Ice Hockey

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 25.03.2010 - 16:20
Lets continue our discussion about this great sport
05.01.2014 - 22:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mattybu on 05.01.2014 at 22:10

If anyone is unconvinced about the bullshit of game management, the world junior gold medal game today proves it more. Sweden was down 2-1 against Finland for a long time, and Sweden got 5 straight power plays, at least 3 of which were absolutely phantom. And of course Sweden ties it up on the power play. If that isnt proof the refs almost always try to help the losing/hone team back into the game I don't know what is. And keep in mind I don't care at all who wins in this game.

Yes help, PP well why not if our PP sucks, and besides refs always ''help'' home team, and Swe tide up .... I did not saw can sv Fin but if Fin can win like this Canada then something ws wromgw hit can and besides I did not saw any energy left and real motivation in both Rus and Can team,s today but somehow Rus was more less fitter, Canadians was more sleepier at beggining .... this final game, we play PP not good and seeems Fin has best PP killing % at this tourtament .... game aganst Rus, those long passes and errors what Rus defende did, long passes, close to icing/offside, and then skate one to one .... it must be 4 goals so ....
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2014 - 22:31
Mattybu
Written by Bad English on 05.01.2014 at 22:21

Yes help, PP well why not if our PP sucks, and besides refs always ''help'' home team, and Swe tide up .... I did not saw can sv Fin but if Fin can win like this Canada then something ws wromgw hit can and besides I did not saw any energy left and real motivation in both Rus and Can team,s today but somehow Rus was more less fitter, Canadians was more sleepier at beggining .... this final game, we play PP not good and seeems Fin has best PP killing % at this tourtament .... game aganst Rus, those long passes and errors what Rus defende did, long passes, close to icing/offside, and then skate one to one .... it must be 4 goals so ....

Part of the reason why Canada and Russia played without motivation certainly must have been the fact that they were playing for 3rd, and both teams had higher expectations than that for themselves.

And as good as Finland's PK is, when the refs are nailing them for a penalty every 30 seconds something's gotta give. Sweden scored 2 power play goals in the finals game actually, both of which were while they trailed. I would imagine the refs will put the whistles away for OT though.
05.01.2014 - 22:49
Risto
Wandering Midget
Ristolainen sealed it for Finland!

And the second gold medal for manager Karri Kivi inside two years.
05.01.2014 - 22:53
Mattybu
Written by Risto on 05.01.2014 at 22:49

Good. They deserved that win.
05.01.2014 - 23:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mattybu on 05.01.2014 at 22:53

Written by Risto on 05.01.2014 at 22:49

Good. They deserved that win.

yes its true Can and Rus was no mottivation 3th place game ios bullshit unless its not like Germany, Norway etc
Finalands victory is good for all hockey generaly(even how pissed I am) because U 20 Swe/Rus/Can/USA are same level, then comes Fin, Suisses....Cz/Ger/Svk/Nor/Den . then rest
So its good for hockey
----

apos;'
[image]
05.01.2014 - 23:13
Mattybu
I'm not even upset about Canada losing. I think our olympic team is the one with the real potential to go macho, and to be honest a lot of the players on our junior team just seem like punks. Not to mention it got really fucking annoying hearing the constant analysis on the 16 year old dud McDavid who is supposedly better than Crosby.... Nope totally invisible/detrimental to the team basically throughout the whole tournament.
05.01.2014 - 23:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 05.01.2014 at 23:08
yes its true Can and Rus was no mottivation

I told you we wouldn't medal.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.02.2014 - 15:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I wish intense/back-and-forth hard-checking games didn't have to end in a stupid individual skills competition. The shootout is probably the worst change the NHL has ever made to the game of hockey.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.02.2014 - 16:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.02.2014 at 15:38

I wish intense/back-and-forth hard-checking games didn't have to end in a stupid individual skills competition. The shootout is probably the worst change the NHL has ever made to the game of hockey.

