Metal Storm logo
Updating Musicians' Band List Bug

‹‹ Back to Bugs
22.08.2012 - 05:01
BlueMobius
Account deleted
When I go to a musician's profile to add a band that they just joined it will take me to the edit page where you select the band, add what instrument the musician is playing, and join date, etc. and the comment box will be there but the source URL box will not be, so I enter the info and hit submit. Then it takes me back to the edit page with an error message that says "must enter source." Now the source box will be back, and the information I entered (instrument, join date, etc) will be there, including the band name (which at this point the band selection list is gone and the band name appears unable to be changed in grey letters) and so I will enter the URL and click submit. Then it takes me back to the error page again and says "Must select band." It's a vicious circle and it's annoying when I'm just trying to get something done and go on about my business.
26.08.2012 - 21:46
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.08.2012 at 21:39

Written by Guest on 22.08.2012 at 05:01

^

You might want to visit this thread: http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=39922

Not quite the same issue. It's not a java error and I'm using Chrome so I've never had a problem adding or editing anything here except for this.
10.03.2019 - 13:24
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Guest on 22.08.2012 at 05:01

When I go to a musician's profile to add a band that they just joined it will take me to the edit page where you select the band, add what instrument the musician is playing, and join date, etc. and the comment box will be there but the source URL box will not be, so I enter the info and hit submit. Then it takes me back to the edit page with an error message that says "must enter source." Now the source box will be back, and the information I entered (instrument, join date, etc) will be there, including the band name (which at this point the band selection list is gone and the band name appears unable to be changed in grey letters) and so I will enter the URL and click submit. Then it takes me back to the error page again and says "Must select band." It's a vicious circle and it's annoying when I'm just trying to get something done and go on about my business.

Sorry for reanimating this ancient thread, but this bug has never been fixed.
I encountered the same problem and it's quite annoying, editing line-ups is virtually impossible.
----
signatures = SPAM
10.03.2019 - 14:08
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Starvynth on 10.03.2019 at 13:24

Sorry for reanimating this ancient thread, but this bug has never been fixed.\

And it never will be
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
10.03.2019 - 14:36
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by RaduP on 10.03.2019 at 14:08

Sorry for reanimating this ancient thread, but this bug has never been fixed.\

And it never will be

Sounds promising!

But it seems you've been helped, somehow:

Written by RaduP on 07.06.2015 at 22:25

[...]

So, I have to add Kristján Einar "Skog" Guðmundsson a drummer for Potentiam from 2012 onwards.
I click "Add bands":

I pick the band Potentiam and fill in everything (notice how there's no Source bar):

So now source of information is required:

Once again, I fill in everything including the source (notice how the band is selected):

So now I have to select a band again and there's no source box:

And it goes on and on and on like this. Please help.

Written by Bad English on 07.06.2015 at 23:18

try go to band and click add line up, its other way

Sounds smart, but it just doesn't work, either. As soon as you have to choose a musician from the list you' ll end up in the same infinite loop, anyway.
----
signatures = SPAM
30.10.2019 - 20:42
D.T. Metal

attention grabber

is this still an issue
30.10.2019 - 21:11
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by D.T. Metal on 30.10.2019 at 20:42

is this still an issue

This has been solved by the chief a while ago - but thanks for asking!
----
signatures = SPAM