Metal Storm logo
!T.O.O.H.! - Order And Punishment (Řád A Trest) review

Bandcamp music player
Reviewer:

113 users:
Band: !T.O.O.H.!
Album: Order And Punishment (Řád A Trest)
Style: Technical death metal, Progressive grindcore
Release date: December 2005

01. Al-Amín (Aneb Jak Vycákat Jelito)
02. Analyza Záhnědy
03. Konec Kontinentálního Kontejneru
04. Hanička - Příběh Nebožačky (Aneb Co Se Stalo U Slepého Koryta)
05. Abu-Hassan
06. Řád A Trest
07. Já Samaritán
08. Padají Pískají
09. To Je Jízda Bozínku
10. Kálí

!T.O.O.H! impressed us all with their second full length called "Pod Vladou Bice ", a great release which caught the good attention of both fans and music critics all over the globe. Now these Czech guys deliver us "Order And Punishment" via Earache/Elitist Records, a huge comeback for "Pod Vladou Bice" and a juicy piece for every single fanatic out there.

This new CD has the progressive stamp all over the place; the songs are multifaceted and even Jazzy at times, tracks like "Al-Amin (Aneb Jak Vycakat Jelito)" and "Rad A Trest" will crush your eardrums instantly with all the insane structures and scales. The technicality is again present in the whole piece; the musicianship is of course brilliant and chaotic as hell itself, presenting us a really bizarre combo of frenzied destruction and intricate musical execution; so I'm not joking when I say this is a really hard record to digest, most soft ears and purists won't understand the brilliance of this album, "Order And Punishment" was sculpted only for the intense minds willing to live a terrifying, disturbing and overwhelming metal experience.

Fortunately !T.O.O.H! kept all the righteous and interesting parts from past albums, for example those chilling high-pitched shrieks and the drilling drum patterns; but for this new piece they decided to evolve in the songwriting matter, now everything fits better in the whole mixture, the breakdowns enter in the best time possible and every single riff, bass-line or drum beat is marvelously refined to suit with the adjacent atmosphere. Another new feature is found in the spoken passages in some tracks, somehow similar to "Lykathea Aflame", I'm not too crazy about those actually, but at least they surely added depth and grimness into the tracks.

When it comes to musical structures !T.O.O.H! wins the big prize, the songs and actually the whole album is structured in an awesome way to keep the intensity flowing with each tune; the minutes went by like seconds, so I can say with certainty that there is not a single boring second in this album.

If you liked "Pod Vladou Bice" you'll worship this album everyday of your life, you'll put together a small altar with a couple of candles, a Czech Republic flag and this album right in the middle; if you haven't heard about this band, get out of your cave and buy this album right away.

Written by Herzebeth | 06.02.2006

Comments

Comments: 32   Visited by: 181 users
02.07.2006 - 22:12
Rating: 9
HardSide

EXCELLENT album. too bad they broke up (temporarily i hope, their label screwed them)
25.08.2006 - 14:10
Baz Anderson

this is a fantastic album
i think i like this better then the previous one but its hard to tell. whenever i listen to them it almost puts me in a trance it is so beguileing

haha i wont go as far as making a shrine for them, but they are up there in my list now

if anyone knows any way i can hear the Duobetic Homunkulus album please let me know! i cant find anywhere to buy it or listen to it..
05.02.2007 - 00:22
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
This album kicks ass, I'm looking forward on buying it if i find a place where they sell Czech grindcore
06.04.2007 - 08:13
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Amazing album !! Not of this world for sure.
06.04.2007 - 21:47
Rating: 8
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
i always laugh at the sheep sound effect at the end of one of the songs

baaaaah
07.04.2007 - 20:50
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Amazing shit
10.07.2008 - 03:11
gebla
Account deleted
I have just translated the lyrics and submit it
10.07.2008 - 14:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 10.07.2008 at 03:11

Can you translate Arakain lyrics, I did 3 translations, but others are hard for me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.07.2008 - 10:38
gebla
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 10.07.2008 at 14:59

Can you translate Arakain lyrics, I did 3 translations, but others are hard for me

Maybe...
Do you want some specific songs ?
11.07.2008 - 12:37
Rating: 10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I love this album... It's so brutal, crazy and melodic at the same time.

