Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - New Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 19.05.2009

Polish blackened death metal band Behemoth has announced a new artwork and release date for an upcoming album ''Evangelion''. The new album is scheduled for relase on August 7 via Nuclear Blast in Europe and August 11 via Metal Blade in US. Album artwork can be viewed here: http://www.behemoth.pl/en/index.php?type=hi.

Commented Nergal:

"Evangelion combines a pure art form with a direct message. It was also important for us to ensure that the graphical presentation did justice to the record. Again, we have worked with Tomasz Danilowicz who has created his best illustration yet for Behemoth. The picture is of The Great Harlot of Babylon riding the seven-headed beast. Saints bow before her in worship whilst the tablets of the Ten Commandments lie broken at her feet. It represents our vision and the interpretation of the New Testament parable where the "Whore of Babylon" is a symbol of rebellion and resistance against God. I am fascinated by stories whose source lies in the Bible and we have used biblical symbolism, coupled with my own experience and outlook, in our lyrics or on the covers of previous Behemoth records. I love to juggle with meanings and play around with symbolism which is exactly what I have done in this case. The main character of our new cover is an archetype of disobedience, individualism, self-determination and a free, unfettered will - these are universal keywords which are typical and crucial in understanding the character of our works, life as a whole and the true nature of man."

UPDATE (Source: blabbermouth)

Behemoth will release their ninth full-length studio album, "Evangelion", on August 7 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records and August 11 in North America through Metal Blade. The CD was mixed at Miloco Studios in London, England by Colin Richardson, who has previously worked with Machine Head, Slipknot, Napalm Death and Bullet For My Valentine among many others.

"Evangelion" tracklisting:

01. Daimonos
02. Shemaforash
03. Ov Fire And The Void
04. Transmigrating Beyond Realms Ov Amenti
05. He Who Breeds Pestilence
06. The Seed Ov I
07. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
08. Defiling Morality Ov Black God
09. Lucifer

The digipack edition will include a bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes footage and expanded artwork.

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 27.05.2009 by Abattoir

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 298 users
27.05.2009 - 14:31
Judas
The Amputator
Ahaha, continued use of 'ov'. Gotta love it. Can't wait for this!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
27.05.2009 - 14:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The song titles look nice!!! especialy demonos and he who needs pestilence sound great!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
27.05.2009 - 15:43
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Cool tracklisting... hope the music are as awesome as the song titles.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
27.05.2009 - 18:04
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Judas on 27.05.2009 at 14:31

Well of course! To use "of" insted of "ov" wouldn't be right with there themes and all! Old-school spelling =)
27.05.2009 - 18:57
MetalSpider

I think the artwork is pretty cool.

After watching their recent Youtube videos, I think the album is going to be their best one to date. Ov Fire and the Void sounds amazing!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
28.05.2009 - 05:37
Slyfang

Written by TheBigRossowski on 20.05.2009 at 19:40

Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 20:43

Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 20:32

Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 20:18

Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 17:54

Who doesn't like the artwork?! Well... besides Deadmeat...guy...

Nergal always has his ideas sorted out, great Dude!

this artwork is far away from the DM style and especialy for behemoth who play DM in the fast and brutal way. even the colors of it make me imagine everything except DM... if it was another band, another styloe etc i may have said that it is nice3. but for behemoth yeah it has no point imo...

Maybe you should re-evaluate the lyrical concepts that Nergal is aiming for. This isn't Hammer Smashed Face for Christ's sake. Death metal bands don't have to necessarily stick to the same topics. Behemoth has almost always remained on the same theme.

yeah but they had covers with black, grey etc colours and not white and orange. this is my main problem...

Just the logo is orange... but maybe red would have been a TAD bit more suiting.

93 to the 'N' Dude!

err.. orange is absolutely perfect, it's the colour of fire. red would have just made it look more like some.. vampiric blood thing. and while the cover is great, the whole picture doesn't really fit Behemoth's music too well. it's too subtle..
29.05.2009 - 03:32
Got Mayhem?

Has anyone gone to the page and seen the little promo shot of Nergal, Inferno and Orion?
Darski looks like he did in the Conquer All vid
Inferno looks 60 years old with that beard and is wearing a skirt (Kilt?)
and Orion has some incredibly baggy pants on...

Album sounds awesome so far...but I hope they don't go with this image for their album/Concerts/ Etc...
----
29.05.2009 - 07:04
Symmachus

I userd to spell "of" like that, even for school assignments. I quit that after a few weeks, though.
29.05.2009 - 10:53
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Symmachus on 29.05.2009 at 07:04

I userd to spell "of" like that, even for school assignments. I quit that after a few weeks, though.

Haha, after your teachers started failing you for it?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
29.05.2009 - 23:35
Symmachus

Written by Judas on 29.05.2009 at 10:53

Written by Symmachus on 29.05.2009 at 07:04

Haha, after your teachers started failing you for it?

That would definitely be a valid reason, but they weren't failing me for it, really. I used the traditional spelling of "of" in essays and formal stuff like that, but assignments of lesser rank were where all the ov's were. But I kind of decided that I didn't enjoy spelling it like that as much as I used to, so I gradually went back to the formal spelling. It was worth spelling "of" like "ov" and it was nice while I was doing it. I was a freshman in high school when I did that.
31.05.2009 - 09:55
Opethian

So all of of a sudden it comes down to the bands Album Cover? The album cover is just the Icing on The Cake ! How could you ever judge an album by its cover?? I'm a HUGE Opeth fan and i must admit that they do not have the best album covers, but the music is something that i cannot comprehend

I personally love Behemoths new cover art Nothing but high hopes for this new album. "The Apostasy" PWND !!!!!!!
03.06.2009 - 15:29
TheBodycage

Being a graphic artist whose niche market is musicians, i pay alot of attention to album art and packaging.
Honestly you can't judge an album by it's cover, countless times i've seen a great looking cd only to know that band was utter tripe.
However, a band of this calibre (or any band really) needs to have clever marketing and good promotion material to back it up, incite interest, reach its target audience and as always gain new fans.
Album art is important.
Whether its any good or not is left to personal interpretation and a matter of a opinion.

I think the illustration is fantastic, replicating a lithograph and fits very well with the biblical theme.
----
Nothing Can Tame My Wicked Heart
05.06.2009 - 17:00
AbdelioR

Nice artwork
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.

Hits total: 5973 | This month: 7