03. Glemselens Elv
04. Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning
05. Sverddans
06. Keliohesten
07. Morgenrøde
08. Belus' Tilbakekomst

Additional info
Label: Byelobog Productions
Recorded in Grieghallen Studios, Norway.
Produced by Pytten and Burzum.
Mixed by Davide Bertolini and Burzum.
Mastered by Tim Turan at Turan Audio.
Album artwork design by Burzum and Adrian Wear.
All songs written and performed by Burzum.

This album was originally called "Den Hvite Guden", which in English translates to "The White God". But due to the controversy it stirred and as it got interpreted as a racist title, he decided to change it.

Title / Production Year (location):

Leukes Renkespill (Introduksjon) / 2010 (Bergen)
Belus' Død / 1993-1994 (Bergen)
Glemselens Elv / 2008 (Tromsø)
Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning / 2009 (Bø, Telemark)
Sverddans / 1988-1989 (Bergen)
Keliohesten / 2008 (Tromsø)
Morgenrøde / 2009 (Bø, Telemark)
Belus' Tilbakekomst (Konklusjon) / 2009 (Bø, Telemark)

Staff review by
Lucas
Rating:
Let's not waste too much time squabbling over Vargs crazy antics. It's already surreal enough that there's a new Burzum out, let's not overload our poor brains. Belus, or the White God, has enough of Varg's magical touch to cause controversy from the very first second it was announced, with Varg playing his favourite part as innocent Manuel "I know noooothing". Ah, good times.

Read more ››
published 28.02.2010 | Comments (87)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 76   Visited by: 1179 users
20.02.2010 - 01:50
wvsabbath

Just heard the new album.......
it wont disapoint
It revokes the golden age of black metal, the second wave,,,
20.02.2010 - 01:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Judging after 1 listening is almost always unfair...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.02.2010 - 11:35
Rating: 7
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Roro on 20.02.2010 at 01:42

Here what i did :
1- downloaded the album
2- listened
3- deleted

this album really sucks

Maybe Burzum is not suitable for you.. Listen to Filosofem, Det Som Engang Var and the rest of Burzum albums and see what's your whole opinion about them.. If you don't like them either, then your problem is with Burzum not the album...

By the way, so far I liked the album.. Of course it will change, but what I'm sure about is that this album will be a +8 for me anyway..
20.02.2010 - 14:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Whoa...Kaimadalthas' Nedstigning...what a song
----

20.02.2010 - 17:10
Rating: 5
Roro

Written by Hamird on 20.02.2010 at 11:35

Here what i did :
1- downloaded the album
2- listened
3- deleted

this album really sucks

Maybe Burzum is not suitable for you.. Listen to Filosofem, Det Som Engang Var and the rest of Burzum albums and see what's your whole opinion about them.. If you don't like them either, then your problem is with Burzum not the album...

By the way, so far I liked the album.. Of course it will change, but what I'm sure about is that this album will be a +8 for me anyway..

trust me i know the full discography for him. and its not about what is "suitable" to listen. i judge only the good/bad work not the people
20.02.2010 - 21:48
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Roro on 20.02.2010 at 17:10

Written by Hamird on 20.02.2010 at 11:35

Here what i did :
1- downloaded the album
2- listened
3- deleted

this album really sucks

trust me i know the full discography for him. and its not about what is "suitable" to listen. i judge only the good/bad work not the people

Of course I didn't mean you are judging the person.. I was just wondering that maybe you might dislike other Burzum works as well.. So that's why you didn't like it too.. Because I guess for a typical Burzum fan this album is OK.. It's for sure not a let-down..
20.02.2010 - 22:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
For me it is nearly from being called "surprise" (in positive meaning)
----

21.02.2010 - 05:11
METAL!

I have the album and am listening to it now. So far it's decent.
21.02.2010 - 15:01
InnerSelf
proofread free
Through the past two years I have been disappointed by almost every favorite band from MDB to Immortal and so on
but Belus truly broke the curse WOW just WOW from the first listen it captured me , the riffs the vocals the "not so good" production that actually fits the music perfectly the way the album flows in the most beautiful way......

I know many people will say lots of things about this album and about the fact that Varg is a dick head , well you know what Fuck him and his crazy psychotic racist mind I am just glad that finally I am pleased with a great release from one of my favorite bands
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
21.02.2010 - 22:34
Lord_Regnier

Written by BitterCOld on 10.02.2010 at 18:36

i wouldn't take anything that douchebag says or writes at face value. and anyone who does is a fool.

Exactly.

Concerning Euronymous'murder, Varg changes the version each time he speaks about it.

The new album sounds utterly generic and boring. But, even though I'm a big Black Metal fan, I'm probably not the best person to ask about Burzum because I think everything this 'band' ever released sucks donkey balls.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
22.02.2010 - 09:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just heard the whole thing. It's not good.

Yeah! Let's take a pretty cool riff, repeat for an hour, stab a dude, and become the kvltiest band evar!!

But don't forget, the guitar is a "nigger" instrument.

