Metal Storm logo
Pestilence

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 16.07.2006 - 02:28
Wow its great I get to start an official Pestilence thread.I cant say i'm a diehard fan or anything,cuz I haven't been listening to them that long.Well anyway I finally got the pleasure of buying "Consuming Impulse" and that is definitley brutal death metal at its best."Echoes of Death" is the highlight track for me it has every good element to making a great song.I also have "Testimony of the Ancients" as well,since I bought two from the vault,it is alright to me,its more of a progressive death cd i'd say.Its not that I dont like progressive death,its just not at the same level of intesity as "Consuming Impulse".I want to get the first album,if I can find it for a decent price,as well as "Spheres".So what are your thoughts on this band?
15.04.2009 - 02:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I was able to listen to the first 8 or 9 songs from the new album on the way to work today and it seems kinda average so far... it sounds great on a sound system but I bet if I listened to it on headphones I'd turn it off and put in Consuming Impulse.

Dehydration II so far is my favorite song on the album.
19.04.2009 - 01:40
Conservationist
The new album makes me furious, since it's such a transparently disingenuous POS.
19.04.2009 - 02:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Just because it sucks doesn't mean it's disingenuous. It's not like they're going to make a lot of money from that album anyways.
19.04.2009 - 03:24
Conservationist
Written by Dangerboner on 19.04.2009 at 02:03

Just because it sucks doesn't mean it's disingenuous. It's not like they're going to make a lot of money from that album anyways.

First, they may not make a lot of money for it, but they may have unrealistic hopes.
Second, it's possible to be insincere and manipulative without monetary reward as the goal or sole goal.
19.04.2009 - 03:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Nah, I still think they only reformed because of a mid-life crisis or something. They're smart enough to know that metal doesn't sell nowadays, unless it's extremely trendy pop metal released on a mainstream label. I still think that Resurrection Macabre is a sincere attempt to relive Pestilence's past glory days, and the result was a very average death metal album.
20.04.2009 - 16:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I just love how some people always seem to think to know what goes on in Patrick Mameli's head.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.04.2009 - 09:15
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
You all people suck!this album is really REALLY Great! And i am writing these words before i Seeing them live when my opinion may increase i a moment! So: great production, awesome vocals, nice riffing and some really Great songs make resurrection macabre one really strong DM release!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.07.2009 - 04:41
Infurnace
Written by Deadmeat on 21.04.2009 at 09:15

You all people suck!this album is really REALLY Great! And i am writing these words before i Seeing them live when my opinion may increase i a moment! So: great production, awesome vocals, nice riffing and some really Great songs make resurrection macabre one really strong DM release!

Yeah, I seem to be one of the few people who agrees with you. I also think that the album turned out pretty good. The riffs are really awesome, and Mameli still has a nice growl. Hate Suicide would be my personal favorite song on this record.
29.07.2009 - 16:13
GamlaSonn
I love Resurrection Macabre. The album has nearly no weak songs. It's brutal, but also kinda catchy. I guess you can say the same thing about Consuming Impulse. Just awesome Death metal =)

HangMan makes me smile sometimes because of the association with the word game, but you know it's not exactly about that ^^
31.10.2009 - 22:12
NiederHaven
The new album is a great album, very good sonority, death metal at its best! The first two songs are very powerful, giving an lots of energy and making the path for an headbanging album! Very good job from Pestilence!
01.11.2009 - 19:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I was really disappointed with "Ressurrection Macabre". Aside from maybe 2 or 3 songs, the rest of the songs sounded indistinguishable from one another. Very generic.
20.05.2011 - 22:12
Ghostdancer
Pestilence is a great band. I got into them when Consuming Impulse came out and saw them when they opened for Death on the Spiritual Healing tour. Consuming Impulse and Testimony of the Ancients are still my favorites...although I don't mind the stuff that has come since. IMO Consuming Impulse is one of the best death metal albums of that era...I still listen to it on a regular basis.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
21.05.2011 - 23:28
Yasmine
Written by Deadmeat on 21.04.2009 at 09:15

I think it kicks ass.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
13.09.2020 - 10:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
On Facebook,

13.09.2020 - 15:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I work at a health food store that averages around 1200 customers per day (that's paid transactions, meaning the actual number of walk-ins is much higher). Aside from us essentials, the entire town locked down for months over a high of 30 cases out of 100k residents. One person died in hospital -- an old sick man. One of our locations in another town was forced to shut down for two weeks while a specialized sanitation task force cleaned up due to three asymptomatic employees testing positive.

When we started reopening society, there were soccer tournaments with dozens of players and their parents across two fields. The rec center was host to hundreds of kids and their families partaking in water park festivities over the weekend.

Yet people here would still cry over a band performing to a live audience. The hypocrisy of what's acceptable during this time is ridiculous. Good on Pestilence for telling them to shove it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."