10. Violent Revolution
11. People Of The Lie
12. Europe After The Pain

The best Thrash Metal album of 2012

Additional info
Dates of release:
Europe - June 1st,
North America - June 5th.

Produced, recorded and mixed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios, Sweden.
Mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound, NYC, USA.
Additional recording by Johan Örnborg.
Drum technician - Tobias Strandvik.
Guitar technician - Marc Niedersberg.
Pre-production recordings and programming by Tim Schuldt, Sky von Hoff, Marc Görtz and Dominic Paraskevopoulos.
Zombie-choirs by Ronnie Milianowicz, Uffe Bejstam and Tommy Johansson, Sami Yli-Sirniö, Matthias Kollerk, Jens Bogren.

Cover artwork by Wes Benscotter.
Additional cover art by Jan Meininghaus.

Guest review by
TerrorZone
Rating:
Prior to the release, frontman Mille Petrozza claimed that Phantom Antichrist would be the "most epic" Kreator album ever. He went further saying that Phantom Antichrist is better than anything released by the Big Four in recent years. These words seemed to be empty rhetoric at first, but after being taken on the "epic" journey through Phantom Antichrist, the impression is that Petrozza and Co. have succeeded in fulfilling their promises.

Read more ››
published 02.12.2012 | Comments (10)

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
Kreator! Aaaaaaahhhhh! That is all I need to state to introduce this review. 13th studio album from the reigning kings of Teutonic Thrash Metal and rightfully regarded as one of the most respected Metal bands of all time. Anybody wants to disagree with that? I thought not. It is refreshing to see a musical style best known for its impact on the 1990s still being alive and well in 2012.

Read more ››
published 16.06.2013 | Comments (4)

Guest review by
Danroush
Rating:
A masterclass in mixing the aggression of thrash with the production quality of the 21st century.

Read more ››
published 18.03.2019 | Comments (1)

Found in 71 lists
Top lists

Comments page 4 / 5

Comments: 123   Visited by: 1681 users
04.08.2012 - 03:06
John Shock

Written by Vikcen on 05.07.2012 at 02:09

Really very good this last, in the same level of Enemy of God in my opinion. Definitely i have to say that i'm totally hypnotized by the music that makes this people .

Death to the world!

Death To The World is my favorite song from the album since the first listen and it always gonna be! Nice catchy thrashy badass riff! \m/
04.08.2012 - 03:35
Rating: 10
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by John Shock on 04.08.2012 at 03:06

Written by Vikcen on 05.07.2012 at 02:09

Really very good this last, in the same level of Enemy of God in my opinion. Definitely i have to say that i'm totally hypnotized by the music that makes this people .

Death to the world!

Death To The World is my favorite song from the album since the first listen and it always gonna be! Nice catchy thrashy badass riff! \m/

Yeah one of my favorites too, this is an awesome song
18.08.2012 - 04:10
Rating: 9
Pelcu

I really like this "new" Kreator - I mean last 2 albums (Hordes Of Chaos and Phantom Antichrist). That's right - those are more melodic than early Kreator, less trash and filled with choruses. But still sounds great, music itself and compositions are mature, heavy enough to kill and melodic enough to sing Kreator did what other classic bands can't (maybe excepy Accept): reborn with highest quality and stay on the top of metal bands. My 13 years old son just become big fan of Kreator, what I think it's impossible when surrounded by so many modern metal bands... Respect!
----
Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
18.08.2012 - 04:31
Sync
Account deleted
I'll give it another spin soon, but my last thoughts of it were something along the lines of 'bland one-paced thrash'. I can say I wasn't listening to it properly at the time so hopefully next time it should be better.
21.08.2012 - 16:39
Metalex

Great album good work Kreator!
24.08.2012 - 00:28
Rating: 6
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
There aren't enough 1 abusers to even out the 10 abusers.... where is the hate when you need it?
02.09.2012 - 19:10
neonxaos

I kinda thought I was done with thrash, but this is vicious! Love it.
04.09.2012 - 21:45
majstora

Not "Teutonic" - This is "Titanic" Trash Metal!
06.09.2012 - 19:42
Angry Chair

One of the best thrash metal albums ever, also best kreator album.

10/10

End of story, go listen to this now if you have not heard it, it will blow you away
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
16.09.2012 - 20:19
Mattybu

Comes outta the gate hard... But can't keep it going. How many times have I seen that happen.
18.09.2012 - 02:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Mattybu on 16.09.2012 at 20:19

Comes outta the gate hard... But can't keep it going. How many times have I seen that happen.

I don't completely agree with that, although mostly I do. The album gets off to an amazing start, reaching a peak with "Civilisation Collapse", which is Kreator at their devestating and awesome best. Whilst there is some goodness after that, the rest of the album never quite manages to live up to the very high standards set by the first few songs.
18.09.2012 - 05:38
Mattybu

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.09.2012 at 02:24

Written by Mattybu on 16.09.2012 at 20:19

I don't completely agree with that, although mostly I do. The album gets off to an amazing start, reaching a peak with "Civilisation Collapse", which is Kreator at their devestating and awesome best. Whilst there is some goodness after that, the rest of the album never quite manages to live up to the very high standards set by the first few songs.

For me Phantom Antichrist was the best tune. The intro song was kinda cool although could have done without the "la-la-la-la-la" stuff haha. All in all not a bad album though, has it's moments.

