Metal Storm logo
Death/Doom Appreciation

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 13.09.2006 - 01:15
This thread was created to pay homeage to great Death Metal bands who add Doom Metal elements to their sonic assaults. These bands include the greats such as Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Incantation and dISEMBOWELMENT to lesser knowns such as Mausoleum and Coffins. Discuss, recomend and appreciate great Death/Doom bands
31.07.2009 - 14:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by spirit_inblack on 31.07.2009 at 04:43

Anyone here listen to Mystic Charm from the netherlands? pretty good stuff, despite only releasing one album. the vocals are done by a female and are pretty damn wicked and the riffs are nice and heavy and sound very obituary-esque at times

Weird, I had never even heard of this band. will have to check them out though.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2009 - 15:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.07.2009 at 14:46

Anyone here listen to Mystic Charm from the netherlands? pretty good stuff, despite only releasing one album. the vocals are done by a female and are pretty damn wicked and the riffs are nice and heavy and sound very obituary-esque at times

A band Marcel doesn't know about. It's celebration time lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
31.07.2009 - 15:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by BloodTears on 31.07.2009 at 15:37

A band Marcel doesn't know about. It's celebration time lol

It's not weird I don't a certain band but a band from The Netherlands I have never heard of is quite weird especially when it comes to doom
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2009 - 16:00
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I am intent on listening to Coffins some time in the future. I have heard some very good things about them.
31.07.2009 - 17:42
spirit_inblack
harshhead

They are really great IMO and the female growler puts many males to shame lol. They only released one album, in '94, but it's excellent stuff and very overlooked.
31.07.2009 - 17:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by spirit_inblack on 31.07.2009 at 17:42

They are really great IMO and the female growler puts many males to shame lol. They only released one album, in '94, but it's excellent stuff and very overlooked.

Seeing it was released by a small labl it is no wonder it was overlooked. PLus 1994 wasn't the best of times due to grunge
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2009 - 19:29
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I'm listening to Coffins right now, and I must say that their music has put me into a trance with their slow, steady rhythms and crushing guitars and bass lines.
08.08.2009 - 14:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 07.08.2009 at 19:29

I'm listening to Coffins right now, and I must say that their music has put me into a trance with their slow, steady rhythms and crushing guitars and bass lines.

Coffins is a great band especially last year's Buried Death.

Now listening to the latest by Process Of Guilt, namely Erosion. And this is once again a brilliant death doom release by these Portuguese men. I am almost 100% sure that not a single band in the death doom subgenere will come close to this album this year
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.08.2009 - 15:25
TheBigRossowski

I want to check out Coffins too, but I keep forgetting. It's almost as if I fall into a state of ADHD when I'm on the computer. I have about a thousand different thoughts running through my head. I just recently checked out Mar De Grises which is quite known, great band!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
08.08.2009 - 19:01
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by TheBigRossowski on 08.08.2009 at 15:25

I want to check out Coffins too, but I keep forgetting. It's almost as if I fall into a state of ADHD when I'm on the computer. I have about a thousand different thoughts running through my head. I just recently checked out Mar De Grises which is quite known, great band!

I get that very same feeling whenever I'm on the computer. I go to a website with the intent of finding something specific, but when I get there, I instantly forget what I was looking for.
08.08.2009 - 19:09
TheBigRossowski
Written by Guest on 08.08.2009 at 19:01

Written by TheBigRossowski on 08.08.2009 at 15:25

I get that very same feeling whenever I'm on the computer. I go to a website with the intent of finding something specific, but when I get there, I instantly forget what I was looking for.

Well, for me it's quite the opposite. I'll get to that certain website and then three things will pop into mind, ''Oh! I wanted to look up that band, read this review and search for a book on Amazon!'' I hate that!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
27.12.2011 - 18:36
Aristarchos
Cemetary, Sororicide, great bands.
29.12.2011 - 04:37
adace1
I recently got into November's Doom. Really awesome band.
22.09.2012 - 01:27
Chaosjunkie
Death/doom may be my favorite genre in all of metal here are the bands that listen to.
ahab-really funeral doom but hey
daylight dies-they have a new one out in oct.
doom-vs-awesome death/doom
ghost brigade
novembers doom
rapture-this band disbanded but great stuff it sounds like brave murder day era katatonia
there is a few anyway. if anyone has any suggestions to bands similar to what i listed please let me have em.
22.09.2012 - 12:09
Narterath
How about Ceremonium? I'm not sure if they were mentioned before, but their album 'Into The Autumn Shade' is a great example of Death/Doom metal
22.11.2012 - 20:39
BreadGod
Account deleted
I noticed that Russia has a really large doom/death scene. Here's a band from that region I've really been digging.
07.12.2012 - 04:58
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Can't go wrong with some of Daylight Dies music. I just heard their new album "A Frail Becoming" and it's really solid stuff!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
08.12.2012 - 05:55
Evil Chip
I'm begining with this genre since last year (funeral mostly). I'm currently listening to Esoteric's The Maniacal Vale and Evoken's Antithesis of Light. The best that I've heard so far too. Really awesome albums.
01.01.2013 - 23:22
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Anybody listen to Grand Supreme Blood Court yet? Haven't gotten around to doing so yet.
02.01.2013 - 12:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by SilentScream on 01.01.2013 at 23:22

Anybody listen to Grand Supreme Blood Court yet? Haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

first of all I would call it old school death metal. Second of all most superfluous redudant band EVER just look who plays in the band. And soundwise it is also a mix of Asphyx and Hail Of Bullets, so GSBC can be labelled Asphyx 3.0
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.01.2013 - 06:30
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.01.2013 at 12:57

Written by SilentScream on 01.01.2013 at 23:22

first of all I would call it old school death metal. Second of all most superfluous redudant band EVER just look who plays in the band. And soundwise it is also a mix of Asphyx and Hail Of Bullets, so GSBC can be labelled Asphyx 3.0

Listening to it now. Gotta admit you aren't wrong there.

Rather uninspired, B-grade Hail of Bullets.
09.01.2013 - 06:17
Yeah I Do Dig Mystic Charm Thanks Man And I'm Quite Picky:banger::banger:
----
RED
06.06.2013 - 00:42
FCB
Give Murw from The Netherlands a change, unique death/doom with almost prog bits here and there: Murw Bandcamp.
20.02.2020 - 10:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just in blind spott I found out this Finnish band Sáwol, checked abit album (will listen whole later)
Its great , as sadness, sorrows in their music, Finlands nature aproach, its not death, not doom, its between when you search one element its lost, there is other and otherway around, same time boat are strong there

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.03.2020 - 15:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
24.03.2020 - 19:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Modern tendency to actual news

COVID-19

Spinnet that its death doom more what goes to death, a bit Runemagic, nice music, I like them a lot, but somehow I have something aganst name
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2020 - 08:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Magus

It has old school death/doom grunts, melidies, vocals, it also has softer side in melody. amazing

----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2020 - 12:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Just find out old school death doom metal from from Malta.
Slow, deep riffs , dISBOWELMENR vocals meets Winter vocals but a bit better.

Band has one album ''Symmetry of Our Plagued Existence''

----

apos;'
[image]
30.12.2020 - 09:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Descending void a Russian death/doom metal covers Pink Floyd

----

apos;'
[image]
17.02.2021 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nice piece from Estonia , only death/doom think before electro industrial

----

apos;'
[image]