Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth - Issues Band Update

Norwegian black metallers Gorgoroth have posted the following update on their official site:

''After a two-year absence from the live arena, Gorgoroth will once again perform their Satanic rituals on stage on August 29, 2009. Gorgoroth will then headline the last night of the 10th anniversary Hole in the Sky Metal Festival in Bergen, Norway, with none other than US doom legends Pentagram as co-headliners! More info on the festival can be found at www.holeinthesky.no. This exclusive Gorgoroth concert will be held in tribute of the band's former drummer Erik "Grim" Brødreskift (1966-1999). The setlist will include classic songs from the legendary "Pentagram" album - not played live for 12 years - and perhaps also brand new material from the upcoming album, "Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt". If and when any other Gorgoroth live appearances this summer are confirmed, they will be made public here on the official website.''

''The recording of Gorgoroth's new studio album "Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt" is progressing according to schedule, with a tentative October 2009 release date. The album will be released by Regain Records.''

Source: gorgoroth.info
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Event: Hole In The Sky
Posted: 19.05.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 143 users
19.05.2009 - 15:51
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Looks like they're denying everything that's happened under the name Gorgoroth in the past years At least I remember seeing a band called like that on stage no 10 months ago
----
19.05.2009 - 17:31
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I don't think so...I don't think they meant they would exclusively play songs from Pentagram. Besides, King wrote every riff on Ad Majorem. Their new release could be the album of the year if it lives up to the hype.
----
Brujerizmo!
19.05.2009 - 17:57
TheBigRossowski

Of course not they wouldn't just play songs from Pentagram, but they very well should not play songs from Ad Majorem. That would be very hypocritical of Infernus, at least in my humble opinion.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
19.05.2009 - 20:56
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by corrupt on 19.05.2009 at 15:51

Looks like they're denying everything that's happened under the name Gorgoroth in the past years At least I remember seeing a band called like that on stage no 10 months ago

Think about it, that was another band, that was the side with King and Ghaal, who now have lost the rights to be named Gorgoroth, this is the Infernus side now named Gorgoroth, therefor they haven't played 10 months ago
19.05.2009 - 23:16
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 19.05.2009 at 20:56

Think about it, that was another band, that was the side with King and Ghaal, who now have lost the rights to be named Gorgoroth, this is the Infernus side now named Gorgoroth, therefor they haven't played 10 months ago

Still funny. I can't remember anything like that with any other band I know. And the way they insist on being the Gorgoroth now is a funny thing. From the commercial point of view, what you say is right of course, but many bands undergo huge lineup changes during their years, even complete all-member replacements but none have denied the own existence just because other people led the project. I have to admit that I don't know Gorgoroth much (musically) and for me it would have made no difference if Infernus' crew were on stage last year. The songs would have been the same and that is what defines a band.
----
20.05.2009 - 01:06
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by corrupt on 19.05.2009 at 23:16

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 19.05.2009 at 20:56

Still funny. I can't remember anything like that with any other band I know. And the way they insist on being the Gorgoroth now is a funny thing. From the commercial point of view, what you say is right of course, but many bands undergo huge lineup changes during their years, even complete all-member replacements but none have denied the own existence just because other people led the project. I have to admit that I don't know Gorgoroth much (musically) and for me it would have made no difference if Infernus' crew were on stage last year. The songs would have been the same and that is what defines a band.

But that's often over time, not every member at once. But I see what you mean
20.05.2009 - 02:22
TormentoR.

Written by Konrad on 19.05.2009 at 17:31

I don't think so...I don't think they meant they would exclusively play songs from Pentagram. Besides, King wrote every riff on Ad Majorem. Their new release could be the album of the year if it lives up to the hype.

Their new release could be the album of the year if it lives up to the hype.

WTF? keep dreaming
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
20.05.2009 - 07:59
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Written by TormentoR. on 20.05.2009 at 02:22

WTF? keep dreaming

Notice the word could...signifying that it is POSSIBLE...but it's really no dream of mine.
----
Brujerizmo!
20.05.2009 - 14:50
TormentoR.

Written by Konrad on 20.05.2009 at 07:59

Written by TormentoR. on 20.05.2009 at 02:22

WTF? keep dreaming

Notice the word could...signifying that it is POSSIBLE...but it's really no dream of mine.

Gorgoroth will never have an album that will be the album od year. Seriously, i like em but they aint good enough bring up such shit
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
20.05.2009 - 16:25
ponderer

With all the crap surrounding this band I'll be surprised if they sell 10 tickets. More music and less politics would go a long way toward this band actually producing something worthwhile.
25.05.2009 - 23:21
blizzard tyrant

Hell yeah..hope that Gorgoroth will be in Belgrade.....
27.05.2009 - 08:14
Zombie, M.D.

REALLY looking forward to the new album and to hear what Infernus has got since King ov Hell was the primary song writer on the last couple records (which consequently sucked).
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer

Hits total: 3347 | This month: 4