Metal Storm logo
Adios, Metalstorm

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 28.02.2011 - 20:33
I just wanted to say that i am totally disgusted with new MS layout and i am leaving this site, because i am not going to learn how to orientate in this "cool new" design...

you are definitely going to attract loads of stupid teens fascinated with this "trendy" look alike, but this doesnt work for me...so many hours must have been wasted on creating...this...sigh

farewell somewhere else where things are still normal
14.03.2011 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie on 14.03.2011 at 01:12

Written by Bad English on 13.03.2011 at 13:38

PS what would ppl react if I open tread ''leaving'' maybe I shood do for week and read a comments

it will not work, because you will not be able to stop yourself from posting for a whole week, and we would know that you didn't really leave the site

You never know when life stops my friend, maybe at night I die from heart attack or liver failure
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.03.2011 - 07:35
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Man, I leave the site for a couple of days and you start making riots of blood and stuff, damn, why do you always get all the fun for yourselves, bloody bastards!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
14.03.2011 - 16:25
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Bad English on 14.03.2011 at 01:15

... maybe at night I die from heart attack or liver failure

The Irony of both deaths being linked to heavy consumption of alcohol lol !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.03.2011 - 18:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Zombie on 14.03.2011 at 16:25

Written by Bad English on 14.03.2011 at 01:15

... maybe at night I die from heart attack or liver failure

The Irony of both deaths being linked to heavy consumption of alcohol lol !!

How is that ironic?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.03.2011 - 23:55
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Because he always talks about his drinking habits and now the two ways to die he mentioned are both linked to heavy consumption of alcohol (i dont see how that's not obvious)
----

20.03.2011 - 08:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Zombie on 18.03.2011 at 23:55

Because he always talks about his drinking habits and now the two ways to die he mentioned are both linked to heavy consumption of alcohol (i dont see how that's not obvious)

That's pretty much the antithesis of irony.
----
- George Carlin
20.03.2011 - 09:25
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Sure thing, mr. dictionary
----

20.03.2011 - 10:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Sarcastic condescension, if I am reading that right?
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2011 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dude I dont drink nowdays anymore, only if someone buys me , I have no money to drink and besides nowdays I cant handle alco so well... and it costs
and besides youi never know when it can hepen, maybe today my heart colapese, we read about dead mussicans, if friend dies, parents tell you, but if member .... ehh he left site

I use to talk whit an girl some 4-5 years ago , then half year silance, after half yera her ''brother'' send me an email and told she commit suicide....till some months ago I acceidnly found her at face book live and well, same town, same pic, same job ....
----

apos;'
[image]
22.03.2011 - 03:46
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
Wow, only now I've read the past four pages of this thread. I guess it's somewhat peculiar to see that Ellrohir's thread turned into a gay thread in no time
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.03.2011 - 10:16
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by Promonex on 22.03.2011 at 03:46

Wow, only now I've read the past four pages of this thread. I guess it's somewhat peculiar to see that Ellrohir's thread turned into a gay thread in no time

Yeah, and Metalstorm files a thread called "Youngest Mother at 11" in 'similar threads'. That's what we've come to be.
----
30.03.2011 - 04:12
Andre
Hey man, just my opinion. At first I found the new 'look' to be a pain in the eye.
But its not about looks, it never was. Of course the site is different and fb login is kinda weird there, but hey - the people are still here.
Re-consider man!
30.03.2011 - 16:10
ForeverDarkWoods
I'm getting used to the new design now myself. I really like the dropdown menus in the top.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
30.03.2011 - 17:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 30.03.2011 at 16:10

I'm getting used to the new design now myself. I really like the dropdown menus in the top.

Yeah, I really liked that as well.

I also enjoy the floating bar a lot, it saves some time.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.03.2011 - 23:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Haha I just now came across this thread. At least he followed rule #101!

the quote in his final post was cute
01.04.2011 - 03:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Dangerboner on 30.03.2011 at 23:45

the quote in his final post was cute

You mean the poem?
----
- George Carlin
26.05.2011 - 23:20
JD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 02.03.2011 at 13:15

Written by Guest on 02.03.2011 at 13:12

My friends who have profiles here and don't use metalstorm they saw the new design and they like it, and i guess some of them online now, it's cool for me too, but my problem is that my PC is old i guess i should buy a laptop or something.

