Metal Storm logo
Member photo index

19.11.2006 - 19:33
Ivan
Retired Admin
Just to let you know that the photo index is now open here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/photos.php. It's sorted by date, so you get to see the most recent additions on the first page.

You can access the page through the top menu of the Memberlist.
19.11.2006 - 19:42
Baz Anderson

yay! its up! its good to see this feature again
nice work!
20.11.2006 - 03:05
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Really nice indeed, a very useful tool
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
20.11.2006 - 03:06
iaberis
Advice Troll
I don't really remember it before, but seems cool
----
Bitch! Please
20.11.2006 - 05:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
This is really nice. Now we only have to check teh list and comento on the mebers pictures thread. MS is getting better and better, thanks Ivan.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2006 - 12:04
GT
Coffee!!
Nice to have that feature back. Thanks
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
20.11.2006 - 14:35
wrathchild

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2006 at 05:19

and comment on the members pictures thread.

Or PMing the user. I don't know why but the ability to publicly comment seems less frightening than just talking with the person concerned.
I tend to think that many people think that what they would write in a comment is totally worthless and they'd never PM someone with such a message. Or that they care more about making sure the other members see that they have commented, regardless of the sincerity of the message.

Anyway, I'm not against anyone using the Members' Pictures thread, it's just that I would like to see more PM exchanges since it's the best way to make true friends. PMs are underrated...

But also, if you happen to receive a nasty PM, don't forget to tell the mods
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.11.2006 - 15:02
Baz Anderson

Written by wrathchild on 20.11.2006 at 14:35

Or PMing the user. I don't know why but the ability to publicly comment seems less frightening than just talking with the person concerned.
I tend to think that many people think that what they would write in a comment is totally worthless and they'd never PM someone with such a message. Or that they care more about making sure the other members see that they have commented, regardless of the sincerity of the message.

Anyway, I'm not against anyone using the Members' Pictures thread, it's just that I would like to see more PM exchanges since it's the best way to make true friends. PMs are underrated...

i think if you recieve a PM from someone though, it puts it in a completely different context into how you read it then if it was written publicly
the reader my be put off - as they think someone somewhere in the world took the effort to personally message them just to tell them "you look nice" or something
also if someone is very nervous and are not good at taking compliments they may feel a little 'victimised' as they have been picked out out thousands of other users to be messaged.
the point being getting a PM may be a little more daunting for some people rather then reading comments in a public thread

haha. not that i am completely in favor of picture comment threads either as they probably take up too much space..
i just have a bit of spare time and thought i would throw in a bit of an arguement
20.11.2006 - 15:15
wrathchild

Written by Baz Anderson on 20.11.2006 at 15:02

the reader may be put off - as they think someone somewhere in the world took the effort to personally message them just to tell them "you look nice" or something

And I think the sender would also feel like making the effort to write something more than "you look nice", that's why I give PMs a more communicative value than traditional comments/posts
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.11.2006 - 15:25
Baz Anderson

Written by wrathchild on 20.11.2006 at 15:15

Written by Baz Anderson on 20.11.2006 at 15:02

the reader may be put off - as they think someone somewhere in the world took the effort to personally message them just to tell them "you look nice" or something

And I think the sender would also feel like making the effort to write something more than "you look nice", that's why I give PMs a more communicative value than traditional comments/posts

haha yes i suppose, but that also means a lot less people will bother messeging each other as they may only be comfortable with leaving a message in a public thread
thus could reduce the community feel of the site and lead to its destruction!!!
hahahaha - ok that last bit is too far but you know what i mean
20.11.2006 - 15:28
wrathchild

Like in, PMs of mass destruction?

You're right though and so far there no real spamming going on in the Members' Pictures thread so it's up to people to choose what best suits their needs
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
20.11.2006 - 15:39
Baz Anderson

oh yes.. hahaha - i forgot about that thread
the problem with that thread though, is that you could comment about a users picture and they are not guaranteed to see it
but yes - like has been said before, this is metal storm - not myspace
the pictures feature just allows us to see the faces behind the user
21.11.2006 - 03:18
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Looking at the member photos thingy, people mostly put actual photos of themselves. But what about members who only put album covers, or cartoon images of dragons or whatever? Drawings of the actual people are ok, but what about those random images. They look a bit out of place in a gallery don't you think?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
21.11.2006 - 12:25
wrathchild

It's not a "gallery" anymore, though of course pictures of actual people are a lot more interesting than album covers...
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
21.11.2006 - 14:41
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
excellent. i approve of this.

the comments box is not necessary. if you really have anything to say use PM or the user-picture thread. never really seemed that essential, in my opinion. when i uploaded pics i just got comments from ace and bength telling me how much of a fag i am.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
01.12.2006 - 23:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I send PMs... I wrote about the Member's Pictures thread for everyone to see it, after all, the thread is for commenting on the pics, right? And about teh PMs you're completely right, they are underrated. At least I don't receive much PMs...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.04.2007 - 18:07
W-Lash
Metal Master

Do you think that many people around here send such PMs as "You are a fucking moron. Go fuck yourself"? I wouldn't waste my time for such thing.
It's usually done by small underage kids. And here i don't see many of them.

Anyway, sorry for offtopic.
29.04.2007 - 18:12
wrathchild

Written by W-Lash on 29.04.2007 at 18:07

Do you think that many people around here send such PMs as "You are a fucking moron. Go fuck yourself"? I wouldn't waste my time for such thing.
It's usually done by small underage kids. And here i don't see many of them.

Anyway, sorry for offtopic.

It has happened at least twice that retards send very harsh (and racist) PMs to random people, often chosen because they had an entry available in the gallery. Others just go mad at someone, for no reason, when you'd have thought they were extremely cool guys.
It also happened that we had more underaged members, I remember several were just 12.
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
29.04.2007 - 18:33
W-Lash
Metal Master
But i think it happens here less than in other forums because seems like people here is more intelligent.
29.04.2007 - 18:38
wrathchild

Well, you're right I guess, especially since we switch to the newer version of the site. But we still need to keep an eye, just in case
----

Txus, Mägo De Oz
01.05.2007 - 11:46
15.644.362-K
Account deleted
Jus added mine.. you won't be surpirsed though, it's just the complete version of my avatar
01.05.2007 - 12:26
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Guest on 01.05.2007 at 11:46

Jus added mine.. you won't be surpirsed though, it's just the complete version of my avatar

This is the page you want
Member's Pictures
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.05.2007 - 19:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
A great feature really, Metal Storm is always getting better!
----
02.05.2007 - 12:59
Ivan
Retired Admin
The photo index has just got a new facelift. Check it out for yourself (wait 10 seconds for the script to load if the pictures open in the new window with white background). Pictures in profiles also work the same way.
02.05.2007 - 16:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Wow, that new feature is cool.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.05.2007 - 05:44
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Indeed, the new feature is really cool
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
03.05.2007 - 08:49
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Thats an excellent new feature!!
Its will save us members that are on dial-up or slow internet ALOT of frustrating load times.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.05.2007 - 10:24
GT
Coffee!!
Really cool feature indeed
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.06.2007 - 21:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yes I agree, it's awesome!