Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

24.08.2011 - 20:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.08.2011 - 03:37
Metal_4Ever

I suggest to make a link for know who voted in polls.
Also for polls makers they can't edit their choices so I suggest something for edit the choices, and thanks alot!
26.08.2011 - 14:37
Ziom

RSS feeds for Staff Picks
31.08.2011 - 04:27
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
1. I suggest we add: Favorite Games, Favorite Riff, Favorite Solo to users' profile pages. It's useless, I know, but since we have Favorite album and Favorite song, why not have these?
2. I suggest that each user gets a journal where he can write anything METAL he wants.
3. I suggest to add something called "Mini Review" for each album in your collection. You write a 5 line review for each album. You open up someone's collection, you see a ten, and a link below saying "Show Mini Review".
31.08.2011 - 04:57
JCJen7

In a signature, if you want to have links, the 'character limit' should be to the final outcome of characters, not how many letters are actually in the link. For example, look at my signature. Despite there barely being any writing, the 3 links almost make it too big of a sig.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
31.08.2011 - 05:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I know it would be abused. but how about a like/dislike button?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.08.2011 - 05:28
JCJen7

Written by Guest on 31.08.2011 at 04:27

1. I suggest we add: Favorite Games, Favorite Riff, Favorite Solo to users' profile pages. It's useless, I know, but since we have Favorite album and Favorite song, why not have these?

To me, that seems to start getting a little too particular, and a little silly. I even think asking us our favorite album and song is a little goofy, as most people simply answer 'too many'.

2. I suggest that each user gets a journal where he can write anything METAL he wants.

We do have personal text on our profiles, and lists. I guess I am just having trouble thinking of anything that someone could write in there, that couldn't be in a list format, or their personal text area. Possibly I am just creatively held-back here though.

3. I suggest to add something called "Mini Review" for each album in your collection. You write a 5 line review for each album. You open up someone's collection, you see a ten, and a link below saying "Show Mini Review".

Well that might be nice. And then on the album's main page, there could be some link saying "see user's mini reviews", and you could see what each user has written about that album. Although, once again, people could just write these reviews in the comment section on each album's thread. But hey, a lot of people might like these ideas.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
31.08.2011 - 06:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Anything like/dislike related is a waste of fucking time and effort. the site used to have a +1 option, where comments could be approved by other users and add to the OP's "score"...

the problem was moronic comments of the LCD nature (Immortal rules :Banger!:*) would get a slew of +1s from other morons who are incapable of writing in complete sentences. anything that required thought or challenged convention were oft ignored.

mini reviews? what's the point? if an album moves you, take the time to write 300 words. it's not that hard. or if you are too lazy, each album has its very own thread where you can insert your comments.

* the silly banger smiley was almost always inserted incorrectly, as i did above.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.08.2011 - 06:28
Berserk

The first two could be included in the "my comments/ personal text" (whatever its called) part of your profile easily. I do like the idea of the Mini Review though... In fact, I think that would be a great feature to have.
----
Fear the Old Blood
31.08.2011 - 13:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 31.08.2011 at 05:26

There should be an options of "Getting Popular" and "Such a Bitch" near the "Title" name. I mean if the user is really popular for the stuff he/she contributing to this website or whatever the other reasons are, other members should hit for an button among two of them. This can be used as promoted tool for becoming a staff too. The least popular user will automatically get deleted from this site or something you guys can variate related to this. (:

Hope my suggestion will really add some value!!

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at...The points system is a perfectly fine way to gauge site contribution levels. As for users rating other users? Yeah, that would get reeeeal messy reeeeal fast.

As far as banning people/deleting accounts as well promoting people to staff, our simple system works now: Act like a dick, get banned. Act like an adult, and prove yourself valuable to the community by contributing, we promote. I don't see any need to implement some sort of popularity contest.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.08.2011 - 16:32
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by JCJen7 on 31.08.2011 at 05:28

To me, that seems to start getting a little too particular, and a little silly. I even think asking us our favorite album and song is a little goofy, as most people simply answer 'too many'.

I said it's useless and I know it's silly but it's just for fun.
31.08.2011 - 23:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Boxcar Willy on 31.08.2011 at 05:02

No facebook crap out here dude...! Why because? Other user will then gonna come up with +1 or -1 kinda shit and then it will go on in to the hideous unnecessary discussions.
01.09.2011 - 04:36
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Yes but i like arguing
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.09.2011 - 18:35
JD
Account deleted
As far as I know when you want to reply to 3 or even 4 users in one post, the only users who gets a notification is the first one,

In other words the only users who will gets a notification here is BitterCOld, so if there is any way to make all of them gets a notifications will be great.

(sorry if this has been brought up here before).

Written by BitterCOld on 24.08.2011 at 20:00

Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.

Okay.

Written by Boxcar Willy on 31.08.2011 at 05:02

Hell no!

Written by Metal_4Ever on 25.08.2011 at 03:37

Also for polls makers they can't edit their choices so I suggest something for edit the choices, and thanks alot!

+1
01.09.2011 - 20:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 01.09.2011 at 18:35

As far as I know when you want to reply to 3 or even 4 users in one post, the only users who gets a notification is the first one,

In other words the only users who will gets a notification here is BitterCOld, so if there is any way to make all of them gets a notifications will be great.

