Metal Storm logo
RSS feeds

22.11.2006 - 17:01
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
This feature has been requested numerous times, and now it's finally here. Currently available feeds are:

[img]/images/rss.gif[/img] News
http://www.metalstorm.ee/rss/news.xml

[img]/images/rss.gif[/img] Reviews
http://www.metalstorm.ee/rss/reviews.xml

[img]/images/rss.gif[/img] Interviews
http://www.metalstorm.ee/rss/interviews.xml

[img]/images/rss.gif[/img] Articles
http://www.metalstorm.ee/rss/articles.xml

It's possible that more feeds will be added in the future, as well all of those combined in one feed.

We're still testing the feature, so any feedback on errors or possible improvements is greatly appreciated. So far it's been tested in Google Reader, Feedreader and Opera.

More information about RSS can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format).
24.11.2006 - 03:26
GhostofMirth
Account deleted
The feeds have been working perfectly fine in LiveBookmarks for Firefox 2.0, and I haven't encountered any problems as of yet in Opera.

Of all of the features on this site, I think I'll enjoy this one the most. Nice Job.
24.11.2006 - 05:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but what is the point of having an RSS feed on a forum? Still, just another great addition made to a great forum.
24.11.2006 - 07:36
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
In case you haven't noticed yet, Metal Storm is a webzine with a forum, not the other way round. Lots of people visit this site just to read the publications without having registered an account. Now those can get all the news, reviews and interviews directly into their feed reader.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
24.11.2006 - 07:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm, I guess I never thought of it that way. That's pretty cool though.
24.11.2006 - 14:22
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
We have approximately 600 000 (probably more now) single visits each month. And only 10000 registered users? The forum, this is only a small part of MS (no more than 10 - 20 % of our visits)?.

Just don't forget that the active members of the forum are just a little part of all the people who read, watch our pages, check news everyday here

So people, please remember it again, Metal Storm is a Webzine, a musical magazine and NOT a forum with some reviews on it? Of course the forum is great etc, but it's just a part of Metal Storm, this is NOT Metal Storm?

PS: Now that I understand how it works (it was hard for me really ), I can tell that RSS is really cool. But of course, I will still prefer to check our news, reviews etc on the "real" pages
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
25.11.2006 - 04:27
iaberis
Advice Troll
I don't understand...
----
Bitch! Please
25.11.2006 - 14:52
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Elite
Where I see RSS feed most useful and appreciated is in Gmail. Honestly I spend hours and hours a day writing and reading emails, now I added MetalStorm news feed into my Gmail account's webclips I get to see news headlines as they're added above the inbox listing.. I think it's great!
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
25.11.2006 - 17:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelique on 25.11.2006 at 14:52

Where I see RSS feed most useful and appreciated is in Gmail. Honestly I spend hours and hours a day writing and reading emails, now I added MetalStorm news feed into my Gmail account's webclips I get to see news headlines as they're added above the inbox listing.. I think it's great!

I use gmail it mean sI can read news like email?
When here be new news its sends me in email news, like myspace?

But I stull use internet explorer, or it only works whit firefox or simmilar browsers?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.11.2006 - 17:50
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Written by Bad English on 25.11.2006 at 17:31

Yes K7 On the Gmail page, you can see our news, reviews etc like email
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
25.11.2006 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jeff on 25.11.2006 at 17:50

Written by Bad English on 25.11.2006 at 17:31

Yes K7 On the Gmail page, you can see our news, reviews etc like email

Stupid quasten, what I shood do, Install something, or what?
I read what Ivan and yous ay but still I dont get it, my pC qnowlage sint so good, and is it posible by microsft Internet Explorer 6?

And its posible leither turn of those news, its anyoning when in MySpace some pm comes and I had 4- emails and Im in MS almoust ewery day I see nes here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2006 - 02:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 24.11.2006 at 07:36

Metal Storm is a webzine with a forum

So many MSers really forget that simple fact...I had to be told tons of times myself
26.11.2006 - 09:57
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Elite
1. Log into your gmail account
2. go to settings and choose webclips
3. check "Show my web clips above the Inbox" in case it's not checked yet
4. there's a huge list of different RSS feeds, you can either let them be or remove them, I personally removed all of them so now i only have MS RSS feed
5. in the webclips settings, paste MS RSS addresses in the search box, search and add them one by one
&. You're done Now you can see the news headlines, added reviews and interviews in the blue bar above you email listing, enjoy!
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
28.11.2006 - 17:31
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Angelique on 26.11.2006 at 09:57

1. Log into your gmail account
2. go to settings and choose webclips
3. check "Show my web clips above the Inbox" in case it's not checked yet
4. there's a huge list of different RSS feeds, you can either let them be or remove them, I personally removed all of them so now i only have MS RSS feed
5. in the webclips settings, paste MS RSS addresses in the search box, search and add them one by one
&. You're done Now you can see the news headlines, added reviews and interviews in the blue bar above you email listing, enjoy!

Tks , really a good help this one
At least for me
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy