Metal Storm logo
Band Profiles: Report Mistakes

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 15.03.2011 - 18:14
This is your place to report mistakes with our featured bands, in the same way as the last thread:

http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3137
10.05.2018 - 16:18
Mark Ayoub

Can "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" please be added as an additional genre for Motorhead? Years probably 1975-1982 (when Fast Eddie left). Find it surprising that they are one of the quintessential NWOBHM bands and yet no acknowledgement of that on MS. Thanks.
----
It takes a lifetime to build a friendship
And a millisecond to destroy it
10.05.2018 - 16:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mark Ayoub on 10.05.2018 at 16:18

Can "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" please be added as an additional genre for Motorhead? Years probably 1975-1982 (when Fast Eddie left). Find it surprising that they are one of the quintessential NWOBHM bands and yet no acknowledgement of that on MS. Thanks.

Motorhead like Judas Priest aren't NWOBHM. Both bands started way before the NWOBHM.. NWOBHM is a period in time and not a sound which lasted from 1979 (when the term was coined by Sounds magazine) till about midway Eighties.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.05.2018 - 08:25
Mark Ayoub

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.05.2018 at 16:41

Written by Mark Ayoub on 10.05.2018 at 16:18

Motorhead like Judas Priest aren't NWOBHM. Both bands started way before the NWOBHM.. NWOBHM is a period in time and not a sound which lasted from 1979 (when the term was coined by Sounds magazine) till about midway Eighties.

I'll grant you the fact that Judas Priest formed way before NWOBHM started. But look at Saxon - formed in '76, Maiden - formed in '75 so not earlier at all. I know NWOBHM is a scene, not a sound but MS has it as a genre tag so I figure Motorhead should be included. No skin off my teeth if my suggestion is considered ludicrous.
----
It takes a lifetime to build a friendship
And a millisecond to destroy it
20.06.2018 - 12:18
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Could Jimi Hendrix Experience - Both Sides Of The Sky get blues rock added to it as a genre, as it doesn't have any attached. Probably Valleys Of Neptune, too.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.06.2018 - 09:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 20.06.2018 at 12:18

Could Jimi Hendrix Experience - Both Sides Of The Sky get blues rock added to it as a genre, as it doesn't have any attached. Probably Valleys Of Neptune, too.

all his disco has been fixed
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.08.2018 - 15:55
Skyum

Imber Luminis is listed as atmospheric doom metal. I haven't heard any of the older stuff, but there's zero doom metal whatsoever in the new record (can be heard in its entirety on Youtube and bandcamp). Atmospheric black metal should be added, at least from 2018 and onward.
10.08.2018 - 13:41
cobrapel
Concept One
Not a mistake, but these albums miss the "MS 2013 winner" flags in their page:
Enshine - Origin
Exhumed - Necrocracy
13.08.2018 - 14:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by cobrapel on 10.08.2018 at 13:41

Enshine - Origin
Exhumed - Necrocracy

PM staffers
----

apos;'
[image]
18.08.2018 - 01:26
D.T. Metal

Written by cobrapel on 10.08.2018 at 13:41

Enshine - Origin
Exhumed - Necrocracy

fixed it; thanks for catching this
19.10.2018 - 07:11
hyper

The band ANCIIENTS is the closest music to Mastodon and their style is progressive sludge metal,not progressive metal
02.11.2018 - 11:22
Gamarus

Hi, Listening Wine From Tears, I think their style is more Melodic Death/Doom than Death/Doom.
02.11.2018 - 15:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gamarus on 02.11.2018 at 11:22

Hi, Listening Wine From Tears, I think their style is more Melodic Death/Doom than Death/Doom.

Will listen and think about
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2018 - 10:18
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Could this album Unnatural Disasters by Skeletal Spectre get death metal added to it? It was released after they disbanded, so it's got no genres attached to it.
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=92156
----
04.12.2018 - 13:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 04.12.2018 at 10:18

Could this album Unnatural Disasters by Skeletal Spectre get death metal added to it? It was released after they disbanded, so it's got no genres attached to it.
http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=92156

done,
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2018 - 16:31
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Can someone please merge the profiles of Mikael Granbacke and Mikael Degermann?
It's the same person, born as "Mikael Granbacke" whereas "Degermann" is just an alias.

Profiles to be joined
Sources: here or here and several booklets.

Thanks!
----
signatures = SPAM
04.12.2018 - 16:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Starvynth on 04.12.2018 at 16:31

Can someone please merge the profiles of Mikael Granbacke and Mikael Degermann?
It's the same person, born as "Mikael Granbacke" whereas "Degermann" is just an alias.

Profiles to be joined
Sources: here or here and several booklets.

Thanks!

will do soon
----

apos;'
[image]
11.12.2018 - 00:05
frequenzangriff

The style of "When Nothing Remains" is wrong, it says Funeral doom metal, when they actually play atmospheric doom death metal

source is the official facebook page, under Biography - and the same description is used on the bandcamp page
11.12.2018 - 07:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by frequenzangriff on 11.12.2018 at 00:05

The style of "When Nothing Remains" is wrong, it says Funeral doom metal, when they actually play atmospheric doom death metal

source is the official facebook page, under Biography - and the same description is used on the bandcamp page

If i remember first album was fd metal. I will look at this grom pc
----

apos;'
[image]
11.01.2019 - 15:06
Risto
Wandering Midget
Amendfoil are now known as Palehørse. Press release (Facebook)
11.01.2019 - 17:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 11.01.2019 at 15:06

done and whan new band will bring new Ep or album, PM me or staffers , then we need seperate that band.
----

apos;'
[image]
11.01.2019 - 20:36
D.T. Metal

Written by Bad English on 11.01.2019 at 17:59

done and whan new band will bring new Ep or album, PM me or staffers , then we need seperate that band.

you can separate them now, ending Amenfoil and make a new band. They signed with Indie Recording and will release a new album.
12.01.2019 - 07:34
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Are we counting Neurowulf as the same band as Neurotech? (like we do with Devin Townsend's various non-SYL bands) Or should a new band profile be made for the Neurowulf album? Tech had ended in 2017 http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=31792 and Wulf was a new projet started in 2018 http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34212.
----
12.01.2019 - 14:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by D.T. Metal on 11.01.2019 at 20:36

Written by Bad English on 11.01.2019 at 17:59

you can separate them now, ending Amenfoil and make a new band. They signed with Indie Recording and will release a new album.

but there are no new album? we need album to add a band
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2019 - 14:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 12.01.2019 at 07:34

Are we counting Neurowulf as the same band as Neurotech? (like we do with Devin Townsend's various non-SYL bands) Or should a new band profile be made for the Neurowulf album? Tech had ended in 2017 http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=31792 and Wulf was a new projet started in 2018 http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34212.

Yes we should and I thought its done already well ...I will look at that later
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2019 - 22:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=10370

now PM us here when band has album date, submit it and we will make it visible(probobly I)
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2019 - 22:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by M C Vice on 12.01.2019 at 07:34

I add it because its continue of old band, but its not a metal, some electro shit music. anyway feel free add that album.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2019 - 11:47
Kamil
Account deleted
As some of you know, french prog metal band Adagio since 2018 isn't active anymore.
Information ws sent by Stephan Forte himself on his facebook page.

I've upgraded band profile by adding reliable source of information, but it seems, that no one from stuff is interested.

Yet again, Adagio isn't active band anymore. Stephan forte is doing his solo work and if you want source, here it is:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Adagio/754
25.01.2019 - 18:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.01.2019 at 11:47

As some of you know, french prog metal band Adagio since 2018 isn't active anymore.

I've upgraded band profile by adding reliable source of information, but it seems, that no one from stuff is interested.

Yet again, Adagio isn't active band anymore. Stephan forte is doing his solo work and if you want source, here it is:

Link please where did he told it, year, month and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2019 - 12:09
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2019 at 18:53

Written by Guest on 22.01.2019 at 11:47

Link please where did he told it, year, month and so on

This IS SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many months ago i was upgrading their profile with source of this information and you have blocked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27.01.2019 - 12:14
Kamil
Account deleted
You wanna source, you have it (I should add some really ugly epithet in your direction):
https://www.facebook.com/stephanforte
Quote:
5 kwietnia 2018 ·

Hi guys, a few words to let you know that after 17 years of dedication to Adagio I've taken the decision to fully pursue my career as a solo artist.

I've been thinking about it for quite some time, but before doing so I felt I had to deliver what would be in my opinion the most intense and personal Adagio album ever and that's why LIFE has been such a monster to do. Not one single detail has been left aside, and that was the condition number one before taking that big turn.

I am not excluding the possibility of releasing another Adagio album someday, but as for now, I feel it's time for me to move on and fully embrace what made me want to do this in the first place and go back 100% instrumental.

Taking that decision was definitely not a light thing since it involved not only me but the whole band...Adagio would have never been possible without them, especially Franck who's been there facing the waves with me since day one and Kevin who arrived shortly after. Their reaction was a huge and heartwarming surprise as not only did they all show such an incredible support and understood my need to move on, but also accepted to follow me into this new direction!

So as far as the lineup, I simply couldn't dream of a better team as Franck, Jelly, Kevin, and Mayline will also be part of this new adventure!!
I am over the moon and have no words to express how blessed and grateful I am. Thanks so much to you guys for your friendship, talent, priceless understanding and for trusting me.

I also would like to take the opportunity of this message to thank my brother Kelly and tell him how much I love him. You have done such an incredible performance on LIFE brother, it was way beyond any expectations and you've once again proven that without any doubt, you're the absolute Metal King.

Activity wise, I am currently working on my third solo album, and a first tour is in the works for later this year.

The very first solo show will take place in exactly one month, on May 5th in Clermont-Ferrand FR at the wonderful venue LE TREMPLIN - Musiques actuelles - Beaumont
I will perform songs from both "Shadows Compendium" and "Enigma Opera Black" and will give a masterclass in the afternoon.

I wanna see change in their profile during next few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!