Metal Storm logo
Death/Doom Appreciation

13.09.2006 - 01:15
CianideDeath
Account deleted
This thread was created to pay homeage to great Death Metal bands who add Doom Metal elements to their sonic assaults. These bands include the greats such as Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Incantation and dISEMBOWELMENT to lesser knowns such as Mausoleum and Coffins. Discuss, recomend and appreciate great Death/Doom bands
13.09.2006 - 01:52
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
My favorite is, and always will be Cianide. 'A Descent Into Hell' is simply the heaviest album of all time. Really insane shit.
----
The force will be with you, always.
13.09.2006 - 02:00
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
When talking about Death/Dom, I had reached the conclusion that Evoken's "Antithesis Of Light" is unbeatable... a perfect album... other masterpieces I praise are (od course) Winter's "Into Darkness" and Tyranny's "Tides Of Awakening".
13.09.2006 - 02:23
CianideDeath
Account deleted
how could I forget Winter, Grief and Cianide. All great stuff. My favourite Cianide is "the Dying Truth"
13.09.2006 - 03:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok you all shood chach band Runemagic from sweden thay start like death metal, old school death but then I mean leither add doom metal eements in music

Ib eddit this post today afdter school because i had a lot of to sy abouth death?doom metal

BTE Morbid Angel plays death metal, where are doom?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.09.2006 - 03:48
CianideDeath
Account deleted
on domination and covenant they intermix speed with some great slower riffs
13.09.2006 - 12:28
Dyscolia
Account deleted
Anyone likes Dusk? Great band imo, their riffs are heavy as hell.
13.09.2006 - 13:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
You all forgot early legends Paradise Lost first 4 albums and My Dying Bride, who start more like death metal and alos Anathema(Firts stuff) and lil mix between death and black doom Kathatonia, specely ''Dance of december Souls'' and also Sentenced ok, thay play more death metal, but whit doom elements and maybe nobody wont agree whitme but ETOS too whit small doom influencies.

Alos early Ashes You Leave play death doom/metal specely firts 2 albums are like My Dying Bride

Great finish band Corpus Omni Domuni and australian Crotpal Darkness

Alysiun werry intresting and goo band from Australia

Fall of Emyriean and Forest of Shadows, specely fall Of Emyrian are werry good and intresting band,

I can remeber 2 bands more Officium Triste from Holand, in home pegae are demo and Poema Arcnus, therr are soem death/doom elementes

hmm of corse someone of you mention Evoken, Swallow The Sun and also Estonian Whispering Forest are amazing

why nobody didnt mention Saturnus?

EDDIT Just now I discovere band Asphyx from Holand who plays death/doom metal, because I chack Ylside profile band list, so great band
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2006 - 14:50
Sidragasum
Account deleted
My Dying Bride are one of my favourite bands ever, but I haven't heard much other Doom/Death stuff.

One band you should check out if you can is Mael Mordha - they're Irish, they play a style of music that they call Gaelic Doom Metal. It's very good. You could probably here some of their songs on Dvblinia Radio - just request one of their songs on it and it'll get played straight away.
13.09.2006 - 14:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 14:50

My Dying Bride are one of my favourite bands ever, but I haven't heard much other Doom/Death stuff.

One band you should check out if you can is Mael Mordha - they're Irish, they play a style of music that they call Gaelic Doom Metal. It's very good. You could probably here some of their songs on Dvblinia Radio - just request one of their songs on it and it'll get played straight away.

if we talking about Irish death/doom metal you shood try Morning Beloved thay are just unique and poeticall irsih band ever only some poems about Sinn Fein and IRA are poetical how this band

PS there was one more irish band but i forgot nme sorry :
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2006 - 15:21
Dyscolia
Account deleted
Might as well mention Ekklesiast then and Morgion, two excellent death/doom bands. Also Process of Guilt is a very good band from Portugal, u can find mp3s on their web site.

I think Hypocrisy can be quite doomy sometimes, even though its mostly a Death Metal band.
13.09.2006 - 18:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 15:21

I think Hypocrisy can be quite doomy sometimes, even though its mostly a Death Metal band.

what, hmm maybe early or first album, but its to stanic, non of doom metal bands are satanix(I dont deny there are sioem satanic elements) but Hypocrisy are just more death metal how doom

Best Swedish old school death, doom band are Runemagic
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2006 - 21:55
Dyscolia
Account deleted
Well some people mentioned Morbid Angel i don't really see much doom in their stuff, even their slow riffs.

As for Hypocrisy, yes i agree they are mostly Death Metal. But I think some Doom elements are present on The Fourth Dimension and maybe on The Final Chapter. These elements make themselves heard, but i don't doubt that Hypocrisy plays Death metal.

Anyone heard of Magus? Doom/Grind not many bands play this sort of music.
13.09.2006 - 21:56
ylside
staff
Thanks a lot for your recommendations people !! Give me more
13.09.2006 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 21:55

Well some people mentioned Morbid Angel i don't really see much doom in their stuff, even their slow riffs.

As for Hypocrisy, yes i agree they are mostly Death Metal. But I think some Doom elements are present on The Fourth Dimension and maybe on The Final Chapter. These elements make themselves heard, but i don't doubt that Hypocrisy plays Death metal.

Anyone heard of Magus? Doom/Grind not many bands play this sort of music.

Thats what I say about morbid Angel, ok maybe ''Altar Of Madness'' and song ''Gods Of Amtyness'' maybe there are somm doom elements but still, only think are thay are OLD SCHOOL, but still again thy are to satanic

About Hypocrisy i never had like them and I doubt thay are death doom

For me death doom are old Paradise Lost, Anathema, Winter and RuneMagic and bands what I mention in my secend post.

of course there are more but those what I mention I had listen.
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2006 - 23:16
Damnated
Churchburner
When were talking about death/doom, 2 bands pop into my head: Novembre, with a more doomy opethian music, and Evoken, the perfection transformed to music.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.09.2006 - 00:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Damnated but Novembre its simmilar to Opeth and not so hight raited and you know I post about them in Novembre tread and
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2006 - 00:12
ylside
staff
Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 12:28

Anyone likes Dusk? Great band imo, their riffs are heavy as hell.

I heard "Mourning...Resurrect" but didn't really like it.

Oh yeah there's one UK band called Earthcorpse too. I've heard it quite a long ago and it was great, a good Doom/Death band.
14.09.2006 - 00:52
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Sorrow(us) man they play a doom/death mix with politically charged lyrics
14.09.2006 - 01:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 14.09.2006 at 00:52

Sorrow(us) man they play a doom/death mix with politically charged lyrics

But if those lyrics are poetic, not cheep wh not, i like that kind a lyrics

I gonna chack it band
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2006 - 03:19
CianideDeath
Account deleted
check them out you won't be disappointed
14.09.2006 - 11:06
Damnated
Churchburner
@K7 yes, Novembre is very unknown. Even doom-metal.com doesn't know about them.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.09.2006 - 12:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 14.09.2006 at 11:06

Thay dont know about a lot of bands and there was soem more populr bands what shood be there and isnt
----

apos;'
[image]
14.09.2006 - 12:50
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 14.09.2006 at 12:34

Thay dont know about a lot of bands and there was soem more populr bands what shood be there and isnt

that site is useless then. they should delete it
----

14.09.2006 - 15:13
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 14.09.2006 at 12:50

Written by Bad English on 14.09.2006 at 12:34

that site is useless then. they should delete it

I don't think "useless", but they have a weird criteria to see what is Doom and what not... by one side, they're one of those elitist who don't consider Agalloch Doom, but they featuree Cephalic Carnage
14.09.2006 - 15:56
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 14.09.2006 at 15:13

I don't think "useless", but they have a weird criteria to see what is Doom and what not... by one side, they're one of those elitist who don't consider Agalloch Doom, but they featuree Cephalic Carnage

Yes, I was surprised to see Cephalic Carnage there. Also, Green Carnation isn't there. Odd.
----

15.09.2006 - 00:03
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 14.09.2006 at 15:56

Written by Guest on 14.09.2006 at 15:13

Yes, I was surprised to see Cephalic Carnage there. Also, Green Carnation isn't there. Odd.

their defense is that Cephalic Carnage released a Doom Metal demo... but that certainly doesn't sound like a good reason to feature them.
15.09.2006 - 00:05
Sidragasum
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 13.09.2006 at 14:55

Written by Guest on 13.09.2006 at 14:50

One band you should check out if you can is Mael Mordha - they're Irish, they play a style of music that they call Gaelic Doom Metal. It's very good. You could probably hear some of their songs on Dvblinia Radio - just request one of their songs on it and it'll get played straight away.

if we talking about Irish death/doom metal you shood try Morning Beloved thay are just unique and poeticall irsih band ever only some poems about Sinn Fein and IRA are poetical how this band

PS there was one more irish band but i forgot nme sorry :

I've heard a lot of good things about Mourning Beloveth, I've never heard them though. I'll check them out soon, thanks for the recommendation.

I tried to get a Mael Mordha CD yesterday in Sentinel (the only Irish metal store really), but they didn't have them for some reason. Ah well. I'll look at getting some Mourning Beloveth there... any spefiic recommendations? Which Mourning Beloveth album should I get?

By the way, this is off-topic - but you're from Latvia, right? The Irish metal scene is fairly underground in Ireland - I would never have thought that it'd have spread much outside of Ireland - how big is Irish metal outside of Ireland do you know? And are Primordial the other band you were going to mention? They're very good - they're sort of black metal with a doomy vibe, particularly on their debut album "Imrama".
15.09.2006 - 00:10
CianideDeath
Account deleted
I love Primordial other than that not much man
15.09.2006 - 00:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 15.09.2006 at 00:10

I love Primordial other than that not much man

But its not DEATG/DOOM and i live it too, i had last album and i had hear other too, great irish band :bnger2:
----

apos;'
[image]