Metal Storm logo
Lyrics translations

Original post

Posted by Torelli, 16.01.2007 - 18:34
I decided to make this thread beacuse many good songs isn't in english, and it can be hard to get a translation, so with the help of some metalstormers, perhaps we can understand the lyrics. It doesn't matter what kind of music it is(that's why I put in the general music forum), as long it's not in english.
24.06.2009 - 19:29
Smurfophagist

Written by Øyvind on 21.05.2009 at 21:31

Written by Elio on 21.05.2009 at 20:07

IMO he finds transalations on some website and copy/paste it here...

...but I could be wrong....

He used Google Translate. Yes, he did. He used Google Translate. Google Translate is completely useless, I once used it on a page from the old Balkan thread, and nearly burst a kidney laughing

I used it once. two words: KANIBAL LE?
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
24.06.2009 - 21:05
Torelli

Written by Haddonfield on 24.06.2009 at 19:21

Seeing how cool it is to finally understand Svaltvinter, here's another song I've been listening to a lot recently. It's Trollfan by ...and Oceans:

"Ta mig över brinnande vatten
Lat snön smälta i handen
Fangad av starkaste nät
Sanden star torr och het

Det tisslar och tasslar
Lyssna - Löven prasslar

I denna härliga trädgard
Med ljuvligaste frukter
Bland praktfulla blommor
Och de sötaste druvor"

Any finish speaking volunteers?

I hope you don't mind me translating again? It's swedish so...

"Take me over burning water
let the snow melt in the hand
Trapped by the strongest net
the sand is dry and hot

It whispers
Hear - the leaves rustle

In this lovely garden
with the most delectable fruits
among magnicifent flowers
and the sweetest grapes"
25.06.2009 - 00:04
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Smurfophagist on 24.06.2009 at 19:29

Written by Øyvind on 21.05.2009 at 21:31

Written by Elio on 21.05.2009 at 20:07

IMO he finds transalations on some website and copy/paste it here...

...but I could be wrong....

He used Google Translate. Yes, he did. He used Google Translate. Google Translate is completely useless, I once used it on a page from the old Balkan thread, and nearly burst a kidney laughing

I used it once. two words: KANIBAL LE?

OMFG! Cannibal Corpse Imagine translating The Sins Of Thy Beloved, or Children of Bodom (especially Bodom ), not to mention Cradle of Filth
----
25.06.2009 - 03:46
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Torelli on 24.06.2009 at 21:05

Seeing how cool it is to finally understand Svaltvinter, here's another song I've been listening to a lot recently. It's Trollfan by ...and Oceans:

Lat snön smälta i handen
Fangad av starkaste nät
Sanden star torr och het

Det tisslar och tasslar
Lyssna - Löven prasslar

I denna härliga trädgard
Med ljuvligaste frukter
Bland praktfulla blommor
Och de sötaste druvor"

the sand is dry and hot

It whispers
Hear - the leaves rustle

In this lovely garden
and the sweetest grapes"

Very peotic, wierd that a finish band should sing in swedish, does that happen a lot?

Thanks for the translation, appreciated.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
26.06.2009 - 15:25
Torelli

Written by Haddonfield on 25.06.2009 at 03:46

Written by Torelli on 24.06.2009 at 21:05

Lat snön smälta i handen
Fangad av starkaste nät
Sanden star torr och het

Det tisslar och tasslar
Lyssna - Löven prasslar

I denna härliga trädgard
Med ljuvligaste frukter
Bland praktfulla blommor
Och de sötaste druvor"

the sand is dry and hot

It whispers
Hear - the leaves rustle

In this lovely garden
and the sweetest grapes"

Very peotic, wierd that a finish band should sing in swedish, does that happen a lot?

Thanks for the translation, appreciated.

No problem. Well, swedish is the second offical language in Finland and there are a great swedish minority living there aswell, so their should be a bunch of bands that sings in swedish as well. But the only onces I can recall now is ...and Oceans & Finntroll.
12.07.2009 - 19:57
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Been listening to Kamelot again recently, after AGES! This is the translation i came up with for those few Latin lines in "Memento Mori", Can someone please just tell me if they are correct:

[Helena]
VICTORIA, NON PRAEDA
MEMENTO MORI

Victory, not loot
Remember that you are not immortal

[Mephisto]
UNA VOCE... VOLO, NON VALEO
DULCE ET DECORUM EST
PRO PATRIA MORI
MEMENTO MORI

Unanimous... I am willing but unable
It is sweet and glorious
To die for one's land
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
13.07.2009 - 21:45
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 12.07.2009 at 19:57

Been listening to Kamelot again recently, after AGES! This is the translation i came up with for those few Latin lines in "Memento Mori", Can someone please just tell me if they are correct:

[Helena]
VICTORIA, NON PRAEDA
MEMENTO MORI

Victory, not loot

[Mephisto]
DULCE ET DECORUM EST
PRO PATRIA MORI
MEMENTO MORI

It is sweet and glorious
To die for one's land

I think there shouldn't be any problems....altho the word-by-word translations would be slightly different for me....memento mori means "think about death" but as an expression it indeed says "Think that one day you're dead - remember you ain't immortal"
Una voce should be "by one voice" which can mean indeed unanimously.....
14.07.2009 - 20:13
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 13.07.2009 at 21:45

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 12.07.2009 at 19:57

[Helena]
VICTORIA, NON PRAEDA
MEMENTO MORI

Victory, not loot

[Mephisto]
DULCE ET DECORUM EST
PRO PATRIA MORI
MEMENTO MORI

It is sweet and glorious
To die for one's land

I think there shouldn't be any problems....altho the word-by-word translations would be slightly different for me....memento mori means "think about death" but as an expression it indeed says "Think that one day you're dead - remember you ain't immortal"
Una voce should be "by one voice" which can mean indeed unanimously.....

Thank you.
Then it's of those rare times that an online dictionary had given me a relevant translation.
----
14.07.2009 - 21:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 14.07.2009 at 20:13

Thank you.
Then it's of those rare times that an online dictionary had given me a relevant translation.

It's nothing....
Then again, these Latin phrases are historically and literally so coined that they are expressions of their own which means that you should find either an exact translation or indirect explanation anyway....
15.07.2009 - 19:37
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 14.07.2009 at 21:21

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 14.07.2009 at 20:13

Thank you.

It's nothing....
Then again, these Latin phrases are historically and literally so coined that they are expressions of their own which means that you should find either an exact translation or indirect explanation anyway....

Yeah, i see. "Memento Mori" for example, several thousand pages can be written about that in Islamic teachings. On how vital "Thought of death" is for one's faith and how it can make you closer to Allah, prevent you from sins and blah blah blah. Also stories of people spending nights in cemetary lying in graves repending their sins....
Needless to say we are thaught about that from early school years in theology classes. You can imagine what happens when a teacher starts to narrate stories of what happens after you are buried, for 8-9 year old kids. Stories of the gruesome deamons with huge maces who are responsible to question you over your faith on the first night after burial. To make matters worse, the teacher is mad enough to play a cassette of horrible voices of harrowing torture, screams,....
Unfortunately many of those poor kids not only spoil their childhood in fear of a savage God -Allah- that dosen't exist but also as an adult bequeath that nonesense to their offsprings.....
----
15.07.2009 - 22:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 15.07.2009 at 19:37

To make matters worse, the teacher is mad enough to play a cassette of horrible voices of harrowing torture, screams,....

Seems the merry گوگوش era has indeed passed into...teh shadows....I also studied bit islam at school but we had a much more positive light shone upon it it....as it should... That's not what religion should do to people... That's more like the devil's work that's done to children....meant to serve the purposes of some certain people....

ok....ontopic lyrics help now....

if you have any questions bout Russian, Estonian or French, I can help ya out.....
16.07.2009 - 20:09
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 15.07.2009 at 22:03

Seems the merry گوگوش era has indeed passed into...teh shadows....I also studied bit islam at school but we had a much more positive light shone upon it it....as it should... That's not what religion should do to people... That's more like the devil's work that's done to children....meant to serve the purposes of some certain people....

ok....ontopic lyrics help now....

if you have any questions bout Russian, Estonian or French, I can help ya out.....

I've never been a fan of her, tbh. But yeah, those times are gone. Music in general(except some traditional or prosaic so-called pop) and women's singing is forbidden to be aired. As a side note, she has published a letter indicating she's gonna participate in the gathering held in NY (July, 22-24) in fornt of the UN headquarters to support fellow Iranians.
....And about Islam, you're right on that. What is dangerous is Islamism- political Islam-

btw,
There's this Kazakh band, Plastilinovy Jinn
And i have no idea in what language they sing, as they're from Kazakhstan it must be either Russian or Kazakh.....
Yet, i couldn't find the song titles in Russian-English dictionaries. There's no problem with the lyrics or song titles cos there's a brief translation available at their homepage. I just wonder if it's Russian at all.... Some tracks are available here

P.S: Their stuff aint purely metal, somehow contains rock or even pop elements as well but creates a unique sound. Besides they're from where you hardly expect to find a metal band so i guess you'll like 'em.
----
16.07.2009 - 21:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 16.07.2009 at 20:09

I've never been a fan of her, tbh. But yeah, those times are gone. Music in general(except some traditional or prosaic so-called pop) and women's singing is forbidden to be aired. As a side note, she has published a letter indicating she's gonna participate in the gathering held in NY (July, 22-24) in fornt of the UN headquarters to support fellow Iranians.
....And about Islam, you're right on that. What is dangerous is Islamism- political Islam-

Most religions turn into nightmare if they're combined with politics...

I heard music EDUCATION is banned...

Here's a painfully relevant tearjerker from our Persian Anne Veski http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbJ8fvhublQ

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 16.07.2009 at 20:09

btw,
There's this Kazakh band, Plastilinovy Jinn
And i have no idea in what language they sing, as they're from Kazakhstan it must be either Russian or Kazakh.....
Yet, i couldn't find the song titles in Russian-English dictionaries. There's no problem with the lyrics or song titles cos there's a brief translation available at their homepage. I just wonder if it's Russian at all.... Some tracks are available here

P.S: Their stuff aint purely metal, somehow contains rock or even pop elements as well but creates a unique sound. Besides they're from where you hardly expect to find a metal band so i guess you'll like 'em.

Kazakh people are mainly relatives of Turks....but in Kazakhstan they speak guess what language? *drumroll* Russian! bingo....they do have their own language which is used in schools, institutions, place-names, signs, TV etc but the parents speak RUSSIAN with children at home, kids speak RUSSIAN with their friends, basically, their own native language is like some "official foreign language B"...I had Kazakh schoolmates and they posted a note bout a party for Kazakh students only IN RUSSIAN....after we started nagging on them "why do you post it in the language everyone can read instead of your NATIVE language if it's gonna be a Kazakh-only party anyway" they quickly added a native tongue version....I'm so proud to be a monolingual speaker of me own language instead of an "international" one....

Ontopic...

The group's called Modelling Paste Genie

"Modelling Paste Genie"

He changes his shape and colour
He's the one you want to be at the moment
He's your chatting partner when you're alone
@@@Modelling Paste Genie!

Genie!

He knows your voice and laughter
You made these different from all others
He himself is the slave and the lord
@@@Modelling Paste Genie!
Genie!

"Mirage"

The show's ended and the candles are put off
And shadow hastens her running.
And you follow the shadow through curtain of years
You dash over the abyss of days.
There where lies the neglected garden
remember what was back then
We all were trying to catch our own shadow,
messing up reality and dream.

Mirage - the beating of the heart!
Mirage - the moving of the veins!
Genius of the theatre of illusions - Mirage!

Deserted streets, cold of rain
Town waiting for day
New show of the theatre of illusion
once again entertains you.
There were lies the neglected garden
you once decided you were tired.
You set on the map all you were looking for,
But you didn't find what you were looking for.

These are my translations....more artistic...I won't translate all of them, seems the translations on the page ain't that much wrong but they're a bit.....generated (if you get what I mean)...Together we POWER!

You can pick up your favourites, I can help you with these....the language's Russian so it's ok with me...
17.07.2009 - 18:25
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Ernis on 16.07.2009 at 21:03

These are my translations....more artistic...I won't translate all of them, seems the translations on the page ain't that much wrong but they're a bit.....generated (if you get what I mean)...Together we POWER!

You can pick up your favourites, I can help you with these....the language's Russian so it's ok with me...

As for the "Mirage", Aside from the weak translation the page provided, only contained the chorus. If there was any specific one wothy, i shall seek your help. Thanks alot dude, highly appritiated.
----
19.07.2009 - 10:19
tulkas
el parcero
Could anyone translate Windir's song 1184. I don't know if it's in 'regular' norwegian, or in the dialect he used. But if someone can translate it, I'd appreciate it. Great song. Here it is.

Sumaren elleve hundre og åttifira gjekk kong Sverre til harde motåtgjerder,
Drapi på han Ivar Dape med prest og følgje fekk hate større,
Det største slaget i borgarkrigen skulle no trast finna stad,
Horder av menn i brynjer med sverd ville enda opp i mannadrap,
Ingen ante at bragdi hans Arntor kunne slike følgje få.

Ved Hagastrondi på Fimreite låg Sverre sin flåte på fjortan skip,
Med mål å ramma Sogndal bygd, kvar ein gard skulle brennast ned,
Krigaren Arntor gjekk viljugt i strid for å sikra hans ætt evig grid,
Gudane ved hans side og han Magnus med hær og skip.

Utan sidestykkje, eit voldsomt mannadrap, ein eim av daud, fjorden raud, svart, svart slag.

Blodhemn rådde millom Magnus og Kong Sverre,
Deira strid om Noreg si trone enda med Magnus sitt fall med tvo tusen mann,
Svikaren Sverre slost ikkje han, so i tøs han iakttok slaget frå land,
Krigaren Arntor gjekk viljugt i strid kom alder attende døydde for grid,
Dag lei mot kveld, ætti fekk vita, Arntor såg gudane so ein ekta windir,
For å sikra hans ætt evig grid må krigaren gå viljugt i strid.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
22.07.2009 - 07:02
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Diabolos on 02.05.2009 at 22:15

Ok, so lets try :

Paintings of them who passed away

Look at the picture, that shows you the "Anfurt" (I have no idea what this wort means )
A painting of them, who passed away
Swallowed by the fog and forever lost
For those they loved once

Like I told you, I wouldn't rest till I found what Anfurt could mean, and I might have found it According to a friend it could be Anruften not Anfurten, which would make sense. It would then be something like "Look at the picture, that shows you the callings". Well, something like that, he gave the definition of Anruften in spanish. But anyway, what do you think?
----
22.07.2009 - 12:39
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by tulkas on 22.07.2009 at 07:02

Written by Diabolos on 02.05.2009 at 22:15

Ok, so lets try :

Paintings of them who passed away

Look at the picture, that shows you the "Anfurt" (I have no idea what this wort means )
A painting of them, who passed away
Swallowed by the fog and forever lost
For those they loved once

Like I told you, I wouldn't rest till I found what Anfurt could mean, and I might have found it According to a friend it could be Anruften not Anfurten, which would make sense. It would then be something like "Look at the picture, that shows you the callings". Well, something like that, he gave the definition of Anruften in spanish. But anyway, what do you think?

