09. Revel In Contempt
10. A Critical Mass
11. Global Hysteria
12. Slaves Of Consent
13. On The Brink [digipak bonus]
14. Thrashard [D.R.I. cover] [digipak bonus]

(Death) Thrash metal
Recorded: Soundlodge Studio, Germany 2010
Label: Metal Blade (Europe)/Prosthetic Records (N. America)
Total Running Time: 52:44

By now the name Dew-Scented shouldn't be something entirely new to you, as Invocation is already the band's eight studio album in fourteen years that starts with the letter I. And if this is indeed your first time, well, be terrified and hold on to your effin' ass with both hands. Dew-Scented stand for (death) thrash metal that will make you smack your fist right through this screen. Always have been, always will be.

And that's exactly my first remark; with Dew-Scented you only need to read and agree to the Terms of Service once, as they seemingly span the band's entire career. So almost by convention, Invocation is another avalanche of riffs made of lava that turn the album into a huge inferno right from the start (read: after the obligatory intro). And if you're familiar with this band, you know what kind of explosive blizzard is coming your way, so get those bomb shelters ready.

This doesn't mean Dew-Scented are becoming as predictable as a CSI: wherever episode. These guys just stick to what they can do best, which is covering that unstoppable urge to bang your head furiously to consistently solid (death) thrash metal. Okay, they don't bring much new or special to the table - even though this is a step-up to 2007's Incinerate. Yet this band delivers. Be it in a textbook fashion.

Here's another reason why I'll never get bored with this band. Tighter than Megan Fox's ass, each razor-sharp tune is like a shot of steroids mixed with cocaine. Pretty sure you can kill a small elephant with just one Dew-Scented song.

When this aggression boost is over, and you're standing there, drenched in sweat, mouth wide open, gasping for breath, shirt ripped to shreds, and the place smashed to smithereens, you realize this good-to-very-good release has taught you the hard way that Dew-Scented are still a powerful force to be reckoned with. Get it? Got it? Good.

Written by Thryce | 11.06.2010

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 108 users
12.06.2010 - 17:31
Rating: 8
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
V entertaining review from you as usual. I have not heard of them before, but I will check them out

EDIT: v fun album. Thanks!
----
loves 小巫
12.06.2010 - 22:12
Fane
Simply said, a good album with great riffs? No, I'm not saying this is a bad review, but honestly: bad jokes don't belong to a good album's review.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
13.06.2010 - 02:48
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Review lacks objectivity
14.06.2010 - 18:00
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Very entertaining read there Thryce. I'm not that familiar with the band, but it sounds like I might like it.

@paulo f: well reviews are subjective, being the opinion of the author
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.06.2010 - 14:23
Rating: 9
Tatras
There can't be soething like objective review...
Album is great, best thrash album of 2010 for now.

Hits total: 6370 | This month: 6