Try auto updates I install it and now my PC dont hangs up when I use MS
This new loytout think is old PC problem generaly

How? you mean update the windows?
26.05.2011 - 23:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.05.2011 at 23:20

My friends who have profiles here and don't use metalstorm they saw the new design and they like it, and i guess some of them online now, it's cool for me too, but my problem is that my PC is old i guess i should buy a laptop or something.

auto updates what comes when you shut down PC .... you know those
----

apos;'
[image]
27.05.2011 - 00:02
JD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.05.2011 at 23:50

Written by Guest on 26.05.2011 at 23:20

auto updates what comes when you shut down PC .... you know those

Ok man thanks i will try that, since i got a fast net
27.05.2011 - 00:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
Old computers don't go well with anything because years ago the requirements of computer programs weren't as high as they are now and old computer hardware simply cannot live up to them. Whatever is causing your computer to slow down can be replaced but if it turns out that there's more than one fucked up thing in your computer, I see no point of replacing all of those things... It's probably easier (not cheaper, though) to buy a new computer.
27.05.2011 - 06:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
So glad to see this, of all threads, rezzed to discuss old computers. it's almost ironic that "I DON'T LIKE TEH NEW STUFF" whining is paired up with discussions of new technology.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.06.2011 - 02:01
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by Ragana on 27.05.2011 at 00:16

Old computers don't go well with anything because years ago the requirements of computer programs weren't as high as they are now and old computer hardware simply cannot live up to them. Whatever is causing your computer to slow down can be replaced but if it turns out that there's more than one fucked up thing in your computer, I see no point of replacing all of those things... It's probably easier (not cheaper, though) to buy a new computer.

That at least is what software companies are telling you. And you are not alone believing this nonsense. Of course software demands grow. But so does computational capacity. And you have no idea by what magnitude. If software developers would still invest as much time into optimizing as they did in the 90's, our everyday computing would be so fast, time would start running backwards. But somewhere along the laws of moore, the reliability movement was spawned. And that was a good thing. People demanding software that is reliable first and then fast. Brought to the wide public with the advent of windows xp. The first customer-end windows that wouldn't just crash whenever it damn well pleased. At that time, java was already big in web development and slowly conquering the desktop, leading to the development of .NET. Now we have a few really easy programming languages that allow anyone to build massive applications with minimal knowledge but rely on a runtime environment to execute. At the same time, scripting got ever popular and now people think it's cooler to have their code parsed and evaluated from scratch at each invocation instead of sitting down once and writing something decent that can be compiled and optimized. So we build layer upon layer upon layer until things get so demanding that the only reasonable means to get them to run is to throw massive hardware their way. And people have come to accept this as a law of nature it seems.
Take a clean installation of windows, without java, itunes, anything written by adobe (including flash) and with no more .net components than the system needs to run, use that for a week and then make the above statement again. They can still optimize if they want to. Why else do you think does windows 7 outperform windows xp on small hardware such as netbooks? But it needed a catastrophe like vista to realize that people today actually do care about speed. And the best way to get speed is to buy a bigger pc, right?

Of course this doesn't have anything to do with the layout. If it's slower than before, that might be related to the fact that now there is more content to load. But we're working on that, believe me. There won't be any big changes over night, but things will start to improve.
----
15.09.2012 - 08:20
FOOCK Nam
Written by corrupt on 02.06.2011 at 02:01

Written by Ragana on 27.05.2011 at 00:16

That at least is what software companies are telling you. And you are not alone believing this nonsense. Of course software demands grow. But so does computational capacity. And you have no idea by what magnitude. If software developers would still invest as much time into optimizing as they did in the 90's, our everyday computing would be so fast, time would start running backwards. But somewhere along the laws of moore, the reliability movement was spawned. And that was a good thing. People demanding software that is reliable first and then fast. Brought to the wide public with the advent of windows xp. The first customer-end windows that wouldn't just crash whenever it damn well pleased. At that time, java was already big in web development and slowly conquering the desktop, leading to the development of .NET. Now we have a few really easy programming languages that allow anyone to build massive applications with minimal knowledge but rely on a runtime environment to execute. At the same time, scripting got ever popular and now people think it's cooler to have their code parsed and evaluated from scratch at each invocation instead of sitting down once and writing something decent that can be compiled and optimized. So we build layer upon layer upon layer until things get so demanding that the only reasonable means to get them to run is to throw massive hardware their way. And people have come to accept this as a law of nature it seems.
Take a clean installation of windows, without java, itunes, anything written by adobe (including flash) and with no more .net components than the system needs to run, use that for a week and then make the above statement again. They can still optimize if they want to. Why else do you think does windows 7 outperform windows xp on small hardware such as netbooks? But it needed a catastrophe like vista to realize that people today actually do care about speed. And the best way to get speed is to buy a bigger pc, right?

Of course this doesn't have anything to do with the layout. If it's slower than before, that might be related to the fact that now there is more content to load. But we're working on that, believe me. There won't be any big changes over night, but things will start to improve.

It's true, I dont install Java, yes for itunes and Adobe flash, though I extremely dislike Java, also I only install AntiVirus when necessary otherwise no even at all. One tip for fasting computer is having good TaskManager and kill some process when it going high amount of KB then your computer would be faster. Thanks for the suggest, I still have .NET, will consider removing it if needed... Cheers.