Who needs competent songwriting capabilities when you have WHITE POWER!?!?!!!

The last song makes me want to tear my eyes out... and I don't even hear with them!

- Wilford Brimley
22.02.2010 - 11:10
Rating: 8
Umideath

A really album .... !
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
22.02.2010 - 21:14
Skøllgrim
Northern
Threads always seems to go off-topic when it comes to Burzum/Varg. This thread should be about the album Belus, looking forward to listening to it.
24.02.2010 - 02:51
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Heard it a couple of times through so far, but havent found anything overly special about it, nothing really stands out. a lot of people seem to enjoy this album from what ive seen, so ill prob give it a couple more listens, see if i can come to appreciate it
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
26.02.2010 - 00:30
Galar
Wicked Mung
I really fuckin like this album so far.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
26.02.2010 - 19:11
Rating: 8
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
This album is veeeery good! i can say a combination of the black era with the ambient era. Nice, very nice album.
Fortunately coz i was concern about it!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
27.02.2010 - 06:37
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
I Just Listened to the whole album and thought it was very good
28.02.2010 - 20:10
In Bone Factory

I have not found n e thing special in this album!!!
----
The End Is Nigh ...
08.03.2010 - 22:09
Rating: 9
Slyfang

Excellent album i think, but i wish that he could have added some of his fantastic ambient works to it. but the atmosphere was excellent as it was
11.03.2010 - 13:19
Rating: 10
farshid

I liked it too
the instrumental song was excellent
11.03.2010 - 14:05
Roro

Written by In Bone Factory on 28.02.2010 at 20:10

then u shouldnt rate it 8
12.03.2010 - 00:38
In Bone Factory

Written by Roro on 11.03.2010 at 14:05

Written by In Bone Factory on 28.02.2010 at 20:10

then u shouldnt rate it 8

yup u're right. but it doesn mean that its that weak.I'll rereview it again perhaps
----
The End Is Nigh ...
13.03.2010 - 18:52
rageing atheist
Account deleted
So far I have listened to it two times (once the leak and once the cd, the sound quality of the leak sucks in comparison with the cd) and am positively surprised, seems like a strong comeback.

I personally can't understand where the accusations of Belus being just a rehash of his old music that adds nothing meaningful come from, to me Belus sounds distinct from all his earlier work (Ok, I haven't listened to Hlidskjalf from start to finish but I doubt that people mean he's recycling that).

There's something very positive about this album, that most metal unfortunately lacks (by positive I mean positive in the darkest-hour-is-before-the-dawn sense, not gay-hobbit-party-everyone's-invited sense), can't understand why people compare it with depressive crap.

Can't tell how Belus will hold up to repeated listens in comparison with old Burzum albums but my initial impression is very positive, especially given that I expected it to be crap, based on the impression I got from the samples.

Also, Daudi Baldrs is a good album imo.
14.03.2010 - 04:31
Hylia

I guess it was okay, I wouldn't buy it though. I read on his interviews on burzum.org he does not really consider it to be black metal. It still sounds black metal to me! It is still better than his earlier stuff though.
15.03.2010 - 19:59
CreeperDeath

Written by Guest on 13.03.2010 at 18:52

I personally can't understand where the accusations of Belus being just a rehash of his old music that adds nothing meaningful come from, to me Belus sounds distinct from all his earlier work (Ok, I haven't listened to Hlidskjalf from start to finish but I doubt that people mean he's recycling that).

In fact, the intro of the second track Belus Doed is the same intro as Dauði Baldrs first track (wich is Dauði Baldrs also)
15.03.2010 - 22:52
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Written by CreeperDeath on 15.03.2010 at 19:59

Written by Guest on 13.03.2010 at 18:52

In fact, the intro of the second track Belus Doed is the same intro as Dauði Baldrs first track (wich is Dauði Baldrs also)

Yes I know that Belus Doed is reworked Daudi Baldrs, I meant that Belus as a whole does not sound too similar to any of his earlier albums (as a whole) and has its own spirit. At least that's my impression from the two listens I've had, haven't had time to listen to it more.
17.03.2010 - 15:28
viking_dyziu

Old, Good Burzum ! He is returning ... ;]
23.03.2010 - 21:20
LASTBREATH

Just to give a Heads up (I'm sure alot of you guys already know) Belus was released on a limited edition "White" vinyl of suposably 2000 copies,the rest are regular "Black" vinyl.
There are MANY sellers on "Auction" sites that are selling the album sealed claiming that it is the "White" version,however it is imposiable to tell wether the album is White or Black vinyl without opening it.
ALL OF THE ALBUMS,WHITE OR BLACK VINYL,HAVE "LIMITED EDITION COLOURED VINYL" WRITTEN ON THE BACK OF THE ALBUM.
29.03.2010 - 04:51
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Meh...thats all that needs to be said.
30.03.2010 - 01:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 29.03.2010 at 04:51

Meh...thats all that needs to be said.

Well said.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 24546 | This month: 64