Metal Storm logo
Question about permission sanction reasons

07.01.2007 - 05:53
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I am very afraid about posting this question, as I am in fear of being hunted down by Metal Storm's secret police. Might as well take my chances, as answers to life's riddles are always discovered by first asking a question.

We all know that the moderators give out warnings when a user has done wrong the first time, such as having a large picture in their signature. This does not appear to be the case when a user has a permission taken away. On some user profiles I see, they sometimes have their permission to vote taken away, but there is never an explanation as to why. This leaves someone to wonder why an evil-doer has had a permission taken away or banned. I now ask this: why is it that removal of permissions is never clarified? Is it to prevent other users from ridiculing the evil-doer, sending messages such as "LOL! u got banned for (insert reason here)" to the one who was banned? Any explanation of this form the moderation would be deeply appreciated.

Your regards, living in fear that Big Brother will terminate me,
~Insineratehymn
07.01.2007 - 13:08
wrathchild

You mean that you can see a reason along with warnings but not along a loss of permission, right?

Well, we give a reason, but this cannot be seen by normal users. Why? I don't know, that's Ivan's idea.
But there's always a reason, we don't ban people cause we're sadistic bastards from Hell.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
07.01.2007 - 15:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 07.01.2007 at 13:08

You mean that you can see a reason along with warnings but not along a loss of permission, right?

IMO he means it, just like old MSv2 when there was posible see it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing