Metal Storm logo
Getting Into: Deathcore

Written by: Thryce
Published: 10.07.2011

Yo. You know what this board needs? A heavy dose of MAN DA FUCK UP!! Srsly!

xDEATHCOREx NOT FOA PUSSAYS!!!!

For the uninformed, xDeathcorex iz definitely THA mozt authentic toughguy genre eva. Combining the blunt br00tality of deff methul and the relentless aggression of HxC, xDeathcorex iz basically a hybrid mash-up of the bestest elements of both offspring of the devil's musiq. 4 realz.

IDK why but despite being one of the mozt interesting buzzgenres of the last couple of years, xDeathcorex iz also a much hated genre. What the eff, ppl? Don't be hatin' on an entire genre solely bc of the pokemon haircuts, the flat-brimmed caps and the mesh shorts. That's just, y'know, pretentious, and totally a matter of snobbism.

Leave it to dis br00tal article to bitchslap some sense into them leather pants-wearing snobs.

True, the genre might be plagued with countless run-of-the-mill $hitty bands / popalr poser pussays. But lettuce be reality, mozt ppl are just dissing xDeathcorex cuz they obviously ghey cuz they obviously ain't gotta clue where da fuck to look for the r33l diamonds in the sea of $hit.

Leave it to dis br00tal article to bitchslap some directions into them clueless lost souls.

BTW: If u happen to be a xDeathcorex connoisseur/all-round coolguy as well, feel free to hurt my feelingz [via guestbook-comments below] for all the mainstream $hit I listed here by adding ur own kewl recommendations. No fakes pls! Note that at least 1/3 of the ppl reading dis site ain't fifteen/braindead morons, so, y'know, rlly no need for a catalogue of Oceano/Emmure/Blowjob For A Cowboy clones. Srsly!

Letz disquss:

Do u know any authentic leather pants-wearing xDeathcorex buzzbands?
Were u already h8ing on xDeathcorex before it was "in" to h8 on xDeathcorex? Or r u just doin' it bc all ur bros are doin' it?
Do u think cowboys rlly give better blowjobs? What abt underwater handjobs?
Is dis wigger gibberish doin' anyfin for u [via massive broner]?

Anywayz, if u ain't into xDeathcorex u srsly ghey u srsly needs to check on the following sick releases. Letz roll!!!!

#Essential_xDeathcorex_Classiqs

Animosity

Lil' history lesson: Animosity iz one of the firstwavers and major influencers for the genre (and not JFAC liek some faggits claim). The foundations are clrly noticeable: $lammin' deff methul mixed with HxC vibes. U know where dis iz goin': hard-hitting mosh jams that'll get u pumped.

MOSH TILL U DROP!!!! OL SKOOL STYLE

Add to shopping cart: Shut It Down (2003)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Despised fuckin' Icon

On to an authentic textbook example of tr00 xDeathcorex. Bring Me The Whoreizon teyk note:

Despised fuckin' Icon: spearheading, yet now-defunct, tho still badazz.
Sounds liek: gutteral $lammin' br00tality.
Gr8est achievement: havin' a mega impact on da scene/gettin' meh wet.

Need u, miss u, <3 u 4evr

Add to shopping cart: The Healing Process (2005)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

I The Breather

Massive buzzband rite hurr! IDK bout yall, but if yer still getting ur fix of br00tality via dinosaur bands such as Deiside, Canebel Kourpse, Snobituary and other associated lamestreamers, u srsly ain't have a fukken clue what's goin' on in 2day's scene. Check out I The Breather if u mofukkaz wants it moar bulkier and relevant.

R U FUCKIN MOSHING ALREADY??

Add to shopping cart: These Are My Sins (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

All Shall Perish

U can either agree or b wrong, but All Shall Perish iz prolly beyond relevant rite now. As yall should know, dis blazin' xDeathcorex powerhouse has wrapped up another assault of an album, expected to crush all kinda nuts worldwide very soonish. Can't go wrong with ASP. $hit iz sick!

ASP, gettin' ur groove on since 2K1

Add to shopping cart: evryfin'
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Within The Ruins

No idea what the eff is goin' on hurr - where's da br00tal?? - but $hit sounds awe-some. R they xDeathcorex? R they methul [via Methullica cover]? They do kinda have dis thrashy vibe & feel... #nostalgia? Anywayz, no time 2 think, gotta go wreck it up in da pit.

DA SOUND OF DNT GIVA $HYT

Add to shopping cart: Omen [EP] (2011)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Circle Of Contempt

Up for some cutting-edge tech-xDeathcorex that'll rip yo cojones off? Ofcoursly u are! Circle Of Contempt gots that xtra djent-liek next-level $hit goin' on. Stuff yall liek fo' sho'. Tellin' u, deez duders gon b big!

Well-played, djentlemen! Well-played!

Add to shopping cart: Artifacts in Motion (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

The Contortionist

So u dig it with a djent vibe, huh? Gots just da stuff 4u. Here's ur fix of suh-weetness and fukken heaviness brought 2gethr on dis must-check cocksmasher of an album.

The Contortionist for presidjent!

Add to shopping cart: Exoplanet (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Ion Dissonance

K, back 2 br00tality. It's kinda common knowledge that Ion Dissonance iz pretty much the sickest xDeathcorex act of the moment. Why u dare ask? Bc they so br00tal yall burst in2 spontaneous combustion, datz fukken y.

FUCKING-A, WE'RE MESSED UP!

Add to shopping cart: Cursed (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Born Of Osiris

Anothr heavyweight buzzband beyond relevant atm iz Born Of Osiris. Deez d00ds bring moar prog-minded, keyboard-laden xDeathcorex to da pit. Not the easiest thing 2 "get". But oh-em-gee how cumblastingly delicious can u pssbly sound?

Intelligent xDeathcorex in 2K11

Add to shopping cart: The Discovery (2011)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

The Acacia Strain

Say what u wants abt The Acacia Strain but dis stuff'll blast ur $hit. Y'know, it's catchy-yet-br00tal 'n all... Tho lettuce b clear, dis's pretty much their only gud album. So, uh, the rest of The Acacia Strain disco sorta sux balz, srry

Srry 4 tha life vid 2 UTube deleted all gud vids... prolly bc TAS r too fuckin' heavy. Be sure 2 check out dis song tho.

Add to shopping cart: The Dead Walk (2008)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Bermuda

Moar straight-up xDeathcorex! Leave it 2 da Aussies to come up with sum sick stuff that literally crushes body 'n soul. Srsly <3'ing deez thugs atm, can't get enough of 'em. Yall be losin' ur $hit with all deez instant moshpit classiqs.

Log out. Shut down. GO MOSH!

Add to shopping cart: DSM Axis IV [EP] (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Thy Art Is Murder

Talkin' bout Aussies, here's another massive band that'll make u punch ur gf in da teeth. Tellin' ya, no $cene $hyt to be found over there, only gravitty bla$$tz 'n mofukkin' $$lam.

Aussies and xDeathcorex. WINNING!

Add to shopping cart: The Adversary (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

After The Burial

K, in 4 some moar bodyslammin'? U betcha! After The Burial just keep busin' out deez sick rhymez that border between prog xmetalcorex and xDeathcorex. That's, liek, quite the testosterony mix, amirite? No srsly, u hafta hear dis... cuz earz = raped!

<insert awesome here>

Add to shopping cart: In Dreams (2010)
Check 'em [via MySpace]

Tl;dr: xDeathcorex iz sexy!

YEAH, DIS JUST HAPPENED. DEAL WID IT MOFUKKAZ.

