Ice Hockey

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 25.03.2010 - 16:20
Lets continue our discussion about this great sport
17.03.2020 - 22:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IIHF cancels Division I tournaments
https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wmia/news/18320/iihf-cancels-division-i-tournaments

Same time main tournament in higer level glus on, its Weird to me whole Suisse is isolatted, borders are closed, its in May, its not like we go back to life, but well af32 weeks Yes, but its big gamble i hope they make desision this week
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.03.2020 - 19:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
2020 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship cancelled
https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm/news/18344/2020-iihf-ice-hockey-world-championship-cancelled
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2020 - 23:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rumors, Suisse might get 2021 wc what supose to be in latvia and belarus.

2022 Finland, 2023 russia, 2024 cechia, and 2025 sweden, denmark. Now it can be each countries has year later or go ahead as planned but latvia and belarus lose right. Its rummors
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2021 - 13:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So Belarus lost this WC ''because cant garantee safty vof players'' as corona, not real reason Lukasenko, Latvia will still host it, but secon country? IIHF are jokers they could stop long time ago, when fix new place was easyer. Now well what can I say? When Nivea, Skoda as sponsors refuse sponsor group in Belarus, they re act. Sweden, Finland, big nations could boycot it, then they re act. I stand whit NHL, dont like this IIHF friendship whit Russia. Due corona sport can happen only EU and save countries. Belarus, Russia, ukraine, Moldova are long road from safe. Just saying. I had nothing aganst last WC in Minsk years ago, it was one of best. I saw way Lukashenko makes some better realatinship whit EU, but now after brutal riots in Belarus. BTW belarus hockeyt federation chairman, did beat one protester who died later....just saing, not acceptable.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2021 - 08:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After one year Hiatus (fuckyoucorona) Hockey WC has returned in Riga, Latvia. It suppose be in Latvia and Mins, Belarus.
But when Lukaseno tried beat a shit of protesters, and Belarus Ice Hockey Federation President beat a protester. even then IIHF (they usually like Russia ) did not wanna take away. In belarus covid is like, dont exist according to state. When Skoda and Nivea told they wont sponsor IIHF, only then they take away championship from Minsk. Money talks.
Because of they fuck up, Riga had hard organize 2 groups.

Anyway.
Olymoic team from Russia (I like that name, those can not use their name because of dopping where Putin order state use and cove rit up), I wish ban was harder, they be disqualified 4 years , and then use that name until Russia admits.

Anyway ROT 20 seconds before end killed Czceh Rep.

This is every team has maybe 10 - 20 debutants, because best NHL players due quarantine and bouble wont play

Latvia 2-0 Canada
What a miricla. Anybody remembers Olympics in Sochi , Russia when 1/4 final Kriters Gudlevskis (that time in Tampa Bay Lightning) make Canada struggle so much that he Canada hardy won 2-1 I think and goals came like pain in the ass. I say it was one og biggest miracles in Latvian hockey history.
Other one was in 2000 in St. Peterburg where Latvia 3-2 when Arturs Irbe was in goal. They destroyed Russia and Russia as host was last in second stage group, did not enter in play offs. I think it was first n last time when they did not quallify for medal games. They NHL stars as Pavel Bure, Viktor Kozlov, Alexei Yashin, Maxim Afinogenov, Sergei Gonchar, Alexei Kudashov, Ilya Bryzgalov. Maybe best team on paper what they had, well well.

This Latvia game against Canada is miracle, but I would say next game Kazakstan today .... might be loose, emotions. I say if Latvia will win Finland (I do not doubt they will go on medal games). If Latvia will win quarterfinal Swe, Cz or Rus, no doubt those will be there, and go to semies, I will say its miricle.

Good Latvian fovement decide let fans enter arena,
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2021 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Denmark 4-3 Sweden
LOL it was a chatatrofic game, slow, no tempo. Denmark wanted play that because if we speed, we have they have no chances to do nothing. Its like Italy in football wants slow game, if team what likes attack as England plays slow, there are no chances to won.

