Metal Storm logo
Mortiis

21.08.2008 - 03:40
VPeter

ex-Emperor bass player Mortiis own band. .
Mortiis, having grown tired of black metal formed his own one man band where he played Ambient on the first 5 albums then switched over to an Depeche Mode like eletronic style and then after that became full fledged industrial band and no longer an one man band.

all these changes are set in era's era 1, era 2 and era 3. (alltough Era 3 is often seen as just Era 2)

Era1 myspace
http://www.myspace.com/mortiisera1myspace

Era 2/3 myspace
http://www.myspace.com/mortiis1

what do you people think of Mortiis?
21.08.2008 - 15:28
VPeter

I like those to, eventough it is populair to bash I think they are great:)

oops I made a mistake can some mod please move this to Alternative metal forum?
21.08.2008 - 15:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by VPeter on 21.08.2008 at 15:28

I like those to, eventough it is populair to bash I think they are great:)

oops I made a mistake can some mod please move this to Alternative metal forum?

We were just discussing where to put it, so I will move it to alternative.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.08.2008 - 23:37
Inlé

I prefer the ambient stuff by far. Crypt of the Wizard, The Stargate etc.

Era 2 isn't my cup of tea but there's 5 albums I like by him to dig my teeth into so I'm not complaining.
29.08.2008 - 00:29
Southern Wind
Account deleted
His ambient stuff is pretty good, I like Fodt Til A Herske as a soundtrack for calm summer nights, but his industrial era is horrible. There's nothing worthy in The Smell Of Rain.
29.08.2008 - 01:10
VPeter

I often find myself listing to his Ambient era the most as well, mostly out of personal perfernce. I find Fodt Til Å Herske more fittinng for cold winter days to be honest. I am waiting for Keiser av en Dimension Ukjent which should arive in the mail tomorrow.
09.09.2008 - 06:13
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 21.08.2008 at 04:44

I like "The Smell Of Rain" and "The Grudge" ......you know, the industrial/electro stuff. awesome

Same here,. I've never been much into Ambient. While these two albums are more electro, and Teh grdge is way more agressive and raw. it's awesome
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
09.09.2008 - 08:41
☭ Mr. S ☭
Owner of the DSA
I love his Era 2 and 3 stuff alot, but I still can enjoy Era 1 when im in the mood for it. Check out Mortiis' side project "Vond" its like a darker version of Era 1.
----
Seize the weed of production!
17.09.2008 - 05:47
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
its a surprise.. i have buy ''Fodt til a gerske'' here in Rio Grande (a miracle!!), hoping for an amazing black metal act, and it turns out to be an whole ambient album... i usually like ambient music, but i would'nt bother some black metal together..
have to download their other albuns, have no clue of how they are.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
17.09.2008 - 13:43
VPeter

Written by Uirapuru on 17.09.2008 at 05:47

its a surprise.. i have buy ''Fodt til a gerske'' here in Rio Grande (a miracle!!), hoping for an amazing black metal act, and it turns out to be an whole ambient album... i usually like ambient music, but i would'nt bother some black metal together..
have to download their other albuns, have no clue of how they are.

the second and third are of the same length(just 2 songs with a massive length) only they have a better production and are faster. Crypt of the Wizard is a mixed bag of things and that's why probably it doesn't have the huge 2 track system anymore. The Stargate is a lot more melodic and has female vocals. Smell of the Rain is a bit like Depeche mode and The Grudge is just Industrial.
18.09.2008 - 02:44
Richard

This kind of music isn't always my cup of char, but I really like 'The Smell of Rain'. Like Arutha said, it has a vaguely Depeche Mode feel, and basically just contains some good songs, like the very catchy and memorable 'Parasite God' (the CD contains the video for that song too - it's amusing to watch Mortiis miming to it, "mm mm, baby!" in his grim, troll-like make-up!) It's also a bit reminiscent of New Order in places, particularly the song 'You Put a Hex On Me'.. and 'Everyone Leaves in the End' is surprisingly emotional.
----
22.09.2008 - 03:35
Gigginova
Account deleted
I downloaded 1 or 2 songs from "The Stargate" and I also downloaded the song, "Stjernefodt".......For me Ambient is an aquired taste, but once in the mood, it does the trick
22.09.2008 - 04:32
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Guest on 22.09.2008 at 03:35

I downloaded 1 or 2 songs from "The Stargate" and I also downloaded the song, "Stjernefodt".......For me Ambient is an aquired taste, but once in the mood, it does the trick

"Child of Curiosity and the Old Man of Knowledge" is the only song that I've heard that I liked... anyone know any others that are similar to this one?
25.07.2011 - 09:07
xanderman666

Though I like all of Mortiis's music, his earlier stuff is my favorite. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Reisene Til Grotter og Odemarker. It definitely has that cold winter in a mideival castle type of feel.
27.07.2011 - 13:01
Hylia

I love love love his older medieval type stuff. Basically the stuff that has Norwegian lyrics, the new stuff isnt really my type of music.
19.11.2011 - 03:51
second_coming89
Account deleted
Yeah, the older medieval stuff are masterpieces, excellent compositions! Even if some of them are 24 minutes.

When I first heard his later industrial stuff, I was okay with it......but these days I find it to be very bland. I can't bring myself to listen to it, especially "The Grudge"......like, it makes my skin crawl haha.