Metal Storm logo
What fragrance do you wear?

Original post

Posted by Konrad, 19.11.2009 - 02:32
This may be one of the most non-metal threads ever. But c'mon, even metalheads are allowed to smell nice! What fragrance do you wear? What is your favorite fragrance for those of the opposite sex?

Some of my favorites for myself - A Men by Thierry Mugler (night time), Aqui di Gio by Georgio Armani (summer/day time). Terre d'Hermès by Hermès. Green Irish Tweed by Creed.

On Women, I like Angel by Thierry Mugler, Coco by Chanel, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, and Diamonds Intense by Georgio Armani.

To be honest, I wear Cologne probably less than once a month, but it is still very interesting to me. Discuss.
28.11.2009 - 20:05
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Ragana on 27.11.2009 at 19:33

Written by Bitter Dawn on 27.11.2009 at 19:06

When it comes to cologne I always buy Armani, unfortunately they tend to change the scents every year or so, and it's fuckin' expensive as hell..almost $100 for some smelly water?

You forgot about something - women LOVE that smelly water.

Yes indeed, a bit sad to say but I guess that's why I wear it? I find most perfumes to smell too strong, I especially loathe any thing too musky, and a lot of female perfumes just stink save for a few by Chanel and some of the Dior Poison line, actually that's what my wife wears (which I introduced her too) a certain Poison scent that becomes increasingly difficult to find as time carries on.
29.11.2009 - 00:17
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Ragana on 27.11.2009 at 19:33

Written by Bitter Dawn on 27.11.2009 at 19:06

When it comes to cologne I always buy Armani, unfortunately they tend to change the scents every year or so, and it's fuckin' expensive as hell..almost $100 for some smelly water?

You forgot about something - women LOVE that smelly water.

totally agree...i don't know a single woman who doesn't it's like arrghh...lol
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
15.06.2010 - 23:10
Hexx

I try to use perfumes in a very moderate way because I don't want it dominating my own scent.
Either Nina by Nina Ricci or Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana, depending on my mood.
On men I truly love Hugo Boss and Armani.
----
"The world is beautiful, but has a disease called man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
16.06.2010 - 01:55
Sgur Uaran

I smell like gasoline, beer and cigarettes.....
16.06.2010 - 15:19
Kennoth

Written by Guest on 24.11.2009 at 23:51

I use Axe body spray, but it doesn't work as advertised. It says it attracts women, but let me tell you, that is a fucking lie.

Word!

I was expecting, if not a small-scale women stampedo, than at least a couple of groupies, but I got nothing!

Jokes aside, I mostly don't use anything (I don't really smell, trust me ), but if I do, it's mostly a deodorant, Old Spice most recently, or a body spray like Axe
----
*insert something deep and profound*
17.06.2010 - 00:55
Solitary Dancer

Bvlgari-pour femme
although jasmin noir is also great
i just love bvlgari
17.06.2010 - 15:11
Destryphior

I have 4 different depending on time and day, Hugo Boss - Boss, Dior - Homme Intense, Dior Homme Sport and Chanel - Allure Homme.. Some of them are fresher for outdoors summer time some more intense..
24.06.2010 - 03:27
..ExoTeaR..

I smell like chainsaw fuel and bar oil and eucalyptus trees after work, my chick friends love that. but other then that im just wear cheap shit << Imperial leather aerosol. lol im cheap.
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
24.06.2010 - 04:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I bathe myself in the blood of my enemies and wear their tears as cologne.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.06.2010 - 17:51
Ernis
狼獾
I read a 1965 Estonian book "Concerning Behaviour"... 'twas hilarious... there was written bout wearing fragrances and the message was: "You can use the triple cologne or lavender cologne as a fragrance, they suit anyone. Speaking of men, men may only use the triple cologne and lavender. Should a man wear any other fragrance is just WRONG! Ladies may use other fragrances but basically they too can perfectly use the triple cologne and lavender."

To those who might not guess what a triple cologne is, then this is a very cheap cologne with a name "Triple"... it's usually purchased by homeless people who use it to get wasted because it costs less than beer not to speak of spirits.

Looks like this... the bottle on the right... the one on the left is "Flowery"...
25.06.2010 - 17:55
Kennoth

Haha, looks like Vodka to me.
----
26.06.2010 - 00:47
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Kennoth on 25.06.2010 at 17:55

Haha, looks like Vodka to me.

