Metal Storm logo
Best Arabian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by , 20.11.2009 - 15:28
The reason why I made this forum I just wanted to know if there is any fans on Metalstorm, favorite Arabian band? favorite album? favorite songs? Personally my favorite band is Oath To Vanquish.

Also check this list:
Top Arabian Metal Albums
25.12.2009 - 15:54
JD
Account deleted
@Ankhist posting links for download illegal on metalstorm
16.01.2010 - 15:50
JD
Account deleted
Nervecell on Dubai TV - interview & live performance - 1/15/2010

U.A.E Death Metal band Nervecell appeared on Dubai TV channel Dubai One part of the program Twenty Something (episode 11, December 2009). Watch the interview and live performance on the following link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFqKlr2RMgQ
16.01.2010 - 16:44
Roro

Thanx Ankhist , its hard to find tracks for those guys
03.03.2010 - 23:22
Dr.TeM

Well in fact that's the worst problem spically in Syria and Egypt
here in syria they shave my Hair :'(
we can't even wear a full metal clothes :S
thanks for your topic
05.03.2010 - 15:25
JD
Account deleted
Written by Dr.TeM on 03.03.2010 at 23:22

Well in fact that's the worst problem spically in Syria and Egypt
here in syria they shave my Hair :'(
we can't even wear a full metal clothes :S
thanks for your topic

well i have one comment [FUCK THEM] and about the hair it well be grow back again.
05.03.2010 - 22:24
Dr.TeM

Thanx dude but hope not ganna meet them again
09.03.2010 - 18:04
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Acrassicauda's "Heavy Metal in Baghdad"? is the most realistic documentary/film I've seen. To be honest though I don't know any Arab bands, are there any Power metal, or something along the lines of mmm Melodic Black, or a band that uses traditional Arab instruments or plays instrumentals, can you guys recomend anything?
13.03.2010 - 00:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by Nighthowls on 09.03.2010 at 18:04

Acrassicauda's "Heavy Metal in Baghdad"? is the most realistic documentary/film I've seen. To be honest though I don't know any Arab bands, are there any Power metal, or something along the lines of mmm Melodic Black, or a band that uses traditional Arab instruments or plays instrumentals, can you guys recomend anything?

if you are a death metal fan (Nervecell & Scarab) are the best!! and i recommend you to watch -Metal In Middle East - Al Jazeera Report Online on Metalstorm or youtube maybe you will find some bands you like...
23.03.2010 - 13:15
Black Mass

Thank goodness I found this topic. I'm moving to Abu Dhabi at the end of April and was worried I was going to be metal deprived. Don't have time to fully read this in detail now but have skimmed over it and will start looking into the bands listed.
Many thanks!!!
30.03.2010 - 02:02
Mosquiller

Anyone mentioned 'Damaar' from lebanon? great war metal in the vein of blasphemy/conqueror.
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=62417

'Halla' are a PERSIAN band. i haven't listened to their stuff yet but the ideology behind the band (anti-islam) is appreciated.
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=111613
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
30.03.2010 - 03:27
ylside

So far the best release I heard was Litham - Dhal Ennar.
There is also Vielikan (Tunisia) which I reviewed in MS, they were pretty good aswell !
03.04.2010 - 13:03
JD
Account deleted
Written by ylside on 30.03.2010 at 03:27

So far the best release I heard was Litham - Dhal Ennar.
There is also Vielikan (Tunisia) which I reviewed in MS, they were pretty good aswell !

yeah agree with you Litham Dhal Ennar are good album ... and there is Phobia from tunisia are good too!
05.04.2010 - 08:26
Susan
Smeghead
Mizraab is an progressive melodic metal band from Pakistan.

Faraz Anwar is the band's frontman, also quite a guitarist. Many videos (live and studio) are on Youtube, also most of the songs can be heard on their website: http://mizraabianz.com/v3/

I highly recommend the album Mazi Haal Mustaqbil from 2004. It's an intense and fun album of heavy and melodic prog metal mixed with some wonderful eastern influences that mostly show up in the subtle harmonies. This album is on my top 100 of the decade
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.04.2010 - 23:18
JD
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 05.04.2010 at 08:26

Faraz Anwar is the band's frontman, also quite a guitarist. Many videos (live and studio) are on Youtube, also most of the songs can be heard on their website: http://mizraabianz.com/v3/

I highly recommend the album Mazi Haal Mustaqbil from 2004. It's an intense and fun album of heavy and melodic prog metal mixed with some wonderful eastern influences that mostly show up in the subtle harmonies. This album is on my top 100 of the decade

well pakistanian bands not arabian or middle eastern maybe they use some eastern influences but still not what this topic is about anyway even Nile and many bands! use eastern influences...
06.04.2010 - 23:48
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Guest on 06.04.2010 at 23:18

Written by Susan on 05.04.2010 at 08:26

well pakistanian bands not arabian or middle eastern maybe they use some eastern influences but still not what this topic is about anyway even Nile and many bands! use eastern influences...

