Metal Storm logo
Epica bug

‹‹ Back to Bugs
10.09.2010 - 01:24
Elodie Artour
Slania
It's not a big bug or something that I'm reporting but it's damn annoying. When you look at the playlist of "The Divine Conspiracy", it's totally correct - "Death Of A Dream", "Living A Lie", "Fools Of Damnation". However, if you take a look at the lyrics, "Fools Of Damnation" comes before "Living A Lie". Pretty weird, isn't it?

P.S.: It's not a big deal but still...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
10.09.2010 - 01:33
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Omg, you made a topic about this? You know that lyrics can be edited, right?
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
10.09.2010 - 01:34
Elodie Artour
Slania
Of course I know but it would've been easier for a staffer to fix it instead of me, I guess.
----
10.09.2010 - 14:06
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
That sounds weird indeed. Think it's fixable by just switching all the info
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.09.2010 - 01:35
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Elodie Artour on 10.09.2010 at 01:24

It's not a big bug or something that I'm reporting but it's damn annoying. When you look at the playlist of "The Divine Conspiracy", it's totally correct - "Death Of A Dream", "Living A Lie", "Fools Of Damnation". However, if you take a look at the lyrics, "Fools Of Damnation" comes before "Living A Lie". Pretty weird, isn't it?

P.S.: It's not a big deal but still...

Fixed.

I also added composers and lyrics writers as well up through track 13, as I don't have the special edition.

I haven't done many lyrics edits (save for adding a few myself) since early this year, but I remember a lot of these problems. They are all caused by improper tracklist adding (usually from before an album's release), then someone adds lyrics before it is corrected. Later, someone corrects the tracklist, but the lyrics do not change - they must be edited separately.

You can do this through the normal edit page, and just put the comment as "corrected tracklist of tracks number ## and ##" or something like that, and change the titles while also changing the lyrics with them. Sometimes it's time consuming, all it takes is one missing track early in the lyrics list, and the entire list is off
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.09.2010 - 17:58
Elodie Artour
Slania
@dismaleuphony: Oh, now I see. If I ever notice such bug again, I'll edit it myself. Thanks for the explanation!
----