its whole hockey idiotims, old days were better win 2 P, draw 1 P game done, OG, WC 10min OT , who gets goal wins, no goal PP
Play offs in each leuages OT till 1th goal no metter even 3 days and play off must be till 4 wins
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2014 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Troy - after todays generation super stars will go to pension do you see future

Lets say Russia
after Ovie, Malkin, Kovalchuk and Datsyuk retires, is there such ne wplayers who can be SUCH super stars

same goes for Swe when Edler, RW players, sedins will not play... what can come, Omark and Harju did not payed back,

USA - after Crosby

Finland - Sami Salo , Teemu Salanne, Tuome Ruutu Jussi Jokkinen, Kimmo Timmonen,
I only see Grandlund

You
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2014 - 23:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 21.02.2014 at 23:54

There are always new generations of stars. You must not follow a lot of hockey if you think countries like Russia, Finland, and Sweden won't be competitive once their current batch of stars retires.

And Crosby isn't American.
----
22.02.2014 - 00:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.02.2014 at 23:58

Written by Bad English on 21.02.2014 at 23:54

There are always new generations of stars. You must not follow a lot of hockey if you think countries like Russia, Finland, and Sweden won't be competitive once their current batch of stars retires.

And Crosby isn't American.

he is canadian I know
I follow, but there what I mention is old school stars still more about others
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 00:10
Risto
Wandering Midget
Lack of new stars, eh? I mean, just look at our team winning the gold at youth worlds, Rasmus Ristolainen was an inspiration. In addition to Granlund there's Sami Vatanen (Anaheim), Alexander "Sasha" Barkov Jr. (Florida), Olli Määttä (Pittsburgh) and Antti Raanta (Chicago).
22.02.2014 - 00:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 00:01
I follow, but there what I mention is old school stars still more about others

Here's some potential future stars:

Russia: Mikhail Grigorenko, Nikita Kucherov, Valeri Nichushkin, Vladimir Tarasenko, Slava Voynov, Nail Yakupov, Nikita Zadorov

Not to mention the fact that OV and Geno still have plenty of years left in them. A slew of good-great goalies helps too, with Bobrovsky, Khudobin, and Varlamov - the oldest of which is 27.

Finland: Aleksander Barkov, Mikael Granlund, Olli Maatta, Rasmus Ristolainen, Sami Vatanen

These guys will always be stacked in net. When Kipper retired there wasn't a worry about their INT teams because they have their future goalie right now in Rask, but a lot of their other guys are also quality starters. Lehtonen and Rinne are both a little more experienced, and Niemi's always a viable option.

Swedes have such a wealth of talent already active and coming up it would take me too long to comprise all the names. Guys like Landeskog and Karlsson will help lead the way for years to come, plus you've got Brodin, Ekman-Larsson, Hedman, and Lindholm all capable of playing top-four minutes if the need arises.

Hockey across the ocean will continue to thrive, and a lot of the traditional European teams will continue to do well (with the possible exception of the Czechs and Slovaks being bumped by the likes of Switzerland - or maybe even Slovenia or Latvia).
----
22.02.2014 - 00:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yes Russia has stars but if they stay in KHL they can wanish , overprise more money simply to stay and play ....

Grandlund , Vatanen are good indeed, but seems from Fin dont come so e many drafted players anymore

Lamdeskog , Ekman-Larsson yes good names, played but theyw ont eb Forsbergs, Sundin's and such players anymore

Cz and Svk degredating, latvia well I dpoubt they will have many ozolins or Girgenosns, Lv leage is same lever as Dutch leuage (about what Marcel dont know it exist)
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 01:50
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 00:38

latvia well I dpoubt they will have many ozolins or Girgenosns, Lv leage is same lever as Dutch leuage (about what Marcel dont know it exist)

They suck and the worst - there really is like no competition since we have so few players and ice rinks, and absolutely no encouragement to even start playing hockey as kids. It always matters which part of the country you grow up in and if it's far from any big city, the possibility of actually doing any kind of sports at times is very slim. Especially for girls. If they move to another country, well, that's another story with possibly better ending regarding future in professional sports... It's remarkable we actually have a team playing in the Olympics and the World Championships, regularly.
22.02.2014 - 03:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 22.02.2014 at 01:50

latvia well I dpoubt they will have many ozolins or Girgenosns, Lv leage is same lever as Dutch leuage (about what Marcel dont know it exist)

