Metal Storm logo
Insomnium - New Album Details And E-Card Online

An e-card for "Across The Dark", the forthcoming album from Finnish metallers Insomnium, can be found at this location. The e-card contains audio samples of three new songs entitled "Equivalence", "Down With The Sun" and "Where The Last Wave Broke".

"Across The Dark" [cover art] is scheduled for release on September 7 via Candlelight Records. The album was recorded at Fantom studio and it features guest clean vocals by Jules Näveri (Profane Omen, Enemy Of The Sun).

Candlelight Records stated: "New album "Across The Dark" shows a band that knows its strenghts but isn't afraid to evolve. Crux of the music is still melodic death metal but nuances are giving it a unique flavor. Keyboards are overwhelmingly epic and there are some stunning clean vocals by Jules Näveri. Bit of folk metal, pinch of doom, some thrashing, a whole lot of timeless melodies and progressive twists and there you have it: ingredients of the masterpiece."

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Insomnium
Posted: 02.07.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 105 users
02.07.2009 - 22:01
Fhuesc

Holy cow, i want it now. Best news in this year.

Edit: great cover
Edit 2: the samples sounded awesome, ah!!! now i want it more
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
03.07.2009 - 01:19
Morcant
Wulfgar
It's damn brutal!!! Insomium rules!!
----
"No guts no glory"
- Bolt Thrower
03.07.2009 - 02:23
MeloDeathViking

The new stuff sounds awesome, I fuckin wish it was September so I could buy the album!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.07.2009 - 03:44
altercuca
Account deleted
BEST MELODIC DEATH METAL EVER!!!! BRING IT ON GUYS!!!
03.07.2009 - 04:36
MetalSpider

These guys never fail to impress me! The samples sound awesome!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
03.07.2009 - 08:25
Asitis

HELL YEAH!
*dies of joy*

Let's hope for another tour in Holland I traveled across country the last time to see both (exact same - but who cares) shows! m/
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
03.07.2009 - 09:11
Harlequin

Best in the genre atm. I'm really excited to hear the whole album.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
03.07.2009 - 09:34
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
What an amazing news cant wait on this one
03.07.2009 - 10:55
Destryphior

Uhjee.. the excitement made me jump out of my pants... still waiting...still waiting...

...still waiting...
03.07.2009 - 15:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I kinda lost track of these guys but I might come back to them. Sounds promising.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.07.2009 - 15:20
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Same thing here. I liked what I have heard. These samples sound very promising. I'm waiting to listen to the whole album.
03.07.2009 - 23:00
Symmachus

This band seems like a band that I'd enjoy.
04.07.2009 - 01:14
fadman

Awesome NEWSSSS!!!!
I've been waitin' for this album for a long time
I wish this album will be the same as "Above The Weeping World".
04.07.2009 - 01:40
Vanwarp

Fucking Awesome! GREAT STUFF!!
----
"Only sick music makes money today." Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher (1844 - 1900)
04.07.2009 - 11:34
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Wowee very impressive! The album cover is a shocker tho, they usually get Travis Smith to design it....why did they get a new guy? Or did they use him he just didnt feel like making an effort??

Anyhoo apart from that the music sounds EPIC! Very happy to hear some clean vocals, might not be the best sounding vocals but at least its fresh. Insomnium started becoming a bit too much of a "trademark-sound" kinda band but from what Ive heard it sounds similar only more epic! Cant wait
04.07.2009 - 18:26
Eddie Misery

I'll definitely be looking forward to this. I have "In the Halls of Awaiting" and "Since the Day it All Came Down", and I enjoyed them both. Seen em live too and they rocked the stage. New album of course means a new tour, which means seeing em live again, which means I'm psyched lol.

I highly recommend listening if you haven't already. Also the new clips on the e-card rock.
04.07.2009 - 21:42
Uller

AWESOME!!! samples are great and nice cover
----
07.07.2009 - 07:01
Satatonia

Beautiful cover
I wanna hear more melancholic riffs like "Last Statement" from Above The Weeping World

Hits total: 3922 | This month: 3