Comments

Comments: 116   Visited by: 459 users
10.07.2011 - 17:53
Milena
gloom cookie
I thought I was familiar with 1337 talk or whatever the fuck they call it these days, but I couldn't read it. Do you have a clean version of this?
----
7.0 means the album is good
10.07.2011 - 18:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Deathcore, pussified metal for wannabe tough kiddies
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.07.2011 - 18:03
Claus

HA! Talk about being ironic!
10.07.2011 - 18:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Milena on 10.07.2011 at 17:53

I thought I was familiar with 1337 talk or whatever the fuck they call it these days, but I couldn't read it. Do you have a clean version of this?

Google need to add a need language to Translate.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
10.07.2011 - 19:34
Moop Monster

This is by far the most disgusting perversion of the English language I have ever seen. I pray to god (or whatever) that this doesn't take off anytime soon or humanity is doomed to wallow in ignorance. BTW, "toughguy genre"? is that your biggest selling point?
10.07.2011 - 20:06
Ag Fox
Angel No More

i understood every word despite not using leetspeak since 2007. Now I feel young again
----
loves 小巫
10.07.2011 - 21:41
Urizen367

I dont if this guy was serious or not (i'm learning towards not), but i found this article fuckin hilarious. and i will continue hatin hxc defcore for the simple reason of i dont like it and their' fans keep fuckin up the shows and shutting down venues in my areas. go have your air-hating dance circles outside of my line of sight.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
10.07.2011 - 22:05
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Thryce actually got some respect from me for writting this article. I do wonder about his real intentions though... If his intentions were for people to actually get into the genre then I sort of doubt he will find any success because sadly, there are too many people who still have some major stupid prejuices about the genre (or like you say it.. they are quite gay).

Even though I completely despise the way you wrote this article and because of it I don't think that many will take your recommendations seriously... I will check some of this stuff out because hey... Ion Dissonance is pretty fucking great tbh.

Big smooch brah. stay br00tal.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.07.2011 - 23:00
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by X-Ray Rod on 10.07.2011 at 22:05
Even though I completely despise the way you wrote this article and because of it I don't think that many will take your recommendations seriously...

Exactly. Read the first two sentences, decided it's just stupid nonsense, left.
----
11.07.2011 - 00:09
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Urizen367 on 10.07.2011 at 21:41

I dont if this guy was serious or not.

Of course I'm serious. If I wanted to write a joke article, I would have picked bands like Oceano, Emmure, Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence.
Written by corrupt on 10.07.2011 at 23:00

Exactly. Read the first two sentences, decided it's just stupid nonsense, left.

Actually, before leaving, you also took the time to write up this highly informative statement reminding everyone you suck at having fun.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.07.2011 - 00:19
raul m

Written by Thryce on 11.07.2011 at 00:09

Of course I'm serious. If I wanted to write a joke article, I would have picked bands like Oceano, Emmure, Bring Me The Horizon and Suicide Silence.

I'd like to point you to The Newreview's "review" of suicide silence's new creation, where they peg Frank Mullen's guest vocals the weakest of the album, beneath Lights and the vocalist of korn.

I mean how fucking dare they.
11.07.2011 - 00:23
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Actually, before leaving, you also took the time to write up this highly informative statement reminding everyone you suck at having fun.

Obviously there's only one definition of fun here. One by a guy who takes things to a personal level whenever he's criticized. Nice try putting me into the defensive though. I almost fell for it.
----
11.07.2011 - 00:47
raul m

Written by corrupt on 11.07.2011 at 00:23

Obviously there's only one definition of fun here. One by a guy who takes things to a personal level whenever he's criticized. Nice try putting me into the defensive though. I almost fell for it.

would've been better if u had really done what u claimed to do and left.
11.07.2011 - 01:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by corrupt on 11.07.2011 at 00:23

I don't find any fun in this article, either. It's annoying to read. Had only the first paragraph been written like then it would have gained power, credibility and even fun factor. But now it's a joke that starts of strong but becomes weak because it drags on.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.07.2011 - 01:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Not a huge fan of the music, but loved the article. found the continued "forcing" of the joke (or in my opinion, simply 'not breaking character') to be hilarious.

it's preemptively dismissive of the types of people who are likely to respond in a dismissive manner to an article on Deathcore, regardless as to how it is written. kudos.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.07.2011 - 01:19
Fat & Sassy!

