Produced by Orphaned Land.
Co-producer - Johan Örnborg.
Recorded by:
Johan Örnborg at Fascination Street Studios, Sweden,
Yonatan Kossov (assistant engineer - Ofri Tamim) at Bardo Studios, Israel,
Idam Amsalem at Black Knob studio, Israel,
Yilmaz Karayalim at Sesler Studio, Turkey,
Evren Arkman at Studio Barista, Turkey.
Mixed & masterd by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios, Sweden.
Band photo by Ami Bornstein.
Drum tech - Ami Bornstein.
Artowork & design by Metastazis.

Staff review by
R'Vannith
Rating:
The sons of the blazing sun and brothers of the orient are a musical force which have received due attention as few bands have a sound as defined, identifiable or unique as Orphaned Land. The folk instrumentation and vocal arrangements incorporated into their music carry a strong cultural resonance that reaches the ears of many listeners from all corners of the globe and from all walks of life. An equally remarkable and noble aspect to their sound has been and remains to be the conviction they show toward spreading a message. Their studio efforts have become increasingly inspired by their undying desire to state the necessity to progress beyond the violence and hostility that afflicts us in this war torn world.

Read more ››
published 20.08.2013 | Comments (9)

Found in 52 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 40   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 938 users
22.03.2013 - 19:50
StrongLariat

Oh, yeah!
24.03.2013 - 06:18
c.metallerstein

How am I going to wait all that long !! it seems like a never ending way
25.03.2013 - 03:42
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by c.metallerstein on 24.03.2013 at 06:18

it seems like a never ending way

26.03.2013 - 04:47
mikeprado30

They never disappoint! I hope they will be in the same road for this new release
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
07.06.2013 - 21:08
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Damn, I've never been so excited about an Orphaned Land release.
----
21.06.2013 - 00:40
Likesd1MetaleirO

The album, don't have grolws, and what?
Its perfect! Love this guys!! \m/,
9-10
----
...Love is Suicide...
21.06.2013 - 22:02
Rating: 9
pyrz

^Don't know what you're talking about. There are growls on "Fail", for example.
22.06.2013 - 11:41
Rating: 10
Ahmed Mohamed A

EASILY ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!
22.06.2013 - 21:27
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I really love the album cover, it's nice to see people thinking this way.
----
22.06.2013 - 22:09
DrM
DreaMutilated
Written by qlacs on 22.06.2013 at 21:27

I really love the album cover, it's nice to see people thinking this way.

Even though this idea is borrowed from Disturbed:

Orphaned Land's design is much better though. Can't wait to hear it.
23.06.2013 - 16:19
pyrz

It looks even better with the special gold print

My favourite album of the year so far, definitely a 9.
24.06.2013 - 02:24
renai

Indeed a nice album. It's my first Orphaned Land disc. It reduce much unneseccererry cheeky silly instrumentation as in their label 'progressive metal' but replaced with friendly folk lick with folk instruments.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
25.06.2013 - 15:39
Rating: 7
advent

Mmm, an enjoyable album indeed , not special , a lot of folk and less prog elements and a lot of arabic oriental melodies are borrowed from a lot of arabic songs so it is not original for me at all , maybe a 7 well be a just rate for this album.
25.06.2013 - 23:14
InnerSelf
proofread free
A step down in every aspect from the former album, less variation and some pretty generic proggy moments ... moments of brilliance are still present, but not as often as you'd expect from them !
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
26.06.2013 - 18:52
Rating: 10
Borgir

This is awesome album! So damn awesome! Very well produced, great melodies and lyrics. So much better album than theirs last one. One of the best albums (2013)!
27.06.2013 - 00:56
Fat & Sassy!

Written by renai on 24.06.2013 at 02:24

It reduce much unneseccererry cheeky silly instrumentation as in their label 'progressive metal'...

Much like most genres, "progressive" music is a pretty broad category of music. Quirky instrumentation isn't the only characteristic of prog rock, although this album does have its fair share of that kind of thing. It's just that the band writes such accessible and natural music; it's easy to not notice it. Anyhoo, I'm glad you are enjoying this fantastic band's music. I *highly* recommend that you check out Mabool. It's is, in my humble opinion, a masterpiece.
27.06.2013 - 05:59
ProgVet

Bravo Orphaned Land, bravo. Almost as good as Mabool, almost. Those orchestrals?
27.06.2013 - 16:29
DrM
DreaMutilated
Just got the limited edition version and something sounded familiar with the bonus song "As I stare at the ocean alone".
My friend figured it out - the music is taken precisely from a Yehuda Poliker song חלון לים התיכון ("Chalon Layam Hatichon", a window to the Mediterranean sea).

They did have some collaborations with Poliker a few times.
27.06.2013 - 17:00
Rating: 8
Atrus

Their worst album. Still great, but too much generic songs, more accesible for people...
27.06.2013 - 19:13
CyberSymphony
Ollie
It's good, but rather disappointing, more symphonic and less progressive. Great use of Oriental folk again, but far too simple structures, almost generically average. Not very 'challenging' either compared to Mabool or Neverending...
27.06.2013 - 23:09
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I like it a lot
----
30.06.2013 - 07:16
chomskeet

Kinda disappointed it's less like Mabool than ORwarriOR was. Maybe they'll go back to their roots in a future release. Nevertheless, it's still a tight album. Very easy to listen to and quite catchy. By far their most accessible. Hopefully they'll widen their listener base and thus garner enough support to tour the US more often.
03.07.2013 - 17:41
Slayerus23
Account deleted
Sounds generic, easy and too much orchestral for its purpose. Also, really annoying lyrics.

Am I the only who thinks that they just stopped being metaphorical about religion and stated everything they believe and stand for in these lyrics? There's no art nor soul on saying things this way after releasing such albuns as Mabool or Orwarrior.. We all already know what they want.

This is not challenging at all and their arabic driven songs sound too uninspired and seem all the same. I'll try to give it another pair of spins, but I feel really disappointed regarding this as one of my all time favorite metal bands.
04.07.2013 - 18:56
Rating: 6
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
After the first song the album goes downhill for me. I hate that.
----
rekt
14.07.2013 - 09:57
Zadion

This is honestly a solid album, very good to great, but man... Mabool and ORwarriOR are LEGENDARY. I'm disappointed they threw out so much of the prog.
17.07.2013 - 10:34
Sincarnator

This is something i'm relly proud to own
17.07.2013 - 15:50
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Starts really well, but gets damn repetitive as the record progresses. All are pretty much easy-listening songs and it gets tiring, not much diversity in this one. The strongest point here is clearly the production, it sounds amazing.
20.07.2013 - 19:27
Rating: 5
hadriel

Most shallow and dumbed down album this band has released both in terms of composition and lyrics.
21.07.2013 - 20:13
Sincarnator

'Brother' shook me totally... but the title track fell back!! still the album's good
23.07.2013 - 17:46
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Sooooooo disappointed with All Is One, as good as this album is may be. It is getting more and more predictable and boring every time I listen to it. Their worst IMO but its still good music.

Hits total: 19703 | This month: 64