Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
10.11.2011 - 23:26
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.11.2011 at 23:19

Didn't really like the song...

Maybe try this... thing next.
10.11.2011 - 23:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by wormdrink414 on 10.11.2011 at 23:26
Maybe try this... thing next.

Also not my thing. I like the concept though. It's kind of like drone meets rap.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.11.2011 - 02:35
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
11.01.2012 - 17:17
FOOCK Nam
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.11.2011 at 23:19

Written by wormdrink414 on 10.11.2011 at 23:16
Just downloaded Death Grips' album Exmilitary. Some raw, fucked up stuff. Apparently it was featured on Grindcore Karaoke too, so it's definitely not a for rap fans only sort of deal.

The beginning reminds me of Agalloch's "Tomorrow Will Never Come" with the spoken word.

Didn't really like the song... Kind of had a "Back the Fuck Up" (Fear Factory) vibe to it.

The spoken words are from Charles Manson, I cant find the raw speech but here could be same just with different background sound

(EDIT)

But do Agalloch has the spoken words same with this above ? I never heard, if real same I would check out immediately
11.01.2012 - 23:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by FOOCK Nam on 11.01.2012 at 17:17
But do Agalloch has the spoken words same with this above ? I never heard, if real same I would check out immediately

Not the same, but similar. Backed by an acoustic guitar, the spoken word is muffled... but it's basically an old-sounding man ranting about the pains of life. It's quite a beautiful song, really. Depressing.

"You are so sane, you're INsane!"
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.01.2012 - 06:56
Edmund Fogg
Tonka bitches...Listen to him and be amazed.

http://tonka.bandcamp.com/

If you like these, get the album. The best track is On my mind, but I can't find it anywhere and I dunno how to post videos on yt
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
19.01.2012 - 03:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

local guy, good friends with his brother.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.02.2012 - 03:33
Edmund Fogg
Old school hi hop rap for y'all bitches.

http://faktual.bandcamp.com/track/broken-nunchucks
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
15.02.2012 - 21:19
Grody2themax
Well, I hate most rap. The second some douche starts rapping about how good he is I'm immediately turned off. Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent....those people legitimately piss me off. Then you get people like Eminem who have a passion you can hear, but I think their music is pretty bad still. The rap I do like though, I like about as much as metal. I'm pretty picky though. It pretty much has to be something fitting to listen to on an apathetic chilling kind of day, or something introspective and philosophical. Also, if it has all that and subtle jazz influence I really like it. Only rap artists I ever really listen to are:

Eyedea and Abilities (Oliver Hart) - If you don't like rap, listen to this and it might just change your mind. Eyedea and Abilities is really really good.
Atmosphere - Most of their stuff is pretty good imo
Skee Lo

I've also heard good things about Dynospectrum. I need to check them out. Also, I can dig some really gangster gangsta rap sometimes, but when I do enjoy that its much more of a joke.

Worst thing about rap is listening to people who don't know anything about music talking about how dope someone's "beats" are. Just hearing them have strong opinions about music and not even come close to using the correct terms to describe it is usually a good indicator of their lack of knowledge about anything musical.
24.02.2012 - 04:58
whatsacow
Written by Grody2themax on 15.02.2012 at 21:19

Well, I hate most rap. The second some douche starts rapping about how good he is I'm immediately turned off. Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent....those people legitimately piss me off. Then you get people like Eminem who have a passion you can hear, but I think their music is pretty bad still. The rap I do like though, I like about as much as metal. I'm pretty picky though. It pretty much has to be something fitting to listen to on an apathetic chilling kind of day, or something introspective and philosophical. Also, if it has all that and subtle jazz influence I really like it. Only rap artists I ever really listen to are:

Eyedea and Abilities (Oliver Hart) - If you don't like rap, listen to this and it might just change your mind. Eyedea and Abilities is really really good.
Atmosphere - Most of their stuff is pretty good imo
Skee Lo

I've also heard good things about Dynospectrum. I need to check them out. Also, I can dig some really gangster gangsta rap sometimes, but when I do enjoy that its much more of a joke.