I didn't realize this thread was exclusive to Arab speaking bands... Mizraab speaks/sings in Urdu. And I'm not up for arguing which countries are or aren't part of the "middle east"

Anyway, enjoy Mizraab. They're great
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.04.2010 - 02:37
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I like "Wasted Land (Saudi Arabia)" ... you should include'em in your "bands list"
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.05.2010 - 13:55
JD
Account deleted
The Hourglass - 2010 Ancient Hope (EP) is kickin ass!!!
10.05.2010 - 20:10
The Turbanator

Ayat is still the best. Great new album.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.05.2010 - 15:03
The Night Wisher

Well, Ayat and Damar are just influenced by Norwegian black metal scene, think about it , christian country they made metal against Christ. Ayat and Damar are originally muslims so they've became anti-islam, so If someone despites Ayat & Damar cuz of their lyrical content you must despite most of BM bands cuz they're simply the same , anti -religion , anti-god and satanism.
If it's about music then its a matter of different tastes, but I can tell, If you listen to Mayhem and despite Ayat that makes no sense. No Sense At All.
15.05.2010 - 15:07
The Night Wisher

Written by InnerSelf on 08.12.2009 at 13:45

Written by Muhannad Saleh on 07.12.2009 at 00:13

Well its the year where the gov in Jordan , lebanon and egypt attacked metal and everyone in black shirt , band , with guitar , long hair were put in jail ask anyone who used to live in the old scene that thing killed most of the bands in the middle east either they gave up music or they moved to anther country. also Mark LeVine talked about it in heavy metal islam and morcco had the same thing but in 2003 when a metal band held to court and then they got jailed

One of my older friends told about this ,and actually here in syria this almost happened last year so I kept my band project "and my t-shirts " hiding until things started to look good again
now it is realy the best time the syrian metal scene is having
lots of new bands with some of them having the potential to go BIG
one Band I recently discovered is Groundless Tomb a Psychedelic Funeral Doom band that is truely great
everybody who like doom be sure to check them out

Man, with all my respect to you, the metal scene in Syria is fucked up to its mouth.
where the hell is the metal scene ? some underground bands ? people being captured cuz of metal. No metal concerts, metal is forbidden almost officially ??!!!
I can't see any good signs here.
16.05.2010 - 13:17
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by The Night Wisher on 15.05.2010 at 15:07

Well its the year where the gov in Jordan , lebanon and egypt attacked metal and everyone in black shirt , band , with guitar , long hair were put in jail ask anyone who used to live in the old scene that thing killed most of the bands in the middle east either they gave up music or they moved to anther country. also Mark LeVine talked about it in heavy metal islam and morcco had the same thing but in 2003 when a metal band held to court and then they got jailed

One of my older friends told about this ,and actually here in syria this almost happened last year so I kept my band project "and my t-shirts " hiding until things started to look good again
one Band I recently discovered is Groundless Tomb a Psychedelic Funeral Doom band that is truely great

Man, with all my respect to you, the metal scene in Syria is fucked up to its mouth.
where the hell is the metal scene ? some underground bands ? people being captured cuz of metal. No metal concerts, metal is forbidden almost officially ??!!!

Only fucking posers are being "captured" those damn wana-bes always fuck up everything I know people should have the freedom to express what they like but despite the fact that it is 2010 our countries are still caught up in the old traditions and I actually don't mind that
after all I don't have to always wear Black or have a beard "though I do have one " in order to be a metalhead or listen to Metal
I just despite the fact that it is nearly impossible for me to record anything related to Metal outside my damn bedroom
The scene is there and it is growing and there has been some kind of support from older Metalheads , hopefully one day I will be able to enter a studio and do what I love
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
16.05.2010 - 15:10
The Night Wisher

Written by InnerSelf on 16.05.2010 at 13:17

Only fucking posers are being "captured" those damn wana-bes always fuck up everything I know people should have the freedom to express what they like but despite the fact that it is 2010 our countries are still caught up in the old traditions and I actually don't mind that
after all I don't have to always wear Black or have a beard "though I do have one " in order to be a metalhead or listen to Metal
I just despite the fact that it is nearly impossible for me to record anything related to Metal outside my damn bedroom
The scene is there and it is growing and there has been some kind of support from older Metalheads , hopefully one day I will be able to enter a studio and do what I love

