Metal Storm logo
New Band Edit Feature: TBA albums no longer allowed

07.01.2013 - 05:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
After some deliberations and considerations we have decided to no longer accept TBA albums into the database. All albums MUST have a Title and a DATE; working/tentative titles are permitted but must include "[TENTATIVE]" or "[WORKING]" at the end. The FAQ and the "Notes on adding albums" have been updated to reflect this new policy. Thank you for your cooperation!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

07.01.2013 - 08:09
BudDa

Written by psykometal on 07.01.2013 at 05:21

After some deliberations and considerations we have decided to no longer accept TBA albums into the database. All albums MUST have a Title; working/tentative titles are permitted. The FAQ and the "Notes on adding albums" have been updated to reflect this new policy. Thank you for your cooperation!

Don't forget to also quote the source/url of the information. Very important.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
07.01.2013 - 08:12
psykometal
A staff guy...
Ah yes, of course! Derp on my part. There MUST be a valid source so that we know people aren't just making shit up to squeeze in a TBA album.
----

07.01.2013 - 16:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 07.01.2013 at 08:12

Ah yes, of course! Derp on my part. There MUST be a valid source so that we know people aren't just making shit up to squeeze in a TBA album.

many ppl says album booklet, my band, Im maniger and so on
does it counts like source?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.01.2013 - 17:17
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Bad English on 07.01.2013 at 16:38

Written by psykometal on 07.01.2013 at 08:12

many ppl says album booklet, my band, Im maniger and so on
does it counts like source?

Well if they use "album booklet" then that means the album should've already been released so that's fine. And if a member of the band or band's management adds the album with a title then no we will not argue with them, that would just be bad PR on our part.

But if we happen to notice that a particular user is claiming to be a member of the band while adding multiple albums from multiple different bands then that of course will look a bit fishy and some research will be done into that user...
----

07.01.2013 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have seen many say source simply google, i net , or I own album something like this
----

apos;'
[image]
07.01.2013 - 19:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Bad English on 07.01.2013 at 18:46

I have seen many say source simply google, i net , or I own album something like this

Well if they are adding an album with a specific release date, title, tracklist and album art with those as a source then likely it's ok. This thread is referring to adding albums with ONLY a Title but have NO specific release date, tracklist or album art.

Basically it boils down to this...did the person submit the album with an actual title or did they jsut submit TBA for the title? If they submitted an album with TBA as the title then it is to be immediately rejected. If you find that someone has added an album with TBA as the title then PM the link to the album so I can delete it. If the album was submitted with a proper title but no other info and the release date is something like December 2013 and there is no source or the source they indicated does not specifically indicate that there is a legitimate title for that album, then reject it.

In any case there should be NO albums added that don't have a source indicating their release anyway, mine and BudDa's comments above are merely just a reaffirmation of what should be obvious to anybody who regularly submits and/or checks albums.
----

07.01.2013 - 22:12
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
And what about metal archives.com? 90 Percent of users points Metal Archives as an source... not a reliable source, I say.
07.01.2013 - 22:18
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Well thats better, kind of.. because I think you should consider accepting albums that have official announcements with tentative release dates and infos.
07.01.2013 - 23:25
Promonex
Cathemeral
So, uh, if a label says band X will release an album in September, but don't have a title yet, this isn't to be submitted anymore?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
08.01.2013 - 00:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 07.01.2013 at 23:25

So, uh, if a label says band X will release an album in September, but don't have a title yet, this isn't to be submitted anymore?

No
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2013 - 00:46
theFIST

Written by Promonex on 07.01.2013 at 23:25

exactly
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
08.01.2013 - 01:01
Fredd
Account deleted
To-be-announced albums are not allowed, right? so if a band announces that they're recording and releasing an album in 2013, but they havent decided on a title or anything, does it count?
08.01.2013 - 01:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 01:01

To-be-announced albums are not allowed, right? so if a band announces that they're recording and releasing an album in 2013, but they havent decided on a title or anything, does it count?

it means TBA album
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2013 - 01:22
psykometal
A staff guy...
It's not really that difficult of a concept people...if the album has a title it's allowed if the album doesn't have a title it isn't allowed...

