2 - Sinéad
    3 - Shot In The Dark
    4 - The Making Of?
    5 - Where Is The Edge
    6 - Utopia [featuring Chris Jones]
+ The Unforgiving: The Prequel
+ Credits & Facebook Fans

Additional info
Based on a comic book series, written by Steven O'Connell (BloodRayne & Dark 48)

Staff review by
Ag Fox
Rating:
In the blink of an eye, 4 years have passed since the not-so-critically-acclaimed The Heart Of Everything. Being lambasted for being sold out and radio oriented, it was also the metal album that drew my attention to the genre of music called heavy metal. Having moved on to other more obscure spectrums of the genre, it has been a couple of years since an album with the symphonic metal tag slapped on it came out that I can truly enjoy. With an album cover that seems to cater towards a much younger audience and an announcement about a concept album based on some comic series, I confess that my expectations couldn't have been lower.

Read more ››
published 14.11.2011 | Comments (24)

Found in 27 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 79   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 1230 users
14.02.2010 - 16:11
Thehowling
I want it
15.12.2010 - 19:47
Apocalyp7ica
Account deleted
I hope this is going to be heavy.
15.12.2010 - 21:59
Rating: 6
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Judging by the first song, it won't/
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
06.01.2011 - 13:37
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Damn that cover art is bad
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
06.01.2011 - 14:24
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Looks like a cover of a cheap PS One game.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
06.01.2011 - 21:34
They are sounding like pop-rock now, what a shit:( !
No coments about a cover...
21.01.2011 - 12:03
I only like their first two albums "Enter" and "The Dance (EP)". It's a pitty that everything become commercial !
21.01.2011 - 12:05
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 06.01.2011 at 14:24

Looks like a cover of a cheap PS One game.

Exactly !
31.01.2011 - 08:47
Cassian
Hell no to the cover.

Anyway, I've just listened to Faster, and quite enjoy it indeed. A bit more modern rock style, I hope this album will turn out acceptable.
05.02.2011 - 10:15
I've reviewed this fantastic release @ http://metalmarketing.blogspot.com & http://bit.ly/eHs4uv

Greets,

Nathan
06.02.2011 - 01:09
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
This is probably gonna suck even more than The Heart Of Everything. And I am not sure that's possible.
06.02.2011 - 10:58
Rating: 1
grimm
Damn, "Faster" was horrible. So commercial! It didn't sound like metal at all, more like pop-rock. Ugh...they were my second favourite band. How disappointing
13.02.2011 - 12:36
Rating: 8
Tish
My opinion is that you shouldn't judge the band by it's cover...ppl change, they grow like everything else on this planet and the same happens with bands they change, they grow and especially they change because of the ppl meaning the fans or just the ppl who listen to their music...commercial they've become because you know them and what's so wrong with changes, even if the changes are good or bad you should appreciate one thing that the band still exists and still makes music for their fans. I don't know, but me, i just don't wanna judge anyone until i know for sure that what i see or what i'm listening to is really good even if its changed into a commercial song or album. \m/
28.02.2011 - 00:32
jijibu
It's softer, but it's still Within Temptation. nice vocals, nice melody. I think, it's not bad as Tristanias 'Rubicon'...
15.03.2011 - 09:50
Rating: 9
annodomini
No, it is much worse than Rubicon! Complete Lacuna Coil syndrome. Though I must mention that I adore Rubicon, so after first to listens The Unforgivenn is not so bad, but it is absolute change of events. If I have to judge the album as a an evolution of WT than I would rate it 6, but if a separate album, not connected to band's previous works, I would probably give it an 8 (Though the lyrics are truly awful).
----
the riddle wants to be...
17.03.2011 - 10:58
HateSpark
Good to listen , but I guess it becomes boring too soon ... I give it one week
17.03.2011 - 22:58
Rating: 10
Permafrost
Wow, wow, wow. What a great album again from WT. Iron is my favorite track untill now. Maybe it's all a bit poppier but who cares when it is done this way. Sharon RULES!!!!!!!!!!!
17.03.2011 - 23:03
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Just ordered this
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.03.2011 - 23:53
Metal_4Ever
Sharon is the best vocalist i'd eva seen
20.03.2011 - 13:11
lingus99
Play dot com in the UK have a stream of the full album running. Will need to set a proxy server to hear it but that's not too difficult with Google.

I was really worried about this whole comic tie in thing, but am glad to say my worries were unfounded. When I had a listen yesterday I was instantly hooked and, IMO, I think you are looking at their best album so far.
21.03.2011 - 18:41
Keitaro333
When that electronic kick started at the beginning i was like..... wat ...
I'll give it a listen but it doesnt sound very promising. Then again, thats pretty much what i was expecting.
22.03.2011 - 01:51
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Irritable Ted on 20.03.2011 at 14:08

This is not metal anymore, not even rock really.

But I like what I have heard so far, it is not as bad as THOE, which I didn't like much as she was trying to sound like Avril Latrine. Far closer to TSF, my fav WT album.

Wasn't expecting to get this, but am tempted now. Think I may be turning in to a girl.

Haha, don't be so embarrassed.

"The Unforgiving" sort of met my expectations (being all "modern Pop-rock" and commercial) but honestly, I expected it to be worse. For the time being, I've only liked 2-3 songs on it and I definitely prefer "The Heart Of Everything" but I'll give the new album a few other tries and we shall see.

I found some of the orchestrations and choir parts on "The Unforgiving" pretty good. In addition, Sharon's voice slays! (As it usually does.) I'm not quite sure if this new record reminds me of "The Silent Force" (which also is my favourite WT album) and I don't think so, either, but it may have some elements from it...

P.S.: Weak lyrics indeed.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.03.2011 - 17:01
Enissa
Written by Irritable Ted on 20.03.2011 at 14:08

This is not metal anymore, not even rock really.

But I like what I have heard so far, it is not as bad as THOE, which I didn't like much as she was trying to sound like Avril Latrine. Far closer to TSF, my fav WT album.

Wasn't expecting to get this, but am tempted now. Think I may be turning in to a girl.

well, actually this album combines Pop-rock, with alternative rock and a bit of symphonic metal(being the least), I mean that every song has a different style....Still the album is very beautiful imo, and I was expecting the worst for it, but like you, Now Im not..!!
25.03.2011 - 17:51
mariano
Written by Elodie Artour on 22.03.2011 at 01:51

I'm not quite sure if this new record reminds me of "The Silent Force" (which also is my favourite WT album) and I don't think so, either, but it may have some elements from it...

Now that you mention "The Silent Force" I might give it a chance... that's still my favourite WT album too.
25.03.2011 - 21:32
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
This album is so bad, i can't find words to describe it. I used to love WT.
25.03.2011 - 22:23
SceneryOfLoss
And yeah, the artwork sucks x_x
25.03.2011 - 23:05
OMG ! what a commercial album !!
26.03.2011 - 07:44
Cassian
I learnt something... I should never judge something by its appearance, specifically an album artwork. Becausee this album is pleasing! I love it.

Or maybe I'm too commercal already LOL
26.03.2011 - 14:32
Rating: 4
Jeeers
Total garbage! This album is SO bad, it's unbelievable!
26.03.2011 - 14:42
Lady Margoth
Omfg. it doesn't sound like Within Temptation anymore. where is their force, their originality?
they have lost their special sound and atmosphere. it sounds like the rest of similar and boring female fronted metal bands...

Hits total: 31737 | This month: 40