As I said... there are people in this poor country who use it as vodka because it's 10 times cheaper than vodka... but it's not for drinking... but as it has a lot higher alcohol volume, it allows you to get wasted a lot faster and cheaper way... for sure, it has its effects on your health...
26.06.2010 - 00:53
Kennoth

So, you get wasted, AND have a good breath
----
26.06.2010 - 03:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
CK Obsession. I'm dead serious.
27.06.2010 - 15:17
I_Die_Often

My girl bought me "Sexual" and she LOVES IT! So that is all that matters!
But when I have it on around my Mom, she says I smell like a black man! LMAO!
...my girl is black...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
28.06.2010 - 18:07
Empress

IMO, I don't want my guy to smell like a girl and there are tons of men's cologne that leans into girly smell and others just plain stink (i.e Axe). On my guy, I like a Old spice (original scent) as my first choice but they have one other that I like by Old Spice too (I can't think of the name of it, not the sports scent.) It's not too heavy, he smells like a man and it won't break the bank account to buy it.

For myself , I have to wait until I am ready to go somewhere to decide as many of the ladies perfumes are designed for specific time of day. Some colognes are more for evening wear, others are a cleaner more energetic day wear. I did receive a bottle of Gucci for Christmas that I really like but again this is more of an evening style perfume. One of my all time favorites is Patchouli oil, a couple of small drops will last all day.
25.10.2010 - 15:24
Yavanna

Well, I really have a great collection of fragrances...
My favorite one Is Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue.
I usualy wear something that smells fresh or citric ( the weather is hot, then this smells better).
I really like very much a Brasilian brand called Natura, they have great fragrances, and are cheaper than imported fragrances (taxes are too high).
I am a good smelling person, I also wear tons of deodorant.
Thinking that I am smelling really nerves me.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
25.10.2010 - 17:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I just wear deodorant. Never wear perfume....
25.10.2010 - 19:35
Gorgon

The perfumes readily available nowadays are a fucking joke. Most of them are awful, uninspired and generic. Just like mass produced music, mass produced perfume sucks

I have a shitload of oil-based perfume, none of that alcoholic 2% synthetic fragance crap) by underground company Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (aka BPAL):
http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/.
This stuff is amazing. I hated perfume before I discovered them!

This stuff actually made me rediscover the sense of smell. Many of the perfumes are close to unbearable (Satyr for example smells like the devil himself, goat and all), but all are a trip, no doubt. Even the weird ones or the ones that don't work for you are worth trying if just for the experience. And the inspiration for the perfumes could not be cooler, some of my favourites, to give an example: Sin, Black Forest, Loviatar, Odin, or Yggdrasil.
Plus none of that for male or female bullshit, who has to tell what you can wear? You decide. I wear a lot of stuff that wouldn't ever hit the "female" shelves. Probably not the "male" ones, either

I am right now wearing Schwarzer Mond (Black Moon). Just amazing. You all have no idea what you are missing!
25.10.2010 - 22:35
Sunioj

1.Bvlgari
2.Armani
3.Drakkar Noir
25.10.2010 - 23:02
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Monte Blanc, Givenchy, Bugatti, and Harley-Davidson. are among the favs.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
27.10.2010 - 01:46
MetalSpider

I smell of death and destruction (these 2 words best describe when Im having a day of bad farting lol!), with some Axe body spray as well. Sometimes I'll wear Hugo Boss - Baldessarini (not sure if thats how its spelt or even called for that matter), and sometimes Playboy for Men cologne. I dont know what its called exactly but it has the Playboy symbol on it and had "For Men" written on the box and it was a gift. It smells good thats all I know.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
27.10.2010 - 11:36
Himann
Orm KrigGud
It alternates between Hugo Boss, Armani, Dunhill, CK and Davidoff. Depends a bit on the occation and stuff as well I guess.

Had a few Oriflame brands for men as well but most of those are over. The S8 Night and Excite brands were fairly good.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
02.01.2011 - 06:31
Hylia

For me , most fragrances make me sick, especially all those chemical fragrances. If I have to wear one I usually just wear essential oils like lavender or rosewood(but just a tiny bit).
02.01.2011 - 15:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol what a thread.

But Givenchy 'Play' if you must know.

But only to cover up the fact I can't be bothered to wash very often.
02.01.2011 - 16:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
The ones I have used so far during this years:
1- Lacoste - Pour Homme
2- Mexx - Ice Touch
3- Armani - Acqua Di Gio

And now I'm using Lacoste - Essential
I don't think I like to wear the same fragrance twice... So far I buy a completely different one everytime. I think the one I liked the best was Pour Homme.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.01.2011 - 21:52
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Hylia on 02.01.2011 at 06:31

For me , most fragrances make me sick, especially all those chemical fragrances. If I have to wear one I usually just wear essential oils like lavender or rosewood(but just a tiny bit).

Haha the exact opposite of me, we should be at war. Am really into colognes generally. My mom is somewhat similar to you in that she doesn't really like colognes much. However thats mainly due to allegies and asthma and stuff. Is that the same issue with you or do you simply dislike perfume generally?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
03.07.2022 - 00:13
Joppe
Steelemeister
Nothing, some mineral salt deodorant on arm pits, well I do have some essential oils in beard oil which have some smell. I don't like the fragrances women either; too strong and fake smell to me, I like real more.
----
My vision is augmented