Worst thing about rap is listening to people who don't know anything about music talking about how dope someone's "beats" are. Just hearing them have strong opinions about music and not even come close to using the correct terms to describe it is usually a good indicator of their lack of knowledge about anything musical.

Try Dalek, or cLOUDDEAD. They're what got me as a metalhead more into hip hop. I think you might like them.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
16.03.2012 - 20:51
Mattybu

^da gooooooood shit.
16.03.2012 - 20:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Mattybu on 16.03.2012 at 20:51
^da gooooooood shit.

I've always liked the beat but never the lyrics. Pretty sure this is the kind of shit that helped mold the likes of 50 Cent and co.
----
16.03.2012 - 21:00
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.03.2012 at 20:56

Written by Mattybu on 16.03.2012 at 20:51
^da gooooooood shit.

I've always liked the beat but never the lyrics. Pretty sure this is the kind of shit that helped mold the likes of 50 Cent and co.

Biggie's beats are next level. and I like his lyrics too, like, Biggie of any rapper is probably the most straight up gangsta there ever was, he didn't just say it, he lived it.

that's another one I like by him, another raw beat and the lyrics are good too.

Also for lyrics, Ice Cube is actually pretty good too. Listen to "Why We Thugs" there's actually some social commentary in there.
16.03.2012 - 21:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Mattybu on 16.03.2012 at 21:00
Also for lyrics, Ice Cube is actually pretty good too. Listen to "Why We Thugs" there's actually some social commentary in there.

On the whole I guess "rap" in particular isn't a genre I enjoy too much. UGK, Nas, Three 6 Mafia, Westside Connection - those are probably some favorites. I find there's just too much filler to filter out. But Ice Cube actually has a tendency to get pretty political from time to time, especially on his earlier works. He was a lot more in touch with segregation and racial discrimination at the time and didn't have a problem rapping about it.
----
17.03.2012 - 04:47
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.03.2012 at 21:05

Written by Mattybu on 16.03.2012 at 21:00

On the whole I guess "rap" in particular isn't a genre I enjoy too much. UGK, Nas, Three 6 Mafia, Westside Connection - those are probably some favorites. I find there's just too much filler to filter out. But Ice Cube actually has a tendency to get pretty political from time to time, especially on his earlier works. He was a lot more in touch with segregation and racial discrimination at the time and didn't have a problem rapping about it.

My favourites are probably N.W.A, Cube's solo work, Biggie, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Dre, KRS-One, and a few other but I know what you mean about the filler. Especially more modern stuff a lot of it is just garbage.

Here's a nice segment from Why We Thugs by Cube:

"There's boys in the hood, toys in the hood, y'all wanna know why there's noise in the hood?

Cause there's drugs in the hood, thugs in the hood, n***a killed a crip and a blood in the hood"

I like how he has songs that look at why things are the way, and a song like "Hood Mentality" which is a criticism of the dumb attitudes of some "gangsters". Ice Cube is probably my favourite rapper actually.
17.03.2012 - 04:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Mattybu on 17.03.2012 at 04:47
Ice Cube is probably my favourite rapper actually.

He's definitely a talent, especially compared to the stuff you hear these days. And that's not just the stuff on the radio. Everyone tells me the underground rap scene is so much better but I fail to see much of a difference. For the most part I think the most significant separation between underground rap and radio rap is marketing and the "who you know" mentality. People get famous not because of their talent but because of who they roll with.

I didn't mean for that to come out as much as a rant as it did, but whatevs. Cube had some exceptional songs and touched on a lot of serious subjects. His social commentary style shed light on a lot of issues about projects and the ghetto lifestyle that many people didn't realize were actually more than just fabled stories of "bad" neighborhoods as if it were the legend of the Boogeyman.
----
17.03.2012 - 05:19
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.03.2012 at 04:55

Written by Mattybu on 17.03.2012 at 04:47
Ice Cube is probably my favourite rapper actually.