just concentrate with me, it growing I know, and your recording and I am recording, it's not a big deal, but when you talk about metal, you talk about metal event , festival and whatever is related to metal, here you can't listen to metal wherever you want, or talk about it cuz it's forbidden, go ask any store he'll tell you I don't have metal (I know we all download), we have a metal MOVEMENT among some people including me and you and others, but whatever just see lebanon , they advertise for metal events talk about it, and it's going very ok, here local bands can't perform the biggest example is The Hourglass who has released EP but never played to promote it.
therefore my friend we can't even say that we have a metal scene here. And it's not about traditions, it's about metal is forbidden and almost against law in their point of view. I've seen a lot of people who crashed traditions and never caught,, it's never about traditions it's about metal itself
16.05.2010 - 15:35
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by The Night Wisher on 16.05.2010 at 15:10

just concentrate with me, it growing I know, and your recording and I am recording, it's not a big deal, but when you talk about metal, you talk about metal event , festival and whatever is related to metal, here you can't listen to metal wherever you want, or talk about it cuz it's forbidden, go ask any store he'll tell you I don't have metal (I know we all download), we have a metal MOVEMENT among some people including me and you and others, but whatever just see lebanon , they advertise for metal events talk about it, and it's going very ok, here local bands can't perform the biggest example is The Hourglass who has released EP but never played to promote it.
therefore my friend we can't even say that we have a metal scene here. And it's not about traditions, it's about metal is forbidden and almost against law in their point of view. I've seen a lot of people who crashed traditions and never caught,, it's never about traditions it's about metal itself

I talk about Metal all the time and I listen to Metal on my player, I don't need a lousy radio show playing Metal if I can listen to what I want whenever I want.
About stores there are stores selling Metal all over Aleppo and there is no problem about that.
I just can't seem to understand why every body is so upset when they know there is nothing to do
just enjoy what you have
and if you want to see a concert travel to Lebanon there are no passports between Syria and Lebanon and it is as if you are traveling from Damascus to Aleppo
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
16.05.2010 - 15:57
The Night Wisher

Written by InnerSelf on 16.05.2010 at 15:35

Written by The Night Wisher on 16.05.2010 at 15:10

I talk about Metal all the time and I listen to Metal on my player, I don't need a lousy radio show playing Metal if I can listen to what I want whenever I want.
About stores there are stores selling Metal all over Aleppo and there is no problem about that.
I just can't seem to understand why every body is so upset when they know there is nothing to do
just enjoy what you have
and if you want to see a concert travel to Lebanon there are no passports between Syria and Lebanon and it is as if you are traveling from Damascus to Aleppo

what have you said is 100% right, I can listen and talk and there are some stores that sells metal, but Metal is forbidden that means the metal scene is dead, there are a lot of bands who wanna play live and they are not allowed, what can we call this ? I know I listen to metal by my own everyone does but that doesn't mean anything to metal scene in general.
And you can ask older metal heads about how metal was like here it was very ok, and concerts were very common with growls as well, now any band wanna play have to pick light songs that has nothing to do with metal, also they would advertise for it as Rock, cuz simply metal is forbidden.
I am sorry my friend but what have you said is right relatively, but you can tell any metal head about the scene here he'll tell you it's so dead.
28.05.2010 - 19:24
Muhannad Saleh
www.jorzine.com
Written by Nighthowls on 09.03.2010 at 18:04

hey man check out those 2 links most of the middle eastern bands are listed there
http://www.jorzine.com/default.aspx?page=MidEastBands
http://www.jorzine.com/default.aspx?page=bands
let me know if you need anything else
08.06.2010 - 01:35
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Hey man check out those 2 links most of the middle eastern bands are listed there
http://www.jorzine.com/default.aspx?page=MidEastBands
http://www.jorzine.com/default.aspx?page=bands
let me know if you need anything else

Yeah for sure man thanks, I wont doubt on bugging you then for anything else
31.07.2010 - 20:02
JD
Account deleted
Written by Zombie on 15.04.2010 at 02:37

I like "Wasted Land (Saudi Arabia)" ... you should include'em in your "bands list"

Done, any other bands i will be glad to add them here
31.07.2010 - 21:03
vezzy
Stallmanite
Motor Militia is the only one I can think of right now.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.08.2010 - 15:07
JD
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 31.07.2010 at 21:03

i think you may give this albums a shot
"Nervecell - Preaching Venom" Death Metal from UAE
"Oath To Vanquish - Applied Schizophrenic Science" Technical Death Black/Grind from Lebanon
in my opinion this my fav two middle eastern albums.
01.08.2010 - 15:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 15:07

Written by vezzy on 31.07.2010 at 21:03

i think you may give this albums a shot
"Nervecell - Preaching Venom" Death Metal from UAE
"Oath To Vanquish - Applied Schizophrenic Science" Technical Death Black/Grind from Lebanon
in my opinion this my fav two middle eastern albums.

Thanks. I'll check them out.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.