10. Judas Priest
11. Crawl
12. The Constant
13. Revolution Screams
14. New Noise [Refused cover] [bonus]

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
I contracted my first case of Anthrax in '87 when a friend started blaring "I'm The Man!" in his truck one night. Was hoping for the best on this album? and went back nearly 25 years for the inspiration for this review.

Hit play and sing along!

Now they're Anthrax and they take no shit
Over the last three years had eight vocalists

Read more ››
published 15.09.2011 | Comments (61)

Guest review by
Iron Nostarion
Rating:
Eight years have passed since Anthrax, the so-called "kings of mosh", last released a studio album. Although their heavy metal shift (from their thrash origins) wasn't causing much anticipation for this album at first, several announcements and the return of Joey Belladonna, as well as the online promotional release of the excellent track "Fight 'Em Til You Can't", caused this album to be one of the most anticipated metal albums of the year. A decent amount of people were expecting it to be a groundbreaking thrash metal album, including myself, and most others at least expected it to be a somehow solid release.

Read more ››
published 21.09.2011 | Comments (13)

Guest review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Let us get this out of the way immediately: yes, it's true, Worship Music only has about three thrash songs on it. Yes, "Fight 'Em 'Till You Can't" bears some striking similarities to "Gridlock" off of Persistence Of Time. Joey Belladonna is overdubbed a lot. Most of the album is slow or mid-paced. Essentially, this album is different. It is not the same Anthrax that Joey left In 1992. If you hit 'play' expecting to hear "Indians" or "Time," you will be sadly disappointed. However, on its own merits, Worship Music is a masterpiece.

Read more ››
published 24.12.2011 | Comments (51)

Guest review by
s7mon
Rating:
"At last!" one might shout being finally able to lay hands on the newest Anthrax effort, Worship Music. Eight long years we waited for some new material. Well, alright, new material released officially on CD. It's easy to assume that the role of this album - apart from bringing some good music of course - was to prove that Anthrax didn't vanish and are still here to remind the youngsters what thrashing is all about. Did they manage to do it? Well...

Read more ››
published 01.02.2012 | Comments (2)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 148   Visited by: 1223 users
21.06.2010 - 05:40
Rating: 7
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Damn! They had seven freaking years to work in this album and now they have Joey Belladona with them, so, I'm going to get really angry if this turns to be utter shit >:[

I just want some top-notch Thrash metal from them, is too much what I'm asking for?
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
22.06.2010 - 16:31
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'm with ya. Hoping this will be good.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.06.2010 - 18:42
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Is Joey Belladonna back in the band?
04.08.2010 - 06:50
SatyriconChick
Yes!!! I was a huge, HUGE Anthrax fan back in high school and early college. I pretty much worshiped them until Joey left the band. If he's on vocals on this upcoming album, I'm definitely getting it! And, might I add, I was bouncing off the walls when I heard he was actually rejoining them!
28.09.2010 - 01:10
90IRONMAIDEN
SWEET Joey COME BACK:banger2::banger2::banger2:
----
KISS ARMY/THRASH METAL FAN'S WILL NEVER DIE!
07.11.2010 - 01:18
Metalbound7
Yeah! Vampires, i listened to that song with Dan Nelson on the vocals, i always thought this could be a great song with Joey on the vocals, now. is just about time!
07.11.2010 - 22:48
SlaytanicGonzo
I absolutely adore Belladonna-era Anthrax. But I don't like AT ALL the John Bush era. Joey beign back in the band was the best metal news in 2010 for me.
Still, I don't have high hopes for this album, mainly because it was composed with Bush on mind. It'll probably be more alternative metal than thrash. I think they should scrap the full album and start from scratch
08.11.2010 - 02:02
Rating: 9
Angelic Storm
Melodious
After hearing Joey singing "Fight Em' Till You Can't", I now at last have some faith that the new album might be decent. With him singing, it just sounds like "Anthrax". I had long given up on them, but now Im actually looking forward to the new stuff! Charlier and Scott were numpties for ever letting Joey go.
05.03.2011 - 19:31
John Shock
I still have hope to this becoming album to be a big peace of an anthrax album! I hope joey keeps that strong voice that he did on the DVD The Big 4! I Love that voice men, it looks like a mix of Iron Maiden with Power Metal style but a better voice, offcourse!
20.03.2011 - 23:37
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Can't wait for this. With Belladonna back, I have high expectations.
21.03.2011 - 00:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Although this album is in serious danger of becoming thrash metal's answer to "Chinese Democracy", (I mean, it's been 8 years since their last album, it's getting a bit ridiculous now! lol) with Joey back at the helm, Im cautiously optimistic that this is going to be a good one. xD
25.04.2011 - 10:46
ajohns1
Account deleted
Joey or John Bush. Makes no differance to me as long as It's not Dan Nelson. ughh!
06.06.2011 - 20:33
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.03.2011 at 00:08

Although this album is in serious danger of becoming thrash metal's answer to "Chinese Democracy", (I mean, it's been 8 years since their last album, it's getting a bit ridiculous now! lol) with Joey back at the helm, Im cautiously optimistic that this is going to be a good one. xD

What if it turns out to be thrash metal's answer to "Time".
25.06.2011 - 00:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ Even that has a long way to go, before it catches up to "Chinese Democracy" in terms of the long wait.

Woah, it seems like one of the new songs is going to be called "Judas Priest". lol Ive just been reading an interview with Charlie and he says "... there's a song called "Judas Priest" - it may change, but we like that title, because Judas Priest has called it quits, and it's going to be the last hurrah for them. We wanted to dedicate that song to them." That is very kewl, I hope they choose to keep that title!
28.06.2011 - 11:57
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.06.2011 at 00:02

^^ Even that has a long way to go, before it catches up to "Chinese Democracy" in terms of the long wait.

