A Corpse Without Soul
Nuns Have No Fun
Doomed By The Living Dead
Devil Eyes
House On The Hill

Total votes: 105
04.07.2006 - 13:19
Glen_Doom
As I said before its difficult to choose one but my vote goes to A Dangerous Meeting becuase it was the first MF song I ever heard and the lyrics are fantastic
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!
04.07.2006 - 15:58
My fave song is Satan's Fall.....it's not there in the list, so i guess i'll have to go with Nuns Have No Fun
----
||SPACE FOR RENT||
04.07.2006 - 16:19
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I have alot of favourite songs which are not on that list but I voted A corpse without soul
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
04.07.2006 - 18:19
Trifixion
Account deleted
Gypsy is by far my favorite MF song ever, it has the coolest and creepiest sounding riff to it, mixed with KD going along with it, it's awesome. Especially the opening
04.07.2006 - 19:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for ''Gypsy'' because I think Its not so eveil ttytle and lyrics also ''House On The Hill'' are great song
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2006 - 19:33
nick35
Account deleted
gypsy is cool but the bell witch is my favorite
05.07.2006 - 02:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Curse of the Pharoah is my favorite Mercyful Fate song and I'm surprised it's not on the poll. I love the guitar riffs.
05.07.2006 - 03:36
Daru Jericho
What about 'The Oath'?! A lot of MF fans that I've talked to consider that their best along with myself. It's prety arcane and spooky (well, what MF song ISN'T, I suppose) so I'm a little taken aback to see it's omission. On that list...I chosoe 'Come To The Sabbath' for those funky guitar bits and screams in the chorus. 'Evil' and the very catchy 'Corpse Without A Soul' are also classics.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

05.07.2006 - 09:42
Mega-Slayer
Written by Daru Jericho on 05.07.2006 at 03:36

What about 'The Oath'?! A lot of MF fans that I've talked to consider that their best along with myself. It's prety arcane and spooky (well, what MF song ISN'T, I suppose) so I'm a little taken aback to see it's omission. On that list...I chosoe 'Come To The Sabbath' for those funky guitar bits and screams in the chorus. 'Evil' and the very catchy 'Corpse Without A Soul' are also classics.

"The Oath" is excellent,I always like listening to the chilling intro,I especially like the pure evil lyrics
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
05.07.2006 - 10:27
Glen_Doom
Written by Mega-Slayer on 05.07.2006 at 09:42

Written by Daru Jericho on 05.07.2006 at 03:36

"The Oath" is excellent,I always like listening to the chilling intro,I especially like the pure evil lyrics

Yes, The Oath along with others was in the run for this poll but personally i think if it wasn't for eerie intro all in all the song would be pretty average by MF standards. At least that is what I think.
----
06.07.2006 - 00:33
Daru Jericho
The intro certainly does help make the song.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

07.07.2006 - 01:36
Glen_Doom
Well, as I partly anticipated Gypsy is in the lead. Quite surprised 'Doomed by the Living Dead' has no votes yet since the refrain is quite catchy and has some nice riffs goin' on. Keep the votes comin'
----
07.07.2006 - 02:11
Richard
elite
It's difficult to choose just one best song from Mercyful Fate, but from this list, I chose 'Evil'. As an opening song (to the Melissa album) it sets the tone really well - fantastic riffs and vocal melodies, and it is a prime example of how some Mercyful Fate songs can be catchy and also epic at the same time.

Also, this didn't affect my decision but it's interesting to note that 'Evil' was actually the song which Fenriz chose to represent Mercyful Fate on the compilation album 'Fenriz Presents The Best Of Old School Black Metal'.

All of Mercyful Fate's albums so far are damn good, though. The early 1990's stuff like 'In The Shadows' and 'Time' deserves more recognition, there's some excellent songs on those albums.
----
08.07.2006 - 13:29
Glen_Doom
Agreed about the early 90's stuff but I still think that MF had that something in the first 2 releases that made the music special. Something which lacked from the later stuff but nonetheless great as well.
----
12.08.2006 - 10:47
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I can't believe Satan's fall isnt on this list. Time,the Oath,Black Funeral they are all classics,but seeing as my favorite Satan's Fall isnt on here I couldnt vote!
27.11.2006 - 22:43
Megadeth88
My favorite song out of that list is "Devil Eyes". I love the drum intro to that song.
29.11.2006 - 15:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I also love ''Mercifull Fate'' that song are good too, even I had hear moustly Metallica cover verse but original performance are great too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2007 - 23:46
Ultraraw
Account deleted
The best song is "A Corpse Without Soul",brilliant song.Mercyful Fate
guitarists are simply amazing
26.01.2007 - 01:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
My favorite song from the best band in the unverse is Black Funeral but since it is not among 9 songs I will vote for Come To The Sabbath, I just love those creepy harmonies and fantastic King's vocals, lyrics are great as always and this song is real classic like all Mercyful Fate songs, all songs from the poll are just great and it was very hard to choose this song.
5 of my favorites
1.Black Funeral
2.Come To The Sabbath
3.Satan's Fall
4.Dangerous Meeting
5.Lady In Black
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.01.2007 - 16:18
bucky01403
Account deleted
Went with Evil, what a perfect way to start off an already perfect album.
24.02.2007 - 08:53
Danny Thomas
its probably a lot of peopels favorite, but a dangerous meeting is mine. although i really like curse of the pharoh as well.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
19.03.2007 - 19:51
Twist of Cain
Account deleted
A Corpse Without Soul Man...SATTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN:banger:
21.05.2007 - 05:57
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I voted for a Corpse without soul on your list its an awesome song.
But my favorite is Curse of the Pharohs.
07.07.2007 - 11:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well, for me it's between come to the sabbath, burning the cross and return of the vampire, so i'll choose come to the sabbath, gotta love that harpsichord interlude and the intro.. 'coome coome.... to the sabbath!!"
07.07.2007 - 15:58
Danse Macabre
Account deleted
i have voted a corpse without a soul,it's by far my favourite MF song
08.07.2007 - 07:33
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Haha how can you forget the begining of "A Corpse Without a Soul"? =P

Anyways, I really like "Melissa" and "Is that you Melissa," also Curse of the Pharohs is such an amazing song, I really dont know what to vote to
----
10.07.2007 - 09:40
Torture Killer
Account deleted
To tell the truth i absolutly hate King Diamond's vocals, they often times amuse and make me laugh, but Doomed By The Living Dead is the only one I almost enjoyed listening to.
12.07.2007 - 06:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My favorite would be Gypsy...great song and it really got the crowd going when we covered it...
17.09.2007 - 14:24
jorthyf
Account deleted
I refuse to vote because I think the title track to The Oath is easily the best Mercyful Fate song. Too bad I can't for the title track for Dead Again either...that song is hillarious. Hmmm....no Into the Coven...bah. Mercyful Fate has way too many too good songs to have a choice this small to pick from.
18.09.2007 - 19:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I don'treally know but it obviously belongs to Don't Break The Oath