07. Endtime Hearts
08. State Of Trust
09. Weight Of The End
10. None Becoming
11. Immemorial [USA bonus]
12. Photon Dreams [USA bonus]

Featured in "Getting Into: Dark Tranquillity"

Additional info
Guitars, bass, vocals and electronics recorded at Rogue Music. Engineered by Johan Örnborg and Martin Brändström.
Drums recorded at Nacksving Studios. Engineered by Johan Örnborg and Isak Edh.
Mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios except "Photon Dreams" mixed by Johan Örnborg at Fascination Street Studios.

Artwork and layout by Cabin Fever Media.
Portrait photos by Daniel Falk.

Staff review by
Darkside Momo
Rating:
N/A
When "For Broken Words", Construct's opener, was first previewed, reactions were mixed, to say the least - and that's only natural given the weird, mid-tempo nature of this song. Then we got a classical Dark Tranquillity song ("The Science Of Noise", a future live anthem to be sure), and a mellow song with clean vocals ("Uniformity"). Varied album? Indeed! So, how's the rest? Well, screaming 'masterpîece' is obviously a case of blind fanboyism, but talking about 'pure crap' is totally a prejudiced, off-the-mark vision; as usual (and especially with an album like this one) the answer lies in the silence in between (ah ah).

Read more ››
published 11.06.2013 | Comments (40)

Found in 49 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 120   Visited by: 1443 users
10.08.2012 - 17:15
MechanisT
Account deleted
We Are The Void was mediocre at best. Let's hope this one's better. Either way, eagerly anticipating it.
10.08.2012 - 22:54
Rating: 8
Wes
Written by Guest on 10.08.2012 at 17:15

We Are The Void was mediocre at best. Let's hope this one's better. Either way, eagerly anticipating it.

We Are The Void is my favorite album by them by a long shot, many fans feel the same believe it or not. I hope more than anything, that the new album continues in the same style!
I'm guessing you are pretty familiar with the album, but did you try the tour edition which includes 3 or 4 new songs? Perhaps it's just not your style since its different than the previous albums, but it took me several attempts to appreciate it.
10.08.2012 - 23:05
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Wes on 10.08.2012 at 22:54

We Are The Void is my favorite album by them by a long shot, many fans feel the same believe it or not. I hope more than anything, that the new album continues in the same style!
I'm guessing you are pretty familiar with the album, but did you try the tour edition which includes 3 or 4 new songs? Perhaps it's just not your style since its different than the previous albums, but it took me several attempts to appreciate it.

Been a DT fan ever since the release of Damage Done. What an album. Even the subsequent two releases delivered with devastating effect, but We Are The Void sounded too... recycled. So I disagree with you in that I believe the album is pretty much the continuing trend of the sound found in Damage Done, albeit much inferior.
Yeah, I heard the bonus tracks and I have to say, none of them were serious head turners. Again, Dark Tranquillity will always be able to churn out good songs. It's just that their "tried and tested" formula looks to be growing on me. I need something more from them to really be impressed.
10.08.2012 - 23:15
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
They're never going to write another record as good as The Gallery, but here's hoping that it will be better than We Are the Void.
18.08.2012 - 16:06
s_t_s

It's all a matter of taste but I like all DT releases ever since they changed style with "Projector". And "We are the Void" is certainly NOT a mediocre album. Say you don't like it, don't say this is mediocre. Have no doubt next release will be as good as the previous !
18.08.2012 - 20:17
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by s_t_s on 18.08.2012 at 16:06

And "We are the Void" is certainly NOT a mediocre album. Say you don't like it, don't say this is mediocre. Have no doubt next release will be as good as the previous !

Why so assertive? And why SHOULDN'T I say an album is mediocre when I clearly feel that it's textbook mediocre at best? I'm a big DT fan but this album left a lot to be desired, as simple as that.
Also, mediocre = underwhelming, NOT dislike. At least, in my book.
18.08.2012 - 21:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Everything after Character isn't worth the time to be honest. They haven't matched the confidence and integrity of that record since, which even managed to cut out all Damage Done's weak points (too many synths, poor production etc). The last record was a particularly empty effort.
18.08.2012 - 21:48
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.08.2012 at 21:30

Everything after Character isn't worth the time to be honest.

Yeah, I'm probably not going to even check out their next release unless some of the singles are just amazing. I got really bored with the last two albums, which was such a shame after Character was so good.
18.08.2012 - 21:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.08.2012 at 21:48

Yeah, I'm probably not going to even check out their next release unless some of the singles are just amazing. I got really bored with the last two albums, which was such a shame after Character was so good.

Yeah Character had some serious balls for a melodeath album. Those balls kinda shriveled up after it...
19.08.2012 - 14:03
s_t_s
Written by Guest on 18.08.2012 at 20:17

Written by s_t_s on 18.08.2012 at 16:06

And "We are the Void" is certainly NOT a mediocre album. Say you don't like it, don't say this is mediocre. Have no doubt next release will be as good as the previous !

Why so assertive? And why SHOULDN'T I say an album is mediocre when I clearly feel that it's textbook mediocre at best? I'm a big DT fan but this album left a lot to be desired, as simple as that.
Also, mediocre = underwhelming, NOT dislike. At least, in my book.

