Comments

Comments: 21   Visited by: 348 users
03.04.2013 - 18:42
mariano

...Enrique Iglesias cover??? fuck no!
03.04.2013 - 20:23
CaLu
Account deleted
Within Temptation is going on a way too commercial tour for my opinion... This I think isn't something a band of this status needs
03.04.2013 - 21:47
ArianUndead

This is so fucked up!
05.04.2013 - 11:37
Hellbrann

Can you imagine listening to them explaining their choices on the radio while working? It is horrible. Not that they had any credibility left after that horrible last album.
----
Druantia | Folk metal
11.04.2013 - 21:16
DrBassdrum

This compilation is specially recorded for the Belgian/Dutch radio station Q-Music.
They release it because a lot of (non)fans we asking for it!
13.04.2013 - 18:15
Rating: 8
Ethan1994

Written by Hellbrann on 05.04.2013 at 11:37

Can you imagine listening to them explaining their choices on the radio while working? It is horrible. Not that they had any credibility left after that horrible last album.

As posted on the band's website:
In the run up to the 15th anniversary of Within Temptation in the sold-out Sportpaleis in Antwerp, the band was asked by Q-Music to choose and perform an existing track in a 'Within Temptation-fashion' on a weekly basis. The band accepted this challenge enthusiastically that resulted in reworks of hits by David Guetta, Passenger, Lana Del Rey and Bruno Mars amongst others. The feedback on these covers by the fans and listeners of Q-Music was extremely positive, which made the band decide to release a selection of the covers on an album.

Front-lady Sharon Den Adel: "Our approach was to really make the cover a new Within Temptation song. So not going the easy way by using only a piano or an acoustic guitar for example, but really trying to put all the elements of a Within Temptation track in this new version. It was quite a challenge because we had only one week to get it right, while recording an original Within Temptation song can sometimes takes up half a year! But this pressure also gave us an creative boost and it was very rewarding to get it done in time each week. Also, we learned a lot from the in-depth analysis we needed to make on these hits, written by others, in combination with implementing our own sound and style in each new cover. We are glad that we've taken up this challenge.''
19.04.2013 - 00:43
BlackHalo83

Written by Guest on 03.04.2013 at 20:23

Within Temptation is going on a way too commercial tour for my opinion... This I think isn't something a band of this status needs

So what? Just because a band has a commercial image shouldn't stop you from enjoying their music, overall they still have that spark unlike other bands that change their style. It seems that everyone is into other commercial bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden, but when it comes to new generation bands like WT going a bit commercial, we all have to downgrade them for that.
19.04.2013 - 00:45
BlackHalo83

Written by mariano on 03.04.2013 at 18:42

...Enrique Iglesias cover??? fuck no!

So what? Angtoria did a cover of Kylie Minogue (another famous pop star) and they won best cover song on MS. That's an example on how people shouldn't bitch on bands doing cover songs on non metal genres.
19.04.2013 - 11:45
CaLu
Account deleted
Written by BlackHalo83 on 19.04.2013 at 00:43

So what? Just because a band has a commercial image shouldn't stop you from enjoying their music, overall they still have that spark unlike other bands that change their style. It seems that everyone is into other commercial bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden, but when it comes to new generation bands like WT going a bit commercial, we all have to downgrade them for that.

I have too disagree with you on several points. It's first of al my choice to dislike this new stuff, because I don't see it fit in my likings. What someone else thinks about it is entirely up to them. Secondly I don't downgrade them, as they're still a great band, I did like the older stuff more than this newer stuff, and I wish they had stayed more into that kind of music. But then again that's a personal opinion.

If you do enjoy the Q-Music Sessions, and more of that kind of covers, please feel free to do so.
19.04.2013 - 15:55
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by BlackHalo83 on 19.04.2013 at 00:45

So what? Angtoria did a cover of Kylie Minogue (another famous pop star) and they won best cover song on MS. That's an example on how people shouldn't bitch on bands doing cover songs on non metal genres.

Doing covers of non-metal songs is fine. The difference is Kylie is awesome, while Enrique Iglesias... is not.
20.04.2013 - 06:14
Ap46

Don't hold any grudge against metal bands covering pop songs. The thing with this compilation, is that, although i think they succeded in turning metal every song, most of the original songs are quite lame, so they drag it to their covers. Probably, the best are: Apologize and Titanium. It's a shame Skyfall didn't get in the compilation. The rest are just...meh.
20.04.2013 - 06:53
BlackHalo83

Written by Azarath on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

Written by BlackHalo83 on 19.04.2013 at 00:45

Doing covers of non-metal songs is fine. The difference is Kylie is awesome, while Enrique Iglesias... is not.

Yeah...no, it's cool if you like it.
20.04.2013 - 06:56
BlackHalo83

Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 11:45

Written by BlackHalo83 on 19.04.2013 at 00:43

I have too disagree with you on several points. It's first of al my choice to dislike this new stuff, because I don't see it fit in my likings. What someone else thinks about it is entirely up to them. Secondly I don't downgrade them, as they're still a great band, I did like the older stuff more than this newer stuff, and I wish they had stayed more into that kind of music. But then again that's a personal opinion.

If you do enjoy the Q-Music Sessions, and more of that kind of covers, please feel free to do so.

I never said if you like it or not, what I don't agree with is that you said "commercial" isn't something WT needs.
20.04.2013 - 23:23
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Not that bad actually... They really covered all songs in their own style. And Sharon's voice makes everything better I especially liked Summertime Sadness and Behind Blue Eyes.
21.04.2013 - 15:09
ColdRail

With each new album they became one step more commercial, this is commercial as it gets.
21.04.2013 - 16:06
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Too bad, the Skyfall cover wasn't on here, I kinda liked that one. Everything else, is 'meh' and very commercial. I won't bother this this.
11.08.2013 - 02:06
SUHAYL

This is *allz no one wants to listen to stupid RnB crap
23.08.2013 - 10:18
Rating: 9
Metal_4Ever

I actually liked Del Rey's cover, amazing
22.06.2015 - 05:37
Rating: 7
Ruchesko

Gotta say I rather like the Swedish House Mafia cover.
19.07.2015 - 20:57
Rating: 8
Wiseman's Fear

To be honest, of an album full of pop covers I don't expect anything particularly deep. This isn't as high flying as their album but it's fun for me at least. I like, especially Summertime Sadness.
27.04.2016 - 19:00
Rating: 1
Abyssus

I love how some people say that it's not their fault if some radio station asked them to do these covers so what? if a radio station ask them to cover lim* bi**it songs or just** bieb** they should just go for it? fuck NO . regardless of how good it turns out it's fucked up. and by the way when bands going commercial or mainstream it's fucked up because they forget why people like their works, so in order to go big like popstars, they start doing shit music, they either go too Pop or too Rap or too Industrial-Electronic.

Hits total: 8918 | This month: 9