My real-life reactions to this article
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qKOhTvh_qE

Pretty sure this article brofisted my face off, cus I can't feel it at the moment. Seriously though, I've been meaning to look into more Deathcore lately (or more stuff with deathcore elements). Thanks for the, uh, "informative" read.
11.07.2011 - 01:52
wormdrink414

No love for Carnifex? Whaa?
11.07.2011 - 02:20
Kuroboshi

Fucking ace! That was a fun read, oh yes it was.
11.07.2011 - 05:37
strade

Hilarious.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
11.07.2011 - 06:00
JD
Account deleted
Written by wormdrink414 on 11.07.2011 at 01:52

No love for Carnifex? Whaa?

I will add Salt The Wound to that.

It was really fun to read. "DEAL WID IT MOFUKKAZ"
11.07.2011 - 11:47
Milena
gloom cookie
Written by Ag Fox on 10.07.2011 at 20:06

i understood every word despite not using leetspeak since 2007. Now I feel young again

I understood it, it was just really hard to read and I didn't remember a word
----
7.0 means the album is good
11.07.2011 - 12:10
qlacs
"The Quaker"
THis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxi6tSCYygc

Within The Ruins and new BoO is teh shitz. Dough dere are better songz from WTR.
----
11.07.2011 - 13:24
Megi

Written by Moop Monster on 10.07.2011 at 19:34

This is by far the most disgusting perversion of the English language I have ever seen. I pray to god (or whatever) that this doesn't take off anytime soon or humanity is doomed to wallow in ignorance. BTW, "toughguy genre"? is that your biggest selling point?

You do realize this guy is clearly being sarcastic? He's showing us that this genre has potential, but still playing on stereotypes by typing all 'br00tal n stufz.'
11.07.2011 - 14:05
Windrider
Raureif
Dude you type like a 15 year old girl being a wannabe emo... Deathcore? No thanks
11.07.2011 - 15:29
AtrumHiberna

I am and will be one of the haters of this "genre" that dares to include itself to metal music.
I'm a very open minded guy, I tried to listen to deathcore and find something good to it but I could't stand it from the first minutes.
oh, and thumbs up to Windrider for what he wrote, he couldn't be more right
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
11.07.2011 - 16:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Windrider on 11.07.2011 at 14:05

Dude you type like a 15 year old girl being a wannabe emo... Deathcore? No thanks

Written by AtrumHiberna on 11.07.2011 at 15:29

oh, and thumbs up to Windrider for what he wrote, he couldn't be more right

Woa, you two (among some other people) took the language-joke seriously. My mind... it's blown.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.07.2011 - 17:08
Baz Anderson

Impossible to read, but I might give one or two of the videos a quick go out of interest.

EDIT: ok, I tried, music is impossible to listen to too.
11.07.2011 - 17:19
brapp32

I the Breather isn't deathcore.
11.07.2011 - 17:35
Megi

No offense, I don't want to be a smartass, but this is clearly a joke...does nobody get that this guy isn't actually illiterate, and the br00tal language is completely on purpose? man...u goiz srsly ghey
11.07.2011 - 18:11
Carrion Misery

Deathcore kids = cartoon characters who look like they crapped their pants.

My area is teeming with this scene and it's quite unsettling. The article did make me laugh though. Especially the picture of the guy throwing up gang signs.

Many deathcore bands are highly skilled at their instruments, but the whole pseudo-intelligence mixed with "toughguy" attitude doesn't mix well for me. It's very off putting and it makes me keep my distance. Next to the ridiculous stage antics, the vocals are probably my biggest peeve about this genre "WAH WAH WAH". Watching these videos only refreshes my distaste.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming

Hits total: 16877 | This month: 27