Metal Storm logo
Equilibrium - Part Ways With Vocalist And Drummer, Update

German pagan metallers Equilibrium have parted ways with vocalist Helge Stang and drummer Manuel Di Camillo. This has been reported by the organizers of Winterfire Festival at which Equilibrium were supposed to perfom next weekend (13th February 2010). So far the band itself has only published the following statement on its official Myspace site:

"We regret to inform you that we have to cancel our appearance at Winterfire Festival due to serious restructuring within the band. We regret this deeply and hope for your understanding. Of course we will inform you as soon as possible about the future of Equilibrium."

UPDATED on 13.02.2010:

By now the band has confirmed the split officially. The statement on the band's Myspace reads as follows:

"Unfortunately we have to tell you that Helge, Manu and Equilibrium go their separate ways for personal reasons. We parted on amicable terms and we wish them all the best for their future. We really had an amazing time with them on stage!
Certainly, this split is not going to impact the music of Equilibrium which means the songs will still be composed by René Berthiaume. At the moment, we are recording our third album at Helion Studios in Munich which will be released in June. And we can already give away that this album will contain plenty of bombast, harshness, epic poetry, emotions, curious musical surprises and much more!
Every announced concert is going to take place! (Except for the Winterfire-Festival) Of course you will be informed instantly, as soon as we've got any news about new Equilibrium band members."

Source: burningstage.net
Band profile: Equilibrium
Event: Winterfire Festival
Posted: 13.02.2010 by Promonex

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 69   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 368 users
10.02.2010 - 23:19
schwanderen

What the hell? Sucks...
10.02.2010 - 23:20
annodomini

Its ironical cause the only interview on MS was made with both members that left
----
the riddle wants to be...
10.02.2010 - 23:25
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by MissRagnarok on 10.02.2010 at 22:13

Holy fuck, that sucks big time =( what about Paganfest? will they have found replacements by then..

The Paganfest dates are still on their Myspace, so perhaps they already have someone in store, but didn't quite have the time to rehearse with them for that festival next weekend.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
10.02.2010 - 23:27
Baldmetal

So many time without news of Equilibrium and now this sad new.
Anyone knows smothing about the reasons?
anyone knows something about the next cd? xD

I hope a new singer better :S
----
O_o
11.02.2010 - 00:14
Devilspeed

Written by JÄY on 10.02.2010 at 20:02

Maybe the new vocalist will be compelled to sing in english......THE LANGUAGE OF METAL!!!

11.02.2010 - 00:40
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
VERY bad news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.02.2010 - 00:46
Baz Anderson

Written by annodomini on 10.02.2010 at 23:20

Its ironical cause the only interview on MS was made with both members that left

Yes, and they were both very nice people.

Picture...
11.02.2010 - 01:27
MetalSpider

Bah! that really sucks!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
11.02.2010 - 02:05
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I fear very much for the band's future... The drummer was awesome and Helge was very good too. By the way, those who wanna hear him again can try Arafel, even though his voice is weird with this band, he sounds like Tvangeste's vocalist... Anyway, this is very bad news, much more dramatic than Dimmu Borgir's so-called drama.

And about the retard who thinks English is metal's one language, well... you're a freaking, ethnocentric and racist bitch. There.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
11.02.2010 - 03:52
BenWasHere

I have sad now
11.02.2010 - 04:51
Number Juan

What the fuck happened?
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
11.02.2010 - 04:59
FRIENDSHIP

I shouted out, "NOOOOO!" when I saw this! This cuts into my heart!
----
Keeping up the killing,

Dylan
11.02.2010 - 05:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"restructuring"? sounds like something ended violently.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.02.2010 - 08:35
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
And there I was just starting to really like them...
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
11.02.2010 - 10:33
Apocalyp7ica
Account deleted
No fucking way! I'm seeing them at Paganfest. They should perform together.
11.02.2010 - 14:08
Jonnz of Steel

Bad news
11.02.2010 - 15:22
enumaelis

Why are all so upset? There shouldnt be anything really important always that they both didnt compose anything previous, as I guess it happened.
Just 2 replacements, fine.
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
11.02.2010 - 15:47
moe5512

Thi sucks
11.02.2010 - 16:19
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
More upset about the drummer cozz he was pretty good....The vocals always kinda annoyed me, sounded like the dude kept throwing up in his throat. Pretty sure they will get a good replacement for him...hopefully the drummer too.
11.02.2010 - 16:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, for example me always liked the vocals of Equilibrium...so i am sad now
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.02.2010 - 16:45
Baz Anderson

I never had any problems with the vocals at all either.
11.02.2010 - 17:51
MeloDeathViking

Written by Baz Anderson on 10.02.2010 at 19:58

What???!

Judging by your suprise, I'd say nothing was said about this in the interview. Did you even get a feelin that something was wrong? It seemed pretty layed back, and I thought eveyone was geared up for making the new album.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
11.02.2010 - 17:53
Baz Anderson

Written by MeloDeathViking on 11.02.2010 at 17:51

Judging by your suprise, I'd say nothing was said about this in the interview. Did you even get a feelin that something was wrong? It weemed pretty layed back, and I thought eveyone was geared up for making the new album.

Absolutely not. Both guys were very happy to be finally playing in the UK. They both had a great time and I had a great time talking to them. This was totally unforeseeable from my point of view.
11.02.2010 - 18:28
()
Account deleted
A real pity... on their last two efforts they were pretty tight as a 'whole' - especially on 'Sagas'.
11.02.2010 - 20:36
Winterthrone

Written by MétalNoir on 11.02.2010 at 02:05

I fear very much for the band's future... The drummer was awesome and Helge was very good too. By the way, those who wanna hear him again can try Arafel, even though his voice is weird with this band, he sounds like Tvangeste's vocalist... Anyway, this is very bad news, much more dramatic than Dimmu Borgir's so-called drama.

And about the retard who thinks English is metal's one language, well... you're a freaking, ethnocentric and racist bitch. There.

That's what I thought when I answered him! how can someone become so close-minded and chauvinistic!
12.02.2010 - 01:32
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Hooray, i always found the vocals ruined this band! The drummer seemed good though, oh well.
12.02.2010 - 01:36
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave

You do realize that it actually is Tvangeste's vocalist in Arafel's second release?
12.02.2010 - 18:38
fade
Son of Sweden
Written by JÄY on 10.02.2010 at 20:02

Maybe the new vocalist will be compelled to sing in english......THE LANGUAGE OF METAL!!!

I think in the past most bands thought they had to sing in English to get more of a following, but I think within the last several years (or more) that has changed a lot. Or I have just broadened my horizons and am listening to bands with a very small following (i.e. kromlek). Most of the bands I like sing there traditional language. I'd have to say I prefer non English lyrics nowadays anyway....
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
12.02.2010 - 19:22
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Dark Cornatus on 12.02.2010 at 01:36

You do realize that it actually is Tvangeste's vocalist in Arafel's second release?

Nope lol so that's why his name is "Ilia" or something like that... My only contact with Arafel is a short listening on their myspace page. But I was actually right when I said he sounded like Tvangeste's vocalist, since it WAS that guy So, what will happen to Helge Stang???
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
12.02.2010 - 19:58
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by MétalNoir on 12.02.2010 at 19:22

Written by Dark Cornatus on 12.02.2010 at 01:36

Nope lol so that's why his name is "Ilia" or something like that... My only contact with Arafel is a short listening on their myspace page. But I was actually right when I said he sounded like Tvangeste's vocalist, since it WAS that guy So, what will happen to Helge Stang???

No idea. But Finsterforst still search for a new vocalist
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 10673 | This month: 11