Metal Storm logo
Motorsports

17.01.2007 - 15:34
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well im sure we have some motorosports fans here at forum,
there so manny moto sport i like, fav is F1 offcours and Ferarri with Kimi now,
also i like World Rally Chamnpionship
im big fun os finnish drivers, in WRC is Gronholm, F1 is Kimi, Dakar Harry Vatanen who out

so waht do u think about motorosports and stuff
do we even need this topic
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
17.01.2007 - 17:32
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I used to follow F1 - but lost interest the last couple of years.

Perhaps now that Michael Schumacher has retired it will get a bit more exciting again.

I am looking forward to seeing how Kimi gets on with Ferrari.
They have apparently already warned him about his partying

I don't follow any other motorsport though - they don't get much coverage in this country.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
17.01.2007 - 17:50
Lupas
Maximus
@EddieGunner

I had once this passion for F1 race but lost any interes. It is so boring
I prefer much more MOTOGP . Every race is a history , a legend with Valentino Roosi . This guy is amazing with Motors and i also a big fan of him . Last year i never miss a race ,well i remember that i lost 2 races, but Motogp gives real passion for motor sports .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.01.2007 - 20:03
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Sometimes I watch F1, but only if I'm at our summer cottage and really bored. In my opinion Kimi is quite pathetic. He always begins his interviews with "Well, I don't know..." and there's never anything wrong with the driver it's always the car's fault... I liked Takuma Sato, but I guess he's not driving anymore.

In general motorsports are probably the most stupid "sport" in the world. The climate change is getting worse every year and what do people do about it? Drive 100 times round the track and release lots of exhaust fumes...
----
You'll never walk alone.
17.01.2007 - 22:14
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Ernotar on 17.01.2007 at 20:03

In general motorsports are probably the most stupid "sport" in the world. The climate change is getting worse every year and what do people do about it? Drive 100 times round the track and release lots of exhaust fumes...

Ha ha
Yeah that is true . Here no rain for about a month new record for malta
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.01.2007 - 22:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well Motorsports huh

F1 I use to watch not offen, but somethimes, I like Monaco race, ist good and amazing and girls in jahts, but I like it and other races too I watch when had free time

Rally - I like Australiam NZ, Argentia, Greece and other ralies, but moustly I follow to Paris-Dakar and Desert ralies, because ist amazing, good and interesting and same time hard, but good think are we can see landscapes too

I watching bickiles too, but dunno how it calls, cross or something

I hawe no fav drivers, but I was anti Shumaher
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2007 - 06:29
tulkas
el parcero
I also lost interest in F1 some time ago. But the one I really love is WRC, IMO those are some of the best drivers you can see. I'm actually a frustrated WRC driver that's like a dream for me.

I just love WRC it's really exciting, so I'm really looking forward to this season, specially to see what happens with the new C4, and with Solberg, I hope he can have a good season and hopefully win!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
21.01.2007 - 14:29
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@hanna
yeah i hope Kimi will bring back titule to ferarri, and i must agreee with all of you that F1 was boring lately domanation os Schumi and then Alonso i think new season will be mroe intresting

@lupas
motogp is great, but noone can beat Rossi, he dind't become champ last season he give that joy to otehr guys, but he is the only driver who swith from stronger to weaker team and won title again hes THe Doctor

@Ernotar
Takuma Sato is still driving atleats he was in last season but for verry weak team os jaguri honda who always were finishing if they did about 5 or 6 laps behind winner

@K7
monte carlo race is awsome i was on that track two days after race and there still were marks of tyers of breaking starting greed was thre but noe those girls u mention

@tulkas
WRC is also intresting comepetition, but since im fan of Marcus Gronholm and other finnish drivers, i can't be happy after first rally of season , monte carlo two cC4 on top damn marcus is 3rd
----
Erno Paasilinna
21.01.2007 - 19:59
Lupas
Maximus
@EddieGunner

Valentino Rossi is a great , or the most great of all driver . He can switch to any other motogp's team and win the title with them . With him , all races are so fantastic and a pleasure to watch . Last year he had a great challenge and this he wants . He is the DOCTOR of the motogp
----
21.01.2007 - 22:16
tulkas
el parcero
Written by EddieGunner on 21.01.2007 at 14:29

@tulkas
WRC is also intresting comepetition, but since im fan of Marcus Gronholm and other finnish drivers, i can't be happy after first rally of season , monte carlo two cC4 on top damn marcus is 3rd

Actually I'm not all that happy either 'cause I'm a Solberg fan. As far as the C4 I just wanted to see how it did, and IT IS an excellent car, no doubt. I just hope that the other drivers can give them the battle.
There's a whole season ahed, so anything can happen!!
----
23.01.2007 - 16:42
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@lupas
yeah The Doctor, maybe should take Vespa and try beat Hayden and others

@tulkas
C4 where too dominant at Monaco really, so it's a bit worry for other teams but all in all season is long so Ford and Marcu and Hirvonenn have enough time to beat LEob
----
Erno Paasilinna
26.01.2007 - 19:50
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
I'm into MotoGP too. I have been following Rossi since he was 16, running in 125cc. Each race was a surprise..a wondeful challenge.

I usually don't like following sports on the TV, but I'm very fond of motorbikes, and MotoGP is a pleasure to watch..It makes me feel very strong emotions. What would I dare to run with them!!!!
27.01.2007 - 15:26
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@QueenMiSeRy
as italian u had to proud on rossi, and some other great drivers
Rossi shoudl exept challenger and sing with Ferarri tahst would be nice, waht you think

but i must mention one really great driver Alessanrod Zannardi well hes fuckin great sportsman, after losing bout legs hes back in racin, now in WTCC and hes winnig thats really something
----
Erno Paasilinna
27.01.2007 - 19:59
tulkas
el parcero
24 hour Daytona race is about to start. I hope colombian driver J.P. Montoya has a good race, it's been some time since he's been able to outstand in a race
----
28.01.2007 - 00:50
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
@EddieGunner

I'm proud of him, yes. But not only cause he's Italian. He's a very great biker, for first. He's talented and he's not afraid to dare.
I also expect good things from some among the young bike drivers.
Then, as you said, Zanardi of course, but I'm not very much into cars, to be true.
29.01.2007 - 03:18
tulkas
el parcero
hmm, what do you know, Montoya's team and car won. yeeaahhh!!
----
29.01.2007 - 11:23
Lupas
Maximus
@QueenMiSery

You are from Italy . Did you ever go to MUgello in Firenze. That is the most spectacular gp track of all. Here Rossi has no rivals . All that people for Rossi
----
29.01.2007 - 13:47
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
@lupas

Of course I've been to Mugello!! Unfortunately, it was many years ago, so I missed Rossi vs Melandri vs Capirossi vs Hayden vs Gibernau {poor him ahahah LOL} vs the others.
However, it has been amazing..for the atmosphere I mean. I could just breathe the "challenge sensation" in the air..even if, I must admit, it's not so beautiful following just a few seconds of the race, because of the little bit of track you can see. Anyway, motorbikes sound live is a wonderful music to my ears.... *__*
29.01.2007 - 15:52
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@tulkas
montay had some crash there, if i memebr good, it's hard to watch american races here, not that wan't to watch but it is hard,

@QueenMiSeRy
what about Capirossi, one dude here in my town is huge fan of him dunno why
----
Erno Paasilinna
30.01.2007 - 01:29
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
@EddieGunner

Despite his age, he's still a very good biker. One of the old class. Here in Italy we use to say "Ha manico"..this is usually referred to a person who's very able in driving and who's got a great experience.
30.01.2007 - 16:53
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Ha Manico sounds good

anyway i just heard that Mclaren MErcedes have a black driver in team, and if im not wrong this is first balck drive in F1, na di dunno manny black ppl in motorsports thats wierd, but it's better maybe i don't wanna one more sport to be dominated by black ppl, no ofence to them but whatever they come they r best so i don't wanna mercede to be best
----
Erno Paasilinna
30.01.2007 - 17:21
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Guest on 29.01.2007 at 13:47

@lupas

Of course I've been to Mugello!! Unfortunately, it was many years ago, so I missed Rossi vs Melandri vs Capirossi vs Hayden vs Gibernau {poor him ahahah LOL} vs the others.
However, it has been amazing..for the atmosphere I mean. I could just breathe the "challenge sensation" in the air..even if, I must admit, it's not so beautiful following just a few seconds of the race, because of the little bit of track you can see. Anyway, motorbikes sound live is a wonderful music to my ears.... *__*

Great
About Gibernau , he has talent but far below others . As you said , he is behind Rossi, Capirossi,Hayden and Melandri. The best of him is when the track is in wet condition. He rides the bike as if the track is dry . No one could beat him .
----
30.01.2007 - 20:12
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
@lupas

I think Gibernau's biggest problem consists in concentration. He can't cope with the stress of a continuous challenge.
He's a very good biker indeed, but I sometimes don't appreciate his behaviour. As it is for Biaggi...very bad-tempered........