Nah, that doesn't make sense, because "anrufen" is just in the sense of calling someone with the phone and that doesn't fit. But if I remember correctly someone solved this problem already on the shoutbox a few days ago when you asked for the meaning of it. I can't really remember his explanation though, but if you look back some days in the shoutbox you should find it

//Edit: Oh, and your sentence with "Anruften" doesn't make sense at all, if it would be like that it would have to be called "Anrufe", but as I said above that sentence also doesn't make sense (but it's grammatically correct )
22.07.2009 - 16:47
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Diabolos on 22.07.2009 at 12:39

Nah, that doesn't make sense, because "anrufen" is just in the sense of calling someone with the phone and that doesn't fit. But if I remember correctly someone solved this problem already on the shoutbox a few days ago when you asked for the meaning of it. I can't really remember his explanation though, but if you look back some days in the shoutbox you should find it

//Edit: Oh, and your sentence with "Anruften" doesn't make sense at all, if it would be like that it would have to be called "Anrufe", but as I said above that sentence also doesn't make sense (but it's grammatically correct )

Shit! I'll see if I can search the shoutbox, but that's a pain the ass.
----
22.07.2009 - 17:37
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by tulkas on 22.07.2009 at 16:47

Written by Diabolos on 22.07.2009 at 12:39

Shit! I'll see if I can search the shoutbox, but that's a pain the ass.

Just search for your post where you asked what it means, it was shortly after that!
23.07.2009 - 00:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Can someone translate Mägo De Oz's Manana Empieza Hoy for me? por favor

Nunca es tarde,
Nunca te rindas.
Deshazte del miedo, mañana empieza hoy.

Nunca es tarde,
Nunca te rindas.
Deshaste del miedo, mañana empieza hoy.

Nunca es fácil ser uno mismo.
Nunca abandones, mañana empieza hoy.

Si tu suerte se fugo,
Se abrio de piernas y se fue
A la cama con tus heridas y tu valor.
Si el espejo te escupió
Fracasos y algún mal de amor
y no encuentras ningún rincón de paz en ti.

Nunca es tarde,
Nunca te rindas.

Si tu alma se olvido
Que la tristeza es recordar
A la muerte y la depresión tu dirección.
Cuando llora el corazón se llena de mocos el valor,
Se irritan los ojos de la esperanza, suénatelos.

Nunca es tarde,
Nunca te rindas.

Levantate no te dejes ganar y hecha a volar. Ohh!

Nunca es tarde,
Nunca te rindas.

Nunca es tarde,
Nunca te rindas.

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.07.2009 - 13:25
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Can anyone help me with this? It's a Russian band called Ёvil (yes, that's how they write it), the song's "Христианский дьявол"

Христианский дьявол
Т.е. сатана
Он - отец брехни, измен
И всякого говна

Грешников толкает
В гибельную грязь
Христианский дьявол -
Их рогатый князь!

Христианский дьявол
Т.е. Люцифер
Людям объясняет
Брать с него пример

Он козлиной мордой
Смотрит с пентаграмм
Он приходит к аццки
Пьяным по утрам!
----
27.07.2009 - 14:27
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Øyvind on 27.07.2009 at 13:25

Can anyone help me with this? It's a Russian band called Ёvil (yes, that's how they write it), the song's "Христианский дьявол"

Christian devil
i.e. satan
He - father of nonsense, betrayal
and all kinds of shite

Pushes the sinners
into deadly dirt
Christian devil -
their horned prince.

Christian devil
i.e. Lucifer
Explains the people
they should take him as an example.

With a face of goat
he looks from pentagrams
In the morning he arrives in hell awfully drunk.

Written by Ellrohir on 23.07.2009 at 00:41

Can someone translate Mägo De Oz's Manana Empieza Hoy for me? por favor

It is never late
never give up
Free yourself of fear, tomorrow begins today.

It is never easy to be the same
Never leave, tomorrow begins today.

If your luck escaped from you
Takes it and runs away
to bed with your injuries and valor? (I don't get it).
If the mirror spat in your face
failures and other bad things of love
and you don't find a single spot of peace in you.

It is never late
never give up

It is never easy to be the same
Never leave, tomorrow begins today.

If your soul forgot
that sorrow is to remind you
about death and depression.
When crying the heart fills up with mucus of....valor? (I DON'T get it),
If the eyes are irritated by hope, wipe them off of it.

It is never late
never give up

Rise up and don't quit winning and....flying? (I don't get one word...)

Fucktehwhat...there's shiteloads of Spanish speakers here, why do I have to do the dirty work and play K7 here?
27.07.2009 - 14:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Ernis on 27.07.2009 at 14:27

Fucktehwhat...there's shiteloads of Spanish speakers here, why do I have to do the dirty work and play K7 here?

you have to? you are called "someone"?
----

27.07.2009 - 14:57
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ellrohir on 27.07.2009 at 14:54

you have to? you are called "someone"?

I don't even speak Spanish....throw me a French text and I'll do it...my Spanish is based only on watching TV series....
27.07.2009 - 15:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Ernis on 27.07.2009 at 14:57

throw me a French text and I'll do it

alright, so all i need now is to find someone who translates for me those lyrics into french...
----

27.07.2009 - 18:31
Øyvind
Grave Digger

Written by Øyvind on 27.07.2009 at 13:25

Christian devil
i.e. satan
He - father of nonsense, betrayal
and all kinds of shite

Pushes the sinners
into deadly dirt
Christian devil -
their horned prince.

Christian devil
i.e. Lucifer
Explains the people
they should take him as an example.

With a face of goat
he looks from pentagrams
In the morning he arrives in hell awfully drunk.

Thanks a lot! Now only to find someone who speaks Polish here and my life will become great
----
27.07.2009 - 19:37
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Øyvind on 27.07.2009 at 18:31

Thanks a lot! Now only to find someone who speaks Polish here and my life will become great

No problem...thing is there might be some errors in my translation however, especially bout the last verse since Russian ain't exactly my first language...
I can't help you with Polish tho...but you can try sending private messages to some who speak Polish....
27.07.2009 - 19:59
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Ernis on 27.07.2009 at 19:37

Written by Øyvind on 27.07.2009 at 18:31

No problem...thing is there might be some errors in my translation however, especially bout the last verse since Russian ain't exactly my first language...
I can't help you with Polish tho...but you can try sending private messages to some who speak Polish....

I don't really mind about the errors, I have dictionaries, I can sort it out if necessary I was considering to contact Jupitreas about Polish, maybe I should...Btw, about your first language, I was thinking of printing an Estonian proverb or something funny in Estonian on a T-shirt, but I have no idea what to put. Can you please help me with that? (the letter Õ is compulsory )
----
27.07.2009 - 20:17
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Øyvind on 27.07.2009 at 19:59

(the letter Õ is compulsory )

Anna õlut! (Give me ale!)
Tahan (veel) õlut... (I want (more) ale)
Õlu peab nii rammus olema, et kass võib poegadega peal istuda (Ale must be so strong that a cat can sit on it with her kittens.)
28.07.2009 - 00:33
Smurfophagist

If anyone here speaks Norwegian, I would very much appreciate if they would translate this for me.

Stedvis taake paa kysten
Vil deg til livs
Forvolder doed
Aandene har begynt aa vise seg for meg
Stryk katten mot haarene
Salt i saaret
Svette
Vis meg hvor lavt fuglen kan fly
Over spoekelsesby i soek efter ly
Djevelen ga meg redskapen
Tiden og henne
Hun brakte meg slingringsmonn