Metal Storm logo
Suggested Bands

20.06.2010 - 17:18
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
When looking through suggested bands I see that some have 15 or more +'s, why aren't these bands added? or how many +'s does it take to add a band?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.06.2010 - 17:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.06.2010 at 17:18

When looking through suggested bands I see that some have 15 or more +'s, why aren't these bands added? or how many +'s does it take to add a band?

There is not specifical limit there van be 100 and band still wont be here it shood be metal moustly and for example even NS band get 1000 it wont be here, so be patiance
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2010 - 17:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff members make the decisions in regards to adding bands from the suggestion list. The more +s usually indicates more fans, meaning their profile will be filled sooner rather than a band with only 2 +s., making it an easier choice for us to add (for the most part).

Oftentimes there are bands added that receive about 50 votes but don't adhere to the guidelines enough to be added. You can always PM certain Staff members who might have a soft spot for a band you want to suggest, but that isn't a guarantee.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.06.2010 - 17:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Alright still 50 is quite alot dont you think?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.06.2010 - 14:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, what the users often don't realize is that we try to add the suggested bands in 'waves'. We want everyone to have the time to fill in the profiles, so we're adding them in small waves. Accepting 200 bands at the same time would either result in a HUGE queue of edits (and many waiting users) or loads and loads of empty band profiles. We don't like either option.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.06.2010 - 16:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dunno how you guys but I when suggest a band, when its accepted I imediatly try edd all info whats possible find about band, so generaly small band 10min, big like Alice Cooper might take 5h or days
----

apos;'
[image]
28.06.2010 - 19:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Same thing K7; when I add a profile I try to fill it in completely (or as close to complete as possible). However, some people just want their favorite bands added (along with their discography) so they can update their collection/ratings.

Some people like seeing their comm. points skyrocket and suggest as many bands as possible in order to later rape their profile with inaccuracies. Props to the users who fill in information with official sources.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.06.2010 - 21:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.06.2010 at 19:00

Same thing K7; when I add a profile I try to fill it in completely (or as close to complete as possible). However, some people just want their favorite bands added (along with their discography) so they can update their collection/ratings.

I do it man, I search, read bio, but if there is no bio years I left it emty, better emty how uncorect, so as far 95% of my eddis where is info all info shood be correct
----

apos;'
[image]