He's definitely a talent, especially compared to the stuff you hear these days. And that's not just the stuff on the radio. Everyone tells me the underground rap scene is so much better but I fail to see much of a difference. For the most part I think the most significant separation between underground rap and radio rap is marketing and the "who you know" mentality. People get famous not because of their talent but because of who they roll with.

I didn't mean for that to come out as much as a rant as it did, but whatevs. Cube had some exceptional songs and touched on a lot of serious subjects. His social commentary style shed light on a lot of issues about projects and the ghetto lifestyle that many people didn't realize were actually more than just fabled stories of "bad" neighborhoods as if it were the legend of the Boogeyman.

Honestly I tend to kind of ignore the whole underground/not underground labels and take things on a artist-by-artist basis. Which is funny because I can relate the same kind of mentality to metal music.

P.S. - my c-walk is incredibly gangsta. dawg.

Not even joking, when I c-walk for my friends they completely shit their pants.
19.03.2012 - 17:02
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Probably one of the best track of Eminem and his best album so far yet.

21.03.2012 - 23:36
Mattybu
Http://www.myspace.com/ceddybu18

Listen to 25 bars. Can't even hate on the man that song is unrealistically good.
21.03.2012 - 23:44
Thrash83
Written by Arian Totalis on 09.09.2006 at 07:28

Well, here it is, Rap.
joints and gang wars.

Awareness.

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!

The older rap like Public Enemy is alright. But I have to say that I absolutely hate mainstream rap such as Lil' Wayne and the rest of them. The fans drive me insane and the songs just have a sort of arrogant feel to them that I can't stand one bit. I respect your opinion, but I will have to respectfully disagree. Older rap is alright, but newer, more mainstream shit I hear on the radio and on MTV is just horrible.
22.03.2012 - 05:09
Branzig
Da Ol' Skool is where it's at for me!

I LOVE Run DMC.

I like Public Enemy a lot, same with N.W.A...I don't think anyone can argue that 2pac wasn't one of the most amazing word-smiths ever born.

I don't care for the new "pop" rap. I think it's all just samples and people repeating key phrases over and over again over a back-beat. But anyone that can really rap, and create soundscapes and smith words, has my respect.
----
In Grind We Crust
22.03.2012 - 10:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I'm surprised no one mentioned Insane Clown Pussies err..Insane Clown Posse.
22.03.2012 - 16:23
Branzig
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.03.2012 at 10:17

Really?

Not only do I completely hate them, but I would hope that everyone else does as well.
----
In Grind We Crust
22.03.2012 - 18:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Branzig on 22.03.2012 at 16:23

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.03.2012 at 10:17

Really?

Not only do I completely hate them, but I would hope that everyone else does as well.

Eminem said

Quote:
Hey let me get your number; I'll call you tomorrow, for sure!"
Don't act like a fan -- you wanna get signed?
Get the whitest A&R you can find
Pull him aside and rap as wack as you can
Lesson Five: Get a hook-up at Jive
Dress up like I.C.P. and have them come see you perform live
And that's the key, but when you see me on the street; I ain't
givin you shit bitch - don't even bother askin me (get away from me)
Toilet water splashes me right in the ass when I'm spittin
cause I'm always shittin when I'm rappin like Master P (UNNNGGGGH!)
Got a blowjob from Paula Jones, and stuffed it so far in her mout

Take some hate from my side too.
23.03.2012 - 04:03
Mattybu
Written by Branzig on 22.03.2012 at 05:09

Da Ol' Skool is where it's at for me!

I LOVE Run DMC.

I like Public Enemy a lot, same with N.W.A...I don't think anyone can argue that 2pac wasn't one of the most amazing word-smiths ever born.