Sweden might end in group, because now we need rape big boys as Russian Olympic Organisation team , Cz and few big ones, to get back 3 points we lose.

Latvia 2-3 PP Kazakstan
Game was lost near edges, they did block, cover, hasr to get puck in front, and even dirty , blind shots did not work. Latvia got goal, Kaz came back, but they did not play at friday, Latvia did play at friday aganst Canada. 2 games 4 points, logic would be win Kaz, loose to Can and 3 points. More a slogic, so....
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2021 - 18:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Swede 0-1 Belarus.
Horible game, no emotions no way , no motivation, just skating per season game. Maybe coach should leave? I remember in Salt Lake City OG Belarus won 3-4 when Volodimir Kopot shot hmm 3 min before end and Tommy Salo (RIP) did not catch it. This Sweden's team is maybe team 3 , not even 2. Belarus has 90% of main players, but still. Well. Sweden has small chances, needs win Big boys now.

EDIt Belarus oppositional was in Ryanair, Atenas - Riga their fighter jet force them land in Minsk. I hope IIHF will band Belarus and Russia from tormenter.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2021 - 18:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Bad English on 23.05.2021 at 18:36

Tommy Salo (RIP)

You know he's still alive, right?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.05.2021 - 18:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.05.2021 at 18:41

Written by Bad English on 23.05.2021 at 18:36

Tommy Salo (RIP)

You know he's still alive, right?

Yes, I mix it up, it was Stefan Liv what died.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2021 - 18:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Bad English on 23.05.2021 at 18:43

Ya, sad story. I never understood why the Wings didn't try to shop him around more since they never had an opening in the NHL for him with Hasek, Osgood, Legace, and then Howard stepping in.

I think there were more than a few teams in the early 2000s who could have used a top-league Swedish goalie in his prime.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.05.2021 - 18:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.05.2021 at 18:47

Written by Bad English on 23.05.2021 at 18:43

Ya, sad story. I never understood why the Wings didn't try to shop him around more since they never had an opening in the NHL for him with Hasek, Osgood, Legace, and then Howard stepping in.

I think there were more than a few teams in the early 2000s who could have used a top-league Swedish goalie in his prime.

Karlis Skrastins was on that plain to, after Dallas Stars, (he was one year ion your fav team btw) ...Pavol Demitra, 3 stars died that time plus Russian players.
Its like
Torino Calcio and Manchester United. There was some Chilian or Argntinian football, rugby team what has crushed as well.
----

apos;'
[image]
23.05.2021 - 19:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Bad English on 23.05.2021 at 18:52

Karlis Skrastins

He was actually pretty decent for us on the back end even though he wasn't much help on offense. Just a big solid guy with no fear.

And he spent more than just one season with the Avs
----
23.05.2021 - 19:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.05.2021 at 19:02

Written by Bad English on 23.05.2021 at 18:52

Karlis Skrastins

He was actually pretty decent for us on the back end even though he wasn't much help on offense. Just a big solid guy with no fear.

And he spent more than just one season with the Avs

Iron man when he plaid he never miss a match it was 680 I think games in a row in NHL.
Then you remember Sandis Ozolins and Peter Forsberg to?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.05.2021 - 23:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Latvia won over Italy in hard fame where 1 nothing was to 57th minute.

Canada lost against Germany, now play off spot is away, but still chances.

Sweden won against Suisse in gard, energy full game.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2021 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So group stage is over. Since in Div1,2,3 championship did not tock a place, no relegation. But I am happy Belarus is last in group, I wish they be banned. Great Britain is higher, in normal year Belarus would be out

Group A:
ROC, Suisse, Cz, Slovakia / Sweden, Denmark, GB, Belarus

It was first time since 1992 Sweden did lose and not enter in 1/4. From 1992 Sweden maybe one in 7 years miss semi's. So its tragedy but not. Its corona blame. No time train, play season and all was messed up, 2 games what we lose against Denmark and Belarus there we go we wussed away 6 points. One win would bring us in.

Group B:
USA, Finland, Canada, Germany / Kazakstan, Latvia, Norway, Italy
Thanks to Germany leading nation goes to quarters.
Latvia, 209 years ago Latvia could skate over 10-0 teams as Norge, Denmark, Suisse, Germany, Italy,. France. Now they hardly can win Italy and France.
In 20 years, those 4 countries bult ice rinks. (now even in Alaska, Canada, Russia, Finland and Sweden you can not play season in open air ice rinks), start work whit youth, make leagues good, ask foreigners to join. NationalLiga A, DEL are prestige leagues. In Norge and Denmark leages maybe are not better, but French and Italian top level is higher as Latvian. Best Norwegians and Danish play in Sweden(some Finland) , they use Swedish coaches, good youth system and that's key factor. In those countries parents mayeb pay 15 eurs per month for child can train in Latvia it can be 200. Latvia has no coaches, modern experts and people what can work whit youth. Best sucsess stories are youth travel to N America, Suisse or Scandinavia to get some potential to play.
To me KHL is soviet russia politBureau invetion. Dinamo Riga each year delivers less and less players to team latvia and like 7 years are last in KHL? Why play.
We had Ted Nollan, Miracle in Sochi Olympics. Now we had 3 years Bob Hartley. We need ask foregner coaches to work whit youth.
Intersting Rihards Marenis from Kirina Tier 3 in Sweden did place.
Rodrigo Abols , plays in Örebro.
3 good golaies Jānis Kalniņ? from Jokerit Heliinki
Columbus Blue Jackets goaly Elvis Merzlikins (deals equal time whit Finlands Joonas Korpisalo), when Joonas Korpisalo are injured from AHL some games Matīss Kivlenieks goes to goal. Otehrwise in AHL Cleveland Monsters. Boat goalkeepers did their way in NHL from Suisse Elvis Merzļikins from HC Lugano, Ivars Punnenovs(ddarfer get play in Latvia (SCL Tigers, and Rapperswil-Jona Lakers)
Matīss Kivlenieks fought way from N American leuages.
2 players plays in NHL they refused one play offs, other no good contract.
Teodors Bļugers in Pitsburg Peungvins and plays well, fought way up to from lowel N American Leagues.
Rūdolfs Balcers from Norway Stavanger Oilers fought way up to Ottawa Senators and traded to San Jose Sharks.
This is way Sweden, Suisse, such way you get fight, not marinate in local or rus leuage.

1/4 Finals
ROC - Canada
Canada started bad, usually n Americans comes to Europe whit families, now you can not, best refused. New blood, I believe they are hungry and can kill Russians. I get orgasm when Russia loose in hockey, its be hard but they can.

Finland - Cz
To me Finland is best team what works best as one machine, they will defend tittle. Cz hockey regress year by year, so they still can play but not so good. Finns are edgy, good skater, play dirty if they need.

USA - Slovakia
Slovakia ha snot been in 1/4 many many years, now they are there, but USA this is game what USA should take, but slovaks did won ROC. So hard to tell, but I swinging to USA

Suisse - Germany
Derby game, fats, n american style, attacks, edges , good tempo, combination, in speed its equal chances, tactics, Suisse goes for Suisse.
----

apos;'
[image]
04.06.2021 - 12:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ROC 1-2 OT Canada
What a game, and it ended good. Goal what Canadians score in OT is from Jaromir Jagr days when he was young in early 90's, we dont see such goals today often.

Finland 1-0 Cz Game where one goal nerv, precise defense decided all

USA 6-1 Slovakia
No comments, logic

Suisse 2-3 PP Germany
Surprise because Suisse is better team, but same time what did was in last Olympic final where Russia bought victory(plan was ban them) never mind. German did play well there , now they show how good they can play again.

Semies
USA - Canada
Hard to tell, boat teams will fight and has reached almost max condition

Finland - Germany
I hope that this would be final, but winner here would take Gold.-
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2021 - 00:25
Metal Rasputin
Cheers to my Canadian friends, it was a great match and your team won fair and square. Hopefully we'll have as exciting rematch next year.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
07.06.2021 - 22:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Semies:
USA 2-4 Canada
Well close game, but in N America derby 99% Canadians win, even whit this team, since USA has same team.

Finland 2-1 Germany
Finland did plaid as Italy football, good tactically defense and use contra attacks and German defenders made horrible mistakes, then they had chance come back, but Finland simply was way to good

3th place
USA 6-1 Germany
No coments, simply USA was better ,

FINAL
Canada 3.2 OT Finland
Last final replay just other team won, close tide game, I think Finland in next 2-4 years might take Swedens place in ranks and final places, good oiled machine, good skills, best team if we look at home players what play in Europem Sweden, Russia, Suisse stands betterm but Finland as team, as machine did it.

Next WC next year in
Helsinki Group A: Canada, ROC, Germany, Suisse, Slovakia, Denmark, Kazakstan, Italy ( I hope Italy stays Kaz goes out, Dic 1,2,3 should happen
Tampere Group B: Finlandd, USA, Cz, Sweden, Latvia, Norway, Belarus, UK (I hope Belarus be banned but if no UK can handle and stay, Belarus goes out)
----

apos;'
[image]
29.06.2021 - 14:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So Montreal Canadians are in final first time since 1993 and they lost firts game agansst Tampa Bay Lightings 5-1
6 games to go I hope Habs will win. I like see Canadian teams are winning , last time was in 1993 when Canadians won... I hope it will happen.
----

apos;'
[image]
07.07.2021 - 09:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Columbus Blue Jackets goalie Matiss Kivlenieks, 24, dies in fireworks accident

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31764017/columbus-blue-jackets-goalie-matiss-kivlenieks-24-dies-tragic-accident

Such a tragic loss. One prommising goalies of new generation, such a tragic lose. Latvia has tragic lost Sargey Zholtok hear failure, Karlis Skrastins plain crash, and Ksspars Astasenko from drug overdose.... Last lose was tragic. Pyro is dangerous, Sweden might be first what will ban it.
----

apos;'
[image]
04.10.2021 - 08:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
IIHF elects Luc Tardif as new president

https://theathletic.com/news/iihf-elects-luc-tardif-as-new-president/aHhy560pyOFV

Whit all do respect to France, but how came they get the chair, and France is not even hockey country.

Petr Briza, Franz Reindl Luc Tardif , could be better, Nordic people as Henke Bach Nielsen
Nordeners might have harsher iron fist to some countries as Belarus , maybe even band, I dont think France has guts to do it, but in own interests Belarus out FRance has chance bigger chance stay tin top level.
----

apos;'
[image]
31.12.2021 - 11:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After 2022 world juniors championship start due corona out brake IIHF canceled a tourmenet. I was against it , sorry if you're fine, just tested positive why you can not play. So far non player was hospitalized. Sweden started well, and Top level temporally will have 11 teams not 10 because level level championships do not take place

It might be re plaid in a summer after WC in Finland, even players what will be over 20 and was in a team can play then.

Good starts for Sweden, shamed hard a fav team Russia. I am disappointed to this ....
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2022 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rumor. Jokerit Helsinki might leave KHL and go back to SM Liiga or Liiga what it calls now. Their ultras and supporter club demands it and starts act against Russian owner.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.02.2022 - 22:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 22.02.2022 at 20:11

Rumor. Jokerit Helsinki might leave KHL and go back to SM Liiga or Liiga what it calls now. Their ultras and supporter club demands it and starts act against Russian owner.