I didn't mean to look aggressive hey Up to you to dislike it, I love it and really wonder how the next DT will sound like !
19.08.2012 - 16:01
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by s_t_s on 19.08.2012 at 14:03

I didn't mean to look aggressive hey Up to you to dislike it, I love it and really wonder how the next DT will sound like !

No worries, bud. At least we both can agree on that we are anticipating DT's latest eagerly.
20.09.2012 - 20:29
metaleaterr
abstract_bliss
Whoever added this better add the next release too...the 2015 one:lol:
02.01.2013 - 06:34
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Love Dark Tranquility! Greatly enjoyed their least few albums, including 'We Are the Void'. Cant wait to here some new material!!!!
08.02.2013 - 00:54
reload3591
The titles of their albums tend to be very telling about the mood they are trying to create on them. I expect that with a name like "Construct" they intend to be very bold and aggressive. I am anticipating that it will be an album much like Character. I love their powerful and melodic tunes, but I feel like WATV and Fiction could have been made more dynamic with a couple of high tempo barn-burners.
26.02.2013 - 01:37
Rating: 9
Atrus
I expect and hope they make something new. Since Haven allways the same. Very good albums, but same sound/formula.
16.03.2013 - 08:47
SexyCat_1113
I like this album title 'Construct', i think this will be a great album of 2013
18.03.2013 - 13:41
Rating: 7
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I wasn't really fond of their fast paced tunes, I prefer the watered-down, melody focused melodeath they've been doing recently. Hopefully this will satisfy my melodic needs
18.03.2013 - 17:07
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by LeKiwi on 18.03.2013 at 13:41

I prefer the watered-down, melody focused melodeath

Weird way to describe music YOU LIKE
18.03.2013 - 18:23
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by JÄY on 18.03.2013 at 17:07

Written by LeKiwi on 18.03.2013 at 13:41

I prefer the watered-down, melody focused melodeath

Weird way to describe music YOU LIKE

I'm a sucker for melodies...but only good ones. Unfortunately, most of those engaging melodies are paired with a standard song format...a bit tedious but certainly more enjoyable than their previous, melody lacking works. Just an opinion obviously
18.03.2013 - 18:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by LeKiwi on 18.03.2013 at 18:23

...than their previous, melody lacking works. Just an opinion obviously

?

Even their demo had loads of melodies to their songs just not as sugary watered down as nowadays but certainly melody all over the place.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.03.2013 - 19:14
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.03.2013 at 18:30

Written by LeKiwi on 18.03.2013 at 18:23

...than their previous, melody lacking works. Just an opinion obviously

?

Even their demo had loads of melodies to their songs just not as sugary watered down as nowadays but certainly melody all over the place.

I can agree with you there, there are plenty of melodies scattered all over their albums, however I personally find them disconnected and amateur sounding. That's not to say the songs a whole demonstrate similar characteristics. BASICALLY...I'm more fond of slower, melody focused songs rather than palm muting madness I enjoyed their album The Mind's I, so yea...you get the point
22.04.2013 - 11:11
qlacs
"The Quaker"
The Gallery had aggression, that's what DT and all long-running melodeath bands lack ever since the 90's; it's quite sad because they still have the sound, they could be the hands down best melodic death metal band in the world. I'm a helpless Haven and Damage Done fan, nothing tops those for me. WATW sounded like a disaster for my ears, I have really low expectations for Construct.
----
27.04.2013 - 15:50
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by qlacs on 22.04.2013 at 11:11

The Gallery had aggression, that's what DT and all long-running melodeath bands lack ever since the 90's; it's quite sad because they still have the sound, they could be the hands down best melodic death metal band in the world. I'm a helpless Haven and Damage Done fan, nothing tops those for me. WATW sounded like a disaster for my ears, I have really low expectations for Construct.

true story about aggression, though i think character and fiction are also great and aggressive enough. we are the void was a huge dissapointment imo too. probably their less aggressive album with only 2-3 nice moments...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
22.05.2013 - 14:28
s_t_s
Hey no one has reviewed the album yet ? Oups, sorry maybe because it's only leaked out Will give it a few listenings before deciding to buy an official copy.
22.05.2013 - 18:26
MechanisT
Account deleted
Heard the leaked version and, although not overwhelmed by any means, still find it a slight improvement over We Are The Void. That's not saying much, though. I got a significant Projector-esque vibe which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Let's see if it's a grower.
23.05.2013 - 04:25
Metal|Bleed
I heard some stuff and it sounds awesome almost better than most of their albums.
----
Metal T-shirts, Metal accessories, Metal Pants, Metal posters.... For true metal fans only on http://www.metal-shop.eu/bands/
23.05.2013 - 05:41
JÄY
Metal slave
After 1 listen I like it....Too bad the longest song is my least favorite.
23.05.2013 - 11:52
Monolithic
♠♠♠
It is a grower.
23.05.2013 - 15:40
kalmah999
Account deleted
It is a grower indeed, for me at least, very nice album
23.05.2013 - 17:02
MechanisT
Account deleted
Uniformity is so moody. *_* <3 They sure are listening to Viva Emptiness quite a lot by the looks of it. If only there were less filler material...

Hits total: 29398 | This month: 83