Metal Storm logo
Woods Of Desolation - New Album Detailed And Song Streaming Online

Australia's now leading depressive black metal act Woods Of Desolation are happy (wait, what?) to announce the release of the band's upcoming album As The Stars, due out February 14th, 2014. Behold the details and enjoy the new song, "This Autumn Light", below.

About the album, Northern Silence Productions says: "On this 3rd album, mastermind D. on guitars, with the help of session members (Vlad from Drudkh on drums, Luke Mills from Nazxul and Pestilential Shadows on bass, and Old from Drohtnung on vocals), continues the musical direction which was begun on Toward The Depths and refined on the very successful Torn Beyond Reason.

Fans of the band will be pleased to hear that the main ingredients as well as the songwriting are similar to those on W.O.D.'s excellent sophomore album - haunting, melodic and intense Depressive Black Metal, delving further into melancholy and the essence of personal expression through music, which may occasionally remind the listener of another of Australia's finest, Austere, as well as Alcest, and perhaps Brave Murder Day-era Katatonia."

Artwork by Lucas Ruggieri

As The Stars tracklist:

01. Like Falling Leaves
02. Unfold
03. And If All The Stars Faded Away
04. This Autumn Light
05. Anamnesis
06. Withering Field
07. Ad Infinitum

Source: northern-silence.de
Band profile: Woods Of Desolation
Posted: 17.11.2013 by J. N.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 123 users
17.11.2013 - 14:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Terribly average band and by the sound of this new song, nothing has changed in that department, unfortunately.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.11.2013 - 14:59
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.11.2013 at 14:43
Terribly average band and by the sound of this new song, nothing has changed in that department, unfortunately.

Give us some non-terribly average DSBM then.
17.11.2013 - 15:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 17.11.2013 at 14:59

almost impossible since most of it is extremely average

Old Shining is very good, of course. And from Australia Suicidal Emotions by Abyssic Hate.
older Xasthur, Totalselfhatred, Forgotten Tomb's SOngs To Leave and Springtime Depression.
Silencer, musically very good but the pathetic over the top totally spoil it.

The problem actually is that most DSBM is extremely average especially when it comes to newer bands.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.11.2013 - 16:17
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 17.11.2013 at 14:59

Gris imo..
17.11.2013 - 17:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Not a big fan of the album cover (I'm assuming it's the same artist of Drudkh's later works and Vlad asked him to design this) but really liked the music. I'm surprised even without Yatras (who seems to have found a new project with Blackened Angel) that this still holds true to the original formula.

I'm conflicted about the release date. Valentine's Day? According to Wiki Australians don't celebrate it so I guess they don't care...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.11.2013 - 17:49
Ikuinen

The song doesn't quite song like the ones on Torn Beyond Reason... But I'm still really liking this song
17.11.2013 - 17:52
theFIST

It"s ok, but nothing more than that
i hope for a standout track such as An Unbroken Moment
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
17.11.2013 - 18:53
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2013 at 17:37

Not a big fan of the album cover (I'm assuming it's the same artist of Drudkh's later works and Vlad asked him to design this) but really liked the music. I'm surprised even without Yatras (who seems to have found a new project with Blackened Angel) that this still holds true to the original formula.

I'm conflicted about the release date. Valentine's Day? According to Wiki Australians don't celebrate it so I guess they don't care...

If you haven't already, you should look up Germ.
17.11.2013 - 19:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 17.11.2013 at 18:53

I've looked into them before, just never liked what I heard. I don't really listen to this genre anymore. :/
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.11.2013 - 19:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2013 at 19:04
I don't really listen to this genre anymore. :/

Who are you?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.11.2013 - 19:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.11.2013 at 19:06
Who are you?

I still listen to some stuff, like Woods of Desolation, Totalselfhatred, and Gris, but that's pretty much it.
----
17.11.2013 - 19:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2013 at 19:10

Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.11.2013 at 19:06
Who are you?

I still listen to some stuff, like Woods of Desolation, Totalselfhatred, and Gris, but that's pretty much it.

No Shining? D: Your avatar... YOUR FACE IS A LIE!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.11.2013 - 00:15
Reaper_Redeemer

Why so much hate to this band?
If you dont stick on the genre issues, this is a band that released a masterpiece work of this kind of sound. "Torn beyond reason"

I am waiting !!! ))
18.11.2013 - 02:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2013 at 17:37

Where does it say we don't have Valentine's Day?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
18.11.2013 - 02:54
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by M C Vice on 18.11.2013 at 02:40

It doesn't say you don't celebrate it, but it doesn't say that you do celebrate it.
----
18.11.2013 - 04:37
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.11.2013 at 02:54

Written by M C Vice on 18.11.2013 at 02:40

It doesn't say you don't celebrate it, but it doesn't say that you do celebrate it.

It doesn't mention you guys celebrating it, either. We both count as part of the "anglosphere".
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
18.11.2013 - 07:45
no one
Account deleted
I don't really listen to this genre anymore either, but i would probably still listen to this band as they are one of the best.

Most of those bands Marcel mentioned are some of the worst dsbm bands, so it shows what his opinion on this band means to me......fuck all

btw, yes stupid people still celebrate valentines day

edit: over exagerated a bit here, probably just one of the better dsbm bands, not one of the best
18.11.2013 - 11:47
Stoned Crow

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.11.2013 at 19:04

Written by Guest on 17.11.2013 at 18:53

I've looked into them before, just never liked what I heard. I don't really listen to this genre anymore. :/

What are you thoughts on the Ellende album?

As to this song, it quickly became background music for me: I don't care for it too much. Not bad, just nothing special.
----
I'm very serious about not being serious.
18.11.2013 - 16:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Stoned Crow on 18.11.2013 at 11:47
What are you thoughts on the Ellende album?

I appreciated the use of violin and the fact they managed to keep a little bite in their sound, but overall I've just kind of strayed from this style. For me, bands like Gris and ColdWorld already kind of achieved the pinnacle of atmospheric depressive black metal with classical instrumentation, so when bands like Ellende come onto the scene I'm not overly impressed.
----

Hits total: 4055 | This month: 4