Woah, it seems like one of the new songs is going to be called "Judas Priest". lol Ive just been reading an interview with Charlie and he says "... there's a song called "Judas Priest" - it may change, but we like that title, because Judas Priest has called it quits, and it's going to be the last hurrah for them. We wanted to dedicate that song to them." That is very kewl, I hope they choose to keep that title!

and i read something about they're gonna release something more before break up!!!
28.06.2011 - 13:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 28.06.2011 at 11:57
and i read something about they're gonna release something more before break up!!!

Yep, they have been working on a new album since late last year. The only thing they are stopping doing is world tours. The current "Epitaph" world tour will be their last.
29.06.2011 - 15:38
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.06.2011 at 13:07

Written by John Shock on 28.06.2011 at 11:57

Yep, they have been working on a new album since late last year. The only thing they are stopping doing is world tours. The current "Epitaph" world tour will be their last.

Yap...Judas Priest rules \m/...specialy Painkiller album
13.07.2011 - 13:43
JD
Account deleted
They covered "We Die Young" am definitely gonna listen to this one.
14.07.2011 - 02:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 14.07.2011 at 01:21

4 5 6 7 songs are just kick ass!

\m/

You've heard them? Can you post a link, or send me a PM with the songs please? lol
14.07.2011 - 02:26
Rating: 8
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.07.2011 at 02:16

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 14.07.2011 at 01:21

4 5 6 7 songs are just kick ass!

\m/

You've heard them? Can you post a link, or send me a PM with the songs please? lol

mhm
26.07.2011 - 23:02
AXA
I cant wait ,,, hope will awesome album for this year
10.08.2011 - 10:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I've just listened to another new song from the album "The Devil You Know", and it's awesome! It has some very catchy riffs, and it's great to hear Joey's melodic vocals in Anthrax again.
25.08.2011 - 18:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
OMG OMG OMG Oh my god oh my god aaaaaahhhh so happy !!!!!!!!!!!!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.08.2011 - 15:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
"Fight 'Em Til You Can't" always listen to this stuff sounds me like a funny Metal!!! but on the other side "The Devil You Know" is kickass!!!
02.09.2011 - 18:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I listened to both "Fight Em Til You Can't" and "The Devil You Know" on headphones for the first time this morning, and they sounded amazing! My crappy laptop speakers really didn't do the songs justice!

Just heard "I'm Alive" earlier, and although the sound was low quality, it still sounded like it's a good song. xD I really can't wait to hear "Earth On Hell" which according to reviews I've read, is the real thrasher on the album!
02.09.2011 - 18:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Way too modern sounding for me this one. SOme of the songs would have been better with John Bush on vocals
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2011 - 18:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2011 at 18:16

Way too modern sounding for me this one. SOme of the songs would have been better with John Bush on vocals

Hmm... I kinda feel the opposite. lol If John Bush had sung on these songs, I think they'd have sounded even more modern.... Joey has a classic melodic metal voice that stops the songs from sounding too modern, and more like classic heavy metal. I love John Bush's vocals, but for me, Joey has always been the right voice for Anthrax, and I'm glad it's him on the album! Hope I can hear the whole thing soon. xD
02.09.2011 - 18:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.09.2011 at 18:22

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2011 at 18:16

Hmm... I kinda feel the opposite. lol If John Bush had sung on these songs, I think they'd have sounded even more modern.... Joey has a classic melodic metal voice that stops the songs from sounding too modern, and more like classic heavy metal. I love John Bush's vocals, but for me, Joey has always been the right voice for Anthrax, and I'm glad it's him on the album! Hope I can hear the whole thing soon. xD

Some of the songs NOT all It is clear a couple of songs were written with Bush in mind.
And Bush is imo the superior vocalist of the two, especially in the lower regions. Joey is too much of a thrash screamer at times. Bush is brilliant for classic heavy metal (just listen to Armored Saint)
For me Joey had his high point for Anthrax on Spreading The Disease and went downhill after that (as did Anthrax btw)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2011 - 18:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2011 at 18:24
Some of the songs NOT all It is clear a couple of songs were written with Bush in mind.
And Bush is imo the superior vocalist of the two, especially in the lower regions. Joey is too much of a thrash screamer at times. Bush is brilliant for classic heavy metal (just listen to Armored Saint)
For me Joey had his high point for Anthrax on Spreading The Disease and went downhill after that (as did Anthrax btw)

Some of the songs? Have you heard the whole album?

I think Joey and John are pretty much equal in their vocal abilities, and they have very different styles, so it's hard to compare them like that... lol I'm a big fan of Armored Saint, so Im well aware that John can sing classic heavy metal! hehe I merely meant that Joey has a completely clean voice, whereas John has a rasping quality and can inject more aggression into his vocals. What made Anthrax stand out so much for me in the 80's was Joey's classic melodic metal vocals contrasting with these really heavy, and thrashy riffs. He was the key ingrediant that made Anthrax so unique compared to most other thrash bands who had harsh vocalists.

Funnily enough, I was listening to "Spreading The Disease" on my ipod earlier. It really is an awesome album, even better than "Among The Living" in my opinion. As well as Joey's vocals, that album was like the perfect mix of thrash and classic metal, a combination that they all but left behind after that album. They still made some great stuff after that though, and even "State Of Euphoria" has some amazing songs on it that I think are really underrated.
02.09.2011 - 18:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 02.09.2011 at 18:46

Some of the songs? Have you heard the whole album?

Yes I have
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 53972 | This month: 76