They suck and the worst - there really is like no competition since we have so few players and ice rinks, and absolutely no encouragement to even start playing hockey as kids. It always matters which part of the country you grow up in and if it's far from any big city, the possibility of actually doing any kind of sports at times is very slim. Especially for girls. If they move to another country, well, that's another story with possibly better ending regarding future in professional sports... It's remarkable we actually have a team playing in the Olympics and the World Championships, regularly.

I wont mention my home town, you might know it and figure it out since w ehade a ice rink , its closed now, and we have nos uch winter, naturalk open air ice rinks dont works, so I wonder same, Lc champs is same shit as Ned, week, maybe little stronger since Dinamo Juniors and Kurbads is OM, Liepajas Metalurgs bancrupsy, many kids will give up after 18 .... so

but Lv U 20 second year cant go back to TOP, U 18 we will see, but I think we can struggle soon, since whole sytem is fucked, specelly youth
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 18:08
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 03:46

I wont mention my home town, you might know it and figure it out since w ehade a ice rink , its closed now, and we have nos uch winter, naturalk open air ice rinks dont works, so I wonder same, Lc champs is same shit as Ned, week, maybe little stronger since Dinamo Juniors and Kurbads is OM, Liepajas Metalurgs bancrupsy, many kids will give up after 18 .... so

Isn't that the same town Gudļevskis is from? I have never been there so I have no clue whether you (still) have an ice rink or not... Well, outdoor ice rinks DO work but this winter just doesn't. My hometown just had a new sports' hall built... without an ice rink although it was discussed before. So this is why we have shitload of guys and girls playing floorball and so few playing ice hockey or other sports where specific weather conditions/facilities are needed.
22.02.2014 - 18:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 22.02.2014 at 18:08

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 03:46

Isn't that the same town Gudļevskis is from? I have never been there so I have no clue whether you (still) have an ice rink or not... Well, outdoor ice rinks DO work but this winter just doesn't. My hometown just had a new sports' hall built... without an ice rink although it was discussed before. So this is why we have shitload of guys and girls playing floorball and so few playing ice hockey or other sports where specific weather conditions/facilities are needed.

I dunno from what town Gudlevskis is, not from mine, we have no talanted players
in old days when my old men was young eachs chool had outdoor and guys played hockey, from rejion tallanted was send to Plavinas, if they were good , Riga schools pick them up .... now soon we will playt winter watter pollo LOL
Football is cheapest, now we can play it like 8 months outside,

Swe has I dunno 300 ice rinks, in Luleå we have COOP Norbotten arena, where Luleå plays but nera are 2-3 smaller arenas for kids and training
outside viladges has outside ice rinks, but now we have no so many kids, so ... many plays on friozen waters, good tracktores clean snow from frozen rivers and lakes
Piteå has ice rink, Boden ha sice rink, Happaranda has , Pajala has, Kirina has,
Piteå struggle sin Div III but they are close go back to allsvbenkan, Happanada Apslöven ''apsu lapas in latvian, dunno in english'' are in allsvenskan and might be in elitserien play offs soon, Boden same Div III , Kalax has team , but Kalax and Happaranda are better in bandy
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 18:46
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 18:18

I dunno from what town Gudlevskis is, not from mine, we have no talanted players

Aizkraukle. Sounds familiar?
22.02.2014 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 22.02.2014 at 18:46

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 18:18

Aizkraukle. Sounds familiar?