And as good as that song is, sadly this album had no Terror Zone moments. Granted Coma of Souls doesn't even have a lot of Terror Zone moments but that song should have a religion based on it. So good
18.09.2012 - 06:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Mattybu on 18.09.2012 at 05:38
For me Phantom Antichrist was the best tune. The intro song was kinda cool although could have done without the "la-la-la-la-la" stuff haha. All in all not a bad album though, has it's moments.

And as good as that song is, sadly this album had no Terror Zone moments. Granted Coma of Souls doesn't even have a lot of Terror Zone moments but that song should have a religion based on it. So good

The title track, Death To The World, and Civilisation Collapse are the best songs on the album for me, and they're all loaded on the album's front end. It's not a bad album, and I certainly prefer it overall to the previous album, but compared to their most classic albums, it is a bit lacking.

I have stated on this messageboard more than once, that Terror Zone is probably my fave Kreator song, and Coma Of Souls is my fave Kreator album. To me, Terror Zone is pure thrash perfection, it can't be bettered really! xD
18.09.2012 - 18:34
Mattybu

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.09.2012 at 06:11

I have stated on this messageboard more than once, that Terror Zone is probably my fave Kreator song, and Coma Of Souls is my fave Kreator album. To me, Terror Zone is pure thrash perfection, it can't be bettered really! xD

The song structure and way that song progresses is just unreal. It's easily the best song Kreator has done, to me, straight up shit-ruining awesomeness.
15.10.2012 - 20:14
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Mattybu on 18.09.2012 at 18:34

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.09.2012 at 06:11

The song structure and way that song progresses is just unreal. It's easily the best song Kreator has done, to me, straight up shit-ruining awesomeness.

when talking about kreator and when saying that "terror zone" is their best song man should be really careful. "terror zone" is really AMAZING. but is it really better than "some pain will last". i always think that these 2 songs are of the same blood and speak the same awesome words to our soul.... (of course i dont mean that they are similar as music but only as style and feeling)
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.10.2012 - 22:52
Mattybu

Written by Deadmeat on 15.10.2012 at 20:14

when talking about kreator and when saying that "terror zone" is their best song man should be really careful. "terror zone" is really AMAZING. but is it really better than "some pain will last". i always think that these 2 songs are of the same blood and speak the same awesome words to our soul.... (of course i dont mean that they are similar as music but only as style and feeling)

Meh, man, the first time I heard Terror Zone, I just about shit myself at how awesome it was. And it's a perfect example of a proper slow build up in a thrash song culminating in shit-fuck mind shredding brain busting ridiculous thrashosity.
16.10.2012 - 06:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
"Some Pain Will Last" is an awesome song, it's definitely in my top 10 fave Kreator songs!
25.11.2012 - 00:27
Rating: 8
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Agree with previous comments that the front half of this album is better than the back end. It feels like it is going to be a full-on thrash fest but then loses its way in the second half. Not that I think it's awful or anything, in fact I really like the whole album. The song "The Few, The Proud, The Broken" sounds a bit proggy - what is this - PROG THRASH? I dig it anyway. Damn good album overall.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
02.12.2012 - 17:53
Rating: 3
BrutalN00dle

This album was horribly bland, I cannot figure out this over the top adulation it's receiving.
15.12.2012 - 21:32
bblitz

Epic,masterful metal.
31.12.2012 - 12:50
Rating: 7
Kuroboshi

The problem with this album is the lack of energy. HoC was such a kick in the nuts, hard to top that. I like Kreator wading unknown waters, but they aren't very good at making epic tracks, and the cleans are just laughable.
03.01.2013 - 23:15
Mattybu

I will crush my CD up into little plastic shards and ingest them if there isn't 10 better albums than this in 2012
03.01.2013 - 23:32
RattleSnake

For me best album of 2012 !!!
22.01.2013 - 21:21
Rating: 7
Mdevil93

Very average album in my opinion, especially considering that its from Kreator!
13.03.2013 - 14:24
serega25

Very good and another solid album from Kreator!
28.03.2013 - 13:00
Metal_Elle

For me, this album is the best european thrash metal album of all times !
21.04.2013 - 17:38
Kingface

Very disappointing album. I'm amazed so many rate it so highly. Am I the only one who thinks the sound production sounds very Machine Head/Trivium like?!
21.04.2013 - 22:43
Lord_Regnier

Written by Kingface on 21.04.2013 at 17:38

the sound production sounds very Machine Head/Trivium like?!

I don't think so. I love this album, while I hate Machine Head and Trivium.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
22.04.2013 - 06:20
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Lord_Regnier on 21.04.2013 at 22:43

Written by Kingface on 21.04.2013 at 17:38

the sound production sounds very Machine Head/Trivium like?!

I don't think so. I love this album, while I hate Machine Head and Trivium.

I love this album and I also love Machine Head and think Trivium are pretty good too.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
27.04.2013 - 00:09
Kingface

Well much to my surprise, this album has grown on me significantly after a few more listens!

I still think the production is a bit...I don't know, there's something about it that irks me that I can't quite put my finger on, certainly not as good as on their other 2000's albums. But most of the songs are great and I'm sure they'll sound even better live when I see them tomorrow night!

Hits total: 44429 | This month: 61