02. Tears Of Blood
03. Creatures
04. Bring It On
05. Never Forget

Featured in "Getting In2: Judas Priest"

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Quietly setting aside the musty orchestrations and unfamiliar, off-putting theatrics that suffocated Nostradamus, Judas Priest have once again decided to ditch all excessive trappings for a "good, old-fashioned" sort of album.

Read more ››
published 15.07.2014 | Comments (28)

Found in 33 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 4

Comments: 115   Visited by: 1096 users
14.07.2014 - 10:49
Rating: 4
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.07.2014 at 13:52

I actually think compositionally, this is a better album than Painkiller...
...as songwriting wise, this is probably their best album since Defenders Of The Faith.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........you're damn right ! This is a better album than Painkiller !
This is my favorite JP's, I bought 5 copies at one go on the first-day released as I strongly believed that it could be sold out on the next day.
I have to listen to this album at least 10 times per day, my grandmother has to listen to this album before she goes to bed every night and my grandfather has stopped taking painkiller anymore as this is better than painkiller ! Thanks Priest !
14.07.2014 - 12:21
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Ok. I don't get it. Are the people that are saying this is a better album than Painkiller actually serious? Really?
This is a dull album. Sorry. I don't hate it, but i don't love it either. Its bland. The title track sounds like a pure Iron Maiden rip off (i dont mean good Maiden. I mean late shitty dull Maiden) then for some reason you get to March of the Damned and suddenly he sounds like Ozzy.
I was hoping that young Mr Faulkner would bring a new lease of life to the band but it sounds like they have sucked the life out of him. His guitar work is very lack lustre, as I'm sorry to is Scotts drumming.
Worst of all is Rob. Like Bruce before him he can no longer do what he did (completely understandable.) but he is still trying instead of just embracing the new voice.
He is still The Metal God. All be it a bit rusty.
All that said. I'm glad there is a new album and I'll listen to it. But its safe to say, their chances of making a Painkiller beating album are nil.
I'll always love J.P. and this makes me very sad.
14.07.2014 - 14:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 14.07.2014 at 10:49
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........you're damn right ! This is a better album than Painkiller !
This is my favorite JP's, I bought 5 copies at one go on the first-day released as I strongly believed that it could be sold out on the next day.
I have to listen to this album at least 10 times per day, my grandmother has to listen to this album before she goes to bed every night and my grandfather has stopped taking painkiller anymore as this is better than painkiller ! Thanks Priest !

Yep, I can really take someone seriously who comes out with that psychobabble. The fact that I even took the time to respond to this gibberish probably means I need my own head examining.
14.07.2014 - 18:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I could only handle two songs from this and all I can say is wow...

It's pretty awful. In no way on par with, let alone better than, Painkiller or Defenders. Literally every aspect of the band seems weakened and diminished - like metal for seniors, which would explain the horrific production. Priest have released some pretty mediocre albums over the years, but I think this one is down there with the worst of them.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.07.2014 - 18:36
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Guest on 14.07.2014 at 12:21

... then for some reason you get to March of the Damned and suddenly he sounds like Ozzy.

Exactly what I forgot to post earlier !
14.07.2014 - 21:24
Rating: 6
Sword_Chant
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 14.07.2014 at 18:36

Written by Guest on 14.07.2014 at 12:21

... then for some reason you get to March of the Damned and suddenly he sounds like Ozzy.

Exactly what I forgot to post earlier !

I agree! March Of The Damned sounds just like Ozzy Ozbourne's song 'Hellraiser'. I don't mind that song though, think it's one of the only songs I can stand on this album. The rest is just very average... and bad production. At first I thought it was bad quality mp3's, but no
15.07.2014 - 03:37
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Written by Sword_Chant on 14.07.2014 at 21:24

I agree! March Of The Damned sounds just like Ozzy Ozbourne's song 'Hellraiser'. I don't mind that song though, think it's one of the only songs I can stand on this album. The rest is just very average... and bad production. At first I thought it was bad quality mp3's, but no

I do have to say i actually like March of the Damned. I don't hate this album i just think its a bit dull.
15.07.2014 - 09:43
Metal Addiction
They are not the priests I knew anymore.
15.07.2014 - 20:53
Eternity'sChild
I somehow think, that their sound doesn't fit Heavy Metal anymore, maybe Power Metal would be better (at least that comes to my mind, when listening to the intro of Down In Flames - the song just continued completely wrong )? Anyway, the songs sound very boring to me, there's nothing, that would make me want to listen to them again. But maybe it's just me, because I never could really get into Judas Priest that much, just liked some of their older stuff, but never thought that it was something spectacular.
15.07.2014 - 20:59
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Guest on 15.07.2014 at 03:37

I do have to say i actually like March of the Damned. I don't hate this album i just think its a bit dull.

What the hell are you talking about ?? Nobody hates this album.
15.07.2014 - 21:06
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.07.2014 at 14:05

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 14.07.2014 at 10:49

... I even took the time to respond to this gibberish...

Probably you just realized your big mistake.
No worries, just say that you're drunk when you posted the comment.
15.07.2014 - 21:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 15.07.2014 at 20:59

You rate the album 2 out of 10 and you don't hate it?
15.07.2014 - 21:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 15.07.2014 at 21:06
Probably you just realized your big mistake.
No worries, just say that you're drunk when you posted the comment.

I don't drink. I suspect, or at least I hope, that you were drunk, or on something when you composed that post I replied to.
15.07.2014 - 21:12
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.07.2014 at 21:07

You rate the album 2 out of 10 and you don't hate it?

C'mon I just don't like it..."HATE" is considered another emotional level.
15.07.2014 - 21:13
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 15.07.2014 at 21:12
C'mon I just don't like it..."HATE" is considered another emotional level.

True enough. lol Well we can say that lots of people don't like it then.
15.07.2014 - 21:17
TuTku
Priest has been around for over 45 years and they take a riff from Black Sabbath for Crossfire. *claps*
15.07.2014 - 22:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by TuTku on 15.07.2014 at 21:17

Priest has been around for over 45 years and they take a riff from Black Sabbath for Crossfire. *claps*

Starten in 1970 so 'only" been around for 44 years ;-)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2014 - 06:33
Ilham
Giant robot

I did this to myself, and went back to singing/dancing to Turbo Lover.
16.07.2014 - 08:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ilham on 16.07.2014 at 06:33

I did this to myself, and went back to singing/dancing to Turbo Lover.

you rare a smart person
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.07.2014 - 13:19
Dedcalm
Account deleted

Written by Guest on 15.07.2014 at 03:37

Don't they? Did you ask them all? Oh i see, cause you don't, no one else could. Silly me huh?
17.07.2014 - 21:57
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Guest on 16.07.2014 at 13:19

Don't they? Did you ask them all? Oh i see, cause you don't, no one else could. Silly me huh?

I don't have to as I knew it wothout asking.
Psychologically hatred comes from physical and emotional harm caused by something or someone which I don't think this album can bring us such a damage.
But I see hatred in your post, I guess you're hurt by me emotionally.
18.07.2014 - 08:45
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
Great album!
19.07.2014 - 05:58
HEELAngelo
Somehow I expected more from them. I won't say I'm disappointed but it's close to it.
----
\m/ Keep It Metal \m/
19.07.2014 - 21:37
Dr. Strawberry
This album is exactly in Heavy Hard Rock style, not Heavy Metal so it's not fair to say that Halford's vocals can't reach high notes anymore...there's no chance for him to sing aggressively. Ian Hill is the only one who made this album sounds heavy, Scott Travis and the rest are terrible...
- Sword Of Damocles is a rip-off of Manowar
- March Of The Damned is a rip-off of Ozzy (to be precise Desmond Child's style)
- Metalizer sounds like Demonizer (Angel of Retribution)
- Battle Cry is the only song sounds like Heavy Metal, luckily Tipton woke up finally before realizing it's Beginning Of The End...
- The cover art looks like Transformer

Congratulation Priest ! This is not your worst album (but still among their bottom 3), Demolition is still your worst.
20.07.2014 - 11:26
Ganondox
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 19.07.2014 at 21:37

This album is exactly in Heavy Hard Rock style, not Heavy Metal so it's not fair to say that Halford's vocals can't reach high notes anymore...there's no chance for him to sing aggressively. Ian Hill is the only one who made this album sounds heavy, Scott Travis and the rest are terrible...
- March Of The Damned is a rip-off of Ozzy (to be precise Desmond Child's style)
- Battle Cry is the only song sounds like Heavy Metal, luckily Tipton woke up finally before realizing it's Beginning Of The End...

