Metal Storm logo
Decapitated

Original post

Posted by SteTech, 17.05.2006 - 12:14
I recently aquired this Polish death metal band's newest album, Organic Hallucinosis, and I love it. I'm not a big fan of raw death metal, but this one is great. Might look into their other stuff as well
05.04.2010 - 19:45
Don Martin
le fu-
Decapitated are fucking killer ^^ Their new drummer Krimh seems to be the incarnation of Vitek, he's so damn good!
----
What a tackastrophe!
07.05.2010 - 13:49
JD
Account deleted
That's great i hope the new vocals "rafal" is good too
R.I.P Vitek
07.08.2010 - 19:24
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Malphas on 07.08.2010 at 18:58

Sorry for reviving an old topic but i just had to write, these guys are my all time favorite band.

Really? Last time you were yapping about how godly Death is.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.02.2013 - 22:25
Capt. Fluntas
I absolutely love their first and second albums, and I'm starting to get into The Negation Organic Hallucinosis for me is an ok album, nothing special, but my opinion may change after more listens. Carnival Is Forever is even more tricky, for now I don't seem to like it very much
----
Life is one big meme.
11.02.2013 - 07:35
Jtbmetal123
I honestly love all of their albums. They are brutal and very instrumental with amazing vocals. Great death metal band.
22.02.2013 - 07:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well I love their early works, but Carnival Is Forever.. yeah I kind of regret this one Nothing special to it, pretty bland.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.02.2013 - 18:30
Thrashette
Carnival Is Forever grew on me eventually. But yea, initially I wasn't crazy about it and I still prefer their older work. I didn't like their new vocalist that much until I saw him live. He's a great live performer and really knew how to get the crowd going.
03.03.2013 - 18:24
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 22.02.2013 at 18:30

He's a great live performer and really knew how to get the crowd going.

That's exactly what I would say
03.03.2013 - 18:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I remember when they played in Brighton, after the gig my friend went up to the singer and said "You guys were much better than I thought you'd be."

He turned and walked off without saying anything.
03.03.2013 - 22:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 03.03.2013 at 18:41

I remember when they played in Brighton, after the gig my friend went up to the singer and said "You guys were much better than I thought you'd be."

Well... he does get the crowd going... Out of his space. What a bitch xD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.03.2013 - 22:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.03.2013 at 22:54

Well... he does get the crowd going... Out of his space. What a bitch xD

Well it was the singer that walked away I suppose he could have hurled abuse at her or something if he was really a bitch.
04.03.2013 - 00:01
Thrashette
Haha I remember when they played here, the singer got off the stage and was leaning over the rails to give us high fives. And then someone stole his hat XD I think he called us motherfuckers and then just went on with the show like it didn't happen lol
04.03.2013 - 01:32
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 03.03.2013 at 18:41

Well saying ''You guys were much better than (I THOUGHT YOUD BE)'' what did your friend expect ? No tact really, thats not something you say
to anyone or any band you've just seen live lol... You keep that thought to yourself. Or at least a more polite way to say it would be ''You exceeded my expectations'' thats not so bad.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.03.2013 - 01:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 04.03.2013 at 01:32

Well saying ''You guys were much better than (I THOUGHT YOUD BE)'' what did your friend expect ? No tact really, thats not something you say
to anyone or any band you've just seen live lol... You keep that thought to yourself.

It's a backhand compliment. If you had a sense of humour you'd say thanks and laugh it off instead of expecting everyone to drop to their knees and and worship you
04.03.2013 - 01:41
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 04.03.2013 at 01:35

Written by Guib on 04.03.2013 at 01:32

to anyone or any band you've just seen live lol... You keep that thought to yourself.

It's a backhand compliment. If you had a sense of humour you'd say thanks and laugh it off instead of expecting everyone to drop to their knees and and worship you

No he doesn't need worship but when you hear a thousand people everyday saying good or bad shit to you and about you, it gets pretty hard to know if its a ''backhand compliment'' or anything else, really and it probably gets on your nerves aswell... Im pretty sure that if I was in any musician's shoes I'd be sick and tired of people's opinions and comments, no matter if its positive or negative. I mean they gotta go through alot of shit (touring, barely sleeping, talking to people they probably don't even wanna talk to) I totally understand his reaction no matter if he's got a sense of humour or not lol. Its just sometimes you have bad days and sometimes you're just sick and tired of people no matter what they do
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.03.2013 - 01:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 04.03.2013 at 01:41

No he doesn't need worship but when you hear a thousand people everyday saying good or bad shit to you and about you, it gets pretty hard to know if its a ''backhand compliment'' or anything else, really and it probably gets on your nerves aswell... Im pretty sure that if I was in any musician's shoes I'd be sick and tired of people's opinions and comments, no matter if its positive or negative. I mean they gotta go through alot of shit (touring, barely sleeping, talking to people they probably don't even wanna talk to) I totally understand his reaction no matter if he's got a sense of humour or not lol. Its just sometimes you have bad days and sometimes you're just sick and tired of people no matter what they do

But you forget that people are also consumers and have paid to see said band and have the right to an opinion. Honestly, if you can't take the criticism (not that this comment was anywhere near criticism) then you need to get a different vocation or shield yourself off from public awareness altogether. If someone has the balls to critique a band member to their face for valid reasons then I say good on them. If you don't tell a band when they're wrong you get shit like Morbid Angel's "industrial" stuff materialising with a bunch of yes-men telling them they're making good music.
04.03.2013 - 01:58
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 04.03.2013 at 01:46

Written by Guib on 04.03.2013 at 01:41

But you forget that people are also consumers and have paid to see said band and have the right to an opinion. Honestly, if you can't take the criticism (not that this comment was anywhere near criticism) then you need to get a different vocation or shield yourself off from public awareness altogether. If someone has the balls to critique a band member to their face for valid reasons then I say good on them. If you don't tell a band when they're wrong you get shit like Morbid Angel's "industrial" stuff materialising with a bunch of yes-men telling them they're making good music.

Yeah they pay to see the band live, nothing more nothing less. Its music man, most musician don't give a single fuck about what their fans thinks about their music, they do it because they enjoy it and if fans doesn't like what they do well, imo they can just stop listening and move on A band should not do stuff to please fans... seriously thats the wrong way to do music. I mean a band can love touring, playing live without having love every single fan personally and having to know what they think... this is seriously useless My opinion.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.03.2013 - 02:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 04.03.2013 at 01:58

Yeah they pay to see the band live, nothing more nothing less. Its music man, most musician don't give a single fuck about what their fans thinks about their music, they do it because they enjoy it and if fans doesn't like what they do well, imo they can just stop listening and move on A band should not do stuff to please fans... seriously thats the wrong way to do music. I mean a band can love touring, playing live without having love every single fan personally and having to know what they think... this is seriously useless My opinion.

In which case band's shouldn't get pissy when people tell them their opinions, that was my point. If you're going to make bad music / play bad shows then be prepared for a backlash
04.03.2013 - 08:37
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 04.03.2013 at 01:46

If you don't tell a band when they're wrong you get shit like Morbid Angel's "industrial" stuff materialising with a bunch of yes-men telling them they're making good music.

This needs to be put on the side of a blimp
26.10.2014 - 23:13
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Apparently Decapitated was involved in some sort of tour bus accident on Friday:

https://www.facebook.com/decapitated/posts/10152766122430991
03.08.2020 - 19:41
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Working on new album?

03.08.2020 - 22:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Current Decapitated does nothing for me. The only way I'd be excited is if they announced they were going back to their roots, but I understand why and accept that it won't ever happen.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.08.2020 - 23:58
nikarg
Staff
I liked the groove of Anticult a lot. I am interested to see how the U.S. jail has affected them (or not).