Edit.
Hockey legend Jari Kurri bought it from russians...
----

apos;'
[image]
23.02.2022 - 11:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Some Latvian politicians suggest that Dinamo Riga must leave KHL, I agree whit them, has not give any progress to Latvian hockey only Sochi Olympic, rest is equal results. Last 8 years they buy players not try use local as deal whit LHF was in begging.
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2022 - 07:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Champions league are over Rögle Ängelholm 2-1 Tappara Tampere in Final. First tittle for Rögle, even I dont like soother Swedens hockey teams, but good we won.
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2022 - 17:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
2021–22 IIHF Continental Cup has new winners. Its super bad outsider international Europeian hockey tourmenet where play not hoceky nations as Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian even Span champions and so on.
It has groups each winner gets to next stage. Stage 2 I had interests in Latvian HK Olimp/Venta 2002, they won group whit Sokil Kyiv, Ferencvárosi TC and Tartu Välk 494. It was host in Budapest. (I leave other groups and first round out. In stage 3 in Aalborg they were last and missed Final, Aalborg Pirates won following, HK Gomel and Sheffield Steelers. It has objective to Latvian club hockey, even still be last here is sucsess to them.

Final was plaid in Aalborg and since sanctions affianst Russian, Belarussian teams came from Russian war crimes in Ukraine Belarusian team HK Gomel was banned, and Cracovia from Poland won. Its suprise to me, I thought Kazakstan Saryarka Karagandy will take it , Aalborg be second, if no ban then Gomel would win. They are on paper stronger team, now Polish team won place on next years hockey champions league whit Rögle BK Ängelholm as champions ,
Suisse :EV Zug(Regular season winners), HC Fribourg-Gottéron(Regular season runners-up),
Cz: Mountfield HK (Regular season winners)
Oceláři Třinec( Regular season runners-up)
Austrians :Red Bull Salzburg(Regular season winners),
Villach SV( Regular season runners-up)

More as 40 teams from Sweden, (5), Suisse(5), Germany(4), Finland (4), Czech (3), Austrain kleauge (3) and 1 from UK, France, Slovakia, Norway, Poland, Danmark and Ukraine (if theyw ill play next season, if no Sweden might get extra team since Rögle won)
Note: Russian teams rejected offer and never wanted participate in this tournament)

I like it , European games and FTA on TV you dont need pay extra.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.03.2022 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To next 2 years Russia has been banned from Euro tour, replaced by the Switzerland. Sweden, Finland, Chech and now Suisse. I am happy Suisse can give more to hockey as Russia can, and level is equal, maybe Russia has a bit better, but those spoer sanctions can drag near their level youth level, since hockey ice rink costs and elecicuty to, big companies can't anyone donate to hockey. I believe Suisse should stay in this Euro tour and I believe if ban be lifted, russians might have been hard to find someone who want to play whit them, because hockey is not football where you don't get France, but Bulgaria and it ok. So happy news to me.
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2022 - 07:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
World Juniors what was canceled because of covcid will be re plaid in this summer, Russia are replaced whit Latvia in highest group and no relegation.

Men WC in Finland this may, Russia and Belorussia are banned and they are replaced whit 2 higher ranking teams France and Austria, IIHF dont know when they can return but in next 2 years no. Only solution be start from Div 4 and play and win. It means one team needs max 6 years (Belarus maybe 7 years and who knows if they stuck). Level of quality will die in a band, and those weaker group games are in when most leuges are play ofs so get best players. But in those country are regimes so they can order teams give players,
----

apos;'
[image]
09.04.2022 - 19:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A tragedy or something, Djurgården IF is relegated to Hockey Allsvenskan. It's tragic, but we will have a Stockholm derby again, i remember in Hovet Pyro fight and shit. AIK vs Djurgården is back. Hammarby struggled to come in top even tier 3 in hockey. I am afraid Djurgården can have same, AIK also that corona year season stop saved their ases from relegation to Hockey Ettan.

Teams as Malmö, Rögle, Växjö, Oskarshamn go out, not historic teams,

Damn another tragedy is MoDo Örnsköldsvik vs Björklöven Umeå, another fuck corona when we did not withesed a Västerbotten vs Västernorrland derby. Now they meat in semies and in another HV71 Vs Karlskoga.. HV71 is another historic team what was relegated to SHL 2 years ago or last and fight back. Final be hard fight, but I hope MoDo or Björklöven manage it.

Btw Luleå got place in hockey champions leuge as regular seasons runner up. They won Örebro 4-1 in a series and are in semi final. Rögle won.
----

apos;'
[image]