And if you people are all trolling me then fuck you all!
----

08.01.2013 - 04:00
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
So wait, can I add an album that has been announced but doesn't have a title?.... I'm kidding don't shoot me.
This is a welcomed change in my opinion, loading up the database with multiple TBA albums by people/bands like Down or Devin Townsend is just a bit silly. Also the TBA album for Necrophagist, which might not even come out (and other albums in that kind of situation) are completely unnecessary.
08.01.2013 - 04:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Alex F on 08.01.2013 at 04:00

So wait, can I add an album that has been announced but doesn't have a title?.... I'm kidding don't shoot me.

Die bitch!!!
----

08.01.2013 - 09:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 08.01.2013 at 04:41

Written by Alex F on 08.01.2013 at 04:00

Die bitch!!!

If I criate time maschine and go to future and see album realy is out and come beck in this time I can add it?
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2013 - 09:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Bad English on 08.01.2013 at 09:25

If I criate time maschine and go to future and see album realy is out and come beck in this time I can add it?

Die bitch!!!
----

08.01.2013 - 09:45
BudDa

Written by psykometal on 08.01.2013 at 01:22

It's not really that difficult of a concept people...if the album has a title it's allowed if the album doesn't have a title it isn't allowed...

HELLO PEOPLE!!!

Zep, probably this post should have been at the top coz this TBA is proving to be such a grey area. Lol
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
08.01.2013 - 09:54
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by BudDa on 08.01.2013 at 09:45

HELLO PEOPLE!!!

Zep, probably this post should have been at the top coz this TBA is proving to be such a grey area. Lol

Hahaha! I know right?! I thought it would be such an easy concept to grasp but apparently I created quite the conundrum in the MS universe...
----

08.01.2013 - 14:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 08.01.2013 at 09:30

Written by Bad English on 08.01.2013 at 09:25

Die bitch!!!

how about if band name album TBA
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2013 - 14:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by psykometal on 08.01.2013 at 09:54

Written by BudDa on 08.01.2013 at 09:45

HELLO PEOPLE!!!

Hahaha! I know right?! I thought it would be such an easy concept to grasp but apparently I created quite the conundrum in the MS universe...

you just overestimated the intelligence of most MS users
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.01.2013 - 16:15
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I'm very glad that this change has came into force. It's always bugged me that TBA albums with no fixed title or release date have been accepted into the MS database. Mainly because it can be confusing, and sometimes misleading, for fans, so I very much welcome this move!
08.01.2013 - 18:04
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 07.01.2013 at 22:12

And what about metal archives.com? 90 Percent of users points Metal Archives as an source... not a reliable source, I say.

Absolute misleading.

Well, i don't think we should accept MA sources or related to any unofficial web links*. In my case I use to send that guy a message "MA is misleading, try to check out the news from official source or facebook" and look for reliable sources before accepting it.

*Sources like MA, Blabbermouth, Gauntlet, Injection or Metalsucks are not always correct. And that's what I strongly believe.
08.01.2013 - 18:08
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 08.01.2013 at 18:04

Absolute misleading.

Well, i don't think we should accept MA sources or related to any unofficial web links*. In my case I use to send that guy a message "MA is misleading, try to check out the news from official source or facebook" and look for reliable sources before accepting it.

*Sources like MA, Blabbermouth, Gauntlet, Injection or Metalsucks are not always correct. And that's what I strongly believe.

That's exactly what I do, but people always are bitching that "they were told that MA source is ok"...

Hey there, Cynic Metalhead. Long time no see.
08.01.2013 - 18:19
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 08.01.2013 at 18:08

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 08.01.2013 at 18:04

Absolute misleading.

Hey there, Cynic Metalhead. Long time no see.

Glad to see my name using in positive context after long time or else guys like chauvinist-turned-vagabond old ass Marcel have always try to violated me .

I am good. How's you?
08.01.2013 - 20:15
psykometal
A staff guy...
MA as a Source is not a good idea. But I do recommend using MA as a starting point for mass info gathering and then use official sources to verify if all the info you found via MA is actually valid or bullshit. And whatever official sources you used to verify the info you got from MA is what you should use as your source.

Capiche, or do I need to break that down better too...?
----

09.01.2013 - 14:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Cool, makes sense as a lot of things don't work out, and then were left with bunch of TBAs that never happened.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.01.2013 - 23:05
Uldreth

If I am ever releasing something, I will name it TBA.

Fuck da system!