The vocals are awesome IMO.

And the album has one of the most perfect ends ever: Kali.
Everytime I listen to this album... the 2 last minutes of the song when The guy screams "Kali!" and riffs and awesome solos starts.... I'm near to cry. It's really emotional shit for me... Really orgasmic.

I never though that Grindcore could be that emotional for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.07.2008 - 12:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.07.2008 at 10:38

Maybe...

all wit Ales Brichta whit out him band is dead
I translkated Zapomen, Zase Spis V Noce Sama and Slecna Zaviset
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.07.2008 - 13:57
Deadsoulman

Written by Bad English on 11.07.2008 at 12:52

Written by Guest on 11.07.2008 at 10:38

Maybe...

all wit Ales Brichta whit out him band is dead
I translkated Zapomen, Zase Spis V Noce Sama and Slecna Zaviset

Instead of trying to post in every single thread on this forum, maybe you can request these translations via PM? Because as far as I can see, this doesn't have anything to do with the review above, does it?
03.09.2008 - 01:54
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
I have no idea what these guys are even singing about, but the music is amazing. I got this album a few years back rather randomly. I walked into one of my little local music stores and told the guy I was looking for any Metal that was Prog/Aventgarde and he gave me this album and the first EP of Behold... The Arctopus (it had just came out that week). Yeah, talk about a head trip of music that day.

P.S. I love the goat on this album. Blaaaahh!
----
(space for rent)
03.09.2008 - 22:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Dane Train on 03.09.2008 at 01:54

P.S. I love the goat on this album. Blaaaahh!

Yeah.. that goat is really funny. It's kinda surprising to hear that sound right after a brutal track jejeje.

The best moment for me must be the last 2 minutes of the album [that would be "Kali"]
I mean... The last 2 minutes with that awesome riff, guitarr solos and even a great bass solo[!]... Thos 2 minutes are worth every penny I gave for the entire album.

Very good album.
----
Rod, let me love you.
12.06.2009 - 19:01
Rating: 8
Elio
Red Nightmare
The music is fucking brilliant but the vocals make me want to feel suicidal.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.11.2009 - 21:12
Rating: 9
dEAthB3D

Greaaat album....
great arabic atmosphere...
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
04.11.2009 - 23:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Elio on 12.06.2009 at 19:01

The music is fucking brilliant but the vocals make me want to feel suicidal.

I think the vocals are great, I just can't think of some other kind of vocals that can suit the crazy music as good as the ones on the album. Like the end of the third song "Ooooooh, MELESO!!!" or something like that and out of nowhere a brilliant guitarr solo. I think it's good.

But the best thing is easily the last two minutes of Kali, pure brilliance, such a shame this dudes are gone. You can almost tell how fun they had playing the music. And that feeling is very important imo.
----
Rod, let me love you.
31.07.2010 - 22:06
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Good music (surprising, since i hate grindcore) but horrible vocals, they sound like Sigh's vocalist's, but with a damn cat in his throat.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
01.08.2010 - 00:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by MétalNoir on 31.07.2010 at 22:06

Good music (surprising, since i hate grindcore) but horrible vocals, they sound like Sigh's vocalist's, but with a damn cat in his throat.

Lies. The weird vocals add to what is the best album ever. Normal vocals would detract from this albums uniqueness.

In my opinion of course
02.08.2010 - 14:41
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 00:28

Written by MétalNoir on 31.07.2010 at 22:06

Lies. The weird vocals add to what is the best album ever. Normal vocals would detract from this albums uniqueness.

In my opinion of course

Weird doesn't have to be annoying... I like avantgarde metal a lot and I prefer originality to safe but overused brutal growls, but this guy's vocals are very bad, imo. Not so original, just not very well executed and boring. imo, of course...
----
02.08.2010 - 14:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by MétalNoir on 02.08.2010 at 14:41

Weird doesn't have to be annoying... I like avantgarde metal a lot and I prefer originality to safe but overused brutal growls, but this guy's vocals are very bad, imo. Not so original, just not very well executed and boring. imo, of course...

You might like the project that was born out of this band, Duobetic Homunkulus, a bit more standard tech-death than this band but great all the same. With non-annoying vocals
02.08.2010 - 15:04
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Guest on 02.08.2010 at 14:56

Written by MétalNoir on 02.08.2010 at 14:41

You might like the project that was born out of this band, Duobetic Homunkulus, a bit more standard tech-death than this band but great all the same. With non-annoying vocals

Thx, I'll give it a try. Also, there's Moldova's Neuromist, a jazzy tech-death band that I discovered a couple days ago and they are kinda good.
----
02.08.2010 - 15:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by MétalNoir on 02.08.2010 at 15:04

Thx, I'll give it a try. Also, there's Moldova's Neuromist, a jazzy tech-death band that I discovered a couple days ago and they are kinda good.

Yeah I listened to them a few days ago and was quite impressed. Took me a few listens though as I assumed they were more out-and-out technical rather than the more considered progressive death they seem to do.
02.08.2010 - 19:59
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Guest on 02.08.2010 at 15:11

Written by MétalNoir on 02.08.2010 at 15:04

Yeah I listened to them a few days ago and was quite impressed. Took me a few listens though as I assumed they were more out-and-out technical rather than the more considered progressive death they seem to do.

The same could be said about !T.O.O.H!... They're not that much of a grindcore band, imo, and that's a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. They're more like a prog/avant-garde death band, aren't they?
----
02.08.2010 - 20:12
ß
Problem?
That about sounds right, throw a little grindcore elements in there and that's !T.O.O.H.! for you.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
02.08.2010 - 20:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by MétalNoir on 02.08.2010 at 19:59

The same could be said about !T.O.O.H!... They're not that much of a grindcore band, imo, and that's a good thing, as far as I'm concerned. They're more like a prog/avant-garde death band, aren't they?

Honestly I couldn't tell you. When a person mentions "grind" it instantly conjures images of Napalm Death, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Nasum etc. but !T.O.O.H.! clearly sounds nothing like those bands, or any other for that matter. The guitar tone is too clean, which is great for the audible bass, and it's a fair amount more technical than your average grind band. I've resigned myself to just calling them progressive grind for the sake of it but I've spent years looking for bands that do what they do and found nothing similar. Lykathea Aflame and Gorod are the common comparisons but in reality they sound nothing like them.
22.12.2010 - 11:06
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Another amazing gem from a relatively unknown band.. 10/10
08.12.2011 - 05:01
Grody2themax

This album is so messed up that its awesome. Harmony-wise, I haven't heard much that sounds even close to this, but it never really sounds too wank wank (that would be those bands where the whole song is pretty much atonal with the most messed up harmonies they band could think of).
08.12.2011 - 13:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Grody2themax on 08.12.2011 at 05:01

This album is so messed up that its awesome. Harmony-wise, I haven't heard much that sounds even close to this, but it never really sounds too wank wank (that would be those bands where the whole song is pretty much atonal with the most messed up harmonies they band could think of).

The album before this, Pod vladou bice, might get your "wank wank" alarm bells ringing. Easily one of the most technical records I've ever heard and definitely steeped in atonality. It's still immense though.
08.12.2011 - 20:36
Grody2themax

Written by Guest on 08.12.2011 at 13:55

The album before this, Pod vladou bice, might get your "wank wank" alarm bells ringing. Easily one of the most technical records I've ever heard and definitely steeped in atonality. It's still immense though.

Yes, I've listened to some of the previous album before and I know what you mean. Its still very good but its almost like it sounded like a tech punk metal band sometimes haha. Order and Punishment has that vibe a little bit too, but overall I think it sounds more professional and organized.

Hits total: 6847 | This month: 11