Congratulation Priest ! This is not your worst album (but still among their bottom 3), Demolition is still your worst.

This is completely metal, every song I've heard from it is clearly heavy metal. It's in Priest's typical style, it just isn't as good as most their songs.
20.07.2014 - 17:11
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Ganondox on 20.07.2014 at 11:26

This is completely metal, every song I've heard from it is clearly heavy metal. It's in Priest's typical style, it just isn't as good as most their songs.

First of all you've to understand that not all Judas Priest's albums/ songs are pure Heavy Metal. Blues Rock is always their favorite to be infused in their work...sometimes mixed with hard rock and progressive elements.

Many people like you always confused between Heavy Metal and Heavy Hard Rock...If you think Ozzy Osbourne is Metal than you would naturally consider this is a Metal album (for me Ozzy is 100% Heavy Hard Rock)
- In my opinion this is 100% Heavy Hard Rock based on the drum rhythm and tempo. Guitars' melodies are more submissive to vocals compares to Heavy Metal. Ian Hill is the only one who made this album "sounds like" Heavy Metal and Battle Cry is the only Heavy Metal song in this album.
20.07.2014 - 17:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
There's no such thing as "heavy hard rock." It's no surprise people would be confused about it seeing as it doesn't exist.
20.07.2014 - 17:19
Rating: 5
Orion79
R.I.P, Judas Priest
21.07.2014 - 04:26
Ganondox
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 20.07.2014 at 17:11

Written by Ganondox on 20.07.2014 at 11:26

First of all you've to understand that not all Judas Priest's albums/ songs are pure Heavy Metal. Blues Rock is always their favorite to be infused in their work...sometimes mixed with hard rock and progressive elements.

Many people like you always confused between Heavy Metal and Heavy Hard Rock...If you think Ozzy Osbourne is Metal than you would naturally consider this is a Metal album (for me Ozzy is 100% Heavy Hard Rock)
- In my opinion this is 100% Heavy Hard Rock based on the drum rhythm and tempo. Guitars' melodies are more submissive to vocals compares to Heavy Metal. Ian Hill is the only one who made this album "sounds like" Heavy Metal and Battle Cry is the only Heavy Metal song in this album.

As Joe said, there is no such thing as heavy hard rock, though I guess that would work as a descriptor for something like Godsmack. Basing this on rhythm, it's metal, not hard rock, and the guitar melodies are much more dominant then they are in hard rock. Also, Judas Priest hasn't been blues rock since their debut, they're notable for being one of the first metal bands to move away from blues. As for Ozzy, I've heardsome metal and some hard rock in his solo material, but from what I've heard this is straight metal.
21.07.2014 - 13:44
Dr. Strawberry
Quote:
As Joe said, there is no such thing as heavy hard rock, though I guess that would work as a descriptor for something like Godsmack. Basing this on rhythm, it's metal, not hard rock, and the guitar melodies are much more dominant then they are in hard rock. Also, Judas Priest hasn't been blues rock since their debut, they're notable for being one of the first metal bands to move away from blues. As for Ozzy, I've heardsome metal and some hard rock in his solo material, but from what I've heard this is straight metal.

1) As Joe said, there is no such thing as heavy hard rock...
- No wonder you're lost as you've been following a novice all the time.
- "Heavy Hard Rock" was first introduced by some metal fans and critics few year ago. At first i thought it was redundant, stupid and pretentious...later I gradually realized it was really useful as recent years there're too many Metal bands try to be "commercial" in order to please both sides of fans (Metal & Hard Rock fans). Therefore they usually tone down the heaviness and becames "something" in between Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, a Heavy Hard Rock was borned ! It's very similar to how AOR kind of soft rock generated from Hard Rock

2) Judas Priest hasn't been blues rock since their debut, they're notable for being one of the first metal bands to move away from blues...
- I guess you've been dreaming...Judas Priest first album is Heavy Blues Rock, not Metal...British Steel also infused a lot of Blues elements.

3) As for Ozzy, I've heard some metal and some hard rock in his solo material...
- Ozzy is the grandfather of "commercial metal / heavy hard rock", many times he claimed his albums are not Metal...and don't know why people always called his solo band a metal band

Hits total: 23572 | This month: 91