Metal Storm logo
As I Lay Dying

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 12.07.2006 - 16:40
well AS I LAY DYING is one of the best metalcore bands out there (for me of course) first time i listen to this band i said: WOW WHAT A CRAP DUDE!! , but then i started to download more and more music and they are fantastic... they're last cd "Shadows are security" is awesome!!! and well "Fraill words collapse" it was ok!!
so what do you think about this metalcore band??
24.12.2008 - 00:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.12.2008 at 00:14

Written by LeChron James on 24.12.2008 at 00:08

Austrian Death Machine is so much better. granted, its a joke, but come on. its like As i Lay Dying with an AHHHNOLD influence and without the metalcore crying.

totally DISAGREE. Austrian Death Machine is one of the oworst bands around even beating Alestorm and other folk or Euro Flower Metal crap. As I Lay Dying is superior in every aspect of the word to Austrian Death Machine.

oh come on. As I Lay Dying has awful lyrics. for example, the opening verse from "Within Destruction" from their most recent album reads as follows
"If music is
A mirror revealing
The depths of my heart
Then I will write
The darkest song
For without
Forgiveness
My soul is lost"

Lambesis said in one of their songs that he spent an hour writing each song, so for spending so little time on writing music based on AHHNOLD one liners, i think they aren't that bad. especially when compared to the AILD lyrics.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.01.2009 - 14:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 27.02.2008 at 22:28

Written by m3t4lh34d on 27.02.2008 at 22:23

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 13.11.2007 at 03:33

Spite I like some metalcore (I like Trivium, I don't care if you don't) and ome Nu and I'm openminded to almost anything, I'd never check a band with such an emo name.

Oh really? Like My Dying Bride? My Bloody Valentine? Dawn Of Tears? Shape Of Despair? Essence Of Sorrow?

Those bands are so emo.

Never heard any of those bands. I've heard of My Dying Bride, but never actually listened to their music.

The thing that He tried to prove is that the name of a band is the las thing you have to care if you gonna listen o something. And there are a lt of examples of bands that have some weird, stupid or quite cheesy names but are brilliant. Sape Of Despair would be an exmple wih it's great Funeral Doom

But you got one point on something... As I Lay Dying is NOT worth it... and fuck. My sister like it, I checked their myspace and I was just "wtf?.. I don't want this on the computer!"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2009 - 20:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.01.2009 at 14:58

Spite I like some metalcore (I like Trivium, I don't care if you don't) and ome Nu and I'm openminded to almost anything, I'd never check a band with such an emo name.

Oh really? Like My Dying Bride? My Bloody Valentine? Dawn Of Tears? Shape Of Despair? Essence Of Sorrow?

Those bands are so emo.

Never heard any of those bands. I've heard of My Dying Bride, but never actually listened to their music.

The thing that He tried to prove is that the name of a band is the las thing you have to care if you gonna listen o something. And there are a lt of examples of bands that have some weird, stupid or quite cheesy names but are brilliant. Sape Of Despair would be an exmple wih it's great Funeral Doom

But you got one point on something... As I Lay Dying is NOT worth it... and fuck. My sister like it, I checked their myspace and I was just "wtf?.. I don't want this on the computer!"

I know, you're right, but I'm sayiong it after listening to the band.
And they're not good. Their name is good for them though, "As I Lay Dying, because of listening to this horrible band.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.01.2009 - 20:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.01.2009 at 20:19

And they're not good. Their name is good for them though, "As I Lay Dying, because of listening to this horrible band.

Yeah.. they actually succeded on maked me feel depressed and wanted to kill myelf.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.01.2009 - 01:38
brapp32
I was never a big fan of these guys until I listened to their newest cd. I've seen them live twice and they put on a great show. I would suggest anyone that doesn't like them to check out an ocean between us. IMO it's a really good cd. It's heavy and very catchy. It was produced by Adam D from kill switch engage. He's worked with parkway drive,acacia strain,and august burns red as well. All very good CDs.
05.01.2009 - 03:33
Tbh, old Underoath remains superior to As I Lay Dying, shit. If there's any good Metalcore, it's the works of BTBAM and Darkest Hour, imho.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
22.01.2009 - 13:11
გურ
Account deleted
At firs I listen " The Darkest Nights" . It was Amesome. And The Video is More cool.
for me AILD is the best group In metalcore at this time..
27.01.2009 - 15:41
Yooden
A band with great riffs and compositionskills but with the worst growler I´ve ever heard and with some really weird lyrics here and there.
I kinda like the themes of the lyrics, though I don´t think I would write that myself.
----
www.aji-works.net
www.theycalluslegion.com
04.02.2009 - 10:50
KK777
Account deleted
Another great band i like so much... as i lay dying... the darkest nights i have as a ring-melody on my cell-phone... awesome.... bizarno!!!
05.02.2009 - 00:41
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I just saw them two nights ago. Amazing! I actually went to see Protest The Hero but was really impressed by As I Lay Dying. The other two bands were really good as well. I was surprised to see how much energy AILD has on stage, truly one of the most energetic bands I have ever seen.
----
(space for rent)
28.02.2009 - 05:23
Phobophobia
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.01.2009 at 20:19

Those bands are so emo.

They're actually named after a book, which I guess makes it less emo. I have no idea what the book is like, but I might read it some day...
28.02.2009 - 06:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

The funny thing is, I remember having a similar discussion on some facebook group (well, it progressed into the opposing party resulting in childish name calling then told me to go listen to Iron Maiden as if I'd never heard of them before), but he automatically cast off a very good Punk/hard-rock band called Kill Cheerleader simply because of the name, and saying it was automatically crap even though he refused to even give it a single listen. The point being is that lets face it, rock, and especially metal is really not a subtle form of music, it attracts people with a taste for the dramatic and grandiose, so obviously there will be some ridiculous band names out there. For example, if I decided not to listen to certain bands because of their name, I would have missed out on dozens of bands.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin