Metal Storm logo
Textures - Sign With Nuclear Blast

Dutch technical death metallers Textures have signed with one of the worldwide biggest record labels Nuclear Blast Records. The band and the label have posted the following statements:

Jaap Wagemaker from Nuclear Blast said: "After winning the "Igor Award" as unsigned band at Aardschok magazine's "Metal Bash", the band got signed to Listenable Records, who re-released their critically-acclaimed debut "Polars". With their follow-up albums "Drawing Circles" and "Silhouettes" Textures proved their musical status even more and became one of the most exciting new bands in (extreme) metal!

Diversity and complexity are important elements of the unique Textures sound, building bridges between epic, polyrhythmic grooves and contrasting melodies. Textures create their own style and establish their own interpretation of progressive, heavy modern metal!"

Commented the band: "We have been expressing our musical concepts for three albums now, played a truckload of cool shows and created a solid fanbase. Now it's time for us to take it to a higher level and expand our territory. Nuclear Blast gives us that opportunity. We are very excited about it!"

The band's debut album for Nuclear Blast is expected to be released in 2010.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Textures
Posted: 04.06.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 47 users
04.06.2009 - 11:20
Asitis

Cool for them, I just hope they don't keep going the way they did with Silhouettes. Imho - it went a bit to far with all the polyrhythmic riffs to be enjoyable. Drawing Circles though, one of the most solid albums ever made!
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
04.06.2009 - 13:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Come on now, blow us away!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.06.2009 - 16:18
Talvi

I have a bad feeling about this
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
04.06.2009 - 18:26
RockeRoy

They deserve this, Amaizing band
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
05.06.2009 - 02:57
Symmachus

Good for them. I've recently started listening to this band, and what I've heard is great. It's nice that they got signed to Nuclear Blast. I wonder what happened with them and Listenable Records.
06.06.2009 - 02:54
addiction

Good for them! i was surprised they were not more famous before cos they are really good! i guess this means a little bit more money and maybe more frequent tours.
----
alive in the superunknown

Hits total: 2450 | This month: 6