@ EddieGunner

I sincerely don't know about black bikers in MotoGP So, I don't know if we could be "afraid" of them in motorsports too..
Even if I can't think of a black MotoGP biker..I mean, they're so tall and big, while usually bikers are small and not so tall...
Anyway..no doubt they're much longer superior than whites in athletics.
It would be interesting, however, to know....
01.02.2007 - 08:28
Priest Of Hex
Account deleted
I'm a die-hard fan of Aussie V8 Supercars (Ford vs. Holden), and international Pro Drag Racing.
02.02.2007 - 23:51
Lupas
Maximus
@QeenMiSery

Perfectly agree with you here. Concentration is very important in a motogp race. About Biaggi , i have no interess about him. He looks like as he have talent but he hasn't. He was great cause there was nobody When Rossi step up into motogp he fells down
----
03.02.2007 - 03:13
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Ernotar on 17.01.2007 at 20:03

I liked Takuma Sato, but I guess he's not driving anymore.

Seriously? I have always hated him. When he was at BAR Honda with Jenson Button (a driver whom I admire) as his teammate, he was a friggin' burden for the rest of racers. He could not handle the BAR engine well and could only numb the rest. Luckily he was fired from BAR Honda and joined Super Aguri, a team with no options in the championship. He is still driving for Super Aguri.

I've been a follower of Formula 1 and motorbikes since I was a child, but I've been losing interest in watching the races in the last years due to the fact that I've been having to learn more and work harder for university, but I usually watch the beginning and ending of every F1 and MotoGP race.
03.02.2007 - 20:51
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Taktsekte Oh, come one...did you actually think I liked his driving skills... I don't give a fuck about what happens in the race, but when they take their helmets off... But seriously, I agree he's a terrible driver indeed.
----
You'll never walk alone.
04.02.2007 - 00:18
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Taktsekte
@Ernotar

i dissagree with bouth of you, Sato was good driver, first of all only great drivers can drive F1
problem was that Sato haved balls to push gas all the way but Hondas motor couldn't take that and jsut explode im sure sato would be great in some stronger teams like Ferarri or Mclaren even Renault now

helmets off, it was hard to see Sato withot helmet after race they only show first three drivers so i still don't know how he reall looks liek wihtout helmet he hee
----
Erno Paasilinna
04.02.2007 - 00:31
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
@ lupas

Yes, you're right.
He's only good with words, when it's time to spend bad words about the others.
I was happy nobody wanted him last year...
04.02.2007 - 00:58
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
@Ernotar: Oh, I understand.

@EddieGunner: No, he was not and he is not a good F1 driver. When I'm referring to any Formula 1 driver as 'good', I actually mean 'really outstanding'. Of course only the best car racers in the world may fight in the F1 World Championship (look at Karthikeyan's, De la Rosa's or Hamilton's career), but, compared to them, our friend Takuma was still pretty mediocre before he joined BAR Honda. He won the Japanese Karting Championship in 1997 and some races later in Formula Opel and Formula 3 and that's pretty much all of it.

If both of you wish (oh, and all the rest of F1 freaks here on Metalstorm ), we can discuss some underrated or just very young drivers who have a lot of talent and potential in Formula 1, yet they have not had the opportunity or just any luck until now. For example, I have great hopes on that Polish BMW guy, Robert Kubica, who graduated to 2nd driver as soon as Juan Pablo Montoya left. In my opinion, he has already shown the fact that he has high expectations despite his age (22 years) by always qualifying among the top 10 and once finishing third (Monza). On the other hand, I must admit that Nico Rosberg deceived me last year. I hoped he would become as great as his father some day... oh well, he is another young driver anyway.