Yeah man Run DMC has some really sweet songs, You Be Illin' is probably my favourite by them, and My Adidas too of course. But to be honest, I think Biggie's game kinda outdid tupac's... Not arguing he was good, just I don't think he was B.I.G. level especially in the terms of the delivery... Notorious B.I.G. just has unbelievable flow and rhythm to his songs, he was one of the masters.
23.03.2012 - 05:10
Branzig
Written by Mattybu on 23.03.2012 at 04:03

Yeah man Run DMC has some really sweet songs, You Be Illin' is probably my favourite by them, and My Adidas too of course. But to be honest, I think Biggie's game kinda outdid tupac's... Not arguing he was good, just I don't think he was B.I.G. level especially in the terms of the delivery... Notorious B.I.G. just has unbelievable flow and rhythm to his songs, he was one of the masters.

Yeah, I guess I just prefer 2pac's songs overall, but I do agree, B.I.G. was a killer word-smith too. They both threw down hard.
----
In Grind We Crust
23.03.2012 - 05:12
Mattybu
Written by Branzig on 23.03.2012 at 05:10

Written by Mattybu on 23.03.2012 at 04:03

Yeah, I guess I just prefer 2pac's songs overall, but I do agree, B.I.G. was a killer word-smith too. They both threw down hard.

AH THEY THREW DOWN SO HARD

Rap these days is... wait for it... cRAP bet you never heard that one before.
23.03.2012 - 05:33
Branzig
Written by Mattybu on 23.03.2012 at 05:12

AH THEY THREW DOWN SO HARD

Rap these days is... wait for it... cRAP bet you never heard that one before.

I agree with you for the most part, there are a couple of people out there that "keep the faith," but for the most part it's all pretty bad.

The Roots still keep it coming.
----
In Grind We Crust
24.03.2012 - 18:38
Mattybu

He kinda sucks nowadays but man, his classic stuff, Snoop Dogg has some filthy disgusting flow. And just gangsta beats.
26.03.2012 - 09:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Thrash83 on 21.03.2012 at 23:44

Written by Arian Totalis on 09.09.2006 at 07:28

Well, here it is, Rap.
joints and gang wars.

Awareness.

Go Forth and Tell me!

The older rap like Public Enemy is alright. But I have to say that I absolutely hate mainstream rap such as Lil' Wayne and the rest of them. The fans drive me insane and the songs just have a sort of arrogant feel to them that I can't stand one bit. I respect your opinion, but I will have to respectfully disagree. Older rap is alright, but newer, more mainstream shit I hear on the radio and on MTV is just horrible.

eh, I don't know where in that post I stated I like new school hip hop. Honestly I hate it too, Lil wayne, nikki minaj, birdman, TI, lil flip, Soulja Boy, Big Sean, all those guys get on my nerves. It's not even the arrogance and materialism that does it either, it's the fact that they can't fucking rap. Hip hop is an art form and should be held to an evaluative standard. When you MC, there should be metaphors and similies that flow creatively with a rhyme scheme that coincides with a beat. Not some Young money shit like "You can find me on a boat feedin a bitch grapes and crepes, by the way, that's french for pancakes." that makes me say WTF WAS THAT??!! THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE LISTEN TO NOW??!! No my tastes are more like Wu Tang, Mos Def, Telib Kweli, Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill, Mobb Deep, Big Pun, Big L, Tupac, Biggie, Old Eminem, The Game's first two albums, Nas, Gangstarr, The Fugees, NWA, Ice Cube, DMX, Ludacris, Geto Boys, Redman, Scarface, Onyx, Rakim, Da Lench Mob, Lord Finesse, Outkast, Busta Rhymes, Rah Digga, RZA, GZA, ODB, Inspectah Deck, U-God, Raekwon, Masta Killa, Ghostface Killa, and the M.E.T.H.O.D. Man.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.