WTF wiki says he was born there, but I never ever kbnew such guy , I dont remeber him from the school and non of younger guys remebers to ,
but seeems he was training in Ogre or Riga, so birthg place yes but opther towns make him glory
BTW his facebook, I might know his cousin
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 19:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 19:06

WTF wiki says he was born there, but I never ever kbnew such guy , I dont remeber him from the school

Let me just say... when you were in high school, he was in first grade. Did you really hang with 7-year-olds?
Well, either way, good for him.
22.02.2014 - 20:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 22.02.2014 at 19:42

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 19:06

WTF wiki says he was born there, but I never ever kbnew such guy , I dont remeber him from the school

Let me just say... when you were in high school, he was in first grade. Did you really hang with 7-year-olds?
Well, either way, good for him.

no but town was small and I knew names and I have a friends who has a 7 years older brother and ... thats how I know ,
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 22:01
Risto
Wandering Midget

Grandlund , Vatanen are good indeed, but seems from Fin dont come so e many drafted players anymore

Maybe not so much in numbers, but we've had at least one first round pick every year since 2010. Barkov even had the #1 race.

- Mikael Granlund, 9th (Minnesota, 2010)
- Joel Armia, 16th (Buffalo, 2011)
- Teuvo Teräväinen, 18th (Chicago, 2012)
- Olli Määttä, 22nd (Pittsburgh, 2012)
- Aleksander Barkov, 2nd (Florida, 2013)
- Rasmus Ristolainen, 8th (Buffalo, 2013)

Kärpät defenseman Ville Pokka is also a 2nd round pick by the New York Islanders in 2012 (34th). Raanta was undrafted though.
22.02.2014 - 22:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 22.02.2014 at 22:01

Maybe not so much in numbers, but we've had at least one first round pick every year since 2010. Barkov even had the #1 race.

- Mikael Granlund, 9th (Minnesota, 2010)
- Joel Armia, 16th (Buffalo, 2011)
- Teuvo Teräväinen, 18th (Chicago, 2012)
- Olli Määttä, 22nd (Pittsburgh, 2012)
- Aleksander Barkov, 2nd (Florida, 2013)
- Rasmus Ristolainen, 8th (Buffalo, 2013)

Kärpät defenseman Ville Pokka is also a 2nd round pick by the New York Islanders in 2012 (34th). Raanta was undrafted though.

but less n less finns play in NHL, but wasnt like some 10 years ago more drafts ??=?
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2014 - 22:11
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 22:06

but less n less finns play in NHL, but wasnt like some 10 years ago more drafts ??=?

All but one of those first round picks currently play in North America (all of them will eventually play in the NHL I'm sure). Can't recall the amount of picks from 10 years back, but of course that's most likely the time when the goaltenders made a draft pick invasion
22.02.2014 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 22.02.2014 at 22:11

Written by Bad English on 22.02.2014 at 22:06

All but one of those first round picks currently play in North America (all of them will eventually play in the NHL I'm sure). Can't recall the amount of picks from 10 years back, but of course that's most likely the time when the goaltenders made a draft pick invasion

today many try go to KHL look at cz and Svk, KHL you need pat dobble so more simply to libe in Moscow, 4 times more in Sibiria so its degeredation
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2014 - 21:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
It's too bad about Peverley. Unfortunately this might be the same as Fischer's situation in that he's forced to retire early. This might be his first serious incident but he's struggled with poor heart conditions for a long time now and even underwent surgery for it last year. I'm glad he won a Cup before this happened - he worked a lot harder than most to make it to (and stay in) the NHL.
----
12.03.2014 - 22:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.03.2014 at 21:56

It's too bad about Peverley. Unfortunately this might be the same as Fischer's situation in that he's forced to retire early. This might be his first serious incident but he's struggled with poor heart conditions for a long time now and even underwent surgery for it last year. I'm glad he won a Cup before this happened - he worked a lot harder than most to make it to (and stay in) the NHL.

yes and same as that guy who's boddy was found in a car RIP
I hope Peverly and also ne whabs player french ''talant'' who is in hospital wont end carears but in football, amies call it in name sucker not football, played died, more often from heart attacks, last IMNO in hockey as I remeber in game time died was Sergey Zoltok
----

apos;'
[image]
13.03.2014 - 00:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.03.2014 at 21:56

yeah, horrible. really liked his contribution to the B's run. one of the guys i wish nothing but the best for. hope it works out for him.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!