That's correct! And I agree with you, it'd be great if they could add a multiquote button or something, which would probably fix the problem. At the moment, the only way of multiple quoting, is to quote each post individually, cut or copy it, and then insert it into your next quoted post. By doing this, I think only the last person you quoted when you hit "post message" gets a notification that you have replied to them.

@Doc: Couldn't agree more.
03.09.2011 - 15:01
Behdaad
DEAD
One suggestion about the style of view (forum style/comments style)
Both have positive points.
In the forum style, you can see the avatar, signature and some profile info (country, age, count of posts) and with the comments style, you see a person's rating to an album (in albums section)

I think it's a good idea to have album ratings even if forum style view.
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
07.09.2011 - 19:32
Ludicus
Ludicus
Parsing links in the band suggestion comments would be nice, for posting songs from Youtube & such.
15.09.2011 - 10:43
Milena
gloom cookie
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could filter new releases and upcoming releases by genre? And by country too? That way, you could quickly have a heads up on, let's say, what's new in thrash metal and what you could listen. Or what's new from a particular country.

Edit: Figured you can do that with featured albums. Go me
----
7.0 means the album is good
25.09.2011 - 02:44
Vombatus
Potorro
Maybe putting a date option for the events ? like instead of only city/venue/country, some calendar option putting up the shows available during a month, or during a short period (like inseting "from date X to date Y").

Have no idea if it's complicated or not, posible or just useless... but I'd use something like that alot
02.10.2011 - 12:54
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
One thing I would love to have is seeing user's rating of the album in the album thread but with seeing their avatars as well. Now this is only possible with removing their avatars (through settings --> All forum posts look like comments --> yes). Ivan, why not make both avatars and rating visible?

P.S. One more thing: it would great to see users' ratings in the review thread of the album just like in the album discussion thread.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
02.10.2011 - 18:19
JD
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 02.10.2011 at 12:54

P.S. One more thing: it would great to see users' ratings in the review thread of the album just like in the album discussion thread.

+1
02.10.2011 - 20:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Ya that's just what we need...more people bitching about other users' ratings. VOTE ABUSE VOTE ABUSE ZOMG WHY U NO LIKE MY FAVE BAND TROLL NOOB POSEUR LOL BANHAMMER PLZ STAFF ZOMG WHY STAFF NO LISTEN

Just sayin'.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.10.2011 - 22:16
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.10.2011 at 20:23

Ya that's just what we need...more people bitching about other users' ratings. VOTE ABUSE VOTE ABUSE ZOMG WHY U NO LIKE MY FAVE BAND TROLL NOOB POSEUR LOL BANHAMMER PLZ STAFF ZOMG WHY STAFF NO LISTEN

Just sayin'.

What? The feature is already there, I am just asking to improve it.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
05.10.2011 - 20:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.10.2011 at 20:23

Just sayin'.

You hurt Syk's feelings
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2011 - 23:00
king_matt

Maybe the ability to make a rough draft of a list so you don't lose what you've done and have the ability to edit it, but other people can't see your list yet?
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
03.11.2011 - 10:52
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Guest on 07.10.2011 at 01:24

The suggestion: Reserving some edit one is checking at some specific moment.

The situation now: Check some edit -> check it fastly so that the work spent in checking would be worth it; (so that no other will accept it before you) / and there could be many users working on the same thing.

- downside: profoundly committed background work is not respected.

The situation suggested: One reserves the one (1) edit he/she -'s about to take care of for a 30 or 60 minutes and therefore has the chance to do the job done without hurrying.

- the greatness: profoundly committed background work is respected.

Made flags available for non-staff people. If you want to reserve an edit, click on the dark flag next to it. It won't prevent other users from accessing the edit, but it will let them know that someone is already working on it.
14.11.2011 - 01:22
MiguelLopes

How about someone create some Widget for the central notification of the new iOS 5 with the news and those updates that we receive here on the site?
----
Participa no forum portugues de red hot chili peppers e ajuda-nos a crescer
http://rhcpportugal.forumeiros.com/
17.11.2011 - 23:52
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by MiguelLopes on 14.11.2011 at 01:22

How about someone create some Widget for the central notification of the new iOS 5 with the news and those updates that we receive here on the site?

Lots of work for a small group of people. There are tons of Android users on here as well. I brought up the suggestion a while ago, I was going to write one but its really just a waste of time.
18.11.2011 - 01:34
MiguelLopes

I dont think so. There are many people that came here just to see the news and close this down without even join. This is the one of the biggest metal news sites (And my favorite to be honest) of the world, and i there is a lot of pleople using iOS 5 either on iphones, as well on iPods or Ipads
----
Participa no forum portugues de red hot chili peppers e ajuda-nos a crescer
http://rhcpportugal.forumeiros.com/
24.11.2011 - 18:33
Windrider
Raureif
I think we should add 'Blackgaze' finally to the style/genre list and change in bands like Alcest this old 'Black Metal / Shoegaze' stuff into 'Blackgaze'.
Everyone calls it this way and it is somehow living metal history that this name becomes familiar, like 'Black Metal', 'Viking Metal' et cetera once did.