Metal Storm logo
Satanism

Original post

Posted by Sunioj, 24.08.2006 - 16:14
Satanism, from contemporary individualism to the sub categories of MLO and left hand path...
Plain and simple, what do you all think about it?

Im curious to hear people share thoughts and ideas of this philosophy and let me start by saying that contemporary Satanism is very interesting since it focuses on building oneself spiritually.

Lets take an example like Jon Nodveidt's recent decision to end his life....
He killed himself and his band claims it was a ritual suicide, does this make his form of Satanism a religion because it has rituals or is MLO another form of interpreting Satanism?
28.07.2016 - 15:55
BeneathTheMoon
Account deleted
People continuously mold their own beliefs, whether rooted in religion or not, around their own existence and what they deem as valuable. As such, it becomes an individualized experience even if wholly exercised and practiced within the confines of a specific belief so, in this sense, one could argue all beliefs are driven by self-interest, as is existence itself. Why, then, dispute the value of one religion over another or the value of religion at all? Even the irreligious hold on to certain thoughts religiously, after all.
04.08.2016 - 00:26
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.07.2016 at 15:55

People continuously mold their own beliefs, whether rooted in religion or not, around their own existence and what they deem as valuable. As such, it becomes an individualized experience even if wholly exercised and practiced within the confines of a specific belief so, in this sense, one could argue all beliefs are driven by self-interest, as is existence itself. Why, then, dispute the value of one religion over another or the value of religion at all? Even the irreligious hold on to certain thoughts religiously, after all.

Couldnt have said it better myself.
11.09.2017 - 04:04
Drippy.Hippie
It truly grinds my gears when people speak of "Theistic Satanists" or The Satanic Temple as if they're legitimate Satanists. They're NOT! The TST are a bunch of goths-gone-wild, hippie pantywaists.

If one does not identify with The Holy Bible, one is not a Christian.

If one does not identity with The Koran, one is not a Muslim.

So by the same logic, if one does not identify with The Satanic Bible, then one is not a Satanist.

Before Anton Szandor LaVey codified the tenants of modern day Satanism by publishing The Satanic Bible, before the CoS was established in 1966.......Satanism as we know it today was not a concept. Devil-Worshippers and Satanists are two different groups of people. Believe what you want, but don't call it Satanism.

Fuck the wannabees, fuck The Herd. Purge the weak, Hail the strong!

Ave Satanas. Hail Thyself.
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
11.09.2017 - 10:39
IronAngel
That's the dumbest thing I've read today. And I read YouTube comments, so that's saying something.
12.09.2017 - 02:39
Drippy.Hippie
Written by IronAngel on 11.09.2017 at 10:39

That's the dumbest thing I've read today. And I read YouTube comments, so that's saying something.

By what criteria do you base that on?

What did I say that wasn't factual?

The way how some people refer to it as "LaVeyan Satanism" is redundant......Because there is only one Satanism. The philosophy was first codified in The Satanic Bible, all those other Johnny-Come-Latelys have no right using the term, 'Satanism' to describe what they are about.

Furthermore, that is the general consensus in Church Of Satan circles also......The groups which I am criticizing are referred to by CoS adherents as "Pseudos", rightfully so, because that's what they are! I didn't just sort of pull all of that from out of my ass.

I fail to understand how any of that is "dumb". You not agreeing with it does not imply fact. There is an objective standard to be observed here and you're not seeing it.

----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
12.09.2017 - 11:42
IronAngel
That you take seriously the self-definition and exclusionist identity politics of a religious sect is what's dumb. If the CoS thinks they're the only real Satanists, that must be true then, eh? Kind of like how Catholics aren't Christians because the Westboro Baptist Church doesn't think so?

Not only does the word predate LaVey by centuries (and was used specifically to refer to Satan-worship in the 1800s), it is also a typical derivation from the more common "Satan" and "satanic". A very neutral, descriptive word at heart.

So it's silly to think a given sect should monopolize a common English term that various competing religious groups also self-identify with. I mean sure, if you want to be a sheep and go with the herd, by all means, but that's not very critical thinking.

(And what was also dumb was your assertion that Christians "identify with", i.e. think they are, the Holy Bible or that that's what makes them Christian. If you're simply going by terminology, it seems that belief in Christ is what makes one Christian, though in reality of course it is a complex history of tradition, interpretation, canonical scripture and institutional identity politics. A Christian, we can safely say, is one who acknowledges the ecumenical creeds.)
25.12.2017 - 19:35
Become Death
I can only speak about LaVeyan Satanism as I do not know the philosophical underpinnings of any other Satanism. On that topic I can say this: When I was in high school I read The Satanic Bible. For about a week I went around thinking I was a Satanist. Then I realised that The Satanic Bible was just an instruction manual on how to act like a spoiled three year old brat. So I gave the book to a friend and haven't looked back.
----
Fear is the path to the darkside. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Once you start down the path to the darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
27.01.2018 - 23:32
Drippy.Hippie
Written by Fatal Ascension on 15.07.2016 at 00:40

Written by DeathStrike on 26.06.2016 at 19:38

Written by Iron Wizard on 13.06.2016 at 01:41

I am a Theistic Satanist. I aww m mostly opposed to LaVeyan Satanism. It does have good good qualities to it, but I can't take it seriously. I am similar to Setians in a few ways I believe in something very similar to The Gift of the Black Flame, but I'm a Satanist. I do think there is an overwhelming presence of childishness in Satanism, partially as a result of The Church of Satan.

What does that mean?

Theistic Satanists literally believe in the existence of the devil. They're basically Christians who self identify as evil.

Thank you!

It's basically just 'Inverted Christianity', If you worship/acknowledge the Christian Devil then you are still buying into and playing the Christian's game.......
----
25.07.2019 - 04:16
I_Dont_Exist
As most people (metalheads mostly) take Satan, is obviously the same shit as christianity and its followers. I explain:

Christianity failed at becoming an spiritual way of life, christians believe in their antromorphic god, they make their god to their fucking stupid human form so all the knowledge of what is divinity all about is fucked up. Is all a huge misconception. Are really ''satanic metalheads'' different from this? NO. Look at what they believe, just an antropomorphic deity (as the SAME as the Christian one) with no real spiritual capacity, just spitting words (like christians do when they pray to their good) like ''satan'', ''evil'', ''blasphemy'', with of course NOT knowing what they really mean or stopping for a second to think about it� you see, is the same, both Christians and satanists follow an antropomorphic entity which they dont know nothing about. The only difference is that christians believe in a bearded old man, and naive satanists believe in a humanified goat with horns and shit. Is even comical, just like a monster from a random tale to frighten some kids.
Is like believing in a cartoon character...
Therefore, they worship humanity in some way, so is impossible these naive cults can achieve anything beyond human. They will just stay here chained in the carnal prison.
----
Embrace beauty in your arms? and slit her throat
12.08.2019 - 01:20
KDF
I see a lot of religions like satanism, New Age, Buddhism, but also metaphysics, Taoism and other streams of philosophy all come back to the same thing: finding the god within yourself.

It reminds me a lot of this Bible verse (satan speaking):

[Gen 3:5 KJV] 5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

What do you guys think about this?
18.09.2019 - 20:45
Tenski
All religion is bullshit, period..
21.09.2019 - 09:23
no one
Written by Tenski on 18.09.2019 at 20:45

All religion is bullshit, period..

Do you understand all relegion?
----
Unable to connect to the database