Not Forgotten Society and she requested I helped her get there, so I did, made sure she had her day/her fun.
It was alright, she was happy.

This was me at the Royal Palace of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, NL in 2015...

... Slightly different attire.
05.12.2021 - 20:20
Metren
Dreadrealm
Took some photos with my smartphone during my afternoon walk. These are all taken on a forest path near my home.

The Colors of Winter:

A Hammock For The Sun:

Forest Palantir:

----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/