07. Atomic Chapel [live]

Additional info
Release dates:

Europe: April 26
USA: April 27

Guest review by
Mindheist
Rating:
1349 - The dark year that marked the outbreak of the Black Death all over Europe wiping out half of its population - betokens also the 14-year old struggle of a Norwegian black metal quartet in the big league. 1349 were never of Immortal or Dimmu Borgir's caliber, in fact, they probably stand at the waistline of the Norwegian black metal hierarchy. Nonetheless, two of their five full-lengths, Beyond The Apocalypse and Hellfire, sired a worldwide recognition and made 1349 not just a scorned date in human history but also the name of a highly rated Norwegian black metal outfit.

Read more ››
published 22.07.2011 | Comments (6)

1349 return in spectacular form with their fifth album. "Demonoir" is back to blastbeats in the territory that 1349 executed so well with their first three albums. This album doesn't only enjoy the more extreme side of black metal, it makes the band's first three releases seem stiff and rigid in comparison. Dynamic and extreme, "Demonoir" will surely be one of the best of the year.

Baz Anderson's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: Mr. Doctor

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 433 users
20.02.2010 - 18:41
Rating: 7
prozag

The last album was very disappointing. i hope this one have something like helfire...
14.03.2010 - 22:47
MiKill

Written by prozag on 20.02.2010 at 18:41

The last album was very disappointing. i hope this one have something like helfire...

I recall Ravn saying anyone who didn't like 'Revelations of the Black Flame' should stop following the band now as they were gonna continue down that path... I quite liked 'Revelations...' but I could do with a few more actual songs next time.
16.03.2010 - 21:56
Baz Anderson

New song "Atomic Chapel" is online...
I would say a good song. The second half is really fast, very good.
30.03.2010 - 03:42
Got Mayhem?

They better not continue down the Revelations path. I seems to defy every bit of reason to do so. If they were a good 'ambient' style BM band then it wouldn't be such a big deal...but they really aren't.
----
30.03.2010 - 13:06
Baz Anderson

Samples of the whole album are on Amazon.co.uk:

link

The short ambient ones in between proper songs will get very annoying I think... but the actual songs sound great!!
26.04.2010 - 19:24
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
I liked it very much, i don't think that Revelation of the Black Flame was a bad album, but this one manages to be better. Pandemonium War Bells is a hell of a great track. Frost is a fuckin' animal behind the kit.
Bad are the pointless interludes and the awful cover.
27.04.2010 - 16:22
Baz Anderson

Fantastic album - the only problem is that there is only six songs on it.
04.05.2010 - 23:35
Got Mayhem?

Seriously...they might as well have cut out the ambient and made it into an EP or something. The music is very good but it's provided very sparingly when you really take a look at what this album is.
----
09.05.2010 - 08:38
Rating: 7
Jiri

Yeah, the ambient stuff is a little too much.

Hits total: 12488 | This month: 19